Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,313 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5426938 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2350) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 5:35pm On Jul 17, 2011
sunny78:

am usei this hawk digital satellite receiver Ha-70fta for the past 3week now is not comin pls house help your brother out
u know wot i mean wan i say this pls help me out

Hi bro!
do your hawk digital satellite receiver Ha-70fta have usb slot ?cos i have not seen it yet
if it support usb please those Ur favorite channels u watch find some one who use srt 4669xll or above
with channel smart card record some seconds of the video then check the csa streamers that comes from
the satellite if u got it right than check if it is hsffz type then we can find the right software for it thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:17pm On Jul 17, 2011
@all,
As promised, here is the last tranche of my badr signal quality upload. For newbies and
all real FTA enthusiats, don't use 11727H (the first tp on your strong decoder for badr).
Its very unreliable and you may end up sweating for nothing under the sun!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2011
More:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:24pm On Jul 17, 2011
Pls take note of tp 12303H (Canal +). Its one of the best tps for tracking badr.

You can't go wrong with it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Wellydra(m): 9:27pm On Jul 17, 2011
hie everybody.mk music channel on intelsat 7/10 showing but no audio coming out.frequency 11050 v27500
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:28pm On Jul 17, 2011
Final scan: up to 290 channels efizzy! FTA at its best!  smiley

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Wellydra(m): 9:29pm On Jul 17, 2011
sorry 11050v 30000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunny78(m): 10:48pm On Jul 17, 2011
no usb on it.i try to look for the software no all the muber pls help me with the software
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Vigilante: 3:18am On Jul 18, 2011
@ Welldra - the tp is red
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Wellydra(m): 4:52am On Jul 18, 2011
@vigilante try 2 change your polarization its a working transponder.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by atoje(m): 7:02am On Jul 18, 2011
atoje:

some 1 shld help me on dis. there is this HD TV brought frm USA. if they use it with dstv it only shows in white and black. from my research on the tv i discovered that it is only meant for NTSC.

1. did anybody knows a converter that can convert NTSC to PAL.

2. do u think 4663 or 4669 decoder will do the job since it av the setting in the AV to change from NTSC to PAL.

3. or will strong HD decoder solve the problem.

thanks
some1 shld pls help me out on this. now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgint: 7:33am On Jul 18, 2011
atoje:

some1 shld pls help me out on this. now

If the transmitted picture is PAL there is no converter to change it to colour in NTSC format.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgint: 7:36am On Jul 18, 2011
This is the signal finder i want to purchase. In fact it is a mini receiver not a true dedicated signal finder. Spec says it can last 4hr+ on a single full charge.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Niyi6(m): 9:18am On Jul 18, 2011
Gd day Goerge and hw is work. Pls what is the minimum dish size and the best tp to track the badr . Waiting for your prompt response. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Twinsoris(m): 9:29am On Jul 18, 2011
Oga george more grease to your elbow , please my location is abidjan in ivory coast i have badr 6 not badr 4 with single input fuji lnb but i have signal up to 56 percent on 11727 but as for MBC channels i haven't can pls , my dish size is eurostar 2.4 pan dish .What type of is suitable to received those MBC channels , because i started the installation around 9 o ' clock in the morning yesterday but in the even around 8 o' clock the signal were a bit weak.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayron(m): 10:31am On Jul 18, 2011
Am sorry, my system could not load the pictures

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugasat(m): 10:38am On Jul 18, 2011
@ Pidzo
Have you tried out the new software 116p dated 20110713 for SRT 4930 ? Have they fixed the 115p bugs as reported by Illish ? What exactly is "USB Testing Layout & Lyngsat Update Menu" that is found in the new software ? Will appreciate your help on the above. Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayron(m): 10:46am On Jul 18, 2011
@ ALL.

The above digital sat finder is a good finder which i want u all to have. It makes ur installation stress free n waste no time at all.

HOW TO BUY ONE

You can buy urs on ebay.com,
It is advisable for u to buy tru a friend whom reside in America, buy when u want to pay on ebay there is space for Nigeria in the list provided.

I got mine tru a friend

I paid
Inicial cost                              N30,000
Shipping within America         N  6,350
Sending it to Nigeria              N  9,380
                                          =======
                                           N45,730
                                          =======

More cheaper than HORIZON, which is sold for N75,000 - N80,000

Try it u will never regret u have one.

N.B

Am not saying u buy from me, please get it tru a friend in U.S.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:59am On Jul 18, 2011
atoje:

some 1 shld help me on dis. there is this HD TV brought frm USA. if they use it with dstv it only shows in white and black. from my research on the tv i discovered that it is only meant for NTSC.

