Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5426912 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) ... (2350) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 11:17pm On Feb 27, 2021
sekzy99:
Thanks boss. I really appreciate. Will go for 2 dishes. Is 90cm OK for both dish?

Yes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 11:20pm On Feb 27, 2021
SegaWarrior:
Thanks man, I was able to update my software on 4950H using ur guide. God bless

That's just the main reason for this thread. God bless you too my brother. One love

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ajaymina(m): 11:38pm On Feb 27, 2021
Digitman:

My brother me and you dey the same boat. At least e go make the account in my Hello box8, I just bought not too long ago dey useful. After that one I go just retire for this FTA Matter.

According to Timaya " I can kill myself oh" Lol

But come to think of it, that possibility of being able to watch FTA channels on your computer or phone, data free and without disturbing anybody for middle of the night, or just to relax for backyard. That comes with hello box 8 sweet like crazy.

A feature I have always dreamt of way back. Is really a must have for people like us. I no longer watch programs direct from TV again. With my earpiece plug in.... I find myself in my own zone with no distraction whatsoever or that time you have friends come over and you guys just feel like chilling outside, within the compound and the laptop go just dey stream the channels. See efizy , haha.

Hello box8!, never heard of it but sounds like an interesting device.

So, pls I will like to know which of these mentioned below would you advise a newbie to FTA get,

Strong S497s.

C-sat c8 pro.

Hello box8.

Tnks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sekzy99(m): 10:01am On Feb 28, 2021
Digitman:

Yes
thanks. Will update you of the progress
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 10:37am On Feb 28, 2021
ajaymina:

Hello box8!, never heard of it but sounds like an interesting device.

So, pls I will like to know which of these mentioned below would you advise a newbie to FTA get,

Strong S497s.

C-sat c8 pro.

Hello box8.

Tnks.
It all depends on your pocket
Csat c8 pro is the cheapest, has a very good tuner but very susceptible to surge and sparks so it must be carefully maintained. Comes with tshare account that opens European birds. Less than 10k.

Strong 497s has a very good tuner and comes with free 1yr mytv cccam. It's rugged but does not support decryption protocol like biss, powervu etc. About 20k+

Hellobox 8 comes with dvbfinder to watch sat on your mobile. Great signal tuner and smooth UI. Comes with SCAM+ account that opens zap and some European birds. About 20k+

You could also go for the tiger and mediastar series that has the acclaimed forever server which opens European bird and some stations on startimes 16E. Also connects with the GM screen app to control your box and track. Between 10k-20k

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ajaymina(m): 11:57am On Feb 28, 2021
dlollyboi:

Csat c8 pro is the cheapest, has a very good tuner but very susceptible to surge and sparks so it must be carefully maintained. Comes with tshare account that opens European birds. Less than 10k.

Strong 497s has a very good tuner and comes with free 1yr mytv cccam. It's rugged but does not support decryption protocol like biss, powervu etc. About 20k+

Hellobox 8 comes with dvbfinder to watch sat on your mobile. Great signal tuner and smooth UI. Comes with SCAM+ account that opens zap and some European birds. About 20k+

You could also go for the tiger and mediastar series that has the acclaimed forever server which opens European bird and some stations on startimes 16E. Also connects with the GM screen app to control your box and track. Between 10k-20k

Glorious thanks to you bro...

The infos are super comprehensive.

I am bookmarking this particular page for reference purpose.

Pro max appreciations Sir.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
dlollyboi:

The efizy too much my brother, I also experienced it when I ported an hellobox firmware on my csat c8 pro+ and it's really cool

Hello. Can you elaborate on how you did that and the pros and cons. Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by MrSuama(m): 1:55pm On Feb 28, 2021
adubam:

Me ma confuse oooo.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 4:08pm On Feb 28, 2021
dlollyboi:

Nice one, you've said it all. Now let's share the grace, because nothing to preach again for the topic.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2021
adubam:

Very interesting question that is worth deliberating on. Which in turn will give c-sat pro users an added feature, should they choose to go that route.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 5:02pm On Feb 28, 2021
adubam:

I will find a cloud service to upload the software as I can't here cuz of the file limit to upload and paste the link. An rs232 cable and a computer is needed to flash it, the procedure to flash it will be included in the file.

The software does not support h.265 protocol but it multistreams

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 6:48pm On Feb 28, 2021
dlollyboi:

I will find a cloud service to upload the software as I can't here cuz of the file limit to upload and paste the link. An rs232 cable and a computer is needed to flash it, the procedure to flash it will be included in the file.

Thank you. That means no h.265 that'll be a great minus.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 7:30pm On Feb 28, 2021
adubam:

C-sat C8 Pro Plus is a sunplus receiver that can accept another sunplus receiver software if forced flashed provided it has the same mainboard chasis ID and it must be original csat.

Come oh, I thought you were bad mouthing C-sat C8 Pro +.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SegaWarrior: 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2021
Digitman:

That's just the main reason for this thread. God bless you too my brother. One love
pls is 45°E back?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 8:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
adubam:

Thank you. That means no h.265 that'll be a great minus.
Yh that's the downside but they could upgrade it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 8:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
SegaWarrior:
pls is 45°E back?
It's on
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
Dlee1:

C-sat C8 Pro Plus is a sunplus receiver that can accept another sunplus receiver software if forced flashed provided it has the same mainboard chasis ID and it must be original csat.

