Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,823 members, 7,806,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy (37558 Views)

Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father / Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Government Is Complicit - Adegboruwa / Ijaw Youth Council Condemns Suspension Of CJN Onnoghen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by christistruth01: 6:53am On May 13, 2022
Govt should now return all missionary schools and colleges to their Churches

So that Christians can school without fear of being lynched or kidnapped by exremists like in Chibok
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Benmob: 6:58am On May 13, 2022
[quote author=QuotaSystem post=112780274][/quote]yes that is hypocrite but ipob are nothing killing for Jesus Christ but ur pple kill for Muhammad,that show how Muhammad was when he was alive
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by kingyakos: 6:59am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

How many people’s killing & beheading have Ohaneze condemned?

Talk of hypocrisy.

Is Ohaneze a religion like your useless Muslim religion of doom with a fake prophet Mohammed, a sex addict.
Prophet without vindication
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Iykenuwa(m): 7:02am On May 13, 2022
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Olutosin369: 7:03am On May 13, 2022
My lecturer will always say that nigeria is a marriage of inconvinience and must break up one day. i love the north but their muslims they are backward and lack patience.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by sweetjohn(m): 7:04am On May 13, 2022
olas24u:

This is about religion, you can't be killing over religion.
The guy want to change the topic to tribal war that's Muslim trategy. He has even labelled you ipob. He is a fool to do so because you have been in nairaland for long now and you are an ardent Yoruba woman and a strong supporter of Tinubu ambition.

Why killed for a god you have never seen before? what gain did you make in killing for a god? Is the god handicapped or babysitting? It is even more understandable when you kill for money rituals, Yahoo Yahoo or even fighting for freedom bc you are killing for a gain but killing for one god you only read in a book is madness. Moreover religion is support to condem killing and not perpetuate killing.

Jesus, men of God are the most abused persons in the world even by Muslims but Christina have never ever killed anybody based on that. Does it make them have little love for their God? No.... But bc they believe their God should be the one not just defending his name and self but also protecting them (the christians)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by tollyboy5(m): 7:04am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

Proof.

I’m not helping you disgrace yourself any further.
0l0ribu both are correct. That doesn't make you nothern garbage civilized .
Thank your star for Lord lugard
Your time is near, all your beggers littering Lagos will be deported.

Asinwin oshi!
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Nobody: 7:09am On May 13, 2022
generalwo:
We don't need words!!!!! Hang all of those in that video by their dicks already!!!! Don't condemn on paper and look for how to cover up the crime in reality!!!!
It should be a tooth for a tooth.
They should all be beaten and stoned to death. Then their bodies burned while the videos of the event be circulated round social media.

Se all of us want to be mad at the same time Abi?.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by pmc01(m): 7:09am On May 13, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lmfao ohaneze is not a religious body oga

Why are Muslims pretending as if killing for blasphemy is unislamic when it's the punishment based on the sharia

Only a court of competent jurisdiction has the right to sentence any "accused" person.

Arguing over the substance of the law is a different matter entirely and subject to personal bias.

I could stay here and argue it's wrong for the military to kill deserters. Law is law!
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Jacopini: 7:09am On May 13, 2022
SensualMan:
Prophet Muhammad was the man that introduced An'al sex on minors. He even Anal'd his blood daughter Aisha at 6 years who then went into the world teaching men how to do ana'l sex.

Haba
I neva hear this one oo
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by akimbomimer: 7:13am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

Why are you so pained that the Sultan condemned the killings? And when did you become an advocate for the strict application of Sharia law?

You must be pained because it exposes the Igbo leadership that has still failed to condemn the ipob killings and beheading of that innocent military couple among many others. Flee from my mentions.
I was telling someone that when the big people (the Caliphate and others) in Islam condemn the killing will he still be shouting all religions are bad? because that was his slogan yesterday I wonder what he'll say today

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Safyqueen: 7:14am On May 13, 2022
DesChyko:
She became too comfortable and forgot the kind and nature of people she's living around.

One Nigeria recognizes Sharia law and blasphemy is punishable by death under Sharia law. That makes me think the council are probably unhappy they didn't pass the death verdict themselves angry

One Nigeria my arse!

Please remove islamaphobic tendencies in you, then reason appropriately.

The death punishment for blasphemy is bound on the Muslims and Muslims alone.

No non Muslim, according to Sharia that should be subjected to that law.

