Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Nice Information For Women Coming To The US/North America - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nice Information For Women Coming To The US/North America (1208 Views)

Warning To Women Coming To Turkey For Prostitution(photos) / My German Fiancee Is Coming To Nigeria In 4 Weeks Time / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nice Information For Women Coming To The US/North America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:12am On May 16, 2022
Are you a woman heading to America for schooling?
Do you have good braiding skills, good time management, and a good attitude? Braiding is a very valuable skill for women in the US. A good braider is always in high demand, especially on Uni campuses, this is an easy way to earn cash. On average, black woman in America pay between $50-$300 for braids and $25-$100 for small girls braids, depending on the style. Depending on the state you’re headed to, you might not need a license. I’ll kindly answer questions specific to this subject.

Check your state’s requirements:
https://www.beautyschoolsdirectory.com/programs/hair-braiding-school/licensing

Canada’s requirements can be Googled but read this good story on Canada’s shortage of hair braiders:
https://globalnews.ca/news/6578482/black-hair-products-cost/amp/

5 Likes

Re: Nice Information For Women Coming To The US/North America by bukhety(f): 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2022
1stGenAmerican:
Are you a woman heading to America for schooling?
Do you have good braiding skills, good time management, and a good attitude? Braiding is a very valuable skill for women in the US. A good braider is always in high demand, especially on Uni campuses, this is an easy way to earn cash. On average, black woman in America pay between $50-$300 for braids and $25-$100 for small girls braids, depending on the style. Depending on the state you’re headed to, you might not need a license. I’ll kindly answer questions specific to this subject.

Check your state’s requirements:
https://www.beautyschoolsdirectory.com/programs/hair-braiding-school/licensing

Canada’s requirements can be Googled but read this good story on Canada’s shortage of hair braiders:
https://globalnews.ca/news/6578482/black-hair-products-cost/amp/
What about sewing? Is there a chance for someone who knows how to sew?
Re: Nice Information For Women Coming To The US/North America by chaiks: 10:00pm On Jun 24, 2022
What about men? Which skill can a man learn before coming to USA?
Re: Nice Information For Women Coming To The US/North America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:38am On Jun 28, 2022
bukhety:

Definitely. If you are skilled in making apparel worn in the west.
Re: Nice Information For Women Coming To The US/North America by ednut1(m): 1:40am On Jun 28, 2022
bukhety:

people wear african cloths on rare occasions/ summer time. How many customers can you typically get
Re: Nice Information For Women Coming To The US/North America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:53am On Jun 28, 2022
ednut1:
people wear african cloths on rare occasions/ summer time. How many customers can you typically get

I wonder if they understood that I meant braiding and sewing are great skills for those already bound for the US by other means.
Re: Nice Information For Women Coming To The US/North America by Cousin9999: 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2022
Starting a daycare can be lucrative and doesn't require much work, unless you're watching babies. You can run it out of your house.

Just make sure you're licensed and insured.
Re: Nice Information For Women Coming To The US/North America by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
Take it from an American, a daycare is one of the hardest businesses to start and maintain in America. Insurance premiums are very steep. The slightest mistake can land you in jail, bankrupt, or both.

3 Likes

Re: Nice Information For Women Coming To The US/North America by bukhety(f): 7:07am On Jul 02, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I wonder if they understood that I meant braiding and sewing are great skills for those already bound for the US by other means.
I understood your post perfectly. I have plans to enter the US via the f1 Visa route.
Thanks for sharing!

(1) (Reply)

JAPA Update / My Journey From Lagos To Kogi State By Road / How Does People Residing In Ibeju Lekki Coping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.