Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy (37562 Views)

Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father / Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Government Is Complicit - Adegboruwa / Ijaw Youth Council Condemns Suspension Of CJN Onnoghen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Nobody: 7:45am On May 13, 2022
Galadimabawa:
Condemning in public, appreciating in private.

Unfortunately, this is the perception most Nigerians have of Northerners. It is not a view held prejudicially or without justification.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by IMAliyu(m): 7:48am On May 13, 2022
wizelink:
Now that sultan of sokoto has condemned the gruesome murder of this innocent lady, what will they do to him? Threatened his life or dethroned him as the sultan?
Nothing will happen to the sultan.

At least by condemning this incident, the guys confessing to the murder were arrested, which I hope they get prosecuted quickly and brought to justice.

These people will know that the authorities are no longer siding with them.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Nobody: 7:48am On May 13, 2022
christistruth01:

Govt should now return all missionary schools and colleges to their Churches

So that Christians can school without fear of being lynched or kidnapped by exremists like in Chibok

Sounds like a good sentiment, until school fees increase, and parents start shouting.

Some schools were returned to missionaries in the SW in 2007/8. Fees went up, parents protested.

Once a school is handed over, that's the end of government budget support.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by ChristineC: 7:49am On May 13, 2022
Creamypie:
say me to my face u were amongst the few who condemned Ipob and the south east Monday killings and the beheading of the soldier couple. Am only saying y'all should stop being selective of criticism of condemnable actions, cos most who condemned her killing up north, were silent on the east beheading.
you obviously didn't read or didn't comprehend.
these are supposed students in a higher learning environment behaving in such banal, animalistic form and you attack dogs online are reorganising the context while trying to make same some sort of comparative tool.
can you put in simple tenses, the relationship or basis of comparing deaths really?
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by TruthinAction: 7:51am On May 13, 2022
anytexy:
They should be killed too. They should be killed too to serve as a deterrent to other religious extremist. Shikina!!!

The case of the woman beheaded in the market in Kano few years ago was struck out by court and the killers set free. It did not start today. We allowed these wicked ethnic group to get a strong hold in Nigeria. Now we are reaping our Foolishness. If you like, vote them into power in the next election. Nigeria must be free from this wicked tribe and religion.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Elbinawi: 7:52am On May 13, 2022
“Our WhatsApp group was created for assignments, tests, exams; not religious messages,” said slain Deborah Samuel https:///7DdRv4XUtz

Me:

We should understand that what Deborah said was not blasphemy. She complained about posting religious stuffs in their class WhatsApp group.

There was nowhere that the late Deborah Samuel insulted Prophet Muhammad (sa). Her gruesome murder stand condemned.

In Islam not only is human life sacred but also animal life. Why give fuel to our enemies to spread Islamophobia? I refused to share the video of her murder with Friends because it was very graphic.

God rest the dead!

#ElbinawiTweets
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by AdedayoDamilare: 7:52am On May 13, 2022
Have said it before those Northern are not set of people you should stay with.... Same thing will happen again let just divide and they should be killing there self.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by blowjohn(m): 7:53am On May 13, 2022
olas24u:

Islam is a faith observed by over 1.6 billion people, whereas Islamism is the political ideology of relatively small groups that borrow concepts like shariah and jihad from Islam and reinterpret them to gain legitimacy for their political goals.

How many Muslims come out to condemn these set of people with islamism?

U see the point?
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Daggash98: 7:54am On May 13, 2022
Satanate! I am sure they are happy because it favours their teachings and what the religion stands for. But, one day is coming and it nears when such wont be tolerated anywhere in the country again.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Nostring: 7:55am On May 13, 2022
PussyOdour:
That beautiful girl never blasphemed against any Idiotîc usêlèss child rapist prophèt. All Muslims are fools and terrorîst. Sharing a country with these lots is sad and disheartening.

