Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,417 members, 7,800,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Facebook Has Shattered Her Marriage - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Facebook Has Shattered Her Marriage (1067 Views)

10 Ways Facebook Has Ruined Your Life / Help! Facebook Has Stolen My Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Has Shattered Her Marriage by chylind5: 4:36pm On Jul 13, 2011
This actually happened to my neigbour and i feel i should share it on Nairaland.
The story: A married couple working in different cities both have FB accounts. Husband goes home every weekend. One day while bored at work he playfully creates a funny FB account, he sends his wife a friend request and she adds him. They chat regularly , over one month, she finds him very exciting and is always looking forward to chatting with him, she begins to hate the weekends because he's never available to chat. They chat about anything and everything. Then recently their chats became very sexually explicit, she'd get turned on by the things he'd ask her to do. Then one day he asks her to send a picture of her most private part, she excitedly does that without hesitation. He then asks her to send him more pictures of other parts of her body, to which she again obliges him. He has now revealed his true identity and wants a divorce, What do you think? Who's to blame, the husband, wife , or both. Btw , the wife doesn't want a divorce, she says she still loves her husband and believes they can get through this , but can they Wife's Response: Dear Ndidi, I've read all the comments concerning this and thought it's time I tell my side of the story although anonymously , I can't possibly justify what I did but I do hope that people will have some compassion for me after reading this. My husband and I have been married 15 years and have two lovely children , a boy and a girl, ages 13 and 11. We met in our last year at university and have been together ever since. I have a very successful career as an advertising executive for a fortune 100 company and my husband who's also very successful is VP of software development for a leading technology company. We have the trappings of a good life including a beautiful home, lovely cars and family vacations abroad at least once a year. By now you must be wondering what could have possibly gone wrong in our marriage considering the good fortune that God has so graciously bestowed upon us. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and I always will but with each passing day, he's treated me more as 'Mrs Mom' and far less as the love of his life. In the last five years he's not remembered my birthday without being prompted, not bothered to do something special or given me anything nice on Valentine's or Mother's day. I on the other hand have never forgotten his birthday or father's day and always make an effort with the kids to do something nice for him. He wasn't always like this , my husband was once a very loving, thoughtful and caring man. It's often hard to believe he's the same man who planned a surprise party for my 24th birthday , got down on one knee in front of 200 guests and asked me to marry him! If I didn't have the pictures to prove it, I'd probably think it was all a dream. Sadly in the last 5 years a lot has changed and my husband whom I always referred to as my 'soul mate' no longer bares his soul to me. When we talk it's almost always discussions about the children or the bills and any attempt to engage him in any other talk is met with a lot of resistance which is dis-heartening to me. At first I put it down to the stress of a high powered career but as time went by I realized it was much more than that. There is a lack of intimacy in our relationship which has made it's way into our bed. Often I'd wondered if he was having an affair but refused to let myself go down that road of thought and instead turned to prayer for solace. A couple years ago , he was offered his present job but in a different city, about 200 miles away! It was a great opportunity and would have been crazy to turn down , so he accepted it and I supported him. We decided it best for the kids and I to remain here and he would come home on the weekends. I really didn't want to be separated from my hubby but thought this would be a great way for us to miss each other and rekindle that flame that used to burn so passionately between us. And for a short while it did , things were great between us and a few times I left the kids with my sister and spent a few days with him. Then he stopped coming home every weekend because he had too much work and when he did, he would only stay a night and fly back the following day. I had now taken on the role of a full-time dad in addition to my role as a mom for my kids. I was lonely , after a hard days work and dealing with my children, I'd feel worn out, unloved and no one to bare my soul to. I started spending more time on Face book and built up a sizable number of friends who consisted of relatives, old school mates, colleagues and friends of friends. One day I received a message from a guy called Daniel from the UK, he'd mistaken me for someone else who had the same name as myself. We chatted for a bit and he soon after sent me a friend request. We found we had a lot in common and over the next month we spent as much time as we could chatting on FB. We talked about anything and everything, he reminded me so much of my husband back in the days , Daniel was so eloquent and had a way of making words come to life in every sentence he wrote , just like my husband did years ago. We soon shifted away from general topics and started chatting about our personal lives , I told him of mine and he told me he'd been divorced a couple of years. He was very thought provoking and it wasn't too long before I realized I was much attracted to him. Our conversations got more intimate and although we'd never met or even talked on the phone, I was deeply drawn to him. On the weekends we couldn't chat much because he had his children with him and I of course had my husband home. During one of our many chats, Daniel asked me if I'd send him a nude picture of myself and I declined reminding him I was a married woman. Eventually I agreed to send him a picture of the most intimate part of my body since that would not have my face. After that he asked me to send more pictures of other parts of my body like my breasts, butt and legs. He told me I was beautiful and loved my body despite having had two children and gaining some weight over the years. He made me feel so special, desirable and loved again. He got me to do things to myself, I could never have thought possible , he brought my body back to life. I felt guilty about what I was doing but reminded myself that I wasn't having a physical relationship with Daniel , Imagine my surprise when I found out Daniel was no other than my husband of 15 years. My surprise soon gave way to guilt and shame when I realized the enormity of it all including my husband's disappointment. Like I've repeatedly explained to my husband, Daniel reminded me so much of him. In my sub-conscious mind, it was my husband I was chatting with and not Daniel. I was attracted to my husband all over again because even though he'd created a fictitious name and FB profile, his personality resonated with the wonderful man I'd fallen in love with all those years ago. I am deeply hurt that my husband would set up such a ploy especially as I'd never given him reason for that in the past. I see no grounds for a divorce since no one else but ourselves were involved. People have done far worse things and been forgiven , The way I see it, we should be doing all those wonderful things we wrote about , not focusing on mere pictures when he's got the real me to do what so ever he desires ,
Re: Facebook Has Shattered Her Marriage by iyatrustee(f): 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2011
this shi.t has been circulating the internet for sometime now. how come it happened to your neighbour
Re: Facebook Has Shattered Her Marriage by obowunmi(m): 4:42pm On Jul 13, 2011
^^^^^ L. O. L! grin grin grin grin
Re: Facebook Has Shattered Her Marriage by atasteve: 1:22pm On Jul 14, 2011
My piece of advise is that the woman be sober, pray and talk to her husband again. My sincere wish/prayer is that they don't end up divorced.
Re: Facebook Has Shattered Her Marriage by Godmother(f): 10:22pm On Jul 17, 2011
I cant even read it. Jeez!!! What a write-up!!!
No paragraph, no line space, nothing shocked angry
Re: Facebook Has Shattered Her Marriage by Omolola1(f): 10:56pm On Jul 17, 2011
what can i say other than na wah o
Re: Facebook Has Shattered Her Marriage by Natasha2(f): 11:00pm On Jul 17, 2011
boy o boy now I know the importance of paragrapghing undecided
Re: Facebook Has Shattered Her Marriage by Mobinga: 2:40am On Jul 18, 2011
My eyes!
Re: Facebook Has Shattered Her Marriage by cumba(m): 6:04am On Jul 18, 2011
God pls have mercy and interven to save this marriage in Jesus name i pray AMEEEEEN.
Re: Facebook Has Shattered Her Marriage by gwenevier: 7:21am On Jul 18, 2011
Mehnnn
I am *speechless*
Re: Facebook Has Shattered Her Marriage by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 18, 2011
I would marry her over and over again - I love that woman!

(1) (Reply)

Mama-gee Is Back! / blank / Nigerian Wounds 5 In US Walmart Store Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.