Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,184 members, 7,780,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:32 AM

My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. (35699 Views)

Finally!! My JAMB Result Puts Smiles On My Face. / Why Is My JAMB Caps Admission Status Blank / JAMB Result Slip Printing Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Eastcoastboy(m): 4:09pm On May 16, 2022
Kwara1stson:
sorry no vex, na 2010 I write jamb n most of this courses then the cut off mark is 200

Ok. Arh! You be Agba oh! 2010 is a long time from now.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by sreamsense: 4:12pm On May 16, 2022
mlpnko:
I just checked my jamb result and i scored 283. Initially, my choice of course was law, but my parents insisted that l chose mass comm but my choice is law. What can l do, l need advices pls.
Don't just ignore suggestion of your parents like that because they have reasons for saying that. They have been working in this world before you, they have better experiences than you. It would have been better to ask them for reasons why they say so in the first place. Now, there are two sides of coins in this case. First, search your inner heart, ask yourself simple question. Do you really like law or is just because your brilliant friends in your class or other schools are all going for law? Do you really have passion for law and you think you want to acheive something with it or solve one problem with it in the future? Do you just like law because is popular and prestigious? There are 4-in-3 questions here with two questions in number1, if your answers are "yes, no, yes, no" respectively, stick to law, approach your parents with humility and tell them reason; tell them to pray for you for God to make it your way.

Why your parents want you to do mass communication may be because job opportunity in the future. It is easy to get job through mass communication than law. There are different media outlets you can quickly get work. At worst, when there is no job, you can use you experience to anchor your own online program and monitize them provided you face your study and improve on your skill because there is competition everywhere...not finished battery low
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by saintkel(m): 4:25pm On May 16, 2022
Fcmb2022:

Yes of course.
how did u know?
that's my school....a superlion sha
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Munzy14(m): 4:33pm On May 16, 2022
mlpnko:
I just checked my jamb result and i scored 283. Initially, my choice of course was law, but my parents insisted that l chose mass comm but my choice is law. What can l do, l need advices pls.
Go for LAW...

You will be happy you did, 10 years later..
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Jackipapa: 4:43pm On May 16, 2022
Follow your heart and defend me in court later in life!
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 16, 2022
Cashio:
Show this thread to your parents and let them see the contributions of exposed minds on the matter.
It is your life my friend and you are to decide how you live it. Your parents won't be there in the next 7-10 years to be making decisions regarding your life anymore. So don't let them choose for you.

Don't let anyone decide for you....go for what you wish and it seems you obviously have the brains for it.
Exposed minds?

The irony. LOL.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Odidigboigbo(m): 4:58pm On May 16, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Okay. Can someone who doesn't have prior knowledge in Science and Tech be able to do the course?
pure science course for admission requirements. You must have credit in Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry and any other science related courses such as Further Maths, Biology, Agric science, etc for your O'level . In Jamb, you might have written any of the above mentioned courses in JAMB
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 16, 2022
arthurwillia:
Lol mass communication in this Nigeria? People wey no read mass communication sef Dey do mass communication.. even law sef I no know how useful ist is
But mass communication na no no or else you have work waiting for you
Lol

Smh
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by saintHot: 5:22pm On May 16, 2022
mlpnko:
in 2019 I got 280,I went for international relations,prefer it to those 2 u mentioned
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by nedekid: 5:40pm On May 16, 2022
Solanaa:

I don’t know your school but 280 can’t get u law prolly why ur Popsi is over protective.

Go for Mass comm, study hard and change to law in ur second year!!!!!!!
Forget it. It's either he enters with law now or does law as a second degree.
All that bullshit of changing in 2nd year is story. Infact it is easier to just rewrite jamb.

1 Like

Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by nedekid: 5:51pm On May 16, 2022
mlpnko:
283 seems to be a good score. If it is law you want to do, better chase it! Don't let anybody distract you.
Have you considered private universities?
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Cashio(m): 5:52pm On May 16, 2022
Bobmarie:
Exposed minds?

