Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video (40489 Views)

Sami Court: ₦115K Per Night Hotel At Abuja Airport / Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) / Buhari Completes The 10-Lane Superhighway Linking Port Harcourt & Oyigbo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by Ijaya123: 9:36am On May 15, 2022
mooremoney:
Goodluck Jonathan is the best that ever happened to this country. He respected rule if law, gave so much attention to education. Try to educate the north but their stupidity didn't allow gain from him. Pictures coming out from the north looks as if it's 1965. The north will forever remain backward and parasite until they embrace education.

Jonathan was an expensive mistake. Never again. You people think everyone has short memory like you.

He gave so much attention to education yet ASSU eent on strike for about 6 months.
And which rule of law are you talking about? You must be a clown to even mention that.

Second base abeg.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by ivandragon: 9:37am On May 15, 2022
In a country of poor to mediocre leaders, GEJ stood out. He was at best, a mediocre leader.

Given his background, education, ethnicity & experience, he performed poorly... but still better than the present one...

1 Like

Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by SocialJustice: 9:37am On May 15, 2022
Balistic4:
So we should throw him away?
I never said that but you're free to run wild with your imagination.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by abobote: 9:37am On May 15, 2022
olayinka63:
But they said Elrufai laid Abuja city plan when he was Minister of FCT
Abuja master plan, that doesn't imply he built every where
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by samista: 9:39am On May 15, 2022
Which one did be build in Bayelsa? Foolishness

1 Like

Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by Yankee101: 9:40am On May 15, 2022
Oga Jonah...no noise...results
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by slivertongue: 9:42am On May 15, 2022
Cognitivereason:

For one road?

In terms of project ..that probably the only thing GEJ started and completed in his tenure

Overall history will be fair to him. Somebody started Abj as a project, governance should be a continuum. When the incumbent leaves his actions would be used to judge him

1 Like

Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by iomoge2(f): 9:42am On May 15, 2022
Some idi..ots are still crossing the road under the pedestrian bridge.
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by watersideboys: 9:42am On May 15, 2022
Olasyke:
When you go to Abuja, you'll know that this was a planned city. That's the thing about foundation, if it's placed well, everything else would align.

It's just that the city should be rid of those illiterate Hausa barbarians. Constituting nuisance with their okada and Keke.

grin grin
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by BigYash: 9:42am On May 15, 2022
Ijaya123:

Jonathan was an expensive mistake. Never again.
If you call Gej a mistake, what will you call the idiot that is currently your president?Although I don't support GEJ coming back. They should allow the north finish the country, so that every region can go form their country..
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by 12345baba(m): 9:42am On May 15, 2022
olayinka63:
But they said Elrufai laid Abuja city plan when he was Minister of FCT
he no lay anything, the plan has been there. It's architects like late Alex ekwueme them designed and planned the city how e go be. Different administrations are just using the master plan to develop the city gradually
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by abc115: 9:43am On May 15, 2022
That was Yaradua project

The Abuja Airport Express-way project embarked upon by the Federal Government will cost N257 billion even as President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua said yesterday that the establishment of the Infra-structure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) by the Federal Govern-ment was a demonstration of its commitment to providing infrastructure in line with the needs of a modern economy.

Yar'Adua disclosed this in Abuja at the official ground breaking ceremony for the commencement of works on the Airport Expressway and Outer Northern Expressway being constructed by the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FC-TA).

...https://allafrica.com/stories/200905150102.html

Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by Hamburgfinest(m): 9:44am On May 15, 2022
[quote author=film3four post=112818923][/quote]. This is pure rubbish,I don’t think they know exactly what is super highway.
I repeat this is laughable,no road sign no road mark,open gutter beside highway this already dangerous,in fact Nigeria is very far from civilisation maybe in next hundred years.
Unless we have a different leadership from what am seeing today.
Mehn we’re very far, and average man is calling this nonsense super highway
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by Ijaya123: 9:45am On May 15, 2022
BigYash:
If you call Gej a mistake, what will you call the idiot that is currently your president now. Although I don't support GEJ coming back. They should allow the north finish the country, so that every region can go form their country..

Buhari is a disaster.

