Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5427359 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2020
nora2018:
am using a kangput sat finder there is is a tall building in front of the house I could only track nigcomsat and dstv signal 68.5e is not coming at all

You can as well try and edit the frequency from 12722 V 26659 to 12727 V 26659

But if the signal did not come up.. Then the first solution I gave you will do the trick. Good luck
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nora2018(m): 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2020
Digitman:

You can as well try and edit the frequency from 12722 V 26659 to 12727 V 26659

But if the signal did not come up.. Then the first solution I gave you will do the trick. Good luck
could the building be a major factor obstructing it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 4:01pm On Oct 04, 2020
Digitman:

The last time I checked, the above frequency is no longer active

Working in my room
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2020
lexxybb:
Pls I need tracking frequency for satellites with good Free-to-air TV stations. I know of multiTv on 28°. I have three 90cm dishes and I stay in ogun state

For foreign movie content = MBC 2 & MBC max will take care of that.  Then MBC ACTION shows foreign series/ WWE as well. NTA, TVC NEWS are still there as well... Point your dish to 42.5 degree east nigcomsat position ( Tracking frequency 12519 H 29500)

Then for African movie you will have to point your dish or another dish to ( 33 degree east) to receive a channel called Ghallywood tv. For 24 hours African movie. ( Tracking frequency 11015 V 30000)

Then for music.  There is a channel called boomTV  located at 16 degree east
( Tracking frequency 10804 H 30000)

You can still get a full collection of foreign movie, Nollywood movie and others In a single dish on ABS3 @3.0 degree west

( tracking frequency 10972 V 30000) ( blind scan for etv Africa)

Eg:
Movies Africana
Kidszone cartoons
Fox sports news
&flix action
Movies now action
Mbc Action
Mbc 2
Cine film
Zeemundo
Romedy now
Beatplus music
TVC
Rave TV
Tara HD
Rwanda Tv
Aljezera news
France 24 news
Dw TV
Preach TV

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2020
adubam:

Working in my room

Probably is because the way your LNB was skewed. That frequency is not active once your LNB is in 3,0 clock.
But make we leave like that because debating about it serves us no good. Happy for you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nora2018(m): 4:19pm On Oct 04, 2020
Digitman:

Probably is because the way your LNB was skewed. That frequency is not active once your LNB is in 3,0 clock.
But make we leave like that because debating about it serves us no good. Happy for you
bosses please what will be the right lnb skew
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lexxybb: 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
Digitman:

For foreign movie content = MBC 2 & MBC max will take care of that.  Then MBC ACTION shows foreign series/ WWE as well. NTA, TVC NEWS are still there as well... Point your dish to 42.5 degree east nigcomsat position ( Tracking frequency 12519 H 29500)

Then for African movie you will have to point your dish or another dish to ( 33 degree east) to receive a channel called Ghallywood tv. For 24 hours African movie. ( Tracking frequency 11015 V 30000)

You can still get a full collection of foreign movie, Nollywood movie and others In a single dish on ABS3 @3.0 degree west

Eg:
Movies Africana
Kidszone cartoons
Fox sports news
&flix action
Movies now action
Mbc Action
Mbc 2
Cine film
Zeemundo
Romedy now
Beatplus music
TVC
Rave TV
Tara HD
Rwanda Tv
Aljezera news
France 24 news
Dw TV
Preach TV

Thank you, pointing my dish to West may be a bit difficult because of my location. I was able to track multiTv (joytv) and Nigcomsat today. I appreciate you. Meanwhile, which sat do you recommend for my third dish. Thanks once again
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
nora2018:
could the building be a major factor obstructing it.

I believe I already stated that fact in my earlier post.

