Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5426830 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2206) (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) ... (2350) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SegaWarrior: 7:44pm On Feb 25, 2021
Jaddun:
Please is this decoder good?
yes
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2021
jiday4:

Have rescan but nothing coming up on my Ourtv decoder

Please rescan now.... You know they are on test transmission so signal can be on and off at some point.

But right now as I type, the signal is back, so scan now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2021
jiday4:

Have rescan but nothing coming up on my Ourtv decoder

Test transmission things can be on and off at some point in time. But it's active for now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SegaWarrior: 7:57pm On Feb 25, 2021
Digitman:

Test transmission things can be on and off at some point in time. But it's active for now
what about 45°E
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 8:02pm On Feb 25, 2021
SegaWarrior:
45°E is off? can someone confirm
Currently off
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 8:03pm On Feb 25, 2021
Jaddun:
Please is this decoder good?
Why not buy original strong
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by psucc(m): 9:11pm On Feb 25, 2021
dlollyboi:

Why not buy original strong
Pls which model will pass for original seeing that they are so many Strong variants in the market.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jaddun: 2:59am On Feb 26, 2021
Where can one get original srt 4922, n price pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 6:35am On Feb 26, 2021
Jaddun:
From alaba, arena or trusted online dealers, from 20k above
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:09am On Feb 26, 2021
Jaddun:

First of all, strong has discontinued the production of 4922 years back. So it is safe to say it's an outdated decoder and may likely not be easily available for purchase brand new in a close by shop However, 4950. Though not relatively close to their newest model but may still be available for purchase for someone on a low budget.

But if you are much interested on strong product that is up to date, in terms of hardware and software upgrade. Then you should explore on

(1) Strong 4954 (low budget 10-12k) depending on who is selling and a little more advanced than 4922, because it's capable of multistream, through software upgrade. You have the ability to watch AFN with it, if you have a big cband dish . Concur to the internet through 3/4g modem, unlike 4922 that needs a router to achieve that. But it's video decoding stops at H264. Meaning that you will feel left out when certain new stations comes out on FTA. That are transmitting on H265.

(2) strong 497 ( high budget and strong flagship decoder, price may range from 19-21k depending on location and place of purchase) this is H265 enable so you don't have to be left out when certain channels are transmitting on FTA. It also comes with an added bonus of using it to watch all the mytv channels for free for one year, because it's an official mytv decoder. It's also multistream .

The above are the latest/current , low and high budget strong decoder that you can easily buy from the market. If it fits into the purpose of you wanting to buy a decoder.

I believe a lot of people can still add more to these explanations

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jiday4(m): 7:11am On Feb 26, 2021
Digitman:

Thanks boss , some of the channels are showing now , especially MBC Max,TVC news
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:13am On Feb 26, 2021
jiday4:

Thanks boss , some of the channels are showing now , especially MBC Max,TVC news

We go just seat down they observe them, occasionally they rescan, just in case. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:23am On Feb 26, 2021
psucc:
Pls which model will pass for original seeing that they are so many Strong variants in the market.

Just for educational purposes, since strong started production, their decoder model number can end with an alphabetical order. They never end it with a full word.

For example it can only be

SRT 4922 or SRT 4922a

But if you see it end with 4922 Max or strongest 4922. Then it's Most likely not produced by strong.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jaddun: 8:00am On Feb 26, 2021
Digitman:

First of all, strong has discontinued the production of 4922 years back. So it is safe to say it's an outdated decoder and may likely not be easily available for purchase brand new in a close by shop However, 4950. Though not relatively close to their newest model but may still be available for purchase for someone on a low budget.

But if you are much interested on strong product that is up to date, in terms of hardware and software upgrade. Then you should explore on

(1) Strong 4954 (low budget 10-12k) depending on who is selling and a little more advanced than 4922, because it's capable of multistream, through software upgrade. You have the ability to watch AFN with it, if you have a big cband dish . Concur to the internet through 3/4g modem, unlike 4922 that needs a router to achieve that. But it's video decoding stops at H264. Meaning that you will feel left out when certain new stations comes out on FTA. That are transmitting on H265.

(2) strong 497 ( high budget and strong flagship decoder, price may range from 19-21k depending on location and place of purchase) this is H265 enable so you don't have to be left out when certain channels are transmitting on FTA. It also comes with an added bonus of using it to watch all the mytv channels for free for one year, because it's an official mytv decoder. It's also multistream .

