Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,938 members, 7,799,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects (60645 Views)

EFCC Declares 4 Nigerians Wanted, Shares Pictures Of Suspects / Protesters Storm Edo Government House With Bodies Of Youths Killed By Thugs / Abuja First Bank Robbery: See Faces Of Suspects Arrested (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by Odewaleadesoye(m): 6:02pm On May 14, 2022
A combined team of security men, led by State’s Police Commissioner, Mr Kamaludden Okunlola were deployed to the palace of the Sultan of Sultan to avoid breakdown of law and order while protesters threw stones and attempted to burn it down.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Gov. Aminu Tambuwal had in a broadcast, called on the people to remain indoor as security operatives were being deployed to safeguard lives and properties.

The protests were caused by an alleged religious blasphemy made by a student of Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto, against Islamic religion through a social media channel.

The student, Deborah Yakubu, was killed in a mob outrage during students’ unrest, but the state government immediately closed down the school while police announced the arrest of two persons in connection with the incident.

”By the powers conferred on me by sections 176(2) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and sections 1 and 4 of the Public Order Act; and, also Section 15 of Sokoto State Peace Preservation Law, I hereby declare, with immediate effect, a curfew within (Sokoto) metropolis for the next 24 hours,” Tambuwal declared.

He further appealed to the people of the state to kindly continue to observe law and order and calm down the restiveness currently pervading in the metropolis.

”Everyone should please, in the interest of peace, go back home and observe this measures, to reestablish peace, law and order in the state.

” It is not in the interest of anyone for us to have a breakdown of law and order. I, therefore, appeal for restraint and, for people to observe and respect the rule of law .”

A NAN Correspondent who went round the streets reports that groups of youths have taken over the streets, chanting songs and urging security agents to release the arrested persons.

The protesters burnt tyres on popular Ahmadu Bello Way, Emir Yahaya road, Kanwuri and other streets, forcing shop owners to close midday while most streets became empty.

All the religious centres were also under tight security.

Gov. Tambuwal had held meetings with security chiefs, leader of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev. Nuhu Iliya and Islamic religion leaders on Thursday, to prevent the situation from escalation.

Source: Vanguard

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by Legalcriminal: 6:04pm On May 14, 2022
Mad people

366 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by kozmokaz(m): 6:05pm On May 14, 2022
You guys technically replaced the Samuel with yakubu

From Deborah Samuel to Deborah yakubu

193 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by jimmyolasun: 6:07pm On May 14, 2022
The north shaall consume itself. This I have seen..

Añythng north, I wash my eyes comot

363 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by Kestolove(m): 6:09pm On May 14, 2022
anybody wey price go collect

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by Omihanifa: 6:09pm On May 14, 2022
Mumu people undecided

Instead of them to come together and protest against insecurity, banditry, endemic hunger, drug abuse. They are busy carrying Islam on their head undecided

If not that Nigeria is a lawless country, how can you kill someone and still have the mind to be protesting everywhere, killing southerners and destroying their businesses sad

It's the Christians that are even suppose to be doing what they are doing but we get sense Pass them

523 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by FuckDModz: 6:12pm On May 14, 2022
grin

Mumu Sultan go soon collect.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by decatalyst(m): 6:13pm On May 14, 2022
Kestolove:
anybody wey price go collect

I don't really understand this your comment.

Is everything alright?

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by sammysmiles(m): 6:16pm On May 14, 2022
The demons powering this Islam no be small thing.... According to the Bible, he shall be a wild man, everyone hand shall be against him, and his hand shall be against everyone...Violence is the code of Islam.. Well, John 18:36 is the reason we don't exert violence in christendom

196 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by Elock1: 6:16pm On May 14, 2022
sad
The other day I said Naija is cursed
Someone said I should speak positive about my country.

Someone was gruesomely murdered, the killer openly boasted about it, the said killer is arrested and some dimwits are protesting for their release. It's only in this sh*thole that such happens

I ask, where were they when concerned youths were protesting for the betterment of this country at the lekki toll gate?

Angel Gabriel, For crying out loud... how did I end up finding myself in this country sef?