It's a montage not a sunplus
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 8:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
dlollyboi:

https://mega.nz/file/qt5XmYbA#RdrBZQBKm6PNg1bmItrMK3CVSC7oCTkX3edwp3EnuSg
That's the link
Password: dlollyboi
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 8:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
Dlee1:

Experience is the best teacher. I only advised that anyone that doesn't want the explosion that happened to mine to happen to his should run away from it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
nonut:

You are a very insecured dimwit. Just because you felt Digitman was going to expose your ignorance you took to insult. Look if you don't know you don't know, stop being envious and wanting to be like someone when you can never. Answering questions here is not to gain fame or popularity but to serve people. That's what Digitman is doing and you can never be like him.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2021
dlollyboi:
dlollyboi:
Yeah, Montage based
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 9:11pm On Feb 28, 2021
adubam:

Experience is the best teacher. I only advised that anyone that doesn't want the explosion that happened to mine to happen to his should run away from it
We are good bro.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olutozn54(m): 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
Am I the only one experiencing this, by 9pm or thereaboutst my idman and cbc will just go off air and be back the following morning. Pls any enlightenment.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 10:55pm On Feb 28, 2021
Olutozn54:
Am I the only one experiencing this, by 9pm or thereaboutst my idman and cbc will just go off air and be back the following morning. Pls any enlightenment.
You need to increase your signal
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by showietee: 11:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
Digitman:

My brother nor mind me oh, na FTA madness just catch me like 10 years back when Google direct me come this place.

I first rush go buy strong 4663 and two 60 CM dish... I rush come back to this place, I hear of c-band, I run go buy 1.8m dish.. I rush come back again, I hear of mbc, osn and micro box... Quickly I connect someone here based in Lagos. I buy 2.4 metre. The dish nor catch osn and bein sport well, na so, I rush go onitsha market for east go buy 3metre dish. That one come finally catch am.

After a while I just dismantle everything, go buy dstv keep for house.

Funny enough, it was when I start being active again in this forum ten years after, that I decided to go parking store, bring them out. So as to dey updated, just to fit they answer questions that pops up, from the newbies or ideas or new info on sat position.

The same reason I was curious about the young man info, but he still chooses to be a funny guy. Which is nice though.

Anyway to answer your question, I just counted three 90cm dish, one 2.4metre, one 3metre , then 1m and 1.8 dey for parking store. This FTA can really make one look crazy. Sometimes my wife will just be asking me one question all the time. " so this dstv in this house is not enough for you to watch? " why do you keep turning dish up and down and still you end up not really watching anything ? Then I will reply, it's an old habit that refuse to die na. Lol..

Forgive my long long talk. I just wan make we gist small

Fta is contagiously .... I have similar experience with you but I do not have more than two dish.... my wife still complained this night, I don’t like how you usually go to those dish....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by showietee: 11:10pm On Feb 28, 2021
Digitman:

My brother me and you dey the same boat. At least e go make the account in my Hello box8, I just bought not too long ago dey useful. After that one I go just retire for this FTA Matter.

According to Timaya " I can kill myself oh" Lol

But come to think of it, that possibility of being able to watch FTA channels on your computer or phone, data free and without disturbing anybody for middle of the night, or just to relax for backyard. That comes with hello box 8 sweet like crazy.

A feature I have always dreamt of way back. Is really a must have for people like us. I no longer watch programs direct from TV again. With my earpiece plug in.... I find myself in my own zone with no distraction whatsoever or that time you have friends come over and you guys just feel like chilling outside, within the compound and the laptop go just dey stream the channels. See efizy , haha.

Is it possible to retire?

For the love of it, you will be tempted to touch
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by showietee: 11:15pm On Feb 28, 2021
dlollyboi:

The gmscreen app, do you know of any iOS substitute for it?

Was flexing the features on my mediastar with Android phone until I switch to iOS, I haven’t been able to enjoy the feature since then....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by showietee: 11:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
adubam:

��
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by showietee: 11:22pm On Feb 28, 2021
adubam:

Smiles
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ludakristos: 11:43pm On Feb 28, 2021
dlollyboi:

https://mega.nz/file/qt5XmYbA#RdrBZQBKm6PNg1bmItrMK3CVSC7oCTkX3edwp3EnuSg
That's the link
Password: dlollyboi

Bros do you have any idea about Strongest 900hd decoder. can this same procedure work for it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 12:27am On Mar 01, 2021
ludakristos:

Bros do you have any idea about Strongest 900hd decoder. can this same procedure work for it?
You need to know the chip it uses before flashing anything on it. Some STBs flash IC gets faulty(mostly fake) if you attempt to reprogram the flash IC.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 12:30am On Mar 01, 2021
showietee:

The gmscreen app, do you know of any iOS substitute for it?

Was flexing the features on my mediastar with Android phone until I switch to iOS, I haven’t been able to enjoy the feature since then....

I don't know of any but these days one really needs an android to complement iOS

(1) (2) (3) ... (2208) (2209) (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) ... (2350) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52