Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? (27810 Views)

UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by cutieme(m): 11:20am On Jun 25, 2022
digitite:

Budget between $1000 to $5000.
Please how viable is teaching jobs over there and what are the steps to be taken towards living legally there?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by CrownOfClay724: 11:24am On Jun 25, 2022
cutieme:

How is life in Egypt generally and what are the opportunities on ground for an immigrant?

Egypt biti bawo?
Look where you dey go jare

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 12:27pm On Jun 25, 2022
cutieme:

Please how viable is teaching jobs over there and what are the steps to be taken towards living legally there?

As at 2011, they pay $700 per month salary minus allowances to teach high school in English language. You can also take extracurricular classes to earn more. The exchange rate is favourable to the Egyptian pounds.

I got my permit by registering in a computer school renewable every year. Other got their's through Arabic language course. If you enter with tourist visa, they will extend it for you for 3 months, to make a choice of staying or leaving.

When it comes to Digital Documentation of immigration or business processes. No country fears me. I can teach and guide you new ways to do it yourself and get visas but dont spoil it oo.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by cutieme(m): 1:39pm On Jun 25, 2022
digitite:

As at 2011, they pay $700 per month salary minus allowances to teach high school in English language. You can also take extracurricular classes to earn more. The exchange rate is favourable to the Egyptian pounds.

I got my permit by registering in a computer school renewable every year. Other got their's through Arabic language course. If you enter with tourist visa, they will extend it for you for 3 months, to make a choice of staying or leaving.

When it comes to Digital Documentation of immigration or business processes. No country fears me. I can teach and guide you new ways to do it yourself and get visas but dont spoil it oo.
very impressive,I'd like to talk to you via phone, please.
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 1:52pm On Jun 25, 2022
cutieme:
very impressive,I'd like to talk to you via phone, please.

Whatsapp or call ( 08089050196
). If my phone is switched off , know that I am in the mission working. Just drop a message and I will get back to you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 2:11pm On Jun 25, 2022
CrownOfClay724:

Egypt biti bawo?
Look where you dey go jare

I regret coming back even in the dead heat of the revolution.

A can of coke is #50. Chicken #400. Internet per hour #40. Metro or Bus to major centers #30.

I dont think there is any African that compares including South Africa. Living in Egypt makes me fear black dominated African countries.

If you want to enjoy diversity and earn peacefully with value, go and live in Trinidad and Tobago, Canada, France, Switzerland, Mauritius, Egypt. Dont base in a country that is nationalistic cause you will always feel left out.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by CrownOfClay724: 2:38pm On Jun 25, 2022
digitite:

A can of coke is #50. Chicken #400. Internet per hour #40. Metro or Bus to major centers #30.

I dont think there is any African that compares including South Africa. Living in Egypt makes me fear black dominated African countries.

If you want to enjoy diversity and earn peacefully with value, go and live in Trinidad and Tobago, Canada, France, Switzerland, Mauritius, Egypt. Dont base in a country that is nationalistic cause you will always feel left out.

Man,
Alot of sense you made here.

Which do you think would hold more prospects for a Plumber and Pipefitter between Egypt and T&T?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 7:26pm On Jun 25, 2022
CrownOfClay724:

Man,
Alot of sense you made here.

Which do you think would hold more prospects for a Plumber and Pipefitter between Egypt and T&T?

In T & T, you will integrate fast.

As a plumber and pipefitter in Egypt, you will need to study the Arabic language for a year to cater to Egyptian customers in the Estates.

But if you live in Maadi or Zamalek - Huge expatriate and diplomatic community - although rent and other things are slightly higher. Or Central Cairo or Giza - tourist bastions Or Nasr city or New Cairo - Immigrant communities - then you can easily assimilate.

And perhaps, advertise your services online.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by CrownOfClay724: 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2022
digitite:

In T & T, you will integrate fast.

As a plumber and pipefitter in Egypt, you will need to study the Arabic language for a year to cater to Egyptian customers in the Estates.

But if you live in Maadi or Zamalek - Huge expatriate and diplomatic community - although rent and other things are slightly higher. Or Central Cairo or Giza - tourist bastions Or Nasr city or New Cairo - Immigrant communities - then you can easily assimilate.

And perhaps, advertise your services online.

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 8:22pm On Jun 25, 2022
CrownOfClay724:

Thank you very much.

My pleasure.
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by isaacotokhagua: 10:29pm On Jun 25, 2022
Please, explain more on Trinidad and Tobago. Am really interested.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by skylane: 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2022
digitite:

If I may advice, you can check out German, American, Canadian and British universities in Egypt.

During school breaks, you can travel to these countries, apply for their exchange program or even transfer to further if you like. You can also be posted to do internship or research in their multinational firms, organisations or government agencies.

Vets are respected in Egypt as animal rights are adhered to. You cant see them killing animals in the open. Butcher houses abound with a lot of packaged foods.
wow thank you so much am grateful,please the school fees do you think its that expensive?
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2022
skylane:
wow thank you so much am grateful,please the school fees do you think its that expensive?

