Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,469 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise (32824 Views)

Please Advise Me !! An Art Student Under Pressure To Study Nursing / 750 Youths Graduate Under Anambra Government One Youth, One Skill Initiative / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Ibrahimcoomasie: 3:02pm On May 18, 2022
Nursing is better aslong as it is Bachelors of Nursing

Everyone I know that studied Biochem ended up in some other unrelated profession.

Nursing, 100% are working in healthcare settings. One even went on to become a doctor. She is now a ped in California.
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by chrisifeanyi: 3:02pm On May 18, 2022
K
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Dickjo(m): 3:03pm On May 18, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello All,

A friend studied Biochemistry in one of Nigeria's Federal Universities, she has completed NYSC but she dojes not have a job yet.

Her brother who currently resides in the UK wants her to enrol in a school of Nursing in Nigeria and she is not happy with what her brother wants.

I asked her if her brother's reason is because Nursing is profitable in the UK and she said YES, that's his reason. The goal is that she'd eventually relocate to the the UK.

My concerns are:

1. Why study a course like Biochemistry and go back to a school of Nursing? Aren't there better alternatives?
2. Most of the people I know that attended school of Nursing always go back to the Univeristy for BSc. Nursing.
3. School of Nursing in Nigeria will take her about 3 years and I am sure she will still need to write some exams before she will be able to work as a Registered Nurse in the UK.

Are there possibilities of moving to the UK to study that version of Nigerian School of Nursing? If yes, how expensive is it?

On the other hand, if she's able to go to the UK for her masters, masters in what course can she apply for (please bear in my that she is a Biochemistry graduate) that would give her chances of securing a good job in the UK ( At least, a kind of job that would still make her earn something close to what Nurses earn)?

Please advise. Thank you

angry
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Mooh247: 3:04pm On May 18, 2022
Your brother is a wise man, biochemistry is bullshit in Nigerian economy without Research and Development

3 Likes

Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by letitrainnow(m): 3:04pm On May 18, 2022
Nurse
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:04pm On May 18, 2022
Accxx68:
I'm hosting a Free Whatsap group class in regards to Domain flipping..

Let me teach you How to make sustainable cash income for yourself easily by reselling expired domain name's online including the tools to get you started too..

If you're interested, send a text via whatsaaap to the number in my signature, personal text or Profile...

It is Free!
See You At The Top and Thank me Later.
Scammer
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by sisisioge: 3:04pm On May 18, 2022
Someone is helping her strategise her life, she is vexing. Whew! She should continue, how is biochemistry helping her? Na real wa

2 Likes

Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by ajayiopy: 3:04pm On May 18, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello All,

A friend studied Biochemistry in one of Nigeria's Federal Universities, she has completed NYSC but she does not have a job yet.

Her brother who currently resides in the UK wants her to enrol in a school of Nursing in Nigeria and she is not happy with what her brother wants.

I asked her if her brother's reason is because Nursing is profitable in the UK and she said YES, that's his reason. The goal is that she'd eventually relocate to the the UK.

My concerns are:

1. Why study a course like Biochemistry and go back to a school of Nursing? Aren't there better alternatives?
2. Most of the people I know that attended school of Nursing always go back to the Univeristy for BSc. Nursing.
3. School of Nursing in Nigeria will take her about 3 years and I am sure she will still need to write some exams before she will be able to work as a Registered Nurse in the UK.

Are there possibilities of moving to the UK to study that version of Nigerian School of Nursing? If yes, how expensive is it?

On the other hand, if she's able to go to the UK for her masters, masters in what course can she apply for (please bear in my that she is a Biochemistry graduate) that would give her chances of securing a good job in the UK ( At least, a kind of job that would still make her earn something close to what Nurses earn)?

Please advise. Thank you
PLEASE LET HER APPLY FOR NURSING SHARPERLY.
MY WIFE STUDIED ZOOLOGY,SHE IS IN SCHOOL OF NURSING PRESENTLY.