2. do u think 4663 or 4669 decoder will do the job since it av the setting in the AV to change from NTSC to PAL.

thanks
(1) you should be converting pal to NTSC but not ntsc to pal, since your tv system is ntsc, below is a typical example of tv video converter it cost 23.95 pounds on amazon.co.uk, if you think ntsc system is the troubleshooting on your tv,may be you should go into the market and look for a video system convertor.  even converters are used on playstation/vcr etc.        
(2)any satellite  receiver that has pal/ntsc modulator , can work on any tv that comes with pal or ntsc system, you need to switch to appropriate system that match your tv either pal or ntsc and most strong receivers has ntsc /pal  modulator if 4663 or 4669 has NTSC modulator it can work well on ntsc tv as a satellite tv.for tv system converters follow this link(www.amazon.co.uk/VIDEO-SYSTEM-CONVERTOR-BOX/dp/B000RN2292/ref=sr_1_1?i.e=UTF8&qid=1310979016&sr=8-1)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayron(m): 11:21am On Jul 18, 2011
@ ALL

All errors are typographical, my keyboards are bad.

The last picture is graphical look of the finder screen.

It looks simple and contains all u need to know about satellite u are traking on a screen.

Pls visit www.ebay.com or u google the sat finder name.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 18, 2011
The issue about satellite signal interruption by gsm-mask* is one that needs attention. Intelsat 7/10 in a particular region at my locality hits green with low signal quality due to a newly installed visafone mask*. 12.722 is @ 52 instead of 74 using 60cm dish but other sats like w3 was not affected. I tried changing dish position, polarity, and lnbf but it didn'nt work. I find out that only 12 o'clock works but 3 o'clock lnb position didn'nt work. Please, is there any solution to this. Thanks to all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 12:52pm On Jul 18, 2011
atoje:

thanks
odilibe:

(1) you should be converting pal to NTSC but not ntsc to pal, since your tv system is ntsc, below is a typical example of tv video converter  on amazon.co.uk, if you think ntsc system is the troubleshooting on your tv,may be you should go into the market and look for a video system convertor.  even converters are used on playstation/vcr etc.        
(2)any satellite  receiver that has pal/ntsc modulator , can work on any tv that comes with pal or ntsc system, you need to switch to appropriate system that match your tv either pal or ntsc and most strong receivers has ntsc /pal  modulator if 4663 or 4669 has NTSC modulator it can work well on ntsc tv as a satellite tv.for tv system converters follow this link(www.amazon.co.uk/VIDEO-SYSTEM-CONVERTOR-BOX/dp/B000RN2292/ref=sr_1_1?i.e=UTF8&qid=1310979016&sr=8-1)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2011
Twinsoris:

Oga george more grease to your elbow , please my location is abidjan in ivory coast i have badr 6 not badr 4 with single input fuji lnb but i have signal up to 56 percent on 11727 but as for MBC channels i haven't can pls , my dish size is eurostar 2.4 pan dish .What type of is suitable to received those MBC channels , because i started the installation around 9 o ' clock in the morning yesterday but in the even around 8 o' clock the signal were a bit weak.

@Twinsoris,
Try and upgrade to 3m fibre and your MBC should jump out. Also, your fuji lnb is still very much ok. All you should worry about is your dish size.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2011
Niyi6:

Gd day Goerge and hw is work. Pls what is the minimum dish size and the best tp to track the badr . Waiting for your prompt response. Thanks and God bless.

@Niyi6,
Check the screen shots above. All those tps apart from 11727H are all good tracking tps but if you must restrict yourself to only one tp, then please use 12303H.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayron(m): 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2011
@ ALL

Am still on the Digital satellite finder,
this Youtube link may be of help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPum5K4_T9E&feature=related
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayron(m): 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2011
@ ALL

This another Youtube like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8i1Z2vLxIc&NR=1

Reason for all these is to let u know, u still have better option on installation than carrying LCD/TV/VCD, DECODER around and relying on PHCN whom may hold on to power anytime.

Sharp, sharp u don finish ur installation
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2011
@Ugasat
I already answered you in the thread which you restarted. Check!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Estiimable(m): 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2011
Pls my MultiTV Channels arent showing any longer.I tried the tps available here but did nt hit green.What should i do?Any frequencies available for me to track my favourite channels on MultiTV? Pls help me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Estiimable(m): 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2011
Pls my MultiTV Channels arent showing any longer.I tried the tps available here but did nt hit green.What should i do?Any frequencies available for me to track my favourite channels on MultiTV? Pls help me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunny78(m): 2:17pm On Jul 18, 2011
am used this hawk digital satellite receiver Ha-70fta for the past 3week now is not coming pls house help your brother out
u know wot i mean wan i say this pls help me out
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunny78(m): 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2011
Estiimable

try this 12545 h 20800
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olayinkaoj(m): 4:07pm On Jul 18, 2011
Hey folks,
Hope am on the right thread!

Some one track Yahsat- 1A (52.5East) TP- 12169 H 27500.
There are about 10 Fox channels.

All the best.

@ German: Kindly give more details on the dish size for the above posted information.
I have a 2.4m fibre dish in Osogbo, I am interested in trying it pls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2350) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.