Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. (7481 Views)

See The Winner Of Presidential Election Next Year….critical Analysis. / Tee Mac’s Comment That “Tinubu Is 86 Years”, Is Just A Mere Gossip.. / Voice Note That Led To Deborah Samuel Being Killed For Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Miracle2022: 3:43pm On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:
I am not here to discuss the incident of her death, but rather the comment that triggered it.
So if you are unable to deconstruct and analyse issues without sentiments, this is not for you.

Below is a translation of what she said verbatim. I have removedthe expletives she used:

Like I said the essence is to analyse what she said. One wonders, was she deliberately trying to start a religious crisis thinking it wouldn't go beyond the usual social media banter against Muslims?

I ask this because for some one trying to stop religious posts in a chat group do you start by saying "Holy ghost fire"? This is self contradiction.
Secondly, after making your point on not posting religious materials in the chat, why on earth did she had to insult the prophet (peace be upon him)

It is a fact that Muslims revere the Prophets of Allah more than anything in this world, and the prophet of Islam occupies a special place in their heart.

It is also a fact that although ignorant people have over time and in different places used bad words against the prophet (PBUH), no Muslim worth the name dear mention great prophets like Moses, Ezekiel etc without saying "peace be upon them or "Alaihim Salaam" or AS, not to think of using bad speech against them

So it is important to state that I condemn the act of taking laws into one's hand, but also condemn any form of instigation and inciting speech against anyone, Muslims and non Muslims alike
you are a fool. The group is not for religion, if they want to post religion matter,why can't them open another wassup group in that respect.

1 Like

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Matrixlord2021: 3:45pm On May 13, 2022
It's unfortunate,Muslims have always been defending Prophet Muhammad who is in Hell fire burning,NO OFFENCE!!!
truth is Jesus Christ said,the time will come that whoseoever killeth thee would think he is doing Gods service!!
All these things would they(Muslims) do unto toy because they have not know me nor the Father .
Muslims and All those who supported her killings should ask themselves this question!!!
Would Allah bless them for killings ?
Would Allah defend them on judgment day?
We know Satan is the god of this earth and all other gods are under him.
Am not surprised that Jesus Christ said "ye are of your Father the devil,for he was A MURDERER from the beginning and ye do the works of your Father ye seek to kill me a man who came from God.
Jesus Christ said the words he speaks are of God.
Yet the Jews and Jihadists sought to kill him so their sin remains.
Deborah is a sheep that was accounted worthy of slaughter" christians don't resist Being killed.
She would be somewhere in the Bossom of her Abraham where her soul is now resting
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Shevchenkko: 3:46pm On May 13, 2022
Odingo1:
Muslims always killing for their god Mohammed
I see muslims as fools. You know why ? Any body that fights for a god he serves is not mentally sound.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by ba7man(m): 3:50pm On May 13, 2022
I'm sorry but I have to conclude that Islam is a barbaric religion that has refused to evolve with time, hence they're stuck in the ancient era where barbaric acts such as this lynching and burning of that poor girl is justified.

Because of one dead man that wrote a book, extrajudicial killings is now the Islamic norm, right?

Justifying this act only make more people hate Islam and It's worshippers.

Na only una dey Ni?? Other Religions dey but Islam Sha....... Very angry religion.

1 Like

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by TheNiceGuy(m): 3:51pm On May 13, 2022
We?

Blasphemy/insulting what's sacred to others (what other people worship) is frowned at in Islam. unIslamic

Just an observation, her killings is not justified
LegendHero:
This thread is opened by a chronic Islamic fanatics and a potential terrorist.

So because she abused the prophet, we can then justify her murder by senseless people? Haba nao.

If the Ifa worshippers too now start killing people for blasphemy, do you know how many of people like you will die because every day we blaspheme against their gods too.

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by onatisi(m): 4:06pm On May 13, 2022
i will disagree with you on some points . we must look at the motive behind her comments , in the first instance , posting religious contents in a whatsapp group meant for academic purposes is totally wrong and out of line and order .
if such post hadnt been posted in that whatsapp group , it is very certain that she wouldnt have made such regrettable and provocative comments or statement , she was only trying to correct a wrong thing with the wrong words .
the second point is her age , it would have been different if maybe she was in her 20s or 30s then one would have said that she ought to know what she should be saying , but this is a teenage girl of just maybe 18years at most , so lets assume that it was a girl or 13 or 15 years of age that did that , does that mean they would have meted out the same punishment ?
i believe bother the person that posted the religious content and deborah , both acted provocatively because the poster knew that some of the group members will be provoked by such contents , lastly these killings have got to stop all in the name of religion

Jideope:
Such a pitiable situation I must say
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:08pm On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:
I am not here to discuss the incident of her death, but rather the comment that triggered it.
So if you are unable to deconstruct and analyse issues without sentiments, this is not for you.

