Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,544 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:38 PM

Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? (26997 Views)

UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Munachimso30(m): 1:50am On Jun 19, 2022
digitite:

Thats good to know. I left during the revolution. I miss the affordable lifestyle and could visit again for business. I have been to Egypt 3 times.
How’s business over there, like how much can can someone start with ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 7:03am On Jun 19, 2022
Munachimso30:

How’s business over there, like how much can can someone start with ?

Business is easy and cheap to run there. If you have a good template, you can start with $1000 ( 6 months plan before you start profiting, although it can be instant depending on your expertise. Just look for an african or others to share rent with and pay your share of $100 a month. And use it to always renew your permit but try to learn French, Arabic, Greek, Italian and Hebrew. These are the peoples heritage.

Gas, electricity, water and internet ( unlimited including wifi ) is cheap. Highest you pay a month for all these is $30 . If you want to share guest house with backpackers from all over the world, you can get for $5 per day downtown Tahir square.

Before AirBnB became popular, I ran the service by accommating tourist, sports and businessmen that paid me since i lived in a secured estate and kept my apartment clean.

I also did import and export brokerage by bringing in goods, clearing and shipping them to Nigeria as their tariff is very low and most goods and services are subsidized. Their Pharmaceuticals is great if they can allow you carry it pending you have license.

Some Nigerians ran Cyber cafe, Grocery stores, Textiles ( Egypt got cotton ), Cargo, football and recruitment agency and they rarely cause trouble. Inflation always low. One hardly go broke or homeless because there is real value for money.

If you earn $1000 a month there and save $500 a month after living very comfortably in an accessible estate, you will detest the West and their overhyped media. Ancient countries is like a school, one is always learning and that makes you earn.

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by JapaProf: 11:13am On Jun 19, 2022
tosaino95:
Research on what ?

Research on the best Japa pathway for you, if you can't, i can help you do it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Tonim(f): 11:33am On Jun 19, 2022
@digitite, Are there many Nigerians in Egypt?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 7:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
Tonim:
@digitite, Are there many Nigerians in Egypt?

Average number of Nigerians are there. No loneliness. Cairo is a great city.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by pat077: 8:11pm On Jun 19, 2022
digitite:

Business is easy and cheap to run there. If you have a good template, you can start with $1000 ( 6 months plan before you start profiting, although it can be instant depending on your expertise. Just look for an african or others to share rent with and pay your share of $100 a month. And use it to always renew your permit but try to learn French, Arabic, Greek, Italian and Hebrew. These are the peoples heritage.

Gas, electricity, water and internet ( unlimited including wifi ) is cheap. Highest you pay a month for all these is $30 . If you want to share guest house with backpackers from all over the world, you can get for $5 per day downtown Tahir square.

Before AirBnB became popular, I ran the service by accommating tourist, sports and businessmen that paid me since i lived in a secured estate and kept my apartment clean.

I also did import and export brokerage by bringing in goods, clearing and shipping them to Nigeria as their tariff is very low and most goods and services are subsidized. Their Pharmaceuticals is great if they can allow you carry it pending you have license.

Some Nigerians ran Cyber cafe, Grocery stores, Textiles ( Egypt got cotton ), Cargo, football and recruitment agency and they rarely cause trouble. Inflation always low. One hardly go broke or homeless because there is real value for money.

If you earn $1000 a month there and save $500 a month after living very comfortably in an accessible estate, you will detest the West and their overhyped media. Ancient countries is like a school, one is always learning and that makes you earn.
what kind of job can someone get that will pay 1000 dollars, they must be white collar jobs right?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by cutieme(m): 8:11pm On Jun 19, 2022
digitite:

Thats good to know. I left during the revolution. I miss the affordable lifestyle and could visit again for business. I have been to Egypt 3 times.
Wow,that's nice ,pls do you know how one could go about getting the visa now?
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by pat077: 8:12pm On Jun 19, 2022
digitite:

is it easy to get jobs and what kind of jobs?
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by ashpanez: 9:47pm On Jun 19, 2022
How can one migrate to Egypt
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Munachimso30(m): 11:16pm On Jun 19, 2022
digitite:

Thanks so much for this, I really appreciate, do you have anyone there that you can connect me with ?
For more details like how to migrate and what major business is cool there
I know much about clothing (textiles)
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Munachimso30(m): 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2022
JapaProf:

Research on the best Japa pathway for you, if you can't, i can help you do it.