Universities betweem $1000 to $5000

Institutes : $100 to $900

Just chat me up.
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by skylane: 9:22pm On Jun 26, 2022
digitite:

Universities betweem $1000 to $5000
Institutes : $100 to $900
Just chat me up.
OK how can I chat you up please
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Sheyimann: 3:48am On Jun 27, 2022
digitite:

Nationalistic - how?
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Cousin9999: 8:09am On Jun 27, 2022
Don't listen to the human tr4fficker in here talking about Egypt.

From a human tr4fficking report from the US Department of State about Egypt:

Traffickers subject men and women from South and Southeast Asia and East Africa to forced labor in domestic service, construction, cleaning, and begging, as well as sex trafficking. In 2017, observers reported an increase in West African trafficking victims, although it was unclear if this was the result of increased victim identification or an actual increase in numbers. Male refugees and migrants are vulnerable to exploitative labor practices, including forced labor. Foreign domestic workers – who are not covered under Egyptian labor laws – primarily from Bangladesh, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Nigeria, Sudan, South Sudan, and Sri Lanka are highly vulnerable to forced labor; employers at times require them to work excessive hours, confiscate their passports, withhold their wages, deny them food and medical care, and subject them to physical, sexual, and psychological abuse. Some employers file false claims of theft to further exploit domestic workers. Traffickers subject women and girls, including refugees and migrants from Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and the Middle East to sex trafficking in Egypt. In 2018, an international organization reported Colombian nationals were smuggled into Egypt to work in the entertainment industry, and in 2019, an NGO reported that employers in resort towns, such as Sharm El Sheikh, sexually exploit dancers from Colombia. Refugees from Syria, Sudan, South Sudan, and Yemen who live in Egypt are at risk of trafficking. For example, increasingly traffickers target Syrian refugees who have settled in Egypt for forced child labor, sex trafficking, and transactional marriages of girls that can lead to sexual exploitation, including sex trafficking and forced labor. NGOs reported in January 2020 that unaccompanied minors (UAMs) among the African migrant population are increasingly at risk of trafficking in Egypt; Sudanese gangs reportedly target UAMs to force or coerce the children to sell drugs or commit other petty crimes. Irregular migrants and asylum-seekers from the Horn of Africa, who transit Egypt en route to Europe, are increasingly at risk of trafficking along this migration route. During the reporting period, there were reports trafficking networks fraudulently recruited women from Guinea for employment in Egypt; the traffickers then exploited the women in domestic servitude or sex trafficking.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Cousin9999: 8:13am On Jun 27, 2022
Also, Mauritius is infested with Indians. They're nearly as depraved as west Asians. You don't want to go there, and it's a bizarre joke to compare that place to Canada or Switzerland. Mauritius is also a human tr4fficking hub.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Munachimso30(m): 8:30am On Jun 27, 2022
Cousin9999:
Don't listen to the human tr4fficker in here talking about Egypt.

From a human tr4fficking report from the US Department of State about Egypt:

Traffickers subject men and women from South and Southeast Asia and East Africa to forced labor in domestic service, construction, cleaning, and begging, as well as sex trafficking. In 2017, observers reported an increase in West African trafficking victims, although it was unclear if this was the result of increased victim identification or an actual increase in numbers. Male refugees and migrants are vulnerable to exploitative labor practices, including forced labor. Foreign domestic workers – who are not covered under Egyptian labor laws – primarily from Bangladesh, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Nigeria, Sudan, South Sudan, and Sri Lanka are highly vulnerable to forced labor; employers at times require them to work excessive hours, confiscate their passports, withhold their wages, deny them food and medical care, and subject them to physical, sexual, and psychological abuse. Some employers file false claims of theft to further exploit domestic workers. Traffickers subject women and girls, including refugees and migrants from Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and the Middle East to sex trafficking in Egypt. In 2018, an international organization reported Colombian nationals were smuggled into Egypt to work in the entertainment industry, and in 2019, an NGO reported that employers in resort towns, such as Sharm El Sheikh, sexually exploit dancers from Colombia. Refugees from Syria, Sudan, South Sudan, and Yemen who live in Egypt are at risk of trafficking. For example, increasingly traffickers target Syrian refugees who have settled in Egypt for forced child labor, sex trafficking, and transactional marriages of girls that can lead to sexual exploitation, including sex trafficking and forced labor. NGOs reported in January 2020 that unaccompanied minors (UAMs) among the African migrant population are increasingly at risk of trafficking in Egypt; Sudanese gangs reportedly target UAMs to force or coerce the children to sell drugs or commit other petty crimes. Irregular migrants and asylum-seekers from the Horn of Africa, who transit Egypt en route to Europe, are increasingly at risk of trafficking along this migration route. During the reporting period, there were reports trafficking networks fraudulently recruited women from Guinea for employment in Egypt; the traffickers then exploited the women in domestic servitude or sex trafficking.

