Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5425333 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (2350) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 8:07am On Jul 27, 2011
Tracking w7 and MultiTv on the same dish was very possible for me, with w7 as my primary while Multitv positioned a little below it. I tried to nail New Dawn (32.8e) and w7 with one LNB, but unable. If I get a signal of 58 degree for New dawn, w7 signal will drop drastically and vice vassal. Please, can I use two separate LNB on the same dish for each of them and still be able to nail Multi Tv? If it is possible, let the honourable genius of this great forum explain it. thanks and God bless u all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oriagome: 8:23am On Jul 27, 2011
most of the station on the new dawn are scramble, I dont see any goodies there now except in the future.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ochukss(m): 9:53am On Jul 27, 2011
what size of dish will i track d intelsat new dawn with and with what frequency and tp
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 10:40am On Jul 27, 2011
i dont think intelsat new dawn as any active tp at the moment. which channels are those you say are scrumbled?
oriagome:

most of the station on the new dawn are scramble, I dont see any goodies there now except in the future.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 11:03am On Jul 27, 2011
There is a dollar sign on everything but still many are showing, try them each and see.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 11:19am On Jul 27, 2011
we used to watch this channels here in southern africa sometime back on intelsat 17.they are on agolan mux.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 11:25am On Jul 27, 2011
yes it seems this satellite will be good for the future.if you want to track w7,astra 2b and intelsat new dawn on one dish, take a look at a setup on an 80 cm dish.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 11:35am On Jul 27, 2011
The Intelsat new dawn is the primary lnb whiles the w7 is on top of it with the Astra 2b below it.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 11:54am On Jul 27, 2011
What i have noticed is that the 3in1 setup is very convenient and gives strong signal gains on all the birds. With the 2in1 setup , the secondary lnbs suffer a lot of signal loss because their angular distance is 7.8 degrees.However with this setup, the gaps are about 3 degrees to the w7 and 5.2 to 2b from the Intelsat new dawn.

Intelsat new dawn---------------------- 85%
Astra 2b (12551v19531)------------90%
W7 (hitv-12130h27500)--------88%

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by esuo2(m): 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2011
iron,like a lion in zion
good job
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2011
@ esuo Nana thank you very much
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2011
@ iron,
frm d picture posted, ur newdawn lnb is facing east i.e 3 o'clock (lookin @ it frm d back of d dish),
my questn is,what polarity did u use?. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2011
osef:

@ George D. Its nice knowing you are still available for young minds like us,you might ve talked on this but my means of surfing is not helping matter, its the badr stuff, i ve a 2.4 fibre, can i use it to track, i stay at an hour drive from lokoja the kogi state capital, just wanted to know before spendin hardearned cash on the fibre,cos it requires finishing tourch.
@osef. You are better off with nilesat. Even 1.8m will pick a lot of channels @ your location. Stick with Nilesat and u wouldn't regret.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Wellydra(m): 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2011
how do i track the galaxy satelite.after tracking w4 i shuld lower the dish down or raise it a little bit.wat other frequencies can i use to track the satellite
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 2:34pm On Jul 27, 2011
raise it up when u track w7
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DARELESTIN(m): 3:12pm On Jul 27, 2011
Well done my broda, may d spirit of FTA continue to protect u. Now we have started seen the result of our researches. keeeeeeeep d spirit on. Long live FTA.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by allison2(m): 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2011
@fresh p
guy i love ur ideal but remember that not everybody will be @ backyard so, guru should do thing @ backyard send for all to benefit.
I love thought since yesterday i met u @ Engr. seun place.
pls i will also need those materials that u give Seun.
thanks.
allison2
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2011
@ All, I did the 3 in 1 tracking on sunday. I used astra 2b as my prime focus, then Intelsat New dawn as the secondary and eutelsat w4/w7 as the last. Because of the way I positioned the lnbf I could not get good maximum quality. MuviTv, 82%, Angola mux, 63-64%, Dstv, 75%. I sacrificed a lot of quality signal when I was tracking it. Though it didn't take me more than fourty munites to track them. But I will work on it to get maximum signal strength on it if new good channel comes to Intelsat New Dawn.@ All, I did the 3 in 1 tracking on sunday. I used astra 2b as my prime focus, then Intelsat New dawn as the secondary and eutelsat w4/w7 as the last. Because of the way I positioned the lnbf I could not get good maximum quality. MuviTv, 82%, Angola mux, 63-64%, Dstv, 75%. I sacrificed a lot of quality signal when I was tracking it. Though it didn't take me more than fourty munites to track them. But I will work on it to get maximum signal strength on it if new good channel comes to Intelsat New Dawn.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayron(m): 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2011
@ George_D

I was able to convience my friend in the state to buy additional 3 digital satellite finders to the one we already had on ground.