Japa to where ? Europe ?
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by JapaProf: 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
Munachimso30:

Japa to where ? Europe ?

If Europe suits you, why not?
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Tonim(f): 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
digitite:

Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 7:51am On Jun 20, 2022
pat077:
what kind of job can someone get that will pay 1000 dollars, they must be white collar jobs right?

Call centre jobs run by westerners. English translator for tourist guides. Cultural artist ( focus on Africa ), Instrumentalist. Driver ( my friend Chuks who later migrated to Ukraine drove for Arab African Bank in Egypt. Freddy worked as a teacher for an American high school. Liason with the Nigerian Embassy, Nigerian Community and Nigerian Egyptian Chamber of Commerce and industry for Foreign affairs, International trade and NGO jobs as well as the general expatriate community ( White, Jews and Asians love Egypt ).

Learn to be a Restaranteur ( Swarwama , Kebab, Cocktail Juice and other mediterennean diets ( Mixture of African, European, Asian and Middle Eastern Cuisine ). You can also work for Western fast foods chains like MCDONALD , KFC as customer representative with your English advantage and also enroll in Arabic language course for a year ($200) and use it to get permit. And as Janitor for 5 star hotels like four seasons ( room for promotion ) but you gotta be trustworthy and get tips from time to time .

Surprisingly, eating out in Egypt is cheaper than cooking at home as you find abundant markets, supermarkets, minishops and fast food joints. You only cook at home if you love fresh foods, I love dry , roasted foods. It was in Egypt that I order food online anytime of the day or night. Or walk into your friends house for a tea or coffee or custard or a can of juice or soft drink with clay's chips or perhaps collect credit from the shopkeeper when they know you. Because there, na only God them trust.

I did IT job (Import/Export brokerage ) there as a Computer Software Technician ( Tech Support ).Diagnosizing, Configuring, Installing, Upgrading, Updating , Maintaining and Marketing of IT systems , products and services ( Import and Export ) and would employ Egyptians including my neighbour's son Khaled as IT consultant, Maxim as Computer Engineer and this Turkisk Egyptian as Networking Engineer.

Thats how we roll. All in all, keep improving your existing skills. Attend Seminars, Conferences and dine and wine with dignitaries because there every body is equal.

If nothing works, then you get call. Just go and register with an evangelical ( Americans ), orthodoxy ( Anglican, Catholic, Synagogue or a Muslim center if you are one and let them train and guide you. I once rented my apartment to a Church of God Mission pastor who came to Egypt to evangelise . RCCG , Living Faith are there and plenty Nigerian muslim scholars of moderate islam. Then I was an Atheist(Philosophy) sha.

25 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 9:18am On Jun 20, 2022
Munachimso30:

Thanks so much for this, I really appreciate, do you have anyone there that you can connect me with ?
For more details like how to migrate and what major business is cool there
I know much about clothing (textiles)

Alot of them got married to foreigners and left. I will mention them cause they might be here on nairaland as I am sure they still travel there for vacation. They are footballers and traders.

Wale ( Switzerland ) , Stan ( Faroe Islands ) , Udi ( Crotia ) , Abel ( Turkey ) , Iyke and Don ( Israel ), Chidi ( Qatar ) , Carlus (Philippines ).

I still have my co-barrck boy there ( Alpacino ), the one and only lover boy who married a Nigerian. Although I lost his contact, since I am sure i will always be back. Meanwhile, if you have good purpose of migrating, get to your intended destination in that country first ( A school, workplace, sports or religion center ) . Its not wise to start connecting yet, they will see you as a liability or talk more , do little kinda of person. But when you get there and visit their neighbourhoods, they will be keen and practical to offer you a hand or link you up.

