Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help (21183 Views)

Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? / Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? / Can I Complete A 10 Bedroom Self Contained(student Hostel) With 7.5 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Kiddogarcia(m): 2:42pm On May 15, 2022
Kriss216:

You asked your girlfriend advice for something relating your mum

A girl you met recently will tell you what to do regarding your mum?

A girl you're sharing with different guys told you to discard your mum's happiness? What sort of men are we breeding these days?
jeez, can't believe I actually laughed.
Telling the girlfriend seems strange tho, you should know your girl is always looking out for herself.
But the truth here is, build yours and let your move in with you
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Worldbest281: 2:42pm On May 15, 2022
Build your own first, this is mine is different from this is ours
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by 007lss: 2:42pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:
Hello all,

This is difficult situation for me, my mom's house has been left uncompleted since 2014 just the foundation and probably 2couch were placed ontop since then it's been there because she had to send my siblings and I to higher institution. Now am of age, doing quite well for myself. I think am finally ready to build a house, was thinking about getting a land 100 by 50 and raise 5 bedroom flats... but on the other hand that my mom's building had been left uncompleted since it's a family land, relatives are starting to say somethings and sometimes I could see the shame on my mom's face when she goes to her family compound. Almost every months they always call her to come clear it that it has become harbor for snakes and pests. So I thought why don't I just complete it for her first.

The issue here Is immediately I told my fiancee she said it's a good idea but kicked against it. That I should build mine first, before completing my mom's. That it can wait.

I also confided in a friend of mine, he said almost same thing, that my thing is different from our own. Saying am not the only one my mom gave birth to, if I complete it now I should be ready to share it with my siblings no matter what when the time comes.

I'm confused and need advice on the step to take. I would really want to complete that house for my mom I Know it would mean a lot to her..I'm really confused.

One way or the other somebody has to develop it, if I the first son don't do it now that am financially stable. Then my younger bro will do it, trust me it won't make sense that way that's just my fear.
build your own house first and take her to live with you, why not try 4 bed room at your own place instead of 5 bed room and use the remain money to support her
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by a2d3rew(m): 2:42pm On May 15, 2022
Build URS first,wen u finish carry ur Mom jejey put am inside the house, before u come build her own.
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by HarunaWest(m): 2:43pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:
Hello all,

This is difficult situation for me, my mom's house has been left uncompleted since 2014 just the foundation and probably 2couch were placed ontop since then it's been there because she had to send my siblings and I to higher institution. Now am of age, doing quite well for myself. I think am finally ready to build a house, was thinking about getting a land 100 by 50 and raise 5 bedroom flats... but on the other hand that my mom's building had been left uncompleted since it's a family land, relatives are starting to say somethings and sometimes I could see the shame on my mom's face when she goes to her family compound. Almost every months they always call her to come clear it that it has become harbor for snakes and pests. So I thought why don't I just complete it for her first.

The issue here Is immediately I told my fiancee she said it's a good idea but kicked against it. That I should build mine first, before completing my mom's. That it can wait.

I also confided in a friend of mine, he said almost same thing, that my thing is different from our own. Saying am not the only one my mom gave birth to, if I complete it now I should be ready to share it with my siblings no matter what when the time comes.

I'm confused and need advice on the step to take. I would really want to complete that house for my mom I Know it would mean a lot to her..I'm really confused.

One way or the other somebody has to develop it, if I the first son don't do it now that am financially stable. Then my younger bro will do it, trust me it won't make sense that way that's just my fear.
Is you mum living in the said house, or the house is in the village?
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Rogerss(m): 2:43pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:
Hello all,

Some children do not know the power of a parent blessing you.
Wipe the shame off your mother's face and see doors opening for you.
While at it, your fiance is not a good woman. She will gladly contribute to her own family and would not want you to do same.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Martins004(m): 2:45pm On May 15, 2022
Build ur own first bro......then ur mum
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Dharmiejoe(m): 2:45pm On May 15, 2022
U beta finish up your mum house b4 u start to regret later. It's the least you can do for her sacrifice in sending you and your siblings to school. You are still young..you can still build many houses in future.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by victorv12(m): 2:45pm On May 15, 2022
Build your own first. Don't go broke later and start complaining that you renovated your mother's house, and disturbing her later she was the reason why you're broke.