Tracking 68.5 degree east when there is no obstruction in front of your dish, is like, (tree near tree make monkey dey behave like say him nor dey like waka for ground)
But once there is an obstruction in front of your dish ( then the trees are very far apart. Then you go see the way monkey go use idea dey stroll for ground to avoid story for the gods)

Don't mind me with that joke oh.. It reminded me of how an installer spend a whole day trying to nail that sat and finally gave up in the night telling the people he came to work for that the signal is not available in that particular location. Simply because he did not observe the line of sight before and while tracking.

So my brother, just observe the line of sight and you will notice what is obstructing the signal from hitting your dish.

Also, sometimes your mounting Pole alignment can still contribute to it, when it is not well plumped .

Further more if you like two to three dish already installed.

Take for example

Dish one is joy TV

Dish two is nigcomsat

And you are trying to install your church station in dish three.

You can try testing if the signal will pop up in the joy TV or nigcomsat dish position. Sometimes it works.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 4:40pm On Oct 04, 2020
lexxybb:
[color=#006600][/color]

Thank you, pointing my dish to West may be a bit difficult because of my location. I was able to track multiTv (joytv) and Nigcomsat today. I appreciate you. Meanwhile, which sat do you recommend for my third dish. Thanks once again

You can try this
Intelsat 28 at 33.0°E (11015 V 30000)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2020
nora2018:
bosses please what will be the right lnb skew

Between 3.0 clock to 4.0 clock depending on dish alignment ..

Try using these frequencies instead

12522 v 27500
12602 v 30000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 6:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Northern Nigeria, especially North East is good for fringe reception, with good LNB and motorised BUD. The SS lies too low and can't catch some of the MENA beams not to talk of Pacific beams
Tell me sir how u want to bring down 166e satellite in Nigeria. It is beyond our horizon unless u are a magician.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Orubebe01: 7:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
Digitman:

Eg:
Movies Africana
Kidszone cartoons
Fox sports news
&flix action
Movies now action
Mbc Action
Mbc 2
Cine film
Zeemundo
Romedy now
Beatplus music
TVC
Rave TV
Tara HD
Rwanda Tv
Aljezera news
France 24 news
Dw TV
Preach TV
which decoder is best and can support multiple lnb
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Orubebe01: 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2020
Any installer around Agege? Reach me on WhatsApp 070..35.1884.71
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2020
Orubebe01:

which decoder is best and can support multiple lnb

The issue of best decoder to use comes down to personal choice and budget. But then, I normally use H.265 decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nora2018(m): 8:53pm On Oct 04, 2020
Digitman:

Between 3.0 clock to 4.0 clock depending on dish alignment ..

Try using these frequencies instead

12522 v 27500
12602 v 30000
thank u so much
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nora2018(m): 8:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
Digitman:

I believe I already stated that fact in my earlier post.

Tracking 68.5 degree east when there is no obstruction in front of your dish, is like, (tree near tree make monkey dey behave like say him nor dey like waka for ground)
But once there is an obstruction in front of your dish ( then the trees are very far apart. Then you go see the way monkey go use idea dey stroll for ground to avoid story for the gods)

Don't mind me with that joke oh.. It reminded me of how an installer spend a whole day trying to nail that sat and finally gave up in the night telling the people he came to work for that the signal is not available in that particular location. Simply because he did not observe the line of sight before and while tracking.

So my brother, just observe the line of sight and you will notice what is obstructing the signal from hitting your dish.

Also, sometimes your mounting Pole alignment can still contribute to it, when it is not well plumped .

Further more if you like two to three dish already installed.

Take for example

Dish one is joy TV

Dish two is nigcomsat

And you are trying to install your church station in dish three.

You can try testing if the signal will pop up in the joy TV or nigcomsat dish position. Sometimes it works.
you are so good boss more grace to your elbows
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Orubebe01: 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2020
Digitman:

The issue of best decoder to use comes down to personal choice and budget. But then, I normally use H.265 decoder.
does it support multiple lnb and like how much can I get it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SuppoOmoo: 9:59pm On Oct 04, 2020
SuppoOmoo:
A beautiful Friday morning to everyone...