2 Likes

Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Dickjo(m): 3:06pm On May 18, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello All,

A friend studied Biochemistry in one of Nigeria's Federal Universities, she has completed NYSC but she does not have a job yet.

My concerns are:

Please advise. Thank you

bro how can a man study nurse? (a womens job).....bro he gay, truus me. he definitely gay sir!(no oofenese) angry
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Tbbt4: 3:06pm On May 18, 2022
Ehya
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Mindlog: 3:07pm On May 18, 2022
Aderin0la:
Unless your friend is passionate about science or research, I’ll advise she takes the advice of that person and go to nursing school if she plans to relocate here, although that’s still dependent on whether she has passion for healthcare. If she’s rich enough and doesn’t want to study in Nigeria, she can build up healthcare experience and apply to accelerated Masters in Nursing programs (Pre-registration) in the UK. It’s 2 years instead and she can register with NMC as a UK RN after graduation.

When you talk about maybe there being another alternative with her biochemistry degree, I did biosciences as well and a bioscience masters here. I was able to get 2 job offers, one as a lab person in the NHS and another as a research assistant. I took the research assistant post cuz it’s at the No1 Uni here in the UK (UniofCam). However I’ve found research / being confined to a lab to be boring, and tbh most people going down that route would have to spend longer years getting a PhD, else you’ll not be able to get a higher up position. However Nursing seems more interesting to me, reason why I’m starting an accelerated nursing program in 3months. Most Nigerians like me too studied Microbiology / Biochemistry / Cell Biology / Molecular Biology and the likes as a first degree because we didn’t meet the cut off for medicine or nursing or dentistry or the other medical courses. So if that’s the case for your friend, she should grab this opportunity for a career in healthcare. It’s totally worth it (IMO).

Which Uni are you starting the accelerated nursing program?
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Riverrun: 3:08pm On May 18, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello All,

My concerns are:

Please advise. Thank you

Don't know why I am tempted to write this here, maybe because I gave up such opportunity 13years ago which I still regret today.

So from experience, I am telling you to go do that nursing now if you don't want to regret like me because you may never get job for life with that Bch certificate of yours, Sadly and unfortunately.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Thacutegemini: 3:08pm On May 18, 2022
How
dalass:

OP, if the brother will finance it, let her go for Nursing ASAP. With her background in Biochemistrm, she will ace her results...

My sister was a science student but she later changed to commercial, she even became chartered as an accountant. Worked in banks but even Nurses earned more till she went back to Nursing. Nursing pays o
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 18, 2022
No

Everyone struggling to relocate to UK. Why can't you people build your country?
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by mayowascholar(m): 3:09pm On May 18, 2022
I love that brotherly advice.
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Thacutegemini: 3:10pm On May 18, 2022
Like she wrote waec again ?
dalass:

OP, if the brother will finance it, let her go for Nursing ASAP. With her background in Biochemistry, she will ace her results...

My sister was a science student but she later changed to commercial, she even became chartered as an accountant. Worked in banks but even Nurses earned more till she went back to Nursing. Nursing pays o
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Moneyyman: 3:10pm On May 18, 2022
Duuuuuuude! Unless she has an alternative way to make money, please encourage her to study nursing.

Please, tell her:

1. She should register ASAP as some school of nursing are still registering new intakes.

2. Focus, study and finish within 3 years.

3. Move abroad to work and continue her schooling. There are accredited conversion courses (RN to B.N.Sc.) courses that only take a year abroad).

4. She will find work. Nurses are in short supply everywhere and in the UK, she'll find work. Pounds no be Naira.

5. Finally, if she refuses, ask her what her plans are for her career. Biochemistry can't do anything for her unless she goes for an M.Sc and PhD and start hustling lecturing jobs here.