I Watched the video, even their women that are being subjected to perpetual bondage in the name of one føolish religîon took part in that killing. Trust any thing that says he or she is a Muslim at your own peril.

Føolish fools. That score will be settle here in south south I promise. I will deliberate provoke an idiotic Muslim, I want , atleast five heads of them to be gone. Usêlèss fools.
go drink your concoction.. u go dey fine
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by maste: 7:56am On May 13, 2022
They said Islam is a religion of peace. The truth is that it's a religion of terrorists and murderers. As for those in the South East they are demons. Killing, raping, mutilating their own people.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by IMAliyu(m): 7:57am On May 13, 2022
Yomboy4ever:
Funny this cannot happen in a sane country...jamiu adegunwa , and his brother Adepoju has said worst things about Jesus Christ even upto date
But when it come to this terrorist it is normal buz either fighting for Allah or fighting for their prophet..
Didn't it already happen in a sane county?
France, the case of the boy that behead his teacher for blasphemy.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by miketayo(m): 8:00am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

How many people’s killing & beheading have Ohaneze condemned?

Talk of hypocrisy.

This is not a tribal issue, this is a religious issue.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by christistruth01: 8:02am On May 13, 2022
subsidywise18:

Sounds like a good sentiment, until school fees increase, and parents start shouting.

Some schools were returned to missionaries in the SW in 2007/8. Fees went up, parents protested.

Once a school is handed over, that's the end of government budget support.

Under the Missionaries Schools were maintained mainly by Church funds and some teachers even came voluntarily from abroad

Many of the schools were even free and the standard was high and the Teachers were never owed Salaries
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by luluosas(m): 8:02am On May 13, 2022
Yes, let the killers be made to face firing squad immediately. Stupid people
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Nobody: 8:04am On May 13, 2022
christistruth01:

Under the Missionaries Schools were maintained mainly by Church funds and some teachers even came from abroad

Some of the schools were even free and the standard was high

That was then, this is now.

It's more expensive to run a 'standard school' than it is now.

Also, all existing church schools charge fees higher than government schools. They have to pay teachers, buy books and other educational materials, and pay for overheads and so on.

See what happened in some SW states when schools were handed back. Fees went up. Nothing like free education.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by tollyboy5(m): 8:04am On May 13, 2022
Safyqueen:

Please remove islamaphobic tendencies in you, then reason appropriately.

The death punishment for blasphemy is bound on the Muslims and Muslims alone.

No non Muslim, according to Sharia that should be subjected to that law.

ALLAHU SWT knows that the non Muslims doesn't know the holy prophet (SAW) talk less of honouring him, that's why they are exempted from that law.

But if a non Muslim living in amidst of Muslims committed a glaring blasphemy, Sharia only says the person be arrested, taken to appropriate authority, Sharia court or other court of which the maximum punishment is banishment from that vicinity because the person is assumed to be agent of destruction to the religious beliefs and cultural value of the majority of people in that place.

But in a situation where the mob took law into their hands, Islam is not supposed to be blamed. It is as bad as other crimes committed down South Nigeria without connection or linking them to christainity.
Save us these bullcrap .
Sharia is a useless law not needed in Nigeria.
Y'all are complicit to the murder.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Chibuezem(m): 8:06am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

Talk of hypocrisy.
shut up, do they kill in the name of Jesus christ or Yahweh eh.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by ike007(m): 8:06am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

Talk of hypocrisy.

What is this one saying..is ohaneze a religious organization. Abi you smoke ash?
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by timefarm(m): 8:09am On May 13, 2022
tollyboy5:

I was saying it one time that what do people benefit from the north.
Some northerners on this forum thought I was a bigot.
Me as an atheist I'm Yoruba. I can't travel to east or north for anything
That is one of the major challenges of sw. Most dont know how to treat others decisively because they rarely travel to other parts to see how bad or sometimes good they are treated.