By building your own, your mother have the right to live in it anytime she comes visiting and feeling comfortable she is not living in a rented house. And she will be so glad she living under is son's roof.

Most of the reasons why most guys are not making progress in life is mainly because of the house and environment they live in. Some landlords in Nigeria are ritualists and they've buried some juju in the house their tenants are living in.
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by MrKoi(m): 2:46pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:
we are 3 and yes am the eldest.

Build your own first.

Alternatively, for every 1,000 naira spent on your own, spend 100 naira on your mom's own. You know what I mean right?

The fact is that a family house must be built by everyone. Whether others are doing something or not is insignificant. Everyone must contribute to it according to their strength.

1 Like

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by RexTramadol1: 2:46pm On May 15, 2022
Well, you shouldn’t ask your fiancée for advice on family matters

It might work out and it might not, most women are jealous of in-laws and that’s the bitter truth, asking an older friend is a better option in as much as he also has faced such situation or he has deeper experiences

On the issue at hand, if you were an only child or only son, you can build mom’s place…. In fact renting part of the house out to tenants will be a source of income for her, she wouldn’t have to depend on you or your siblings heavily

That counsel I gave is for…… if you have a steady source of income and can easily build yours

But if it’s that the money is just a once in a while thing, build yours first and mom’s later

But see it in another guise “ I bought my parents’ house from them, gave them the money and put the property in my name, I built it and made them live in it…… and once they leave the world no family or sibling can lay claim to it.
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by deavicky(m): 2:47pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:
Hello all,

as matter of fact, carry both of them together.
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by phemmyfour: 2:48pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:
Hello all,

Build yours first or at least a land and fence around it. It LL appreciate even as you are building your mom's house. Remember, my own cannot be compare to Our own
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by satandeterrible: 2:49pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:

I can't believe you actually booked space for this just to gather cheap likes

Don't you think it's better for me to confide in an olosho I sleep with, than to come online to ask random people who some are demented lunatics like you who find every loopholes to ridicule people online.
Kriss the whole nairaland knows you and your silly post, your Just a small boy who still feeds on mama thank you.

The funny thing is your mates are out there doing better things for themselves, winning daily.
Lost simp.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by 07kjb: 2:49pm On May 15, 2022
U are the first son abi? I don't know which tribe you are from but in Igbo land we say OPARA NWE IHE NNAYA.... specifically that family building is owned by the first son, whether is the father that builds it or the last son, ones ur mom becomes late the first son of that family becomes the owner of the house.what I'm saying is since you are the first child complete your moms building because it is yours too.

I don't know your culture though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Legalese(m): 2:52pm On May 15, 2022
Finish your mum's house first. The blessings that would accrue from this will be monumental and you would definitely get enough to build a better building that you currently plan to.
Don't let a woman who's not your wife dictate how you treat your mum. Your mum is still the number one woman in your life until you marry the said girlfriend.
My 2 cents

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Joeyfizzo: 2:53pm On May 15, 2022
Ofcourse u should build urs first
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by oz4real83(m): 2:57pm On May 15, 2022
The issue is the everybody's attention on your mom's abandoned house and their continuous talk about it. Start your mom's house and build it up to dpc or filling level. This will shut people's mouths for the time being. Then leave the project for sometime and start your own. When you are done with yours, you can come back to continue where you stopped in your mom's house. Your mom made a lot of sacrifice to get you where you are, she simply forgot herself while all her focus was you. She played deaf to people's talk all these years about her abandoned house just to focus on you and your siblings, make those efforts worth the while and forget your personal need even for a short time.
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by jwax: 2:58pm On May 15, 2022
If you are the eldest, complete the house because it is still going to be yours anyways but if you are not the eldest, go and build yours first especially if you are an igbo because according to igbo culture, automatically that house so long as it sits on your family land/compound the first born owns it
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by RandyOku: 3:00pm On May 15, 2022
Kriss216:

A girl you're sharing with different guys told you to discard your mum's happiness? What sort of men are we breeding these days?