See opportunities wey people dey find naim she use dey play! Who get head no get cap; who get cap no get head. undecided

NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello All,

My concerns are:

Please advise. Thank you

6 Likes

Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by MrDebonair: 3:11pm On May 18, 2022
If she can afford £18,500 per year for a 2yr programme in MSc Nursing (Mental Health). Otherwise best to study the Nursing in Nigeria.
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Bluesearoll(m): 3:12pm On May 18, 2022
Can 270 marks (jamb) get you to UI for LAW?
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by spencekat(m): 3:14pm On May 18, 2022
YoungLionken:
Advise your friend to go for nursing..

Gone are those days that we decide based on passion, now it is strictly based on finance and job security.[/b] Except you don't have the brain for it..[b]

If I had known, I would have studied medicine at all cost...
You are damn correct.Things have evolved.

2 Likes

Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Judolisco(m): 3:14pm On May 18, 2022
She should listen to her bro she has nothing to lose... I have a bachelor's degree in environmental health... I'm considering going back to sch to study medicine
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Munzy14(m): 3:14pm On May 18, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello All,

My concerns are:

Please advise. Thank you
As long as the brother will finance it, and she has bio-chem certificate already, she will do well..

Let her try and marry as well...The brother might be a destiny helper for her and the guy that will marry her.
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Thacutegemini: 3:14pm On May 18, 2022
I’m even thinking of changing my mind too
dalass:

OP, if the brother will finance it, let her go for Nursing ASAP. With her background in Biochemistry, she will ace her results.. the my

Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by nedekid: 3:16pm On May 18, 2022
My lady friend that was a bank manager with eco Bank is now a registered nurse in the US.
At babcock University, the most exclusive courses are medicine, law and "Nursing"!
Better rush and do the nursing sharp sharp, before you know 3 years has passed, then you start making cool sweet cash!

5 Likes

Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by na2016: 3:18pm On May 18, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello All,

My concerns are:

Please advise. Thank you

Nursing is selling now. It will be a lot easier for her to pass nursing. I will advise her to quickly find a way and study that course.
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by Lepon02: 3:19pm On May 18, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello All,

My concerns are:

Please advise. Thank you

Ok.
Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by adecz: 3:19pm On May 18, 2022
Medical and paramedical workers
are in short supply and highly needed
in Europe..... Fact❗️❗️❗️

With a nursing qualification, she will
be earning close to 10 timeswhat a
doctor earns in Nigeria, possibly not less
than N2.5 million equivalent in one month.☑️

Ten years in Europe and she will be
ready to retire comfortably if she desires.☑️

With people like Buhari and his type
in power, there is no hope for youth
in this country.❌❌❌❌❌

Don't be there answering Biochemist
by mouth & can't feed yourself, talk less
of feeding your parents..

Delay is dangerous❗️❗️❗️

2 Likes

Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by ozo13(m): 3:20pm On May 18, 2022
the day i learnt a law school graduate enrolled in school of nursing was the day i knew 9ja no easy again.even people with masters are doing the same. Even Doctors now dey envy nurses as their exam criteria to enter/japa into UK /US is very easy.
Please tell the lady to do exactly as she was advised by her brother unless she is very sure of securing job anytime soon.even if she sees one how quality is the salary to take her home through the month.even my salary of nearly 300k can barely last me a month as everyone sha wan chop from am.the country is jus too hard abeg

"Big" babes wey choose abuja (sit of power) during NYSC thinking of having connection to land them a big job after service will tell u how Nigeria can be frustrating. grin. Many are even ashamed to tell u their stories of how idiots slept with them and still yet no Job

7 Likes

Re: Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:21pm On May 18, 2022
petaling:
No

Everyone struggling to relocate to UK. Why can't you people build your country?

Who are you, and where are you from

People all from over the world migrate, whether they've built their own country or not; it's not a Nigerian thing.

Where i live in the Middle East, there are a lot of British and European workers, who left their own developed countries to live and work here.
How about the Indians and the Chinese? You will see them practically in every country in this world.

There are many reasons for migration

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Should Write ICAN Instead Of ACCA / Bristow Helicopters Sacks 100 Pilots, Engineers / How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.