Abi people way dem born for abroad get 3 blockus? cry

164 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by OtopDesign(m): 6:16pm On May 14, 2022
angry
Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by Lordofalmajiri(f): 6:16pm On May 14, 2022
Satanic north

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by Built2last: 6:16pm On May 14, 2022
All muslims are blood thirsty.

All you need to release the vampire in them is say something about their demon prophet as blasphemy

Safe to say that the only good Muslim is the one dead and buried.

What ever you say about God doesn't move them. Just say something about that messenger demon. They will slit your throat.

161 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by 2021Blogger: 6:16pm On May 14, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by NwaNimo1(m): 6:16pm On May 14, 2022
Islam leads to Mental illness....

[img]https:///media/1-11-2015/elHavJ.gif[/img]

From observations i'm convinced......

202 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by Fmghewzy(m): 6:17pm On May 14, 2022
decatalyst:

Is everything alright?

The person you quoted na original weyrey

23 Likes

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by Mooh247: 6:17pm On May 14, 2022
cool

Evil African uneducated Almajiri youths high on cheap drugs

2011 Buhari lost an election, they started killing people

Every Kano Pillars vs Katsina United PFL football derby always leads to Fight and mob action

Super Eagles lost a match to Ghana they turned the whole stadium upside down

Now they are killing over WhatsApp message

If you blame , insult ,curse or persecute 1.8 billion Muslim Men, Women, Children , Old, Aged and young for the actions of Some Sokoto youth then you are as demonic as the people who lynched innocent Deborah

* President Buhari a Muslim condemn the act
* Sultan of Sokoto the leader of Supreme Islamic council spoke against the babaric act
*Shiek of holy mosques of Saudi spoke against it
*Governor Tambuwal a Muslim spoke against it and ordered the arrest of the killer's
*Zamfara chief Imam condemned it

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by MisterGrace: 6:17pm On May 14, 2022
This is what you get when you send children to Koranic schools instead of government schools.

These lots are evil.

All Christians should stop giving alms to almajiri and their older beggars.

They are evil.

Stop empowering them with your money, food and clothes.

They won't hesitate to kill you if they have the opportunity.

144 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by Adedayorr(m): 6:17pm On May 14, 2022
These foolish muslims are inconsequential

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by dadavivo: 6:17pm On May 14, 2022
Just when you need the police to be useful for once and fire all these terrorist dead in seconds

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 14, 2022
decatalyst:

Is everything alright?

Person you quoted is a known troll

Ignore.

9 Likes

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by modaddy(f): 6:17pm On May 14, 2022
If by any chance they release those people ehn, then Christians should be given right to take laws into their hands too.

We're not rams they can butcher anyhow they want.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by JoeEeL(m): 6:17pm On May 14, 2022
I THINK I AM NOW BEGINNING TO HAVE AN IDEA WHAT THE BIAFRANS MUST HAVE SUFFERED IN THE HANDS OF THESE MONSTERS DURING THE BIAFRA WAR.

THEIR HATRED FOR ANYTHING ADVANCEMENT, CHRISTIANITY, LIGHT, PROGRESS, NON-ISLAM ETC... IT IS AS CLEAR AS CLEAN WATER.

Shame on you if you believe in One Nigeria. Like big shame. cool

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by Adonis86(m): 6:18pm On May 14, 2022
U

1 Like

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by YungMillionaire: 6:18pm On May 14, 2022
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by GreatrAnalyst: 6:18pm On May 14, 2022
Would you burn Sultan's palace down?

Who arrested suspects again?
Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by floss(m): 6:18pm On May 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Deborah: Protesters Storm Sultan’s Palace, Ask For Release Of Suspects by decatalyst(m): 6:18pm On May 14, 2022
subsidywise18:

Person you quoted is a known troll

Ignore.

Oh never knew.

I hope @seun do something about this

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Humiliating Ordeal As A Slave In Oman —22-year-old Nigerian Girl (photo) / 2 Nigerian Women Fight And Strip Themselves Naked In London (VIDEO) / Facebook Slay King And Slay Queen Fight In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.