I just got a Syinix Android TV with inbuilt sattelite recently. Please i don't want to buy any PAY TV again as I was told that with inbuilt sattelite, I could access them free.

I am NOT a lover of sport channels, I just want the usual news and entertainment channels.

I require the assistance of installer who could help on this. I can afford small change if required.

A little update...

Kudos to @lamtam0 who came to my house and helped track nigcomsat 42.5e on my DStv 90mm dish and a single LNB.

When scanned on my in-built satellite TV, I was able to get 56 channels which include TRT world, TVC News, MBC 2, MCB 3, MCB Max and others ...a few of the stations are scrambled though.
With those I mentioned, I now have access to news update as well as foreign movies.

Now, I want to ask if it is possible to track another Sat which could provide channels that shows African/Naija movies especially Yoruba movies. My households are fans of Yoruba movies. Pls I require ways to go, if there is any.

Thanks to lamtam0 once again.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam0: 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2020
SuppoOmoo:

A little update...

Kudos to @lamtam0 who came to my house and helped track nigcomsat 42.5e on my DStv 90mm dish and a single LNB.

When scanned on my in-built satellite TV, I was able to get 56 channels which include TRT world, TVC News, MBC 2, MCB 3, MCB Max and others ...a few of the stations are scrambled though.
With those I mentioned, I now have access to news update as well as foreign movies.

Now, I want to ask if it is possible to track another Sat which could provide channels that shows African/Naija movies especially Yoruba movies. My households are fans of Yoruba movies. Pls I require ways to go, if there is any.

Thanks to lamtam0 once again.
av told u, u will nid another dish that we face west to achieve Yoruba channel
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SuppoOmoo: 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2020
lamtam0:

av told u, u will nid another dish that we face west to achieve Yoruba channel

Thanks for your efforts bro. But mounting multiple dishes in a rented apartment is NOT a good idea for me. That's the reason i am kind of requesting for other ways, if any, on this thread.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam0: 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2020
SuppoOmoo:

Thanks for your efforts bro. But mounting multiple dishes in a rented apartment is NOT a good idea for me. That's the reason i am kind of requesting for other ways, if any, on this thread.
no other way because they are not face same position unless u will get 1m dish instead of 90cm u used and use it for 7e, 3w, 28e, 16e, 32e but u will loose 42e u are watching right now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 4:57am On Oct 05, 2020
Digitman:

Eg:
Movies Africana
Kidszone cartoons
Fox sports news
&flix action
Movies now action
Mbc Action
Mbc 2
Cine film
Zeemundo
Romedy now
Beatplus music
TVC
Rave TV
Tara HD
Rwanda Tv
Aljezera news
France 24 news
Dw TV
Preach TV

Bro don't always recommend those channels at 3°W as FTA especially to newbies, might be encrypted anyday
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 5:02am On Oct 05, 2020
sunene1:
Tell me sir how u want to bring down 166e satellite in Nigeria. It is beyond our horizon unless u are a magician.

I was wondering this too,even in the core North, 166°E is way too below the horizon.

Anything below 90°E in Nigeria will almost be impossible but I'm open-minded and will always learn,what could be impossible for me could be easy for another.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 6:28am On Oct 05, 2020
ben1daEbiri:

I was wondering this too,even in the core North, 166°E is way too below the horizon.

Anything below 90°E in Nigeria will almost be impossible but I'm open-minded and will always learn,what could be impossible for me could be easy for another.

My bro there is nothing open-minded about this one ooooooo,it will end as a wild goose chase i.e all efforts will end in futility.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:01am On Oct 05, 2020
ben1daEbiri:

Bro don't always recommend those channels at 3°W as FTA especially to newbies, might be encrypted anyday

Bro I understand where you're coming from.

However Isn't one of the essence of this thread, is to dish out location of FTA channels SO WE CAN ENJOY IT WHILE IT LAST? ( OGA GEORGE D, I LIE? ).