The irony. LOL.
yes, the minds here are exposed. I for one is exposed and I have grown to understand that children should be left to follow their dreams. Parents most times fail to understand that their kids are meant to follow their dreams because it is their life.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Yohans(m): 6:13pm On May 16, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Do you think she stands a chance with Jamb 203 Jamb score.
Check the departmental cut off mark of the school she applied.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Fcmb2022(f): 7:02pm On May 16, 2022
dontrulee:

You scored 338?
That's nice. Why go for pharmacy and not medicine?
Its just dat I have interest in pharmaceutical stuffs.

Back then when I was in secondary school I noticed I earn more grades in chemistry and physics . compared to Biology.
Well when I was filling my jamb form , medicine was my first choice followed by Pharmacy then Nursing.
But when I got my result I saw my second choice course.

so I didn't want to rewrite jamb so I decide to for for Clinical pharmacy.
I just it to be one sit.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Fcmb2022(f): 7:02pm On May 16, 2022
saintkel:
that's my school....a superlion sha
Wow ........ are you in Enugu?
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by harveygordon: 7:06pm On May 16, 2022
Solanaa:

I don’t know your school but 280 can’t get u law prolly why ur Popsi is over protective.

Don't misdirect the OP. Changing courses is almost never possible, especially if Changing from a 'smaller' course to a 'bigger' one.

@OP, 283 is good enough to get you law. Work hard to pass your PUTME excellently, and pray too. You'd be fine. Worse case the scenario, the school will offer you mass communication as an alternative.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by saintkel(m): 7:13pm On May 16, 2022
Fcmb2022:

Wow ........ are you in Enugu?
nay....Anambra but I stay on d north....was born dia...u?
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Yello1(m): 7:21pm On May 16, 2022
Solanaa:

280 will give him law. Dont discourage d young admission seeker.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Fcmb2022(f): 7:44pm On May 16, 2022
saintkel:
nay....Anambra but I stay on d north....was born dia...u?
Well me , I am from Anambra state but I stay in Enugu with my mom.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Aaay: 7:48pm On May 16, 2022
Think for yourself
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Fcmb2022(f): 7:50pm On May 16, 2022
cooooooks:
Just 1 above my score in 2011. Good luck and good success.

Thank you dear.

how was ur day?
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Fcmb2022(f): 7:59pm On May 16, 2022
Jackipapa:
Follow your heart and defend me in court later in life!
Lols.............
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Fcmb2022(f): 8:01pm On May 16, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
wow babygal nice names
Tnx.
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Beautygoddesss: 8:07pm On May 16, 2022
Fcmb2022:
Tnx.
welcum
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by saintkel(m): 8:28pm On May 16, 2022
Fcmb2022:

Well me , I am from Anambra state but I stay in Enugu with my mom.
that's lovely....bin there say twice or so.....wanna know u more
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Fcmb2022(f): 8:33pm On May 16, 2022
saintkel:
that's lovely....bin there say twice or so.....wanna know u more
Okay I am all for u then smileysmiley

I am all ears
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by saintkel(m): 8:41pm On May 16, 2022
Fcmb2022:

Okay I am all for u then smileysmiley

I am all ears
u know d drill...not here
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Fcmb2022(f): 9:00pm On May 16, 2022
saintkel:
u know d drill...not here
Okay then.... via Email?
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by arthurwillia(m): 9:04pm On May 16, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Which school?
try NAU or aminu Kano or unijos or um ilorin

1 Like

Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by saintkel(m): 9:26pm On May 16, 2022
Fcmb2022:

Okay then.... via Email?
sure dear...but I must warn....I am ugly o
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Eastcoastboy(m): 9:28pm On May 16, 2022
arthurwillia:

Ok
Re: My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. by Eastcoastboy(m): 9:28pm On May 16, 2022
arthurwillia:

Ok thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ozibo Ekele Graduates From University Of Ibadan With CGPA Of 6.6 Breaks Record / Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) / Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.