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed, thanks so much, have been planning seriously on how to migrate to Egypt, ndi Egypt bye !!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Munachimso30(m): 8:31am On Jun 27, 2022
Cousin9999:
Also, Mauritius is infested with Indians. They're nearly as depraved as west Asians. You don't want to go there, and it's a bizarre joke to compare that place to Canada or Switzerland. Mauritius is also a human tr4fficking hub.
Chaiii people heartless ooh, bad government all over

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 9:03am On Jun 27, 2022
Sheyimann:

Nationalistic - how?

Britain for the Brit. America for Americans. Systematic discrimination.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by PerfectStranger(m): 11:20pm On Jun 27, 2022
CrownOfClay724:

Oh.
Wish I could help.
Have some people in already.
Bro I really need an accommodation for awhile, I’d be the happiest if I just see where to put my head, once I secure a job I’ll sort myself out
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Mozino007(m): 12:51pm On Nov 28, 2022
digitite:
For me, Egypt anytime, anyday. Food , housing, transportation, services and ICT cheap.

Women work as home makers . Men work in factories and english language jobs or start a business.
pls give me your watsapp number
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 6:57pm On Nov 30, 2022
Mozino007:
pls give me your watsapp number

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by maci(m): 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2022
PerfectStranger:
Please anyone living around ibeju lekki should quote me

What do you want bro...??
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Perfectnumber6(m): 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2022
digitite:

Business is easy and cheap to run there. If you have a good template, you can start with $1000 ( 6 months plan before you start profiting, although it can be instant depending on your expertise. Just look for an african or others to share rent with and pay your share of $100 a month. And use it to always renew your permit but try to learn French, Arabic, Greek, Italian and Hebrew. These are the peoples heritage.

Gas, electricity, water and internet ( unlimited including wifi ) is cheap. Highest you pay a month for all these is $30 . If you want to share guest house with backpackers from all over the world, you can get for $5 per day downtown Tahir square.

Before AirBnB became popular, I ran the service by accommating tourist, sports and businessmen that paid me since i lived in a secured estate and kept my apartment clean.

I also did import and export brokerage by bringing in goods, clearing and shipping them to Nigeria as their tariff is very low and most goods and services are subsidized. Their Pharmaceuticals is great if they can allow you carry it pending you have license.

Some Nigerians ran Cyber cafe, Grocery stores, Textiles ( Egypt got cotton ), Cargo, football and recruitment agency and they rarely cause trouble. Inflation always low. One hardly go broke or homeless because there is real value for money.

If you earn $1000 a month there and save $500 a month after living very comfortably in an accessible estate, you will detest the West and their overhyped media. Ancient countries is like a school, one is always learning and that makes you earn.

Can one school and work in Egypt want to send my Cousin brother there for his masters he's about 24 years old.
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by digitite: 7:18pm On Dec 04, 2022
Perfectnumber6:

Can one school and work in Egypt want to send my Cousin brother there for his masters he's about 24 years old.

Yeah.
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by PerfectStranger(m): 12:00am On Dec 05, 2022
maci:

What do you want bro...??
Ok I had a job offer there so I needed a little space for just a month before sorting my self out coz I’m in a different state.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by maci(m): 5:40pm On Dec 05, 2022
PerfectStranger:

Ok I had a job offer there so I needed a little space for just a month before sorting my self out coz I’m in a different state.

With which firm or company...? The exact area/location you're to work..??

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by PerfectStranger(m): 11:13pm On Dec 05, 2022
maci:

It was stretforthill at Ibeju lekki. Got the job through LinkedIn.
I was interviewed online and passed but I didn’t have an accommodation so I missed the job.
Tho they’re other job openings there but I’m in a different state, just needed a little space for at least a month. The moment I secure a job I’ll sort my self out.
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by PerfectStranger(m): 4:57am On Dec 06, 2022
maci:

If you’re willing to help we can video chat exclusively on WhatsApp.
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by vibrant99(m): 5:40pm On Dec 08, 2022
Beware of all these people telling you not to go here and go there, most of them no fit even pay the Visa fee and talk more of traveling....

I remember My first trip out of Nigeria.....

I got a Visa to go to Moscow, and I was looking for reviews, My GAWD!!!..... Nigerians are not nice, they spoilt Russians and called them all sorts of names and said they are racist, one guy even shared his experience.

Oh, Moscow happened to be the best place I have ever been on earth, Lovely, nice, and energetic people, ...they will be staring at you on a Train because you may be the only black person on a Train at some point, in a situation, one little girl ran to me and hugged me.

Their police respected me and they thought I was black American, if you go to KFC you could be the only black person in the store in the Moscow area at some point, sincerely I enjoyed myself..... You could literally just talk to a Russian girl and take her home or follow her home, it was that easy.

You see all this junkies here giving advice what to do or not to Do, just ignore them, if an somalia u wan go, just go!

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

40 Lagos-bound Travellers From Kano Intercepted At Niger / Petrol Thief Falls Inside Tanker, Dies / Truck Rams Into Volkswagen In Kogi. 15 Cows Dead (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.