Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage (34421 Views)

How I Handled My Cheating Serious Girl / I Broke Up With My Cheating Boyfriend. / How I Caught My Cheating Fiancee During The Christmas Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Cassahav: 12:56am On May 13, 2022
I am a fortysomething man in a long-term relationship – nearly 20 years – and have two children. For the past 10 years my partner has been having short-term lovers. These were clandestine, but more recently she has stopped hiding, called our relationship “open”, and currently has a lover who I do know about. But this “open relationship” can only be one-sided, because she is jealous and suspicious while I am basically not polyamorous. So why stay together? We get on, communicate well (other than the no-go zone of her other love life), rarely argue, are bonded by bringing up our children and are financially tied together.

However, the years of suppressing my emotions – of jealousy, rejection, insecurity, being lied to – have left me broken. Sex (which we still occasionally do have) has become stressed: if I don’t perform enthusiastically, it will justify her seeking other lovers. Also, I am expected to remain sexually attracted to her, which gets more difficult when I know she’s been with someone else recently. We had frank talks when she offered to end her extramarital affairs and be monogamous with me – or plan how we might separate without affecting our children. We were both very upset, as we are very much still in love, and wish the sex side of our relationship wasn’t such a terrible mess.

But it has occurred to me that I am emotionally and sexually broken after this past decade. If I was single again – or my partner was to become monogamous with me again – I don’t think I would be a viable person to be in a relationship with. How do I start to repair myself, inside or outside this relationship?

Any advice would be cool.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by cherryCola: 12:59am On May 13, 2022
We have run out of advice for y'all SIMPle men undecided.

426 Likes 26 Shares

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Cassahav: 1:01am On May 13, 2022
cherryCola:
continue.....
nice idea i mean whats life without fun
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:02am On May 13, 2022
she broke your spirit and made you to become who she wants you to be....to the point that you even believe you wouldnt be good enough to anyone but her. as much as you hate the thought, you have to get away from this negative woman as you will never ever be valued by her again...so why stay?! you guys are roommates at best.

the future you dont know, is way better than what you are experiencing now...which is basically "nothing"!

190 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Cassahav: 1:03am On May 13, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
she broke your spirit and made you to become who she wants you to be....to the point that you even believe you wouldnt be good enoug to anyone but her. as much as you hate the thought, you have to get away from this negative woman as you will never ever be valued by her again,,,,so why stay?!

the future you dont know, is way better than what you are experiencing now...which is basically "nothing"!

Bless you mr brown jay

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by rickleye: 1:10am On May 13, 2022
Cassahav:
[url]Instagram.com/Casssa01[/url] kindly follow me

I am a fortysomething man in a long-term relationship – nearly 20 years – and have two children. For the past 10 years my partner has been having short-term lovers. These were clandestine, but more recently she has stopped hiding, called our relationship “open”, and currently has a lover who I do know about. But this “open relationship” can only be one-sided, because she is jealous and suspicious while I am basically not polyamorous. So why stay together? We get on, communicate well (other than the no-go zone of her other love life), rarely argue, are bonded by bringing up our children and are financially tied together.

However, the years of suppressing my emotions – of jealousy, rejection, insecurity, being lied to – have left me broken. Sex (which we still occasionally do have) has become stressed: if I don’t perform enthusiastically, it will justify her seeking other lovers. Also, I am expected to remain sexually attracted to her, which gets more difficult when I know she’s been with someone else recently. We had frank talks when she offered to end her extramarital affairs and be monogamous with me – or plan how we might separate without affecting our children. We were both very upset, as we are very much still in love, and wish the sex side of our relationship wasn’t such a terrible mess.

But it has occurred to me that I am emotionally and sexually broken after this past decade. If I was single again – or my partner was to become monogamous with me again – I don’t think I would be a viable person to be in a relationship with. How do I start to repair myself, inside or outside this relationship?

Will smith , is this you homie ?

243 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Cassahav: 1:18am On May 13, 2022
rickleye:

Will smith , is this you homie ?

Lol ad slap the shit out of you if you make a joke on my family grin

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Johntitus: 1:26am On May 13, 2022
grin

This life nah cruise sha. Some persons dey go broken out of thinking about wentin dem go chop the next day, others dey broken cause of woman. Hahahaha.

OP, I no dey laugh your situation. I just dey talk say life no balance.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Cassahav: 1:31am On May 13, 2022
Johntitus:
grin

This life nah cruise sha. Some persons dey go broken out of thinking about wentin dem go chop the next day, others dey broken cause of woman. Hahahaha.

OP, I no dey laugh your situation. I just dey talk say life no balance.

Omo i understand the situation but i guess you be single man do you really know what love is??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by rickleye: 1:33am On May 13, 2022
Cassahav:

Lol ad slap the shit out of you if you make a joke on my family grin

Lol � . grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Cassahav: 1:34am On May 13, 2022
rickleye:

Lol � . grin

This one don sweet you bar?

