Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,167 members, 7,780,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:35 AM

Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. (7401 Views)

See The Winner Of Presidential Election Next Year….critical Analysis. / Tee Mac’s Comment That “Tinubu Is 86 Years”, Is Just A Mere Gossip.. / Voice Note That Led To Deborah Samuel Being Killed For Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Saifullah01: 8:10am On May 13, 2022
I am not here to discuss the incident of her death, but rather the comment that triggered it.
So if you are unable to deconstruct and analyse issues without sentiments, this is not for you.

Below is a translation of what she said verbatim. I have removed the expletives she used:

"holy ghost fire, nothing will happen to us. Must you send the things you send, this group was not created to send all this rubbish, it was created to send matters of test, assignments etc. The prophet of Allah @%/#*&* " (the last phrase she uttered were extremely offensive hence i used symbols)

Like I said the essence is to analyse what she said. One wonders, was she deliberately trying to start a religious crisis thinking it wouldn't go beyond the usual social media banter against Muslims?

I ask this because for some one trying to stop religious posts in a chat group do you start by saying "Holy ghost fire"? This is self contradiction.
Secondly, after making your point on not posting religious materials in the chat, why on earth did she had to insult the prophet (peace be upon him)

It is a fact that Muslims revere the Prophets of Allah more than anything in this world, and the prophet of Islam occupies a special place in their heart.

It is also a fact that although ignorant people have over time and in different places used bad words against the prophet (PBUH), no Muslim worth the name dear mention great prophets like Moses, Ezekiel etc without saying "peace be upon them or "Alaihim Salaam" or AS, not to think of using bad speech against them

So it is important to state that I condemn the act of taking laws into one's hand, but also condemn any form of instigation and inciting speech against anyone, Muslims and non Muslims alike

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Jideope: 8:11am On May 13, 2022
Such a pitiable situation I must say

2 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:12am On May 13, 2022
This is using a sledge hammer to kill an ant.
What is bad is bad.
Let's condemn this act so it will stop ONCE AND FOR ALL.
The Holy Quaran never supported the killing of others.

The True and Real Muslims (the ones we know and have as friends, neighbors, clients, Should always preach this message to the fanatics, the animals in human skin among them, they make people say rubbishabout their religion.
Do not be like the Muslim on the image below

Quran tells us to ignore Blasphemy because in Islamic law, there is no punishment for blasphemy.

“And when you see those who engage in making fun of Our revelations (Blasphemy), stay away from them till they turn to another topic.
And if Satan causes you to forget, then after the remembrance sit not you in the company of those people who are the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers).

Quran (6:68)

From the above verse, the stance of present-day Muslims goes totally against the teachings of the Quran. Whenever anyone in their judgment commits an act of ‘abuse of the Prophet in speech or in writing, they instantly demand that all those who insult the Prophet be beheaded.

This verse of the Quran makes it plain that it is not the task of the Muslims to establish “media watch” offices and hunt for anyone involved in acts of defamation of the Prophet, and then plan for their killing as in the case of what happened in Sokoto.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by thorpido(m): 8:13am On May 13, 2022
...and so her brutal murder was justice served?

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by joyandfaith: 8:13am On May 13, 2022
Fools kill for false gods.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by alsudan: 8:13am On May 13, 2022
That religion is mans worst invention ever!

They’re all terrorists, go to their Facebook and Twitter Pages to see how they are celebrating the killing of that innocent girl.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:13am On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:
I am not here to discuss the incident of her death, but rather the comment that triggered it.
So if you are unable to deconstruct and analyse issues without sentiments, this is not for you.

Below is a translation of what she said verbatim. I have removedthe expletives she used:

Like I said the essence is to analyse what she said. One wonders was she deliberately trying to start a religious crisis thinking it wouldn't go beyond the usual social media banter against Muslims?

I ask this because for some one trying to stop religious posts in a chat group do you start by saying "Holy ghost fire"? This is self contradiction.
Secondly, after making your point on not posting religious materials in the chat, why on earth did she had to insult the prophet (peace be upon him)

It is a fact that Muslims revere the Prophets of Allah more than anything in this world, and the prophet of Islam occupies a special place in their heart.

It is also a fact that although ignorant people have over time and in different places used bad words against the prophet (PBUH), no Muslim worth the name dear mention great prophets like Moses, Ezekiel etc without saying "peace be upon them or "Alaihim Salaam" or AS, not to think of using bad speech against them

From the above verse, the stance of present-day Muslims goes totally against the teachings of the Quran.
Whenever anyone in their judgment commits an act of ‘abuse of the Prophet in speech or in writing, they instantly demand that all those who insult the Prophet be beheaded.

This verse of the Quran makes it plain that it is not the task of the Muslims to establish “media watch” offices and hunt for anyone involved in acts of defamation of the Prophet, and then plan for their killing as in the case of what happened in Sokoto.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:17am On May 13, 2022
why the Nigerian army is not there already is shocking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Asgard13: 8:17am On May 13, 2022
You take a life you can’t create .. and gives reason.

They shout have allow the law.. and forget emotion.

