Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] (36257 Views)

USA: Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse To Rise On Election Day ( Pics) / Rare 'Ring Of Fire' Solar Eclipse To Take Place On June 10 (Pictures) / Blood Moon! Total Lunar Eclipse To Appear Tomorrow And Will Be Longest Blood Moo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by Segzydaniels(m): 12:36pm On May 15, 2022
A full lunar eclipse to bring super blood moon tonight

One of our planet's most stunning sights is coming to the skies - a super blood Moon.

In the year's only full lunar eclipse, Earth will come between the Sun and the Moon.

Falling fully into Earth's shadow, the Moon will slowly darken before turning dusky red.

It will be visible with the naked eye before dawn on Monday in most of Europe. The Americas will get a great view on Sunday evening.

The Moon will appear larger than usual because it will be at its closest point to Earth of its orbit, giving it the name super Moon.

It will also be called a super flower blood Moon. In the Northern Hemisphere, a full moon in May is often called a flower Moon because it coincides with the Spring flowers.

The only sunlight reaching the Moon during the full eclipse will be passing through the Earth's atmosphere.

This light will be blood red, from all Earth's sunrises and sunsets reflected on to the Moon's surface, explains Dr Gregory Brown, astronomer at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London.

"You'll actually be seeing every sunrise and every sunset occurring around the Earth at once. All of that light will be projected on to the Moon," he told BBC News.

On Monday, western parts of Europe will get a good but short view as the Moon will set during the eclipse. Look low on the horizon between 0230 and 0430 BST and you'll see the moon falling into shadow before glowing red. It should be visible in Africa too.

In the UK watching from a high vantage point like a hill or tall building will be essential because of the Moon's very low position in the sky.

The UK will get a better view of the earlier part of the eclipse, Dr Brown explains.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-61423765

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by joe54: 12:44pm On May 15, 2022
Awesome nature

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by muyico(m): 12:57pm On May 15, 2022
I cant wait 2 c it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by PerfectStranger(m): 1:00pm On May 15, 2022
E fit no reach naija. Be like God don wash hand comot from our matter.

148 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by Danielle09: 1:02pm On May 15, 2022
Mother nature playing its roll

Anticipating smiley

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by xeratek: 1:07pm On May 15, 2022
Sign of end time wink

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by Rastaramsey(m): 1:07pm On May 15, 2022
What does this have to do with a common man cheesy cheesy

Those niggars up here just dey do woah woah like they have witnessed it before...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by Rastaramsey(m): 1:08pm On May 15, 2022
muyico:
I cant wait 2 c it

For this naija grin grin

My brother, wake up from your dream..

2 Likes

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by PerfectStranger(m): 1:11pm On May 15, 2022
xeratek:
Sign of end time wink
End time kpa pógi

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by Ballzproblemm: 1:18pm On May 15, 2022
end time things according our pastor for nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by Danielle09: 1:19pm On May 15, 2022
muyico:
I cant wait 2 c it
Hopefully the cloud is clear
Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by Pussyassasin(m): 1:38pm On May 15, 2022
Waiting for our resident pastor and prophet

2 Likes

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by Agricmoney(m): 2:49pm On May 15, 2022
make I come outside see if I fit see am too

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by ClipHog: 3:15pm On May 15, 2022
I pray make cloud no cover sky for Arochukwu ooo

Modified shit its raining cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9QkjjMzGeQ

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by Uniquetani1(f): 5:29pm On May 15, 2022
Nothing is happening here in Canada

1 Like

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by loosecanon50(m): 6:09pm On May 15, 2022
Tor. Let's see whether LUNA and UST will rise back during the eclipse

7 Likes

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by carl90(m): 6:15pm On May 15, 2022
Where is that dude on NL who created a thread that some lekki slay queens in his area are trying to seduce him for some money rituals on an eclipse occuring during a full moon?
It is time !
Wahala for you if you fell for the seduction of one of them. grin

4 Likes

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by Czario: 6:29pm On May 15, 2022
muyico:
I cant wait 2 c it

I saw the large pink moon at 5am this morning.

I must admit it was mesmerising.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by muyico(m): 8:42pm On May 15, 2022
Rastaramsey:

For this naija grin grin

My brother, wake up from your dream..
nigeria is inside world.and we av only 1 moon on our plannet

3 Likes

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by muyico(m): 8:44pm On May 15, 2022
Danielle09:
Hopefully the cloud is clear
Heavy rains here. since 5pm
Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by muyico(m): 8:45pm On May 15, 2022
Czario:

I saw the large pink moon at 5am this morning.
I must admit it was mesmerising.
U much b kidding me
Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by Czario: 8:48pm On May 15, 2022
muyico:
U much b kidding me

I wish I had my camera ....it was kinda spooky though ...I'm surprised to even hear about blood moon just a few hours later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by Jmichael1(m): 8:56pm On May 15, 2022
And the signs shall be in the sky.... righteouness food dn land...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by mannobi(m): 9:01pm On May 15, 2022
That moment when you wake up in the mindle of the night to see our darling brown moon but naija clouds just say na lie. You no go see am. Hmm make I just go sleep jare. I go watch am on TV later

1 Like

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by Grandeurr(m): 9:01pm On May 15, 2022
moon never come out since o
Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by saapphiere(f): 9:01pm On May 15, 2022
The blood of the innocents

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by iCauseTrouble: 9:01pm On May 15, 2022
angry
Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by DamianX: 9:02pm On May 15, 2022
There's no moon here can't see jack in dubai
Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by Medianna(f): 9:02pm On May 15, 2022
E dey pain me say rain fall this night

Which kan winchy winchy birds dey that last picture
Abi bird dey fly for night

1 Like

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by tonididdy(m): 9:02pm On May 15, 2022
Here in Moscow... I haven't seen Nada

1 Like

Re: Full Lunar Eclipse to bring Super Blood Moon Tonight [photos] by Ballzproblemm: 9:03pm On May 15, 2022
end time according to our pastor here. cheesy, anyways I have never seen eclipse before I want too see one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Generator And Stabilizer / Fish Rained In Thailand (photos & Videos) / Giant Snake That Can Open Doors ( Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.