Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,211 members, 7,780,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:22 PM

Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court (16262 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu And Wife Denied Bail By UK Court (Video) / Outrage As Policemen Carry Unconscious Farah Dagogo To Court (Photos) / Wike Declares Farah Dagogo Wanted, He Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by Georgry(m): 3:23am On May 14, 2022
The prosecution of Mr Farah Dagogo for allegedly sponsoring cultism in Rivers State has taken a new twist, as a State High Court on Friday remanded him in a correctional centre.

He was remanded by the court on Friday, a day after a Federal High Court on Thursday ordered that he should be released on bail.

Dagogo is the lawmaker representing Degema-Bonny Federal Constituency of Rivers in the House of Representatives, and a governorship aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

He was reported to have been hand-lifted into the courtroom from a police vehicle during his arraignment before Justice Chiwendu Nwogu.

Justice Nwogu ordered that the governorship aspirant be remanded in a correctional centre because he appeared too weak to take his plea.

In his reaction, Dagogo’s media aide, Ibrahim Lawal, described the lawmaker’s remand as a pre-determine action by the Rivers State government and the police to disobey the order of the Federal High Court which initially granted him bail.

Dagogo was arrested on April 28 in Port Harcourt at the venue of the PDP governorship screening for the South-South states.

His arrest came after Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers declared him wanted for reportedly recruiting cultists to attack the state party secretariat during the screening of National and State Assembly aspirants.

The lawmaker was first arraigned before Justice A. I Amadi-Nna of a Magistrate Court on April 29, but the case was adjourned till May 9 for the charge to be amended following arguments that a Magistrate Court cannot hear matters relating to cultism.

On the adjourned date, the case was moved to the State High Court, but Dagogo could not be produced in court on the ground that he was being managed for some health challenges.

While the case was later adjourned till Monday next week for mention at the Rivers State High Court, the matter was brought forward for Friday.
Source;
https://www.channelstv.com/2022/05/13/rivers-court-remands-lawmaker-granted-bail-by-federal-court/

1 Share

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by Johnames: 3:28am On May 14, 2022
Wike don change the story

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by Aufbauh(m): 3:37am On May 14, 2022
Wike's Presidency will be purportedly the return of a shadowy military dictatorship.
The worst of it is that, he's notorious for interfering & compromising the judicial process.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by Xscape1993(m): 3:51am On May 14, 2022
Nigeria is a mad country and needs a mad president....

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by Administration1: 5:57am On May 14, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by Moferere: 6:14am On May 14, 2022
Johnames:
Wike don change the story

That's why Wike is called the LESSON TEACHER

You doubt me, ask Igbos in oyigbo grin

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by opera1(m): 6:36am On May 14, 2022
What we read and study on the RULE OF Law is totally different from what we are practicing in reality in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by Pele10: 7:35am On May 14, 2022
Wike the wicket,
Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by BAZ001: 7:35am On May 14, 2022
Dagogo supppse go learn from fayose or Dino
But Nigeria police no try grin “ they hand carried an unconscious man from car to court grin
Na by fire by force
Nigeria must be a laughing stock to other countries... different drama every day grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by Boyooosa(m): 7:36am On May 14, 2022
Wike
Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by Nobody: 7:36am On May 14, 2022
NKECHI BLESSING REVEAL HOW CLEAN SHE IS AFTER EX'S ACCUSED HER OF BEEN DIRTY AND HOW HER EX'S CRY ON HER ON THE BED (WATCH VIDEO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbM8pXH1aQk

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by Sabadon(m): 7:36am On May 14, 2022
You sure say wike ready for presidency like this so? undecided

1 Like

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by AfroKnight: 7:36am On May 14, 2022
Wicked Wike.

Is anyone surprised though. The events that led to his emergence as governor 8 years ago are still fresh.

He can’t even win the primaries in PDP anyway so Nigeria is safe from him.

5 Likes

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by dahnimoh(m): 7:37am On May 14, 2022
K
Is this the kind of person that we vote for president.
Idi Amin will be better than this.

3 Likes

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by KingsCity: 7:37am On May 14, 2022
Something tells me this man bribes judges

I no get evidence o, so don't quote me

5 Likes

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by Mumusaphire: 7:37am On May 14, 2022
Life drama. Wike for president. Nigeria need this type as president. Masses will enjoy, while our oppressors will be running helter skelter.

