Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,801 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5421261 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (2350) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 12:00am On Oct 31, 2011
@Charley Gadator:
U got mail. But, if u don't see it, understand that my profile is as truthful as the sun that shines in the day. Use it as is.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:34am On Oct 31, 2011
@Lovala
Ho w can you be confused with what is well over you mental grasp? Those that are following the goings on know why I am worried. I don't need to get your authority to get worried though. The fact remains, I AM CONFUSED without 'inducing my confusion amongst the rest of the members of the forum.' No apologies.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 8:44am On Oct 31, 2011
[color=#770077][/color]@ALL, LETS ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THIS THREAD IS DEAD. IT SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN, SO WE CAN ALL MOVE ON TO OTHER THINGS. IT HAS BEEN CRAWLING, NOW THIS GHANANIANS HAVE WORSENED IT BY QUARELLING.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinstaiye(m): 10:16am On Oct 31, 2011
Bury the hatchet guys. Let the thread moved on smoothly or else I will also apply the ultimate penalty.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sathob(m): 10:39am On Oct 31, 2011
Sophieamore1:

[color=#770077][/color]@ALL, LETS ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THIS THREAD IS DEAD. IT SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN, SO WE CAN ALL MOVE ON TO OTHER THINGS. IT HAS BEEN CRAWLING, NOW THIS GHANANIANS HAVE WORSENED IT BY QUARELLING.

What makes you think this thread is dying, what can you do to keep it alive if you see it as dying.? Tell us we are waiting to hear, when you picked up a quarrel or attack on Gadotor, Enitan, Eltonluigi  etc. like what these GH guys have done, did that warrant for shutting down the thread?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 11:21am On Oct 31, 2011
twinstaiye:

Bury the hatchet guys. Let the thread moved on smoothly or else I will also apply the ultimate penalty.
Oga MOD,
Thank u for coming in with your faya xtingwisha. Just do your work o so that peace go dey rain for this our house.

Pidzo:

@Lovala
Ho w can you be confused with what is well over you mental grasp? Those that are following the goings on know why I am worried. I don't need to get your authority to get worried though. The fact remains, I AM CONFUSED without 'inducing my confusion amongst the rest of the members of the forum.' No apologies.
@Pidzo:
Pidzo my man, abeg no vex o. Make we just take am E Z. Sorry for butting into your affairs.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 12:00pm On Oct 31, 2011
@Moderator
Enough respect to you Sir. I hereby promise to follow and abide by the rules.
@Lovala
I have no grudges against you bro. Your vast contributions will surely help us all advance in the quest to conquer the birds above. I too expect to learn a lot from you. Respect to you and dont hesitate to tutor us all.
@All
The forum seems to be dying. Lets not waste time arguing and counter-arguing on trivial issues. Lots of new info is being discussed in other forums but not here. WE ARE HIDING LEGAL INFO. Lets make Nairaland the best and we all know its the best. All newbies read old posts before posting to avoid repetitions which make the forum boring. Respect to you ALL.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dodos(f): 12:41pm On Oct 31, 2011
Sophieamore1:

@ sophie

I think it is not your place to say if the thread should be shut down or not. Besides i dont think you need to suggest that to anybody. I believe you can help yourself by simply stop visiting the thread and not calling for it to be shut down whiles others are still visiting it.

Also please try and rephrase THIS GHANAIANS in your last post. Being a Ghanaian i think this is insulting. The phrase suggests inferiority. Besides those guys are men and if you are truly a female as your profile suggests then it is improper for you a woman to refer to MEN as such.