1 Like

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Johntitus: 1:41am On May 13, 2022
Omo i understand the situation but i guess you be single man do you really know what love is??

grin

I am still single and I know what love is. Love to me nah my papa, mama, and siblings. No die 'wrongfully' like Fela talk o. Lol

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 1:52am On May 13, 2022
Cassahav:

Make an appointment with a mental health counselor and seek help with finding yourself first. You may have lost you in that jungle that lasted over a decade. Seek help to help find you again and drag you out of where you are so you can begin anew. lipsrsealed

Then go from there. undecided

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Cassahav: 2:01am On May 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Make an appointment with a mental health counselor and seek help with finding yourself first. You may have lost you in that jungle that lasted over a decade. Seek help to help find you again and drag you out of where you are so you can begin anew. lipsrsealed

Then go from there. undecided

okay junkie grin
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Kobojunkie: 2:07am On May 13, 2022
Cassahav:
okay junkie grin
I am serious! I mean what you describe there reads a lot like some serious mindbending sheet you did to yourself there...
Cassahav:
For the past 10 years my partner has been having short-term lovers. These were clandestine, but more recently she has stopped hiding, called our relationship “open”, and currently has a lover who I do know about. But this “open relationship” can only be one-sided, because she is jealous and suspicious while I am basically not polyamorous. ...
However, the years of suppressing my emotions – of jealousy, rejection, insecurity, being lied to – have left me broken. Sex (which we still occasionally do have) has become stressed: if I don’t perform enthusiastically, it will justify her seeking other lovers. Also, I am expected to remain sexually attracted to her, .....
... that can only maybe happen when one has has seriously lost one's self. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by jimmychang: 4:11am On May 13, 2022
Your living yet you are dead inside embarassed embarassed embarassed

8 Likes

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by suffering: 4:15am On May 13, 2022
I love this write-up. I hope it's real and not something copied from somewhere else.

She's your baby momma from what I read. Emotions are turbulent concerning such cases. All you can do is focus on yourself and do right for your children. The only time you should let her actions disturb you is after putting a ring on her finger, which you haven't, so why call the situation a marriage in the first place?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by iRepNaija1: 4:35am On May 13, 2022
It's time for a divorce. Your partner has basically been cheating on you for the duration of your relationship. You need to take time for yourself to heal once you divorce your partner. Then, when you're ready, find a new person who will treat you the way you should be treated.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Boogyman557: 4:45am On May 13, 2022
Holly Gram cool PESIN wey get PROBLEM no de speak GRAMMAR!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by NotBeenPaid: 4:59am On May 13, 2022

The chemistry is long gone.

1 Like

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by satandeterrible: 5:09am On May 13, 2022
A completely finished man.
This is what happens when simps let women break them down, basically manipulating every strand of their thinking faculty.

How low can a man go as to not realise he is being taken for a fool?
Probably in your yesteryears, you were denigrating Redpillers and joining forces with women to call them names. Now the chicken has come home to roost.

Weak men like you deserve no sympathy.
You disgust me.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by oilmane(m): 5:14am On May 13, 2022
Cassahav:

Please how can I unread this rubbish? Past decade in a one sided open relationship? Who do you bad gan, why will you repair yourself? Just continue managing it as you've been doing, continue being in love, na wah, people day, I sincerely hope you don't pass this streak to your male kids.

9 Likes

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Jayrockk: 6:03am On May 13, 2022
pussy ass nigga

6 Likes

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Cassahav: 6:06am On May 13, 2022
oilmane:

Please how can I unread this rubbish? Past decade in a one sided open relationship? Who do you bad gan, why will you repair yourself? Just continue managing it as you've been doing, continue being in love, na wah, people day, I sincerely hope you don't pass this streak to your male kids.
calm down love is real

2 Likes

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Cassahav: 6:06am On May 13, 2022
Jayrockk:
pussy ass nigga
Lol is that your pastor

2 Likes

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Cassahav: 6:07am On May 13, 2022
satandeterrible:
A completely finished man.
This is what happens when simps let women break them down, basically manipulating every strand of their thinking faculty.

How low can a man go as to not realise he is being taken for a fool?
Probably in your yesteryears, you were denigrating Redpillers and joining forces with women to call them names. Now the chicken has come home to roost.

Weak men like you deserve no sympathy.
You disgust me.

Omo
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Cassahav: 6:08am On May 13, 2022
jimmychang:
Your living yet you are dead inside embarassed embarassed embarassed
Whew!!!!
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by christm386: 7:29am On May 13, 2022
It’s hard to imagine my girlfriend cheating talk more of my wife, either ways I can’t be with someone who I know cheated, u have a kind heart and hate wahala, I can’t advice u bro, am not yet married, but one thing z for sure, divorce her ASAP

1 Like

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by calliking(m): 7:34am On May 13, 2022
Firstly, I think you should do a DNA test on your kids to confirm they are yours.

Secondly, you have no obligation to her. Dump her, give yourself time, possibly a year, then start dating again. Within this time try to sincerely discover yourself.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by duduade: 7:41am On May 13, 2022
Just big big grammar upandan

Oga you are old enough to decide what suits you best

Take into consideration your children
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by ebenezary(m): 7:58am On May 13, 2022
For a 43 yrs Old man to be reason like this 16 year old beat my imagination

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by bmdmix14: 8:05am On May 13, 2022
Cassahav:

shes getting bleeped openly n u wondering why u feeling down

U deserve flogging

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Did You Meet Your Current Spouse or Partner? / Check Out These Prewedding Pictures / My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.