Someday we all die and truth go happen

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Saifullah01: 8:18am On May 13, 2022
post=112782958:
This is using a sledge hammer to kill an ant.
What is bad is bad.
Let's condemn this act so it will stop ONCE AND FOR ALL.
The Holy Quaran never supported the killing of others.

The True and Real Muslims (the ones we know and have as friends, neighbors, clients, Should always preach this message to the fanatics, the animals in human skin among them, they make people say rubbishabout their religion.
Do not be like the Muslim on the image below

Quran tells us to ignore Blasphemy because in Islamic law, there is no punishment for blasphemy.

“And when you see those who engage in making fun of Our revelations (Blasphemy), stay away from them till they turn to another topic.
And if Satan causes you to forget, then after the remembrance sit not you in the company of those people who are the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers).

From the above verse, the stance of present-day Muslims goes totally against the teachings of the Quran. Whenever anyone in their judgment commits an act of ‘abuse of the Prophet in speech or in writing, they instantly demand that all those who insult the Prophet be beheaded.

Like I said earlier, there are multiple threads denouncing the act already, my aim is to discuss the remote cause.
Whether we like it or nor Muslims are offended by such speech against the prophet of Islam, though their response will vary (and like you pointed out above majority will turn away in disgust).

But my question is why such verbal assaults towards Muslims, and how its an issue that gets little attention

4 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by excanny: 8:19am On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:

Below is a translation of what she said verbatim. I have removedthe expletives she used:

Like I said the essence is to analyse what she said. One wonders was she deliberately trying to start a religious crisis thinking it wouldn't go beyond the usual social media banter against Muslims?

This is not exactly what she said. You added yours. Idiot mosrat.

Show me your posts where you condemned the rhetorics of El Rufai against Jesus or else you’re just a murderous hypocrite like your ills.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Redomi(m): 8:20am On May 13, 2022
Let us see or listen to what they posted to the group that made her utter that statement

5 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Parachoko: 8:21am On May 13, 2022
The girl shouldn't have said what she said about the prophet, Prophet Muhammad(PBUH)

But she does not deserve to be killed.

I listened to her voice note this morning, she should have known better.

I'm not justifying her death, but there is a saying, When You Are In Rome, You Have To Do Like The Romans.

May Her Soul RIP

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Saifullah01: 8:21am On May 13, 2022
Goodness me, from the responses above are we so bereft of the capacity to discussing issues in isolation

4 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Asgard13: 8:23am On May 13, 2022
Maybe everyone should that being emotional fighting and killing fro their beliefs

2 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 8:23am On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:

The simple truth is that not everyone believes in God or prophets and all of that .Some believe it is nonsense and they should have the right to say so. Muslims and Christians abuse atheists all the time. They are also disrespectful of traditional religions callieng their deities idols , fetish etc and their adherents Kaffir, infidels, pagans etc

So the concept of blasphemy should be reciprocal . Preaching that there is a God somewhere is blasphemous to the atheist. Preaching that Jesus is not God is blasphemous to the Christian
Preaching that God sent Mohammed is blasphemous to some people.

In a country like Nigeria you cannot insist your own beliefs are protected by blasphemy rules whilst retaining the right to revise other people's beliefs.

The solution is everybody is allowed to say what they like

You believe he is a prophet but you do not think calling Jesus a prophet is insulting to some? You do not believe calling Ogun an idol is insulting
There is no proof that there is any God. It is a belief system wit different doctrines and all doctrines in some way offend another doctrine.
Those who believe there is no God, no prophets or messenger are basically saying they believe those stories are lies

DO THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO SAY THAT?

You talk of BAD SPEECH from Muslims

Who defines bad speech the speaker or the person who is offended. The truth is the speaker do not accept that their speech is bad that is your view

So by that logic you should accept calling Jesus whom Christians call God a prophet is Bad speech to them but you do not accept that and by a similar token you must accept when people say they believe the Quran is fiction is not bad speech TO THEM

In all of this I do not hear a convincing condemnation of the killing

Presumably you support it

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by seunmsg(m): 8:26am On May 13, 2022
The OP is a terrorist and a supporter of the barbaric killing. So, what’s wrong in what she said? If a group was created to discuss issues related to test, why post about prophet? Even if she did anything wrong, is it right to murder her in cold blood over a group post?

See OP, your prophet is a stupid asshole pedophile who can’t even fight for himself. He’s so weak he has to order those animals to kill the defenseless girl on his behalf. You should be ashamed of yourself for opening this silly thread to defend murder. Nemesis will catch up with those murderers and folks like you that supported them.

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by christistruth01: 8:27am On May 13, 2022
Govt should now return all missionary schools and colleges to their Churches

So that Christians can school without fear of being lynched or kidnapped by exremists like in Chibok

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by muykem: 8:28am On May 13, 2022
My question is that, is Allah actually happy about killing people for blasphemy him? If yes then that Allah is callous, evil and wicked than satan.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Odingo1: 8:32am On May 13, 2022
Muslims always killing for their god Mohammed

12 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by sal1974: 8:34am On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:

These guys should be investigated, and thoroughly dealt with to serve as deterrents to their likes, you can't always turn to violent for every provocations

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:37am On May 13, 2022
I don't know what El Rufai said but because he said it doesn't mean it's Islamic and cannot be condemned.