Besides, is not like I am collecting any money from anyone to release the info, or come to fix such channels in the person's house. ( that would've been the clause In my effort to help).

Furthermore, the road to receiving / watching premium/ quality channels on FTA comes with a cost or sacrifice at some point in time. Which leads to one having multiple dishes, several decoders and even devices to either enjoy or manipulate to enjoy premium channels while it lasted.

Just like many many Years back when mbc channels was only receivable with big dishes. I got that info here, spent around 60k or so to buy. As if that was not enough. I heard of OSN stations, which made me spend another 20k to buy microbox in order to view it.

But at the end of the day, did microbox not stop working? Azsky, Aplus, Gsky, Qsat and some others I cannot even remember followed. Still it all came to an end at some point. But some enjoyed it for years, some enjoyed it for months, some enjoyed it for weeks and some just for days or even a day. All in the spirit of enjoying premium channels as FTA while it lasted.

All the same thanks for Your advice. I will bear that in mind before attempting to answer questions here next time. ONE LOVE

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:09am On Oct 05, 2020
Orubebe01:

does it support multiple lnb and like how much can I get it

Almost all FTA decoder supports multiple LNB once it has a diseqc switch support.

Then when is comes to prices of decoder, I don't normally contribute because I am not a marketer. However you can get H.265 enabled decoder ranging from 10 - 22k or even more depending on the brand.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nora2018(m): 7:53am On Oct 05, 2020
Digitman:

Almost all FTA decoder supports multiple LNB once it has a diseqc switch support.

Then when is comes to prices of decoder, I don't normally contribute because I am not a marketer. However you can get H.265 enabled decoder ranging from 10 - 22k or even more depending on the brand.
strong SRT 497s is 21500 and it's H.265 complaint and strong Mytv approved decoder,small but mighty.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:16am On Oct 05, 2020
Digitman:

Bro I understand where you're coming from.

However Isn't one of the essence of this thread, is to dish out location of FTA channels SO WE CAN ENJOY IT WHILE IT LAST? ( OGA GEORGE D, I LIE? ).

Besides, is not like I am collecting any money from anyone to release the info, or come to fix such channels in the person's house. ( that would've been the clause In my effort to help).

Furthermore, the road to receiving / watching premium/ quality channels on FTA comes with a cost or sacrifice at some point in time. Which leads to one having multiple dishes, several decoders and even devices to either enjoy or manipulate to enjoy premium channels while it lasted.

Just like many many Years back when mbc channels was only receivable with big dishes. I got that info here, spent around 60k or so to buy. As if that was not enough. I heard of OSN stations, which made me spend another 20k to buy microbox in order to view it.

But at the end of the day, did microbox not stop working? Azsky, Aplus, Gsky, Qsat and some others I cannot even remember followed. Still it all came to an end at some point. But some enjoyed it for years, some enjoyed it for months, some enjoyed it for weeks and some just for days or even a day. All in the spirit of enjoying premium channels as FTA while it lasted.

All the same thanks for Your advice. I will bear that in mind before attempting to answer questions here next time. ONE LOVE
Is your Mbc action showing of Nicomsat?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:17am On Oct 05, 2020
SuppoOmoo:

Just get a mytv decoder.I have mytv and Nicomsat on one dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by emmaniche: 8:23am On Oct 05, 2020
Orubebe01:
Any installer around Agege?
yes, hit us on 08165471453
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:47am On Oct 05, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Is your Mbc action showing of Nicomsat?

No... However is still active in other satellite position

7.0 west
3.0 west
51.1 east
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:49am On Oct 05, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Just get a mytv decoder.I have mytv and Nicomsat on one dish.

Good suggestion.. However, I think he is only interested in using the satellite tuner embedded in his TV to achieve his goal. I may be wrong.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: EduTechTainMent and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85