Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (984) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5427640 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 27, 2015
coderXO:
Abeg can someone help me out with a 2-in-1 Eutelsat 16e and Astra 2F 28.2e?

I have the Discovery 2 in 1 lnb holder and have tried making 28.2e the one above and 16e primary.

To be able to get Multi TV I had to put the one above at about 45deg angle to the left of the lower one.

Multi TV shows but can't get 16e.

If you have a photo, even better.

TIA.
The orange twin lnb is 16° while the other one is 28°.
the other dish from the left is 68°

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
graphicicon:
@odilibe, thats why 4922A is the king of all strong decoders, that TP is perfect on 4922A with the audio and video and the clock mathes each other, LOL grin grin grin grin

REVIEW OF SRT 4930 HD SATELLITE RECEIVER

The Strong SRT 4930 HD series first appeared on
the market way back in 2010 and I bought my first
standard version of this receiver in January 2011.
To me it was a big improvement over my only
other Strong HD stb (at the time) namely SRT
First the tuner was more sensitive especially after
new SW patches started coming out. Over a period
of time I acquired other versions of SRT 4930
including the only LINUX stb which is by far the
most expensive and also most versatile model
from Strong (SRT 4930L). There are three versions
of SRT 4930 that I know of and that I have ever
owned. There is the old standard model SRT 4930
HD with just basic functions and ports. Then there
is the SRT 4930 HD with LAN port that could
handle limited internet functions like YouTube,
hardstations, and weather. Then there is the SRT
4930L HD with its LINUX OS, 2 USB ports and 2
card readers.
SRT 4930L is far far ahead of SRT 4922. It is very
fast in all espects and it is unfare even comparing
the two stbs.
How can you compare a Ferrari with a Corolla?
If you have ever used a Linux box like Dreambox,
then you will understand what I mean.
Its WI-FI specs include capability to handle
Facebook, Gmail, Twitter, Youtube, Picasa photo,
Weather, Maps, Internet radio, RSS, Google mail,
Hotmail, Webtv, Hardcore, and many many more.
You just plug in your modem for internet and it
turns your TV into a Smart TV with internet and
smart phone connectivity.
Last weekend I pulled out my old SRT 4930 HD
(the std original basic model) from my store,
dusted it and upgraded it with the latest SW patch
from Crosat. I was surprised when it opened Dgt
channels on 7E, plus it flawlessly opened all PV
channels on IS20 after entering the keys. Its media
player is far superior to the one in SRT 4922 series
with nice and smooth slow motion replay plus
smooth fast forwarding, unlike the jerkiness/
glitchness when playing in the same mode on SRT
I was preparing it for a relative upcountry but I
have now changed my mind and decided to keep it
for myself despite having SRT 4930L (Linux) and
many others. The upcountry relative will now get
another new stb instead.
That is what ASAS does to you.
This model was popular especially in West Africa
and some parts of southern Africa like Zambia,
Zimbabwe etc.
I doubt if it is still in production although you may
still find a new one as a leftover in some shops.
So guys if you come accross SRT 4930 being sold
even as second hand, just buy and you will not
regret.
It can also use remotes from SRT 4900/4910, and
SRT 4922 series.

Copied from Dejumbo's post
Jamiiforum.

It looks like this humble dude from East Africa saw your post and decided to put up this today... @ jamii.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 11:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
Penuelseun:
@graphicion, can u pls send d srt 4922 v1.83 software.for powervu to my email seun4tech@yahoo.com Thanks
@penueseun, the software has been sent to ur email enjoyyyyyyyyy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 11:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
Dlee1:

REVIEW OF SRT 4930 HD SATELLITE RECEIVER

The Strong SRT 4930 HD series first appeared on
the market way back in 2010 and I bought my first
standard version of this receiver in January 2011.
To me it was a big improvement over my only
other Strong HD stb (at the time) namely SRT
First the tuner was more sensitive especially after
new SW patches started coming out. Over a period
of time I acquired other versions of SRT 4930
including the only LINUX stb which is by far the
most expensive and also most versatile model
from Strong (SRT 4930L). There are three versions
of SRT 4930 that I know of and that I have ever
owned. There is the old standard model SRT 4930
HD with just basic functions and ports. Then there
is the SRT 4930 HD with LAN port that could
handle limited internet functions like YouTube,
hardstations, and weather. Then there is the SRT
4930L HD with its LINUX OS, 2 USB ports and 2
card readers.
SRT 4930L is far far ahead of SRT 4922. It is very
fast in all espects and it is unfare even comparing
the two stbs.
How can you compare a Ferrari with a Corolla?
If you have ever used a Linux box like Dreambox,
then you will understand what I mean.
Its WI-FI specs include capability to handle
Facebook, Gmail, Twitter, Youtube, Picasa photo,
Weather, Maps, Internet radio, RSS, Google mail,
Hotmail, Webtv, Hardcore, and many many more.
You just plug in your modem for internet and it
turns your TV into a Smart TV with internet and
smart phone connectivity.
Last weekend I pulled out my old SRT 4930 HD
(the std original basic model) from my store,
dusted it and upgraded it with the latest SW patch
from Crosat. I was surprised when it opened Dgt
channels on 7E, plus it flawlessly opened all PV
channels on IS20 after entering the keys. Its media
player is far superior to the one in SRT 4922 series
with nice and smooth slow motion replay plus
smooth fast forwarding, unlike the jerkiness/
glitchness when playing in the same mode on SRT
I was preparing it for a relative upcountry but I
have now changed my mind and decided to keep it
for myself despite having SRT 4930L (Linux) and
many others. The upcountry relative will now get
another new stb instead.
That is what ASAS does to you.
This model was popular especially in West Africa
and some parts of southern Africa like Zambia,
Zimbabwe etc.
I doubt if it is still in production although you may
still find a new one as a leftover in some shops.
So guys if you come accross SRT 4930 being sold
even as second hand, just buy and you will not
regret.
It can also use remotes from SRT 4900/4910, and
SRT 4922 series.

Copied from Dejumbo's Post
Jamiiforum.
@Dlee1, am not talking of good features, am talking of handling any issues that got to do with satelite signal, video decoding, audio decoding and other problems that arise when decoding transponder video or audio, that many decoders fails to handle, "I STIIL SAY 4922A IS THE BEST IN OVERCOMMING SATELLITE PROBLEMS"
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 11:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
graphicicon:
@Dlee1, am not talking of good features, am talking of handling any issues that got to do with satelite signal, video decoding, audio decoding and other problems that arise when decoding transponder video or audio, that many decoders fails to handle, "I STIIL SAY 4922A IS THE BEST IN OVERCOMMING SATELLITE PROBLEMS"

Hehehe Graphicicon,
remember that SRT 4930L is a Linux receiver. You shouldn't compare ordinary receiver with Linux receiver. I have long forgotten about that SRT 4930L.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 11:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
Chinedu7:

Manually insert the frequency of HBO by adding extra number like 0395(1) then manually insert new powervu key with the new frequency, it will open.
How do i enter d keys manualy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by myforeigner: 11:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
graphicicon:

I dont agree cos to this cos i jx finished with that comparison and the srt4922/a is no nearer to the srt 4930L when it come to channel decoding, picture and sound quality and and a whole lot. i hv both machines and they are far apart from comparison. The 4930L is very expensive, as twice as the price of the 4922 and the patronage in the market was low and even very scares in the Sat Market now. The 4930L is the boss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 12:05am On Aug 28, 2015
olason:
yes u can get the C band stuff with 2.4 even 1.8 can try.
Am sorry for late reply , Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oluchicago: 12:23am On Aug 28, 2015
Got Nss 7(20" west) in lagos with 1.8m dish,signal quality--56% and had stable and clear view. From my point of view,its better compared to Nss(57" east) when having mt* w**wide in mind
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Saipro(m): 12:46am On Aug 28, 2015
Talenty:
Na wa for you oo, with that wall the whole gurus in nairaland cannot track IS20C, either increase the dish height or take the dish about 30 feet backwards if you have the space.

That's strange. I receive IS20 with 78% on 1.83p on SRT4922. My dish is positioned similarly, in fact, it's almost right against the wall with the lower 1/3 facing the wall directly. Didn't stop me though my dish is a bit bigger at 2.4m.