This is what we read in the Qur'an

(Q6 V106 - 108)

Follow, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you from your Lord - there is no deity except Him - and turn away from those who associate others with Allah .

But if Allah had willed, they would not have associated. And We have not appointed you over them as a guardian, nor are you a manager over them.

And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah, lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. Thus We have made pleasing to every community their deeds. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them about what they used to do.

However any words that'll cause crises should be shun, our understanding and emotion is different.

Cc Agwotulumbe
excanny:

This is not exactly what she said. You added yours. Idiot mosrat.

Show me your posts where you condemned the rhetorics of El Rufai against Jesus or else you’re just a murderous hypocrite like your ills.

1 Like

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:39am On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:
The simple truth is that not everyone believes in God or prophets and all of that .Some believe it is nonsense and they should have the right to say so. Muslims and Christians abuse atheists all the time. They are also disrespectful of traditional religions callieng their deities idols , fetish etc and their adherents Kaffir, infidels, pagans etc

So the concept of blasphemy should be reciprocal . Preaching that there is a God somewhere is blasphemous to the atheist. Preaching that Jesus is not God is blasphemous to the Christian

In a country like Nigeria you cannot insist your own beliefs are protected by blasphemy rules whilst retaining the right to revise other people's beliefs.

You believe he is a prophet but you do not think calling Jesus a prophet is insulting to some? You do not believe calling Ogun an idol is insulting
There is no proof that there is any God. It is a belief system wit different doctrines and all doctrines in some way offend another doctrine.
Those who believe there is no God, no prophets or messenger are basically saying they believe those stories are lies

Who defines bad speech the speaker or the person who is offended. The truth is the speaker do not accept that their speech is bad that is your view

So by that logic you should accept calling Jesus whom Christians call God a prophet is Bad speech to them but you do not accept that and by a similar token you must accept when people say they believe the Quran is fiction is not bad speech TO THEM

I'm sorry but I'm trying to comprehend your words. So, what's your point?! What's the way forward for religious tolerance in Nigeria?!
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by christistruth01: 8:54am On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:

Like I said the essence is to analyse what she said. One wonders, was she deliberately trying to start a religious crisis thinking it wouldn't go beyond the usual social media banter against Muslims?

So it is important to state that I condemn the act of taking laws into one's hand, but also condemn any form of instigation and inciting speech against anyone, Muslims and non Muslims alike

Your People are raiding Churches burning them down and kidnapping the Pastors and killing Christians who never provoked them

What is this?
https://saharareporters.com/2022/05/12/terror-group-islamic-state-releases-video-showing-execution-20-nigerian-christians-

7 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 8:59am On May 13, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

I'm sorry but I'm trying to comprehend your words. So, what's your point?! What's the way forward for religious tolerance in Nigeria?!

We may have to break up
We have Islam in Yorubaland too but rarely have this nonsense .
The Northerners have their own beliefs and we are not compatible

9 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by helinues: 9:01am On May 13, 2022
Can't Allah or Muhammed fight for themselves.. There is no justification with that barbaric act

Northerners are yet to know how this kind of religion intolerance is drawing their region backward

7 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by haffaze777(m): 9:07am On May 13, 2022
This is trash, anybody can insult anybody he likes,why should I fight someone because he or she insulted Allah or his prophet?that's absolutely madness.i'm a Muslim myself but I will leave the conversation the moment I see that you abuse my religion or God,I can't fight for them and I won't even try to stop you from continue your insult,atleast you Sha can't stop me from leaving the spot?so op all you wrote up there is trash.

26 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Bosenan: 9:08am On May 13, 2022
OP from the voice note she left it is obvious there was an event that had happened beforehand that nobody is disclosing yet.

RIP to her and condolences to her family. May justice be served to the perpetrators of such despicable act

6 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by rayvelez(m): 9:09am On May 13, 2022
Useless thread any negative thing against thr is prophet is haram but they can abuse Jesus. Useless religion always causing mayhem around the world.

5 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by haffaze777(m): 9:12am On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:

God bless you for this wonderful submission,I don't know the problem of this northern Muslims,when will they evolve from this barbaric act

14 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:16am On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:

We may have to break up
We have Islam in Yorubaland too but rarely have this nonsense .
The Northerners have their own beliefs and we are not compatible

If we break up, it will result to instability in the African continent. I believe the country has to tame the North. I don't understand why the Southerners are scared of the North and always trying to please the North.

The south is actually stronger than the North but they don't know. They don't know how powerful they're. The North actually can be tamed and their power checked.

3 Likes

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by 9jahotblog: 9:18am On May 13, 2022
Lol funny silent extremist. So who owns this verified facebook and Twitter handle then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ojukwu’s Death Is A Big Loss To Nigeria - Fashola / Shameful Conduct Of Nigeria Policemen / Senators To Discourage Monopoly In Free Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.