The above are the latest/current , low and high budget strong decoder that you can easily buy from the market. If it fits into the purpose of you wanting to buy a decoder.

thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jaddun: 8:04am On Feb 26, 2021
Digitman:

but is the 4954 good for tracking (sensitive turner)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 8:19am On Feb 26, 2021
sekzy99:
Hello boss, kindly direct me on how to go about this FTA. I will like to install one at home (interested in sports and movies) but don't know anything about it yet.
Thanks

The only way to know anything about it, That will make you find it easily to cross any difficulty you experience along the journey, is to read like the first ten pages of this thread.. Then you fast forward to the last 30 pages of this thread to get the current Happenings in the FTA. Community.

That's if you really want to do it yourself ( it requires study study study and practice) if not get the service of a well experienced installer and state your desires. Then both of you can work something out that suits your needs and budget.

But let me not leave you empty. So here are some of the basic things to achieve your purpose.

*(5/4/3 meter dish, high budget)

* or 90cm dish (low budget) ( it can be more than one depending )

*FTA decoder. ( with or without iks account, depending on the sat position you are tracking)

*Tracker, if you really want to be in control for a long time to come

Cable wire (black type, one roll if possible)

F- connector.

The above listed are some of the terminology you are likely to hear or come across once you dive into the FTA world.

Remember, like I said before, if your are a Diy person, then you really need to devote time to read and read and practice to perfect yourself.

But if not a Diy person.. Then simply get yourself an installer who has undergo all that stress to acquire the knowledge over the years.

Good luck on whichever choice you make

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 8:48am On Feb 26, 2021
Jaddun:
but is the 4954 good for tracking (sensitive turner)

My brother nor vex, I can't be accurate in that regard because it's been ten years or more I ever saw myself using a decoder and TV to track a satellite.

However I won't leave your question empty.. So the signal bar is like that of 4669 of that year, which was really good in tracking back in the days. Couple with the fact that the decoder was produced by strong. That has an excellent record in quality when it comes to user friendly features.... Then I am tempted to say oh yeah!! To your question

Below is an attached image of what the Dish installation/tracking page signal bars looks like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2021
I was able to do a loop out of the signal of the decoder in my parlor to the decoder in my bedroom.

One thing I noticed is that even if one switch off or remove the power cord from the socket; the inner decoder still functions well as if it has direct link to the dish.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oloet: 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2021
adubam:
I was able to do a loop out of the signal of the decoder in my parlor to the decoder in my bedroom.

One thing I noticed is that even if one switch off or remove the power cord from the socket; the inner decoder still functions well as if it has direct link to the dish.
nice, this doesn't happen on qsat decoders
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 5:25pm On Feb 26, 2021
oloet:

nice, this doesn't happen on qsat decoders

Parlor decoder is Csat 8 pro+ because it has LNBF OUT port

Inner decoder is Strong 4950H it does not have LNBF OUT port.

So LNBF OUT from Csat 8 pro+ connected to LNBF IN of 4950H

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:08pm On Feb 26, 2021
jiday4:

I guess you are a lover of foreign movies. So do add TV universe to your movie list if you haven't done that yet. Enough foreign movie dey waste for there for some time now.

Located at joy tv position 28.2 degree east

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sekzy99(m): 9:12pm On Feb 26, 2021
Thanks for the response. I will go with the option of getting someone to help with what I need while I learn as they set it up.

Seen few folks but they are giving different options for me to pick from.

I need someone to help with the accessories (how many dish and which one is good for my location, which decoder is OK to get too as it seems those two are the major components) to get which I will buy and get an installer to help install.

I need views for local n foreign movies and few sports channels or local channels.

Was told I need 3 dishes by a vendor, another said 2. I just need clarification on the items to buy considering I stay around Lagos Ibadan express road. Thanks boss

Digitman:

The only way to know anything about it, That will make you find it easily to cross any difficulty you experience along the journey, is to read like the first ten pages of this thread.. Then you fast forward to the last 30 pages of this thread to get the current Happenings in the FTA. Community.

That's if you really want to do it yourself ( it requires study study study and practice) if not get the service of a well experienced installer and state your desires. Then both of you can work something out that suits your needs and budget.

But let me not leave you empty. So here are some of the basic things to achieve your purpose.