Finally i think once again from the last time i checked it was wrong for one to post in BLOCK LETTERS. Dont know if that rule has changed please Oga Moderator your take on this

I rest my case.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanceosas(m): 2:12pm On Oct 31, 2011
greetings to all,pls house dose any one know the benifit of LT LINK HD reciver,am planning to buy one
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2011
[color=#006600][/color]@DODO, IT LOOKS LIKE THE RAT HAS NOW GROWN WINGS TO BECOME A BAT.
NORMALLY I DO NOT REPLY TO POSTS FROM RATS LIKE YOU.
BUT TODAY IS A VERY GOOD DAY.
DO NOT GET YOURSELF INVOLVED IN WHAT YOU CANNOT HANDLE.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2011
@ALL,
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
I LOVE YOU.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dodos(f): 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2011
Sophieamore1:

[color=#006600][/color]@DODO, IT LOOKS LIKE THE RAT HAS NOW GROWN WINGS TO BECOME A BAT.
NORMALLY I DO NOT REPLY TO POSTS FROM RATS LIKE YOU.
BUT TODAY IS A VERY GOOD DAY.
DO NOT GET YOURSELF INVOLVED IN WHAT YOU CANNOT HANDLE.

I believe the above post is not directed at me but if by chance it is then I MEAN TO SAY IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

I rest my case again.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 5:16pm On Oct 31, 2011
where are the recent posts for: Fta Channels On W4/7?
@Pidzo:
Thankx very much oga me. We r all learning from each other and I can tell you that I am just a pupil here under most of the maters' tutellage. I guess we all with determination are going to keep forging ahead in our bid to expand the fta frontiers especially with regards to out of print birds.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:46pm On Oct 31, 2011
@all,
As earlier promised, here are the pics of my last nilesat installation.

From BADR >>>>>> moving west back to NILESAT!

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:52pm On Oct 31, 2011
More.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2011
Scanning for stations:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2011
Total scan: Over 500 channels! smiley

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2011
More pix coming tomorrow.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 9:23pm On Oct 31, 2011
Oga George, that your dish na which size?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:30pm On Oct 31, 2011
Brite02:

Oga George, that your dish na which size?

3m fibre.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 10:36pm On Oct 31, 2011
George D, great work keep the FTA spirit. What's your location?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 12:27am On Nov 01, 2011
George, great job. . how i wish i could lay hands on that size, my 1.8m dey shook people eye.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 11:17am On Nov 01, 2011
@simniboma,
Thanks. I live in wafi.

@Brite,
You need at least a 3m dish to enjoy the goodies of nilesat in PH.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 11:22am On Nov 01, 2011
@all,
More pix below, as promised last night.

Here are signal strenght snap shots for various tps.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 11:24am On Nov 01, 2011
More signal snap shots:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 11:42am On Nov 01, 2011
And more:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 01, 2011
@ George D
I want to install badr 4 with 3m locally made pan dish to watch either aljazeera or Abu dhabi sports channels with valid subscription. Which of the two has a better signal strenght without cracking in the afternoon on badr. my aljazera sports cracks in the afternoon on nilesat in the afternoon with 2.4m strong pan dish. I need your advice on the bird that will give me a better reception with 3m pan dish with one of the two channels on both birds to reduce my stress on experimentation. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 11:52am On Nov 01, 2011
George_D:

And more:
"looks like you are not receiving atlantic-bird7 tps"  ,just checking grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 12:18pm On Nov 01, 2011
@auchs,
Use the 3m for nilesat. As you can see from my snapshots, you can't go wrong.
Again, nilesat signals are now more stable for south-south, south-west and
mid-west as compared to Badr.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 12:30pm On Nov 01, 2011
odilibe:

"looks like you are not receiving atlantic-bird7 tps" ,just checking grin

@odilibe,
You are right my brother. I was going to leave that comment till later but since you've mentioned it, here are my observations:

AB7 signals are yet to make landfall here in the south-south. I tried out all the tps currently recievable on that bird but none turned green.

It may be early days yet though given our experience with 201 when it was first launched. None of its tps were recievable here then but today, it is interesting to note that CNN and other choice stations are now beaming strongly from that bird much to our delight whereas we almost wrote it off at the beginning.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 01, 2011
George_D:

@auchs,
Use the 3m for nilesat. As you can see from my snapshots, you can't go wrong.
Again, nilesat signals are now more stable for south-south, south-west and
mid-west as compared to Badr.
Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 1:44pm On Nov 01, 2011
@George_D
WAT PERCENTAGE ARE U GETTING WITH UR 3M DISH AND IS OSN SIGNAL VERY HIGH WITH UR DISH.PLZ CONFIRM

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (2350) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.