Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? (707 Views)

Python Programmers! Can The Errors Of Pycodestyle be Automated ? / Only Programmers Can Relate To This. / 15 Pictures Only Programmers Can Understand And Relate With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by Gee64: 12:20pm On May 15, 2022
I was given a test programming challenge and I got this but was marked wrong..please what's the solution because I've been asked to seek help..

SEE attachment below please...

1 Like

Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:31pm On May 15, 2022
True undefined and null should not be in quotation.

1 Like

Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by Gee64: 12:33pm On May 15, 2022
Thanks.
tensazangetsu20:
Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 15, 2022
It's undefined

Not undefined's

It shouldn't be in quotation marks as it is not a String(text)

Same thing applies to true and null

The Task clearly states that

See how the added "Toyota" in quotation marks but not the rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by Gee64: 12:35pm On May 15, 2022
I removed the quotes yet got it wrong.
tensazangetsu20:
Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 12:46pm On May 15, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
It's undefined

Not undefined's

It shouldn't be in quotation marks as it is not a String(text)

Same thing applies to true and null

The Task clearly states that

See how the added "Toyota" in quotation marks but not the rest

This! Because they are js special keywords/types
Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by Gee64: 12:49pm On May 15, 2022
What do I do then?
JoyousFurnitire:

This! Because they are js special keywords/types
Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 15, 2022
why are you declaring your variable as comments?

const brand = 'Toyota';
const whatever = true;
const amount = 2345030;

remove the double slash in front. Everything after the slashes are ignored as comments

so basically when you wrote
const brand = //'Toyota';

what the compiler sees is
const brand =

You might want to study assigning variable and basic data types
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/JavaScript/First_steps/Variables

1 Like

Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by Phantaminum1(f): 12:53pm On May 15, 2022
Gee64:
I was given a test programming challenge and I got this but was marked wrong..please what's the solution because I've been asked to seek help..

Remove all the // in all the variable
true, undefined and null should not be in double quotes

By putting // in Toyota, it shows that you have not assigned a value to brand. That where the first error comes from
Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by remi1444: 1:03pm On May 15, 2022
Gee64:

remove the //(comments) from the codes. Remove the extra information after UNDEFINED. Also don’t wrap null and undefined in quote. You’re asking JS to treat it as a string and from the picture the task is to make both value null and undefined data types.
Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 15, 2022
I was wondering too...

I thought since he added //(comments) then he should know what it does.

Because you don't just add // in codes even as a beginner

1 Like

Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by Gee64: 1:26pm On May 15, 2022
Thanks.
It worked!
remi1444:
remove the //(comments) from the codes. Remove the extra information after UNDEFINED. Also don’t wrap null and undefined in quote. You’re asking JS to treat it as a string and from the picture the task is to make both value null and undefined data types.

1 Like

Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by Gee64: 1:27pm On May 15, 2022
Thank you all, my boss. grin
Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by Gee64: 4:19pm On May 15, 2022
Please solve this for me oh....pronto!

Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by Gee64: 4:31pm On May 15, 2022
Biko...joor
Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by etoluw: 5:00pm On May 15, 2022
Gee64:
Biko...joor

10 * ((7 + cool - 11)/4
Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by Deicide: 8:13pm On May 15, 2022
Gee64:
You no do bodmas for secondary school? And previously why did you add // to the front of the variable? What was your thought process?
Re: Hello Pro Programmers, Can Someone Please Help Me Solve This Challenge? by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 16, 2022
Gee64:
Putting addition and/or substraction in a bracket. 10 * (7 + 8 - 11) / 4... BODMAS

Also, in the tech space, 'pronto', 'asap' or anything of urgency to strangers you don't pay comes off as rude. Nobody is so free to solve your problem as soon as you want it. Don't do that.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chatgpt Vs Chatsonic / Frameworks. Project Based Learning. / Welcome On Board To Dasersoft Technology Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.