Below is a translation of what she said verbatim. I have removedthe expletives she used:

Like I said the essence is to analyse what she said. One wonders, was she deliberately trying to start a religious crisis thinking it wouldn't go beyond the usual social media banter against Muslims?

I ask this because for some one trying to stop religious posts in a chat group do you start by saying "Holy ghost fire"? This is self contradiction.
Secondly, after making your point on not posting religious materials in the chat, why on earth did she had to insult the prophet (peace be upon him)

It is a fact that Muslims revere the Prophets of Allah more than anything in this world, and the prophet of Islam occupies a special place in their heart.

It is also a fact that although ignorant people have over time and in different places used bad words against the prophet (PBUH), no Muslim worth the name dear mention great prophets like Moses, Ezekiel etc without saying "peace be upon them or "Alaihim Salaam" or AS, not to think of using bad speech against them

So it is important to state that I condemn the act of taking laws into one's hand, but also condemn any form of instigation and inciting speech against anyone, Muslims and non Muslims alike
mumu in Africa still killing themselves because of foreign gods.
I have always known that the black race is cursed.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:11pm On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:
Goodness me, from the responses above are we so bereft of the capacity to discussing issues in isolation
stfu! Nothing justifies her killing.
You blacks are not fit to live for fighting over foreign gods.
I wish the White man had killed all of you all. Cursed beings!
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by christistruth01: 4:18pm On May 13, 2022

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by JoyousFurnitire(m): 4:35pm On May 13, 2022
Hypocrites and cows

@Saifullah01 you're a murderer-. You only need the opportunity.

TheNiceGuy:
I don't know what El Rufai said but because he said

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by CheedyJ(m): 4:43pm On May 13, 2022
You're a fool mr op
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by mansoor093(m): 4:51pm On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:
There is Islam in Yoruba land where I am from. This is a peculiarly cultural problem in Northern Nigeria
The conclusion for me is that we cannot live in peace in one country and we need to break up so the North can do their thing their PECULIAR way.

We do not have to remain in the same country for ever because we are not compatible

Yes, there are Muslim in Yoruba land, you don't go far insulting the prophet carelessly like that....both act from the girl and the mob is condemnable

We can all live together in peace
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 4:51pm On May 13, 2022
mansoor093:

Yes, there are Muslim in Yoruba land, you don't go far insulting the prophet carelessly like that....both act from the girl and the mob is condemnable

So she deserve to be killed?
How did she insult the prophet?
Is it okay to insult atheists or Ogun Worshippers?
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by mansoor093(m): 4:53pm On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:

My post doesn't justify both actions... pls read my post with open mind

If you insult Ogun, Ogun worshippers will come after you, everyone knows that.

*We can all live in peace
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by RealTalkNoBull: 4:58pm On May 13, 2022
Christians are not followers of Jesus, they’re followers of Paul.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:
Goodness me, from the responses above are we so bereft of the capacity to discussing issues in isolation

you are a typical Muslim hypocrite.

To many Christians , Jesus is God and when you guys call him a prophet it's equivalent to blasphemy -so should we Christian now go about burning every Muslim who calls Jesus a prophet ?
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by mansoor093(m): 5:10pm On May 13, 2022
I think all Christian faithful needs to work on themselves, there are ways they lower the religious standard.

Imagine a church inviting comedians to perform in church... you give room for the comedian to crack jokes with JESUS name, which is totally wrong...

The girl might think such is normal in Islam to call prophet MUHAMMAD (SAW) name anyhow... which is a NO NO

1 Like

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Chibuezem(m): 5:13pm On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:

someone said something to you baba, instead of replying you killed the person.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Chibuezem(m): 5:15pm On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:

Like I said earlier, there are multiple threads denouncing the act already, my aim is to discuss the remote cause.
Whether we like it or nor Muslims are offended by such speech against the prophet of Islam, though their response will vary (and like you pointed out above majority will turn away in disgust).

But my question is why such verbal assaults towards Muslims, and how its an issue that gets little attention
how is that a verbal assault, is holy ghost fire an insult bro. Did she say Allah is a fool or prophet mohammed is a short pig.... No
Hypocrites
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Chibuezem(m): 5:15pm On May 13, 2022
Parachoko:
The girl shouldn't have said what she said about the prophet, Prophet Muhammad(PBUH)

But she does not deserve to be killed.

I listened to her voice note this morning, she should have known better.

I'm not justifying her death, but there is a saying, When You Are In Rome, You Have To Do Like The Romans.