So travel and have a more exposed view.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by nwosu1982: 8:12am On May 13, 2022
Nigeria should be abolish pls for God's sake
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by ShaqFu: 8:12am On May 13, 2022
Yes condemn and condemn. They shouldn't interfere in the arrest and trial of those uncircumcised bastards.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Nobody: 8:14am On May 13, 2022
tollyboy5:

Death sentence should be their resolve. to serve as a warning to the majority northern extremist islamist

If death sentence is passed on those killers, Sultanate will immortalise the killers as martyrs.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by christistruth01: 8:18am On May 13, 2022
subsidywise18:

That was then, this is now.

It's more expensive to run a 'standard school' than it is now.

Also, all existing church schools charge fees higher than government schools. They have to pay teachers, buy books and other educational materials, and pay for overheads and so on.

See what happened in some SW states when schools were handed back. Fees went up. Nothing like free education.

The Churches can run the Schools even now
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by samonak(m): 8:19am On May 13, 2022
Oshiogwemoh:
just one Scapegoat will put an end to the mess. I have lived in the north all my life and this kind of killing happen all the the time but you will never hear of any arrest talkless of prosecutions. those in government will only condemn and that is the end of it. everyone will move on as if it never happened. if not because of elections that is around to he corner, the sultan council would not have issued any statements on this killing.
My advice to all Christian s living in the north is to know the mentality of your host and know the kind of words you utter especially on matters that concine religion it doesn't matter if the Muslim are educated or not believe me they think the same way on matters of religion.
I agree with you 100% Atiku Abubakar issued a statement condemning the gruesome killing only for him to delete the post after 1 hour when Muslim fundamentalist and religious bigots attacked him online and told him to forget his presidential ambition if he persists in condemning the action.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by OBA117(m): 8:19am On May 13, 2022
These people are wicked. If this could happen in high institution that means the whole school has to be shut down.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Kinzo0917(m): 8:27am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

Talk of hypocrisy.
Mumu. Have you seen christians kill anyone because they insult Jesus Christ before? . A God that can't fight for himself, that one na God?
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Triangles1(m): 8:28am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

Talk of hypocrisy.

You must be very foolish for this comment, politics crisis is every where religion crisis is only in the north.
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by deeva2: 8:33am On May 13, 2022
PussyKing:
I still Blame Tinubu for this incident undecided

THIS IS THE MAJOR PROBLEM IN THE SOUTH...WE HATE OURSELVES FOR JUST NO REASON..HOW IS TINUBU THE PROBLEM PLS

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by nerdjared: 8:38am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

You don’t have to be a religious body to condemn ipob/esn killings and beheadings of innocent people.

Sharia also prescribes amputation for thieves, but when last did you hear of anyone’s hand chopped off in the North since Yerima 22 years ago?

Which law do ipob terrorists apply when they rape, kill, behead and roast innocent people? Biafran law?

Condemn the condemnable and pass.

Leave talk bros, Saudi Arabia you all look up to has a sword as flag, what does that tell you
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:41am On May 13, 2022
IMAliyu:

Didn't it already happen in a sane county?
France, the case of the boy that behead his teacher for blasphemy.

It will happen insane countries but culprits will be brought to book . That's what I meant..
Stop supporting terrorist indirectly and let the prophet and Allah fight for themselves..
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy by TenQ: 8:43am On May 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

You don’t have to be a religious body to condemn ipob/esn killings and beheadings of innocent people.

Sharia also prescribes amputation for thieves, but when last did you hear of anyone’s hand chopped off in the North since Yerima 22 years ago?

Which law do ipob terrorists apply when they rape, kill, behead and roast innocent people? Biafran law?

Condemn the condemnable and pass.
Moslems with hypocrisy!

You set aside SHARIA the law of Allah over humans calling it barbaric!?
You are not a good Muslim!
You are a hypocrite!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Market Women Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha (PICTURES) / 65 Fleeing Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Borno / Buhari And Oshiomhole Sitting In A Classroom: Caption Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.