Migration : Tourist visa ( Egypt issues that a lot pending you have the right hotel reservation; as a lot includes tour perks to the pyramids, pharaoic kingdoms, sphinx, museums and so on ) . When I flew back in 2007 for summer break, I met two Nigerians at the cairo airport and they pleaded I show them around . I had an apartment but did not take them there. I just took them to a cheap hotel and we went on vacation to the pyramids and sinia deserts. Afterwards, the Benin guy left for spain and the Yoruba guy settled there after seeing lots of Yoruba Alahja's doing trading and their husbands who own barbershops and grocery stores. I took them there to treat the Benin guys fuckup for breaching our agreement after i took pictures with my digital camera and he refused to pay. The Yoruba guy was cool sha.

Business: If you want to do business there, keep all your Nigerian documents intact and updated including bank cards, drivers license and so on because you will need them from time to time and they will respect you for that. I know of a Nigerian guy who uses his GTB card to make money by receiving deposits and pulling it out there for clients on commission.

It is important you get certain tools and technologies for international trade; for example, I had accounts with The United Bank ( UK oriented ); they also have Societal General (French ), Arab African, HSBC and plenty others. They can also consider you for a loan if you are crime free and registered with the Egyptian Military Intelligence ( I did the finger printing ). Sometimes, I move around at 2am to 4am to use ATM and network hardly fails.

Business Permit : Another good thing there is houses or offices are furnished when you rent them and you pay monthly with insurance. Every Realtor is attached to a law firm and they can assist you with your signed rental contract to get business permit on your registered address at Mugama ( Immigration centre ) , downtown Cairo .

With that, you can create partnerships with manufacturing and service firms to market their products and services within and outside Egypt at wholesale prices and they pay you your percentage, either in Egyptian pounds for the local market or Dollar for the international markets. Couple of my friends did that, one traded in shoes and sports slippers while the other one building materials.

Textiles: Trade on Shirts, Chinos and Sportwears. Bedsheets and Curtains.

I can only help you with the technicalities of migrating and living in Egypt. Their prices dont fluctuate like modern financial systems as they use ancient measurements especially the indigenous africans and to some extent arabs. That is why food and agriculture is abundant. Ask the Israelites of old because i no come this world to chop only food.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Munachimso30(m): 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2022
digitite:

Alot of them got married to foreigners and left. I will mention them cause they might be here on nairaland as I am sure they still travel there for vacation. They are footballers and traders.

Wale ( Switzerland ) , Stan ( Faroe Islands ) , Udi ( Crotia ) , Abel ( Turkey ) , Iyke and Don ( Israel ), Chidi ( Qatar ) , Carlus (Philippines ).

I still have my co-barrck boy there ( Alpacino ), the one and only lover boy who married a Nigerian. Although I lost his contact, since I am sure i will always be back. Meanwhile, if you have good purpose of migrating, get to your intended destination in that country first ( A school, workplace, sports or religion center ) . Its not wise to start connecting yet, they will see you as a liability or talk more , do little kinda of person. But when you get there and visit their neighbourhoods, they will be keen and practical to offer you a hand or link you up.

Migration : Tourist visa ( Egypt issues that a lot pending you have the right hotel reservation; as a lot includes tour perks to the pyramids, pharaoic kingdoms, sphinx, museums and so on ) . When I flew back in 2007 for summer break, I met two Nigerians at the cairo airport and they pleaded I show them around . I had an apartment but did not take them there. I just took them to a cheap hotel and we went on vacation to the pyramids and sinia deserts. Afterwards, the Benin guy left for spain and the Yoruba guy settled there after seeing lots of Yoruba Alahja's doing trading and their husbands who own barbershops and grocery stores. I took them there to treat the Benin guys fuckup for breaching our agreement after i took pictures with my digital camera and he refused to pay. The Yoruba guy was cool sha.

Business: If you want to do business there, keep all your Nigerian documents intact and updated including bank cards, drivers license and so on because you will need them from time to time and they will respect you for that. I know of a Nigerian guy who uses his GTB card to make money by receiving deposits and pulling it out there for clients on commission.