A situation of ikegwurugrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by matrixmuzi: 3:00pm On May 15, 2022
Kriss216:

This kind of men I don’t entertain. Stay away from me. All the sleepless nights and sufferings ur mum went through to get u where u are now where was that lady of urs. Even if u build a house for ur mum does it mean u won’t build for urself later or u think ur money will finish if u complete that house for her. Don’t worry what goes around comes around .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by annawhite(f): 3:01pm On May 15, 2022
If your mother drops dead now...will u have a place to keep her to restwill u have where to organize her burial....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by DaddyGngeess(m): 3:02pm On May 15, 2022
Kriss216:

You took this right away from my mouth shall, exactly want I wanted to say, if where your mum is staying now is comfortable for her then u can build yours first then later u complete her own but if she not comfortable where she is staying now complete her own, the very first house I build was for my mum and since then blessings dey follow me everyday.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Oyerinde16(m): 3:02pm On May 15, 2022
Let me advice u, build your moms house first, take the shame away from her, you have time on your side, something similar happened to me, my elder bro built his first house while my dads own was uncompleted, I tried without confronting him to do the needful, he did not listen instead went ahead to buy another land in Lagos, his wife sensing he may want to divert money to other things ensured he had little or nothing, first enrolled their kids to expensive schools, lined up personal projects such that they were just waiting for the money to come in, I mustered courage sunk in almost 4m into my dads house, built borehole, completed the bq, eid all the plastering, painting and refurnishing withing 2 months, the day my elder bro came to the house, he was very ashamed of himself, I layered heard he had a serious misunderstanding with his wife, wondering how he has little or no money and I his younger bro carried out such a project... Now I am looking to buy my own house in abuja, still gathering money tho...

So of I would advice u, build your moms own, let her respect go up, my cousins abroad have not built Thiers yet they built a house for their mom from scratch to finish... Most selfish wife will never want you to build for your mom, they want it to benefit only you and her, all this later na scam, the way she will line up projects I'm front of u henceforth, u will hardly have 1 naira to spare...

3 Likes

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by theFullstackGuy: 3:02pm On May 15, 2022
Oga, please build for your mum first.

Make your mama proud joor.... She doesn't have as much time as yourself.

And something else, your fiancee is selfish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by kingjiss: 3:04pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:
Hello all,

You are very stupid for asking this question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Beremx(f): 3:04pm On May 15, 2022
Kriss216:

Fiancée is just a word devised by greedy and evil men to drill the kpekus deeper...chill guy.
I hope you turn your LIKES into money. Not every man will condone the rubbish you always post. May you rest In Jesus Name
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by Sirmee(m): 3:05pm On May 15, 2022
I will advice you complete one or two rooms in the building, make it livable for your mom then you can build your own home.

N.B. What do you need a 5 bedroom for? Except you're ready to harbor many family members, both from your family and that of your wife to be.
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by alizma: 3:06pm On May 15, 2022
Barrister026:
Hello all,

Complete your mom's house in appreciation of her effort and love for a mother, she wipe away your shame by not leaving you half educated among your friends, do same for her BUT in doing this, only be a sponsor, that is hide your face, just give her money to do her thing the way she wants. That doesn't mean you cannot advise her in some areas but don't come openly as the person building the house. E get why. Success
Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by abobote: 3:11pm On May 15, 2022
This very dicey, but as a first son, its only logical you complete your mum's house. But if possible buy that your land first before completing the house.

I was in similar situation 5yrs ago. My father's house was at lenter level. I had to complete it even though I'm the last born, coz the house is in a our family compound, and I want the compound to look presentable.
I furnished the parlour this past January. My elder brother went to village by March settled in there, and was praising me.
Now I no longer have money to even start my own and I have 3 sons already.
The other day, I was just thinking, what if my sons grow up and start asking why I didn't build house for them. No regret though, as I'm still a young man of 38yrs.
Above all these, be mindful of village people when you are building.
There are lot forces that fight you whenever you building house, especially if the house is in the village

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Complete My Mother House Or Build Mine First? I'm In Dillenma Pls Help by nedekid: 3:13pm On May 15, 2022
Build yours first, later you can contribute to the completion of your mothers. Or if you are buoyant build hers (after yours) . But note you will just be doing it as charity to your mum, it does not give you claims to the property later any more than your siblings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? / Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions / 100 Houses Destroyed By Rain In Enugu State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.