If u check ebay list now, u can not buy the finder anymore, this is due to the time lapse givin on the product.
As i told u earlier on phone, my friend was at their distribution office (Lexium Professional Technologies, 12701 Van Nuys Blvd suit H Pacoma, CA 91331 USA) where he was told he could be sole distributor to
west African contries.

That could not work, cos he was given conditions; he either buy 20 feet container or half. He was afraid of Investing in such business even if he has such money. He told me, If such arrangement worked he would sell it at give away price of N28,000.

Well let wait till it comes(5pcs) , i will keep u informed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Wellydra(m): 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2011
@ilish are u able to receive the intelsat newdawn.which is the strongest tp which i can use
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Newtonn(m): 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2011
HELLO GUYS,
@ALL PLZ HELP ME WITH PICTURES OF RS-232 TO USB,
IT WILL ENABLE ME TO BUY MINE, SO THAT WILL I BE ABLE TO CONNECT IT
WITH MY PC
THE PICTURE WILL BE APPRECIATE. THKS
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:25pm On Jul 27, 2011
Newtonn:

HELLO GUYS,
@ALL PLZ HELP ME WITH PICTURES OF RS-232 TO USB,
IT WILL ENABLE ME TO BUY MINE, SO THAT WILL I BE ABLE TO CONNECT IT
WITH MY PC
THE PICTURE WILL BE APPRECIATE. THKS

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Newtonn(m): 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2011
THKS VERY MUCH BUT THIS IS MALE PIN OUT,
I NEED A FEMALE PIN OUT, because FROM MY DECODER
ITS MALE PIN OUT, SO I NEED RS-232 FEMALE OUT.
THKS
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2011
Wellydra:

@ilish are u able to receive the intelsat newdawn.which is the strongest tp which i can use
Bro,the sat is loud and clear even in S.A.The tp has been posted in the previous page(10976 h 29998).It is on the same place where Galaxy 11/Intel 802 was.Just pick w7 first and then raise the dish up a bit.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 11:40pm On Jul 27, 2011
@pofolo Thank you very much for your question. Try this experiment and i hope i will be well understood. Track multi tv using 12552v19531 or dstv or intelsat new dawn using 10976h29998. you will see that multitv will pop up with the lnb facing 9 0'clock. in that case, the lnb is facing west. however, with the same dish position,i mean no changes to elevation and azimuth, tweak the lnb from its position to 3 0'oclock and a little above, you will see that the signal will pop up again after vanishing. simply put, i have noticed that most of our birds have one lnb skew facing east and another facing west. even tps on w3a and sirius have 4. 12605v30000 has 2 and 12605h30000 has 2 (sirius)
12728v30000 is 2,12728h30000 is also 2(w3a)

In fact when Sirius is on v, that skew is h for w3a. if you are unable to understand it, then i will upload some pictures for you to see.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jay14(m): 5:09am On Jul 28, 2011
@jayron.
Kindly help ur brother,i need one meter from the five am on my knees o.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayron(m): 9:36am On Jul 28, 2011
@ Jay1

You can book for one, the most important thing is that when it comes we are selling on CASH & CARRY basis.

Many had booked for it, i need to impress my friend to send more that is why am using C&C basis and first to come first to serve.

No problem, i have base in Lagos (Gbagada) and Shagamu (Ogijo).

The Digital sat finder cost N45,000.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Estiimable(m): 9:59am On Jul 28, 2011
Pls help me o. I tried to rescan Mytv on my SRT 4669XII last nite and PHCN suddenly seized power.But when the power was restored,all the channels(both Mytv and Multitv) have disappeared. I tried using the tps to track them but to no avail. Pls what should i do to get Mytv and Multitv channels back. Am using a 60cm dish. Pls HELP!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Estiimable(m): 10:02am On Jul 28, 2011
Pls help me o. I tried to rescan Mytv on my SRT 4669XII last nite and PHCN suddenly seized power.But when the power was restored,all the channels(both Mytv and Multitv) have disappeared. I tried using the tps to track them but to no avail. Pls what should i do to get Mytv and Multitv channels back. Am using a 60cm dish. Pls HELP!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 11:02am On Jul 28, 2011
please some goodies on 12284h27500 on w4 are fta at this moment. enjoy while they last. thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 11:15am On Jul 28, 2011
@Iron2011 that channel has been on a4 long, thanks though,
@Estiimable, go to your dish settings and put your disec settings well. the search
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 11:29am On Jul 28, 2011
smileySwitch the decoder off from the back, after 5 minutes, tune it ON back. Go to setup and locate System setup to select factory setting. Accept factory setting and let the decoder reboot. After, go back to setup, go to DiSEqC section of the Switch select the DiSEqC LNB port you connected MyTV to  for Mytv, accept teh selection and move to MultiTv LNB port u selected for it and as well accept the selection. Return back to Blind Scan each of the satellite. I am 100% sure you are good to go.  If nothing happens then power outage has affected the decoder. God bless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (2350) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.