*(5/4/3 meter dish, high budget)

* or 90cm dish (low budget) ( it can be more than one depending )

*FTA decoder. ( with or without iks account, depending on the sat position you are tracking)

*Tracker, if you really want to be in control for a long time to come

Cable wire (black type, one roll if possible)

F- connector.

The above listed are some of the terminology you are likely to hear or come across once you dive into the FTA world.

Remember, like I said before, if your are a Diy person, then you really need to devote time to read and read and practice to perfect yourself.

But if not a Diy person.. Then simply get yourself an installer who has undergo all that stress to acquire the knowledge over the years.

Good luck on whichever choice you make
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nonut: 11:07pm On Feb 26, 2021
sekzy99:
Thanks for the response. I will go with the option of getting someone to help with what I need while I learn as they set it up.

Seen few folks but they are giving different options for me to pick from.

I need someone to help with the accessories (how many dish and which one is good for my location, which decoder is OK to get too as it seems those two are the major components) to get which I will buy and get an installer to help install.

I need views for local n foreign movies and few sports channels or local channels.

Was told I need 3 dishes by a vendor, another said 2. I just need clarification on the items to buy considering I stay around Lagos Ibadan express road. Thanks boss

If you live in your own house or a house without the landlord living in it, you can buy a 1.8m dish.
You can join cband and Ku band together in one dish, to get more interesting channels.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 11:35pm On Feb 26, 2021
nonut:

If you live in your own house or a house without the landlord living in it, you can buy a 1.8m dish.
You can join cband and Ku band together in one dish, to get more interesting channels.

I am curious, what interesting stations will the 1.8 give or better still which satellite position will the 1.8 be facing to get the interesting stations ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jiday4(m): 12:17am On Feb 27, 2021
Digitman:

I guess you are a lover of foreign movies. So do add TV universe to your movie list if you haven't done that yet. Enough foreign movie dey waste for there for some time now.

Located at joy tv position 28.2 degree east

Yes boss, wow I will sure do that today Saturday.
Thank you for always coming through
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Hotnholy: 4:54am On Feb 27, 2021
About to track 45degree. please someone should confirm if the sat is active. thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sekzy99(m): 6:32am On Feb 27, 2021
nonut:

Hmmm, I stay with my landlady. What other options do I have?
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 7:12am On Feb 27, 2021
Good day house s I need help am unable to track Tara tv pls kindly explain how to get it and it's to thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nonut: 7:31am On Feb 27, 2021
Digitman:

I am curious, what interesting stations will the 1.8 give or better still which satellite position will the 1.8 be facing to get the interesting stations ?
Your sarcasm and arrogance is noted.
Is there anything else?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nonut: 7:32am On Feb 27, 2021
sekzy99:

Thanks
Stick to 90cm dish then.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:04am On Feb 27, 2021
nonut:

Your sarcasm and arrogance is noted.
Is there anything else?
He is saying the truth 1.8m dish is a waste of space, if you want to enjoy fta go for BUD from 3m dish upward.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 8:05am On Feb 27, 2021
sekzy99:

Thanks

My brother I am going to summarize everything that has been pointed out about FTA in the 2207 pages you missed before you came here to ask about it.

Here are the key points

* If you're a die hard sports fan, get yourself a multichoice decoder (dstv) because fta will either not give you the ability to Watch all the matches or end up disappointing you. Because the station you where hoping to watch it from suddenly goes off, did not show it, scrambled or completely disappeared.

*so see FTA as a second option which would not have been a first option for die hard sports fans. If money for sub was never an issue and as such must learn to deal with the disappointment or dissatisfaction that will always come with it.

*But can always find happiness with it, just knowing that it's a free gift and should be appreciated for what it really is.

*However if they cannot come to terms with that... then, the person should be ready to keep investing on whatever the FTA market throws at you to quench the taste and hunger to watch that premium content for free. Which again can still break some people's hearts, that have not really accepted FTA for what it really is.

Further more, it will lead to you having multiple dishes just to face all kind of directions. So as to have multiple options to be able to view what you want at one particular point in time or to keep you not totally bored whenever you put on your TV.

* Then, you might find yourself having two, three or even five decoders in your house. Just because each has the ability to do what the other cannot do and you accumulate it as time goes by.

* At the end you start thinking of how to create a balance with all the options that exist in the past and the new ones that keep popping up much later.

To be continued....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2206) (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) ... (2350) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.