ALLAHU SWT knows that the non Muslims doesn't know the holy prophet (SAW) talk less of honouring him, that's why they are exempted from that law.

But if a non Muslim living in amidst of Muslims committed a glaring blasphemy, Sharia only says the person be arrested, taken to appropriate authority, Sharia court or other court of which the maximum punishment is banishment from that vicinity because the person is assumed to be agent of destruction to the religious beliefs and cultural value of the majority of people in that place.

But in a situation where the mob took law into their hands, Islam is not supposed to be blamed. It is as bad as other crimes committed down South Nigeria without connection or linking them to christainity.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by prophetfire: 7:15am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:
A Press Release from the Council.
. Rubbish condemnation. They know the killers. Let them ensure to they're arrested, prosecuted and punished. SIMPLE!
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by harrypetty(m): 7:15am On May 13, 2022
You make your holy prophet look weak if you have to kill to protect his image. This is true regardless of the religion to which the prophet belongs.
We can't all have one religion, but we can still coexist as humans who have conscience and value the lives of others.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by kingyakos: 7:16am On May 13, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lmfao ohaneze is not a religious body oga

Why are Muslims pretending as if killing for blasphemy is unislamic when it's the punishment based on the sharia

Aswear I've been a Muslim before i left cos of their nonsense teachings most of them see the igbos and Yorubas as a religion
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Yomboy4ever(m): 7:18am On May 13, 2022
Funny this cannot happen in a sane country...jamiu adegunwa , and his brother Adepoju has said worst things about Jesus Christ even upto date
But when it come to this terrorist it is normal buz either fighting for Allah or fighting for their prophet..
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by ChristineC: 7:22am On May 13, 2022
Creamypie:
very good. While we southerners who will not support ipob, condemned the beheading, Ipob easterners cheered the killers, giving reasons for the beheading, meanwhile we south and east, including the decapitator are christians
the brain power of many of you are in the gutters. there's little wonder that country is the way it is.
these are supposed students in a higher learning environment behaving in such banal, animalistic form and you attack dogs online are reorganising the context while trying to make same some sort of comparative tool.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Originalmaya11(m): 7:24am On May 13, 2022
This so sad to see
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Greenbirth: 7:25am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

How many people’s killing & beheading have Ohaneze condemned?

Talk of hypocrisy.
see you all this fulanis in this Nigeria will surely pay for all the atrocities you are committing in Nigeria. Instead of you to condemn the barbaric killing of the young lady, you are shifting the attention. God will punish all of you and that your fake god. Idiots.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Nobody: 7:26am On May 13, 2022
mrvitalis:
What is the punishment for blasphemy based of Sharia ...sultan should stop this hypocrisy ...how many people have Sharia killed for same offence

Na the foo.lish one nigerianist southerners I blame

You childish people and hypocrisy. You that is not a "one Nigerianist Southerner", can you tell us what 20-30% of Igbos are doing in other States of Nigeria and out of the SE?

If you want to preach against "one Nigerianists" then practice what you preach and stay away from other Nigerians. Eschew making money parasitically from them and, by all means, do not move from your region their own to live, work, earn and raise families.

Generate your money totally from the SE and stay within the SE. Then you can lecture others.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Arabaincubus: 7:26am On May 13, 2022
They are the real cause of this problem. They should change their ways and stop condemning.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Creamypie(m): 7:27am On May 13, 2022
ChristineC:
the brain power of many of you are in the gutters. there's little wonder that country is the way it is.
its not a matter of your reply. U, deep inside your heart, know I laid bare the truth.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Asianjollof007: 7:27am On May 13, 2022
Instead of coming out to condemn when the deed has been done already, they should try to teach and educate their people.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by onuman: 7:28am On May 13, 2022
mrvitalis:
What is the punishment for blasphemy based of Sharia ...sultan should stop this hypocrisy ...how many people have Sharia killed for same offence

Na the foo.lish one nigerianist southerners I blame

Arewa adopted Sharia criminal justice system which includes death for blasphemers. Nigeria will soon be borrowing to fight Boko Haram which says that it's fighting for a country to be governed with Sharia criminal justice system.
Foolish southern one Nigeria politicians are merely leaving the people in the south at the mercy of Arewa, instead of detaching the southern regions from Arewa. No country was created to last for ever. Even the Roman empire ended.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by ChristineC: 7:28am On May 13, 2022
Creamypie:
its not a matter of your reply. U, deep inside your heart, know I laid bare the truth.
lack of quality education is a problem in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by DesChyko: 7:33am On May 13, 2022
Safyqueen:

The death punishment for blasphemy is bound on the Muslims and Muslims alone.