May Her Soul RIP
what did she say about prophet mohammed
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Chibuezem(m): 5:17pm On May 13, 2022
aribisala0:
my bro all Muslims especially AntiChristian are all hypocrites,jihad is their sole aim in this life. Thier imams all reek of human blood.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 5:18pm On May 13, 2022
mansoor093:

My post doesn't justify both actions... pls read my post with open mind

If you insult Ogun, Ogun worshippers will come after you, everyone knows that.

*We can all live in peace
Did she deserve to be killed yes or no
Did she insult anyone? yes or no?
Is it okay to insult atheists yes or no?
Very simple questions
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by PericomaNwankwo: 5:25pm On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:

I always say that no matter how hard you try, you can never hide yourself from you. Behind this deconstruction of yours lies the same sentimental appeal that is common amongst all extremists. You're just one of them, just another bigot that knows English.

1 Like

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by dettolgel: 5:31pm On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:

Like I said earlier, there are multiple threads denouncing the act already, my aim is to discuss the remote cause.
Whether we like it or nor Muslims are offended by such speech against the prophet of Islam, though their response will vary (and like you pointed out above majority will turn away in disgust).

But my question is why such verbal assaults towards Muslims, and how its an issue that gets little attention

Terrorist sympathisers was it not in thid same country that a Muslim insulted Christians on Easter day?

I don't understand on which moral ground that you could open such a thread. You guys are animals for real.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 5:43pm On May 13, 2022
PericomaNwankwo:

I always say that no matter how hard you try, you can never hide yourself from you. Behind this deconstruction of yours lies the same sentimental appeal that is common amongst all extremists. You're just one of them, just another bigot that knows English.
Are you capable of rational debate without name calling
Any fool can call another person names . I do not want to be a fool and I want to believe you are not

Let us leave out all the name calling and focus on issues

What are the issues that you see here?

I do not recall at any point talking about what she said whether to agree with it or not.
Now that you mention it > My view is people have freedom of speech. And if she crossed the line as specified by law then aggrieved persons should complain to police or go to court.

The fact of the matter is that she is dead? Is that right

The other point is this

Christians and Muslims regularly use language that is insulting and offensive to those who practise indigenous religions e.g words like . idol worshipper, infidel, unbeliever Kaffir etc

No one kills Muslims or Christians for that so my view is again all of that falls under freedom of speech

Muslims can talk against what they think is idolatry and vice versa

Also atheists should be free to say they do not think Christianity or Islam are true or indeed that they are lies.

That is the essence of freedom of speech

Do you agree or disagree?
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MetaPhysical: 5:46pm On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:

If you have the exact post from Deborah, put it here in the native language its written, in addition to the english translation.

Merci boucoup
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by MetaPhysical: 5:56pm On May 13, 2022
Saifullah01:

The translation given, if true, will make Deborah guilty of a blasphemous act. It is very insensitive of her residing in a sharia community and disrespecting the culture of the community. That is unacceptable!

It is also unacceptable under Nigerian Constitution, the highest law in the land, for anyone to prosecute offence on the acts of any other subordinate law, for instance Shariah.

The killers of Deborah are known, they must be prosecuted under Nigerian Constitution.
Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by Kwem(m): 6:01pm On May 13, 2022
The question should be, what triggered ( holy ghost fire nothing will happen to us)¿??

Something happened and I think they threatened the girl and her colleague in the group (nothing will happen to us)...
She didn't just wake up to see religious post shouting ( holy ghost fire)...

1 Like

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by AjiBussu(m): 6:05pm On May 13, 2022
You are capping rubbish. The fact it happened in a tertiary institution of level beats my imagination. So much for "educated folks" Very hypocritical home sapiens. Anyone justifying that act in any guise is religious bigot that reasons below the level of an unborn child. F**k y'all.

Modified: Even you op, f**k u 2 for typing all these B.S
Saifullah01:

Re: Critical Analysis Of The Comment That Got Deborah Killed. by aribisala0(m): 6:06pm On May 13, 2022
MetaPhysical:

The translation given, if true, will make Deborah guilty of a blasphemous act. It is very insensitive of her residing in a sharia community and disrespecting the culture of the community. That is unacceptable!

It is also unacceptable under Nigerian Constitution, the highest law in the land, for anyone to prosecute offence on the acts of any other subordinate law, for instance Shariah.

The killers of Deborah are known, they must be prosecuted under Nigerian Constitution.
What is Sharia community? Is there such a thing in Nigerian constitution

You say she is "guilty" of a blasphemous Act . Can you tell us which law in Nigeria codifies blasphemy and the prescribed punishment?

Is it blasphemous to call Ogun an idol and Ogun worshippers as idolaters or Kaffir?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

OMG! This Is Sign That There Will Be War After Election [MUST READ] / MC Oluomo 'shoot Himself In The Leg', Causing Confusion In Lagos, Support PDP / National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.