4 Likes

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by Chuksaluta(m): 7:39am On May 14, 2022
Aufbauh:
Wike's Presidency will be purportedly the return of a shadowy military dictatorship.
The worst of it is that, he's notorious for interfering & compromising the judicial process.
What do we Nigerians want? A cultist gets sick all of a sudden in court but a Governor with balls is taking him head on, still we complain. I ask again, what do we want?

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by Mrbenny001: 7:39am On May 14, 2022
Judicial compromise is the greatest threat to democracy...

2 Likes

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by Nobody: 7:40am On May 14, 2022
Aufbauh:
did wike tell you that he is contesting to win ?
Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by duduade: 7:40am On May 14, 2022
KingsCity:
Something tells me this man bribes judges

I no get evidence o, so don't quote me

Seems to be suspicious
Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:44am On May 14, 2022
How Rivers Governor, Wike Connived With Police Commissioner To Forcefully Bring Farah Dagogo To Court Despite Bail Orders – Lawmaker’s Aide

https://www.nairaland.com/7125955/wike-connived-police-commissioner-force#112814421
Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by nokspos: 7:45am On May 14, 2022
i'll vote for wike, i'm a yoruba
Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by bavato6053: 7:46am On May 14, 2022

How To Start A Career In Cyber Security, Networking, Data Science For Free

https://www.nairaland.com/7125909/how-start-career-cyber-security#112813273

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by henry247(m): 7:46am On May 14, 2022
Farah dagogo's case reminds me of Man-city ghen-ghen pressing Atletico Madrid in their champions league match�. Despite using a 5-5-0 formation, na hell fire visit dem. Now, Farah is about to be smothered by the courts
Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by kcdendelo: 7:54am On May 14, 2022
But Wait o, i thought this guy is a federal law maker? How can a federal lawmaker be manhandled like this?

6 Likes

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:07am On May 14, 2022
Chuksaluta:

What do we Nigerians want? A cultist gets sick all of a sudden in court but a Governor with balls is taking him head on, still we complain. I ask again, what do we want?
They want a president that will be shining teeth with criminals and terrorist.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by HolyHero: 8:09am On May 14, 2022
A man accused of recruiting cultist to attack his own party secretariat shouldn’t be walking freely.

He has a chance to defend himself in court.. if he’s found innocent he can counter-sue the River state government..

Sponsoring cultism and inciting violence is a serious allegation…

Y’all are supporting him because y’all are cultist or hypocritical…

People like the accused are the ones that sponsor cultism that has resulted to the death of thousands of innocent people and destruction of properties…

If he’s innocent the court will vindicate him.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by HolyHero: 8:10am On May 14, 2022
kcdendelo:
But Wait o, i thought this guy is a federal law maker? How can a federal lawmaker be manhandled like this?
he wasn’t manhandled… he was carried carefully and gently

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by ObosiLandlord(m): 8:10am On May 14, 2022
Chuksaluta:

HolyHero:
A man accused of recruiting cultist to attack his own party secretariat shouldn’t be walking freely.

He has a chance to defend himself in court.. if he’s found innocent he can counter-sue the River state government..

Sponsoring cultism and inciting violence is a serious allegation…

Y’all are supporting him because y’all are cultist or hypocritical…

People like the accused are the ones that sponsor cultism that has resulted to the death of thousands of innocent people and destruction of properties…

If he’s innocent the court will vindicate him.

A Federal High Court have told the Police to set him free.

The police and the Government had no right to take him before a State high court again.

The guy should just head to the Appeal Court

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farah Dagogo: Rivers Court Remands Lawmaker Granted Bail By Federal Court by LegacyB: 8:18am On May 14, 2022
Moferere:

That's why Wike is called the LESSON TEACHER

You doubt me, ask Igbos in oyigbo grin
I hope you’re not extolling his tyrannical virtues here. Just give him 1 more year and I will believe the LESSON TEACHER nonsense if he can wield same power. POWER IS TRANSIENT you know!!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I’m Yet To Be Briefed On Innoson Chairman’s Arrest – AGF / Orji Uzor Kalu Arrives Katsina Ahead Of His Official Turbaning / Onne Sea Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.