Even Islam has no law ordering any killing in the first place. And Sharia is clear on who should be murdered. These lessons were not meant for me, but for the Muslim killers.

You should be telling this to the Muslims, not me. The teaching didn't stop them, did it? After all, in their thinking, if they the righteous could be killed for this, why not the infidels?

We won't even be talking about your choice of killing yourselves over your religion (or the lack of it) if this didn't happen, and not for the first time.

In 2016, the people arrested in connection with Bridget's murder (a Christian by the way) for blasphemy were freed on the order of the Attorney General in Kano State.

I think you need to pull your head out of that ostrich hole and drop the act.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Galadimabawa: 7:36am On May 13, 2022
Condemning in public, appreciating in private.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Nobody: 7:40am On May 13, 2022
RIP to the young lady. A condemnable, needless and cruel death. These occurences won't stop until there is sincerity from leaders at all levels, especially Northern leaders, to do the right thing without fear or favour.

Political power must work with religious authority to pass on the formal message, at political and religious level, that killing in the name of religion is wrong.

The condemnation from Northern political, cultural and religious leaders always ring hollow because, time and time again, most Northern leaders,at all levels, unravel as sympathizers of extremism.

We have to remember it is the same Islam Yorubas practice in large numbers yet have managed to do peacefully, tolerantly and in a non-fundamentalist manner.

Many will say Igbos are indoctrinated in hatred but I think many Northerners are indoctrinatred in religious extremism because it is not normal for young people, as we have seen in the videos, to take a life brutally and in a such a despicable manner because of percieved insult against their religion.

Why so much murderous anger over religion yet complete docility towards towards leaders and elites who impoverish you and continue, generations to generations , to mire you in illiteracy, deprivation, hopelessness and abject poverty?
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by saxby(f): 7:42am On May 13, 2022
Oh please, all these ones na medicine after death.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by IMAliyu(m): 7:43am On May 13, 2022
musty177:
I was absolutely devastated,heartbroken and really disappointed to Hear this young lady had such gruesome death.

I’m a Muslim and I’m not trying to condone what she did: what she did is was wrong, very wrong but I don’t think she deserves to be killed. This isn’t a prosecution.

She was not a Muslim. If she perpetrates any act of blasphemy, she is supposed to be taken to the court, not take the law with your bloody hands.

Some months back, you guys killed mentally changed lad right in front of this weeping mother and family for same blasphemy in katsina. This is so outrageous. How could you call yourself a Muslim when you’re committing such callous act ?

many of you guys have insulted the Christians’ jesus and remain alive. I believe they just had the intention of killing this young lady not just because of the blasphemy.

Where did Allah says in the glorious Quran or Hadith that said non-muslims should executed for such act ?.

“Subhallalah may allah forgive you for what you have done !” This is meant to be your response not killing and burning the corpse of this lady.

May Allah punish you for this !
The problem is, the girl didn't even say anything. She was killed for a blasphemy that didn't even happen.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:44am On May 13, 2022
What?...Are you joking right now? You think easterners are foolish people. You think we don't know bandits amputate people based on sharia in those spaces seized by them. Did they not just behead 4 Christians or so...according to islam?...we hear it all the time and what is all this whataboutism for?

QuotaSystem:

You don’t have to be a religious body to condemn ipob/esn killings and beheadings of innocent people.

Sharia also prescribes amputation for thieves, but when last did you hear of anyone’s hand chopped off in the North since Yerima 22 years ago?

Which law do ipob terrorists apply when they rape, kill, behead and roast innocent people? Biafran law?

Condemn the condemnable and pass.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Creamypie(m): 7:44am On May 13, 2022
ChristineC:
lack of quality education is a problem in Nigeria.
say me to my face u were amongst the few who condemned Ipob and the south east Monday killings and the beheading of the soldier couple. Am only saying y'all should stop being selective of criticism of condemnable actions, cos most who condemned her killing up north, were silent on the east beheading.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Garba Hamman Julde Stoned In Taraba / Arthur Agwuncha Nwankwo Is Dead / PGF Shops For Obaseki’s Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.