I think patience might be the key. Else, the blockage might be all you're experiencing. By the way, if your dish isn't motorised, your ... (azimuth, I believe) might be off.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sunnystooth(m): 12:50am On Aug 28, 2015
Hello House... Plz is there any trick or code i can use on my normal DSTV decoder to get other free public view channels other than just CCTV that is showing on the home network? Help a brother plz. I dont have strong decoder, but a DSTV decoder. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ksliman: 12:55am On Aug 28, 2015
hmmmm! power vu keys my people FTA wahala
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 5:25am On Aug 28, 2015
oluchicago:
Got Nss 7(20" west) in lagos with 1.8m dish,signal quality--56% and had stable and clear view. From my point of view,its better compared to Nss(57" east) when having mt* w**wide in mind
Pls what it is TP u used in tracking it.Secondly did it open with the same p.v keys on nss @57e
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Penuelseun(m): 7:19am On Aug 28, 2015
graphicicon:
@penueseun, the software has been sent to ur email enjoyyyyyyyyy
Thanks I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by rapthugx(m): 7:30am On Aug 28, 2015
Williams85 you got mail.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by agkilis: 7:56am On Aug 28, 2015
ENJOYYY THIS IN NORTHEN 9JA.
SPORT 1
SPORT 2
SPORT 3
SPORT HD 1
SPORT HD 2
24HR WWW E CHANEL
MOVIE
AND MANY MORE
ON SEASAT@22WEST C BAND
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oluchicago: 8:44am On Aug 28, 2015
04131V15404 and make sure u insert di-electic plate,the both sat uses the same keys
sunene1:
Pls what it is TP u used in tracking it.Secondly did it open with the same p.v keys on nss @57e
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sheneneone: 8:53am On Aug 28, 2015
oluchicago:
04131V15404 and make sure u insert di-electic plate,the both sat uses the same keys

Please kindly assist me
I have tracked the sattelite on 22w but the power VU not working for me.

Please assist me
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oluchicago: 9:01am On Aug 28, 2015
Kindly check lemmymorgan.com for the keys and go back few pages to see how to insert the keys
sheneneone:

Please kindly assist me
I have tracked the sattelite on 22w but the power VU not working for me.

Please assist me
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by manhattan3G: 9:03am On Aug 28, 2015
@simonkhoma,my email is:manhattan3g@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 9:07am On Aug 28, 2015
rapthugx:
Williams85 you got mail.
replied you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 9:20am On Aug 28, 2015
oluchicago:
Bros u're truly a fta hunter.thanks God bless.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 9:27am On Aug 28, 2015
@umassor and olason welldone iam offended for not letting me be part of the show iam just 10minute walk away from olason place iam happy to hear the wive is ok now may be for her sake i may forgive ola i promise u guy that u will be marvel when i have time to work on my 4mt ola dish will not withstand.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olason(m): 9:36am On Aug 28, 2015
agkilis:
i saw this online dont know if its current NOW PEOPLE WITH 1.8MTR DISH AND CBAND
LNB WITH STRONG 4922 4920 AND 4922A WILL
ENJOYYY THIS IN NORTHEN 9JA.
SPORT 1
SPORT 2
SPORT 3
SPORT HD 1
SPORT HD 2
24HR WWW E CHANEL
MOVIE
AND MANY MORE
ON SEASAT@22WEST C BAND
it seems you have not been following this thread. pls we have put a full stop to what u posted. thank u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olason(m): 9:43am On Aug 28, 2015
Adex70:
@umassor and olason welldone iam offended for not letting me be part of the show iam just 10minute walk away from olason place iam happy to hear the wive is ok now may be for her sake i may forgive ola i promise u guy that u will be marvel when i have time to work on my 4mt ola dish will not withstand.
Baba no vex, it was on a Friday and am sure u dey office.I know say u b big boss with that you monster dish. anyway by the time I and Umassor finish d fine tuning of the dish next week your 4meter go respect my dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by agkilis: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2015
well for the better part,i think
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by coderXO(m): 10:16am On Aug 28, 2015
Adielcy:

The orange twin lnb is 16° while the other one is 28°.
the other dish from the left is my tv

Thanks for the pic.

So the 28e is to the left of the 16e correct? What is the distace between the two lnbs?

How is it that your MYTV dish is pointed almost at 90deg to the 16e and 28e dish?

I don't quite get that (just wondering). Isn't MYTV on 16e?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by edey2real: 10:55am On Aug 28, 2015
Can anyone please tell me about Digisat decoder

- How is the work in general
- How is the blind scan, is it fast enough
- Is it good for tracking
- How is the picture quality
- How is the signal strength

Kindly assist with these infos cos I want to arrange it.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ebenz4(m): 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
oluchicago:
oluchicago pls I go need your help 07034767125. make u come help me catch the nss7 fish. I reside in Lagos too
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sheneneone: 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
oluchicago:
Kindly check lemmymorgan.com for the keys and go back few pages to see how to insert the keys

@Olichi please assist me
The sattelite can't be opened by that power VU on 22w
Assist me
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Graham4luv(m): 1:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
oluchicago:
I also got dat 20°west in South South, rivers state with 59% signal on 1.8m within 5minute
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ryusufu(m): 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
Did u use dielectric?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.