It is important you get certain tools and technologies for international trade; for example, I had accounts with The United Bank ( UK oriented ); they also have Societal General (French ), Arab African, HSBC and plenty others. They can also consider you for a loan if you are crime free and registered with the Egyptian Military Intelligence ( I did the finger printing ). Sometimes, I move around at 2am to 4am to use ATM and network hardly fails.

Business Permit : Another good thing there is houses or offices are furnished when you rent them and you pay monthly with insurance. Every Realtor is attached to a law firm and they can assist you with your signed rental contract to get business permit on your registered address at Mugama ( Immigration centre ) , downtown Cairo .

With that, you can create partnerships with manufacturing and service firms to market their products and services within and outside Egypt at wholesale prices and they pay you your percentage, either in Egyptian pounds for the local market or Dollar for the international markets. Couple of my friends did that, one traded in shoes and sports slippers while the other one building materials.

I can only help you with the technicalities of migrating and living in Egypt. Their prices dont fluctuate like modern financial systems as they use ancient measurements especially the indigenous africans and to some extent arabs. That is why food and agriculture is abundant. Ask the Israelites of old because i no come this world to chop only food.

Wow, thanks for this, more to your elbow
Will be doing my research on how to get my visa, will talk to you when am done
Thanks once again, I appreciate

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Munachimso30(m): 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2022
JapaProf:

If Europe suits you, why not?

Light me on
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by BigBashiru: 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
digitite:

Which country is this please??
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 3:41pm On Jun 20, 2022
BigBashiru:

Which country is this please??

Egypt.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 3:42pm On Jun 20, 2022
Munachimso30:

Wow, thanks for this, more to your elbow
Will be doing my research on how to get my visa, will talk to you when am done
Thanks once again, I appreciate

Alright. Goodluck.
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Munachimso30(m): 9:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
digitite:

Alright. Goodluck.
Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by JapaProf: 2:52pm On Jun 22, 2022
Munachimso30:

Please specific, what exactly are you saying concerning that Côte d’Ivoire

If France or Belgium is your destination, then Cote d'Ivoire because you can do business while learning French at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Munachimso30(m): 7:44pm On Jun 22, 2022
JapaProf:

If France or Belgium is your destination, then Cote d'Ivoire because you can do business while learning French at the same time.

That’s cool, actually am in Côte d’Ivoire now doing business, it’s not something you will learn today and tomorrow, so it’s something that will take time but once it’s still Nigerian passport bro, matter hard ooh

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Samueltemi337(m): 11:13pm On Jun 22, 2022
Mode99:
which investment can I go into,,with a budget of 2 million....I was thinking,,a hair salon for male and femal
And what stops you from opening one in Naija?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by CrownOfClay724: 6:31am On Jun 24, 2022
PerfectStranger:
Please anyone living around ibeju lekki should quote me

??
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by skylane: 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2022
digitite:

how much will it cost me to move to Egypt maybe school wise,msc am a vet

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2022
skylane:

If I may advice, you can check out German, American, Canadian and British universities in Egypt.

During school breaks, you can travel to these countries, apply for their exchange program or even transfer to further if you like. You can also be posted to do internship or research in their multinational firms, organisations or government agencies.

Vets are respected in Egypt as animal rights are adhered to. You cant see them killing animals in the open. Butcher houses abound with a lot of packaged foods.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by PerfectStranger(m): 11:22pm On Jun 24, 2022
CrownOfClay724:

??
Can you assist me with accommodations for awhile? Once I secure a job I’ll find my way please bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by CrownOfClay724: 7:06am On Jun 25, 2022
PerfectStranger:

Can you assist me with accommodations for awhile? Once I secure a job I’ll find my way please bro

Oh.
Wish I could help.
Have some people in already.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by cutieme(m): 7:34am On Jun 25, 2022
CrownOfClay724:

Oh.
Wish I could help.
Have some people in already.
How is life in Egypt generally and what are the opportunities on ground for an immigrant?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 10:07am On Jun 25, 2022
skylane:

Budget between $1000 to $5000.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month / FAAN Identifies Immigration Officers That Stole From A 14 Year Old Girl / Dangote Trailer Set On Fire In Delta After Killing Three People. Photos

Viewing this topic: nwadikeokey11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.