Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It (14334 Views)

If You Need Full Time PPA Or Part-time In Lagos, ILORIN, Enugu / Corp Members If You're Retained In Your Current PPA Will You Stay? / Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by Medunah: 5:33pm On May 13, 2022
Oga go where you’ll be retained
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by omobolarinwa1(m): 5:40pm On May 13, 2022
BESTScientist1:
JUST AVOID ALL RELIGIOUS FANATICS, apart from that, enjoy your service.
What the future holds for every Nigerian (ex and present) leader that has contributed to the sufferings of the populace.... will have their day with Nigerians soon...... it's a matter of time....The security agents will not save them then.

1 Samuel 15:3 -
“Go and attack the Amalekites! Destroy them and all their possessions. Don't have any pity. Kill their men, women, children, and even their babies. Slaughter there sheeps ...

Jeremiah 18:21

Therefore, give their children over to famine
And deliver them up to the power of the sword;
And let their wives become childless and widowed.
Let their men also be smitten to death,
Their young men struck down by the sword in battle.

Leviticus 20:27
“A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them.”

2 Kings 10:25
Then it came about, as soon as he had finished offering the burnt offering, that Jehu said to the guard and to the royal officers, “Go in, kill them; let none come out.” And they killed them with the edge of the sword; and the guard and the royal officers threw them out, and went to the inner room of the house of Baal.

Leviticus 26:7-9
7 And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword.

8 And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.

9 For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.

Leviticus 20:9
For anyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother; his blood is upon him.

THIS VERSE IS TALKING ABOUT INFIDELITY PEOPLE SHOULD BE STONE TO DEATH...YOU SEE THE STONE OF SOMEONE TO DEATH STARTED EVEN BEFORE THE PEOPLE OF MECCA..

Deuteronomy 22:20-21
But if the thing is true, that evidence of virginity was not found in the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones, because she has done an outrageous thing in Israel by whoring in her father's house. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

FOR A FURTHER TORRY READ FULL VERSE OF Numbers 31
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by Lasisieniola77(m): 5:58pm On May 13, 2022
Thank you
mcdokwe:
Imlo, NYSC is too short a time to be jumping from one place to the other in the name of 'career progression' unless of course there are possibilities of retention after service.

Just like you didn't see much in your current PPA until you got in, you just may leap of the second you get grounded and find something not so desirable.

Goodluck
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by Lasisieniola77(m): 6:00pm On May 13, 2022
Hello everyone, thank you for your contributions from the insults to everything, i appreciate you. So there is a new development in my ppa. I will update soon. Let me get home first.
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by Lasisieniola77(m): 6:01pm On May 13, 2022
Yeah, it does
Realestatevixen:
Even though your narration on the job descriptions doesn't seem so clear, but the second one sounds better
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by snoopz: 6:13pm On May 13, 2022
You can't just change ppa like bra, if you've spent 3 months already, just forget it and wait till end of service
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by Connected1: 7:25pm On May 13, 2022
Lasisieniola77:
Hello Nairaland,

i am a corp member recently redeployed to lagos so i got an offer to serve in a firm, so after i started the job, i noticed that i don't like the job description and there is no career progression in the job but the job has flexibility.

So i got another place in which they are into advertisement and marketing. In this new place there is a lot to learn and mind you the cost of transportation is the same to the first place and the salary is quite similar.

I don't know if i should change or i should still maintain where my current ppa. So in my ppa, the job description is to search for content and send to people who then post it on the website while the second job description is to monitor the social media of brands like how their advert is doing maybe their traffic on their social media due to the paid ads.

So i really don't know.
Go for the second one.

Everything about it beats the first one, well except for the transportation.

Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by ZIAZI(m): 7:32pm On May 13, 2022
Lasisieniola77:
Hello Nairaland,

i am a corp member recently redeployed to lagos so i got an offer to serve in a firm, so after i started the job, i noticed that i don't like the job description and there is no career progression in the job but the job has flexibility.

So i got another place in which they are into advertisement and marketing. In this new place there is a lot to learn and mind you the cost of transportation is the same to the first place and the salary is quite similar.

I don't know if i should change or i should still maintain where my current ppa. So in my ppa, the job description is to search for content and send to people who then post it on the website while the second job description is to monitor the social media of brands like how their advert is doing maybe their traffic on their social media due to the paid ads.

So i really don't know.

Guy, which one will be comfortable for you? That's what you should think of first.

I changed my PPA because I almost died from the stress on top common 10k. I had to go back to my LGI and begged for a change of PPA.

MY ADVICE IS FOR YOU TO STAY FAR AWAY FROM A PLACE THAT YOUD BE STRESSED.

No let anybody overwork you just because you're a corper.
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by Lasisieniola77(m): 7:35pm On May 13, 2022
Thank you. The thing is that i will just sit one place and be searching for content
ZIAZI:

Guy, which one will be comfortable for you? That's what you should think of first.

I changed my PPA because I almost died from the stress on top common 10k. I had to go back to my LGI and begged for a change of PPA.

MY ADVICE IS FOR YOU TO STAY FAR AWAY FROM A PLACE THAT YOUD BE STRESSED.

No let anybody overwork you just because you're a corper.
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by saxby(f): 7:36pm On May 13, 2022
Pray about it and follow your heart, you never can tell where your present PPA will lead you too. Meanwhile, have you heard of the new green store Oraimo wants to open? Omoh getting their original products just got easier.

Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by MrCover: 7:50pm On May 13, 2022
Start Hustling Now, 33k na Small money
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by Lasisieniola77(m): 8:12pm On May 13, 2022
It's just two weeks
snoopz:
You can't just change ppa like bra, if you've spent 3 months already, just forget it and wait till end of service
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by Jaculze(m): 8:36pm On May 13, 2022
The one for Advertising and marketing will offer you a great deal of career projection. Try it out.

If you are in Abuja, you should grab the chance to visit the experience center. It will be opening in 2days times

Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by Lasisieniola77(m): 9:37pm On May 13, 2022
[okay, the new development is that in mh present ppa, my Company hr called me that she felt the pay doesn't is not good that the company wants to increase my pay and also i should tell her how i am finding the job.
Anywhere, i told her that i got a better offer and there is a career path in the offer too. Immediately, she called the overall manager and she later came to me that they are going to change my job to social media manager. I said it's okay since i won't be on the laptop doing nothing.
So she said they will make a decision on Monday.

And uquote author=Lasisieniola77 post=112787461]Hello Nairaland,

So i really don't know. [/quote]
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by Lasisieniola77(m): 9:38pm On May 13, 2022
I really want to know too
THURAFTERNOON:
Pls to our elder dad and mum on NL, I really know PPA can be a great opportunity for some and otherwise for the rest… but what are the sure pointers to staying with a PPA while having career growth, connection and money in mind when serving ?
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by Lasisieniola77(m): 9:39pm On May 13, 2022
okay, the new development is that in mh present ppa, my Company hr called me that she felt the pay doesn't is not good that the company wants to increase my pay and also i should tell her how i am finding the job.
Anywhere, i told her that i got a better offer and there is a career path in the offer too. Immediately, she called the overall manager and she later came to me that they are going to change my job to social media manager. I said it's okay since i won't be on the laptop doing nothing.
Lasisieniola77:
Hello Nairaland,

So i really don't know.
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by greggng: 1:53am On May 14, 2022
THURAFTERNOON:
Pls to our elder dad and mum on NL, I really know PPA can be a great opportunity for some and otherwise for the rest… but what are the sure pointers to staying with a PPA while having career growth, connection and money in mind when serving ?

Ppa is a place where corpers are posted after their orientation . In the past people bribe their way in other to influence their posting to a big company , ministry and their main aim is to be retained at the end of their service.

However, this activities of a few started dragging many corners towards the evil act of influencing their posting .The competition became unhealthy . This made the government to announce that almost all the corners should go for teaching .only those on special field ie doctors are exempted.

In a nutshell, you are posted to serve . Not for career growth . You can only talk about career growth when you have gotten employed by an organisation..Every organisation has induction course to put every new comer through .it could be inform of training or otherwise. For now if them say carry block for your ppa, you should obey so that you can successfully service your father land and achieve your main goal ...which is getting your nysc certificate. ..

When I did my service ,is difficult for one to be changing ppa like pant. I don't know how is done in lagos ...our ppa was boldly written in our posting letter . You must ve a concrete reason to reject your posting not what the op stated here .
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by Microwhy: 2:49am On May 14, 2022
Lasisieniola77:
the second job description is to monitor the social media of brands like how their advert is doing maybe their traffic on their social media due to the paid ads.
Bro! Visit Upwork and search Google Ads before you continue reading my answer to your question.
Those that are advising you otherwise don't have any knowledge about the job description in the second company. NYSC is not a scheme design for graduates to make money, its design to carve out a career path for yourself.
Currently taking a course on content creation, Google Ads and other stuffs. If they're not going to pay you in the second company, pay them for you to stay and learn.
Attached picture is one of the slides in the training.

Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:19am On May 14, 2022
Daytonbale:
Rubbish topic, why Did you even use the word[b] mind you[/b]

That's one of the reasons the West keep forcing Nigerians to write IELTS

Nigerians, irrespective of their educational levels, speak one form of rubbish English or the other.
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by Lasisieniola77(m): 7:00am On May 14, 2022
Thank you. I have decided to go with the second company
Microwhy:

Bro! Visit Upwork and search Google Ads before you continue reading my answer your question.
Those that are advising you otherwise don't have any knowledge about the job description in the second company. NYSC is not a shame design for graduate to make money, it design to carve out a career path for yourself.
Currently taking a course on content creation, Google Ads and other stuffs. If they're not going to pay you in the second company, pay them for you to stay and learn.
Attached picture is one of the slides in the training.
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by BisolaA13: 11:01am On May 14, 2022
Your happiness is key, But how would you collect a rejection?
Don't they have policies or do people just enter a company and leave at anytime?
Would they give you a rejection letter considering they are ready to help you have a good time.
I had the same issue about 2 weeks ago and I have decided to chill where I am because they didn't give me rejection and my company has a policy of 1 month notice. They also threatened to report me to NYSC.
You are lucky they even tried talking to you about it.
I think you should calm down because it is not that easy.
I am interested in knowing more about the outcome.
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by BisolaA13: 11:10am On May 14, 2022
It is really spiritual. I have accepted my faith for money.
She is making her leaving very easy forgetting we are talking about NYSC.
1877h:
[s][/s]
Re: Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It by Lasisieniola77(m): 7:16pm On May 17, 2022
So, i have decided to stay in my first PPA and my HR has changed my role. Please if you have any links on social media marketing and digital marketing, please help me

Open Letter To Outgoing Corps Members - Here’s Your Reality Check / 22 Kano Corpers To Repeat Service Year – Coordinator / Why Do Corpers Lack Employment After NYSC?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52