Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

The World Is Slowly Reaching A Point Where The Boy Child Is Becoming Negleted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The World Is Slowly Reaching A Point Where The Boy Child Is Becoming Negleted (360 Views)

IPOB To Back Tinubu For 2023 Presidency After Reaching A Secret Deal To Conduct / Sheikh Gumi: I Will Lock Aso Rock If My Child Is Kidnapped / Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The World Is Slowly Reaching A Point Where The Boy Child Is Becoming Negleted by Corporate2020: 7:09pm On May 15, 2022
Doubt it?

In 2016, Daily Mail conducted a social experiment where a 6yr old girl named Carly, a 6yr old boy named Sam, a dog, and a cat were abandoned together in Washington Square Park, New York.

The care takers secretly filmed what ensued.

Carly was alone for just 3 minutes before a stranger walked up to her and asked if she was alright.

'I was watching the playground and I saw her standing by herself, and then I looked around to see who was with her and I didn't see anybody. So I went over and said 'are you ok?' and she said that she couldn't find her mom,'

the woman said.

The woman asked if Carly knew her mom's phone number, and then proceeded to call her, as the daily mail crew came out and explained everything to her.

Less than 5 minutes later, another stranger approached the dog (Charlie), and took a look at its leash to try and find it's owner.

“He looked lost and scared”

She later grabbed the leash and was trying to find it's owner when the crew came out and explained everything to her.

10 minutes later, another person approached the cat (miss parberry) and attempted to rescue her. She was sitting in a cat kennel and it got the person worried because the environment was quite hot. The only reason it took long for her to be rescued was because she was in a bag and wasn't easily seen.

More than 45 minutes passed and nobody checked on the little boy as he sat cross-legged on the curb looking confused.

He even began begging for assistance but was ignored. The entire experiment had to be called off after too much time had passed.

I can't even begin to fathom what was going on in the minds of those who chose to rescue the girl (I'm not even going to talk about the pets) and ignored the boy. They couldn't have said they didn't see him because the experiment was specifically designed for all the participants to be very visible.

What were they thinking? What is society thinking? That the little boy could have been able to handle himself, whereas the girl wouldn't have? Or that little girls are more likely to attacked by pedophiles than little boys? Because that's not true.

What shocked me the most was the fact that all the people who rescued the other participants were not just women but mothers.

I'm not trying to scold here, I'm just genuinely curious why nobody came to rescue the little boy. Sam is probably growing up with a small idea of how the world is begining to treat the boy child.

Source: If two children, a cat and dog were left alone, who would be rescued?

Edit: So many people have pointed to the fact that the boy was probably ignored because he was sitting calmly. Seriously? So let me get this straight, you're trying to tell me that if you see a little boy/girl sitting calmly and helplessly at an extremely busy place, you'll go “meh, he seems calm, he's probably on top of the situation”

Like, I'm confused. As a matter of fact, It's more believable for a child to sit quietly and confused (probably sobbing) if he/she is lost, than for the child to pace around and act restless.

I think the boy's reaction is even more typical of a child in such a situation than the girl, and I think that was the effect they were going for

Edit 2: I appreciate the fact that some of you took the time to enlighten me about how flawed the experiment is. However, there's also the aspect where the little boy started asking for assistance, yet nobody tried to help him.

What could be the reason?

SOURCE: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3749187/If-boy-girl-cat-dog-left-park-rescued-Social-experiment-shows-subject-people-responded-fastest-completely-ignored.html

1 Like

Re: The World Is Slowly Reaching A Point Where The Boy Child Is Becoming Negleted by LordIsaac(m): 7:14pm On May 15, 2022
I concur!
Re: The World Is Slowly Reaching A Point Where The Boy Child Is Becoming Negleted by gmacnoms(m): 7:14pm On May 15, 2022
Is there even anything like "boy child"? All we hear is "girl child"

https://www.nairaland.com/7127697/camry-09-sports-nigerian-used

2 Likes

Re: The World Is Slowly Reaching A Point Where The Boy Child Is Becoming Negleted by longetivity(m): 7:34pm On May 15, 2022
God will punish the killer's of DEBORAH SAMUEL
Re: The World Is Slowly Reaching A Point Where The Boy Child Is Becoming Negleted by Corporate2020: 8:53pm On May 15, 2022
longetivity:
God will punish the killer's of DEBORAH SAMUEL

Even their generations yet unborn will never know peace.

Any god that cannot fight for itself is a dog. My own God fights for Himself.

1 Like

Re: The World Is Slowly Reaching A Point Where The Boy Child Is Becoming Negleted by Corporate2020: 8:59pm On May 15, 2022
gmacnoms:
Is there even anything like "boy child"? All we hear is "girl child"

https://www.nairaland.com/7127697/camry-09-sports-nigerian-used

It's really unfortunate. The world will pay dearly for this in the next two to five decades. The world will have billions of responsible women with billions of irresponsible men. It's going to be disastrous.

1 Like

Re: The World Is Slowly Reaching A Point Where The Boy Child Is Becoming Negleted by Ofodirinwa: 9:01pm On May 15, 2022
nna wtf is a boy child? the word boy implies child
Re: The World Is Slowly Reaching A Point Where The Boy Child Is Becoming Negleted by amuwo1980: 9:03pm On May 15, 2022
A lot of men are suffering while women are manipulating the show

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The World Is Slowly Reaching A Point Where The Boy Child Is Becoming Negleted by amuwo1980: 9:04pm On May 15, 2022
Corporate2020:

It's really unfortunate. The world will pay dearly for this in the next two to five decades. The world will have billions of responsible women with billions of irresponsible men. It's going to be disastrous.
What a response? You don’t get do you?
Re: The World Is Slowly Reaching A Point Where The Boy Child Is Becoming Negleted by EmekaA125(m): 9:16pm On May 15, 2022
The world currently is pro-female.
Re: The World Is Slowly Reaching A Point Where The Boy Child Is Becoming Negleted by godofuck231: 9:37pm On May 15, 2022
Wait make war start you go see women inside basket as spoils of war
Re: The World Is Slowly Reaching A Point Where The Boy Child Is Becoming Negleted by Corporate2020: 5:09am On May 16, 2022
godofuck231:
Wait make war start you go see women inside basket as spoils of war

When it comes wars and difficulties, they will push Men to the forefront
Re: The World Is Slowly Reaching A Point Where The Boy Child Is Becoming Negleted by godofuck231: 8:56am On May 16, 2022
Corporate2020:

When it comes wars and difficulties, they will push Men to the forefront
wrong! Its the men who can face reality who push other men , you can't send a woman to war ,she will be captured and we men would have to go rescue them, they are called spoils of war

(1) (Reply)

The Case Of Angry White Men Against Immigrants Like Them / In Anambra, Nanka Village Youths Give Leaders Ultimatum Over Death Of Man In Vig / ( Video ) How 31 People Died In Port Harcourt Today In A Church Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.