May God forgive me though. I just wish he will be incapacitated so Osinbajo can take over and complete the tenure so people will see what proper governance is all about.
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by victorDanladi: 9:45am On May 15, 2022
SocialJustice:
Jonathan is not contesting. No need for this. People live in countries where super highways connect every city. Google German autobahn network. Na humans dey that country too not angels.
I tell you!
What should be the normal thing connecting all nigerian cities is what we are celebrating here within a city,...rubbish

I live around that axis in Abuja and any time I ply the road I can not but imagine how excellent it would have been if this kind of road connects all cities of the country!

1 Like

Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by KanwuliaExtra: 9:46am On May 15, 2022
Yet, he could not fix the roads to his village!
Yeye de scent!
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by victorDanladi: 9:47am On May 15, 2022
abobote:
The kind road Jonathan did in Abuja was not here. What about the kubwa zuba axis, Gwarimpa side, Gwagwalada and the rest.

Thank God I left Abuja immediately Buhari took over, coz I know he has nothing to offer
Nothing!
I don't think Buhari constructed any new major road in Abuja and the city now look so unkempt.

All FCT minister are always popular from el rufai to bala Muhammad. The current minister is unknown!
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by agabaI23(m): 9:49am On May 15, 2022
SocialJustice:
Jonathan is not contesting. No need for this. People live in countries where super highways connect every city. Google German autobahn network. Na humans dey that country too not angels.
So because they want only one southern term, they are now seeing what they refused to see in 2015? It is all about power to the North.

Jonathan won't win. Go an rest!
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by victorDanladi: 9:50am On May 15, 2022
mooremoney:
Goodluck Jonathan is the best that ever happened to this country. He respected rule of law, gave so much attention to education. Try to educate the north but their stupidity didn't allow them to gain from him. Pictures coming out from the north looks as if it's 1965. The north will forever remain backward and parasite until they embrace education.
Base on my own ranking

1.Obasanjo-his shortcomings is that he invested little on infrastructure and poor electoral process

2.GEJ-shortcoming is slow for my liking

3.yaradua-slowest! ,vindictive and health challenges

4.Buhari-worst in all ramifications
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by abc115: 9:51am On May 15, 2022
The Umaru Musa Yar'adua Expressway formerly known as Airport Road is a 10-lane expressway, reconstructed to address the perennial traffic on the road by late President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua's administration before his death.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umaru_Musa_Yar%27Adua_Expressway

Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by SocialJustice: 9:53am On May 15, 2022
victorDanladi:

I tell you!
What should be the normal thing connecting all nigerian cities is what we are celebrating here within a city,...rubbish

I live around that axis in Abuja and any time I ply the road I can not but imagine how excel it would have been if this kind of road connects all city of the country!
If not for the absolute waste of resources that is called the Nigerian government, we can easily afford a 6 lane highway that links Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Rivers.
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by Sleekfingers: 9:54am On May 15, 2022
film3four:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7HbXOuZGIM

Group Expansion of airport motorway to strengthen the capital city of Abuja

The vision defined in 1976 for the Nigerian capital Abuja still forms the framework for the urban development that Julius Berger has been helping to shape for over 30.

The volume of traffic in Abuja has risen dramatically in recent years, so that the expansion and new construction of the major road link between the capital city of Abuja and its international airport was considered essential for Abuja as the Nigerian capital. Julius Berger was thus commissioned to undertake the construction and extension of the existing motorway to the airport.

The contract for a 26.5 km long section starting at "City Gate" and ending at "Bill Clinton Drive" included the extension of the existing connection to the airport from two to three lanes as well as the construction of a new parallel two-lane expressway in each direction. The connection of the new two-lane expressway to the extended 3-lane motorway is provided by connecting roads. In addition, river bridges, pedestrian bridges, flyovers and underpass bridges as well as bus stations and turning facilities were planned and built.

Future developments such as the Kukwaba National Park was taken into account and incorporated into the design and throughout the construction process, the daily traffic continued along the existing dual carriageway while Julius Berger constructed the three new lanes. Once the construction had been concluded, the traffic was diverted onto the new carriageway, in order to complete the refurbishment of the existing dual carriageway.

Throughout the whole project, the safety of road users as well as Julius Berger staff was highly prioritized.

Wetin be this?
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by Bbbwings: 9:54am On May 15, 2022
The mumu should have done this in the south.
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by onuman: 9:56am On May 15, 2022
film3four:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7HbXOuZGIM

Group Expansion of airport motorway to strengthen the capital city of Abuja

The vision defined in 1976 for the Nigerian capital Abuja still forms the framework for the urban development that Julius Berger has been helping to shape for over 30.

The volume of traffic in Abuja has risen dramatically in recent years, so that the expansion and new construction of the major road link between the capital city of Abuja and its international airport was considered essential for Abuja as the Nigerian capital. Julius Berger was thus commissioned to undertake the construction and extension of the existing motorway to the airport.

The contract for a 26.5 km long section starting at "City Gate" and ending at "Bill Clinton Drive" included the extension of the existing connection to the airport from two to three lanes as well as the construction of a new parallel two-lane expressway in each direction. The connection of the new two-lane expressway to the extended 3-lane motorway is provided by connecting roads. In addition, river bridges, pedestrian bridges, flyovers and underpass bridges as well as bus stations and turning facilities were planned and built.

Future developments such as the Kukwaba National Park was taken into account and incorporated into the design and throughout the construction process, the daily traffic continued along the existing dual carriageway while Julius Berger constructed the three new lanes. Once the construction had been concluded, the traffic was diverted onto the new carriageway, in order to complete the refurbishment of the existing dual carriageway.

Throughout the whole project, the safety of road users as well as Julius Berger staff was highly prioritized.

Sand everywhere in the so-called superhighway.

When op sees real superhighway, his mouth will be shut.
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:56am On May 15, 2022
That highway is the best road in Nigeria so far

1 Like

Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by cosmos1440: 9:57am On May 15, 2022
I begiiiii, Jonathan is arguably one of the worst presidents in Nigeria's history. If not for Buhari's failure in cleaning the mess GEJ caused, he would have been in custody by now explaining the sleaze under his watch. . .
My submission, if Nigeria can survive the back to back failures from Jonathan to Buhari, then there is nothing Nigeria can't survive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by steveneche(m): 10:00am On May 15, 2022
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by Buckeyemedia1: 10:00am On May 15, 2022
Mimobotty:
Haha, Goodluck Jonathan really tried!

He was a good man,
we all know

Buhari on the other hand, is a very evil fulani man!
Mr stealing of public funds is not corruption now a good man?

Not surprised, the apple never falls too far away from the tree.

Very funny, President Buhari evil? Worse than a Pot calling kettle black, bet your neighbors say worse about your father?

1 Like

Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by victorDanladi: 10:02am On May 15, 2022
SocialJustice:
If not for the absolute waste of resources that is called the Nigerian government, we can easily afford a 6 lane highway that links Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Rivers.
If you contest for president I will campaign for you.

These are just common senses.

LINK THE 4 MOST IMPORTANT CITIES FIRST!

AND WITH A FAST TRAIN!
Re: Abuja Airport Road Superhighway: GEJ's Unmatchable Imprint: Pictures & Video by Originalsly: 10:07am On May 15, 2022
Interesting. But this is the kind of infrastructural project expected from any leader and completed or maintained by those after. Watching the video.... I can see pedestrian traffic was not given much consideration in the planning. Yes....there are overhead walkways... but verrry far apart. Even so....they don't cater for the aged or handicapped.... nor those with heavy loads.....why stairs only and not ramps? I read of underpasses but saw none... are there several to allow traffic and pedestrians to get from one side to the other? Pedestrians shouldn't have to risk their lives by crossing between traffic nor walking long distances to get to the other side. Just watching how people drive ... pretty fast... but not much lane markings and do not signal before changing lanes. Going in the opposite direction...... longggg distances to change over. Do they sweep the highway often?... part of maintenance. Noticed fair amount of silt build up at the sides.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Extremely Dilapidated Truck Moving On A Road In Berger, Lagos / Alaska Airlines Surprise Travelers With Sweaters And T-shirts On Christmas Day / Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.