Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet (47381 Views)

WHY I WEPT By Rev. Yinka Yusuf / COVID-19: Yinka Akinbami Is Dead. House On The Rock Pastor Dies / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by gentleguy1975: 3:59pm On May 17, 2022
jmoore:

John 20:28 "Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

and what was his response? and again give just a verse where he called himself God, and don't forget there are several verses where he said:my God and your God!
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by ArcGibson(m): 4:00pm On May 17, 2022
Yes

We must all go to Aso Rock tomorrow...

This is blasphemy.

He must be burnt
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by barrackozone(m): 4:00pm On May 17, 2022
xpressionx:
Good one.

Jesus is Lord.

Muslims copied the Holy Bible and corrupted it.
That's why there are Christian events there.

[/b]but the Bible didn't have a single record of quran events.[b]

You're the dumbest person to ever grace our planet.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 "prove all things before casting aspersions"

John 8:32 "you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free"

Ignorance they say, is darkness!
Yet these folks can't ask questions.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by jmoore(m): 4:00pm On May 17, 2022
gentleguy1975:
and what was his response? and again give just a verse where he called himself God, and don't forget there are several verses where he said:my God and your God!
Did Jesus rebuke him from calling him God?

Jews killed Jesus because he claimed he is God.

1 Like

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by gentleguy1975: 4:03pm On May 17, 2022
jmoore:

Did Jesus rebuke him from calling him God?

Jews killed Jesus because he claimed he is God.
give me the verse where he claimed to be God, please
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by UtuokeAlcoholic: 4:04pm On May 17, 2022
jmoore:

He explained to you, still you are insisting to be dumb.

The point is that people will always disagree on belief. But no one should kill.

Muslims disrespect Jesus Christ but Christians don't go looking to kill them.

Mr man you didn't get the point. The girl insulted the Prophet, she was not lynched because she disagreed with Muslims belief. Definitely She was not the only Christian in that school, then why was she singled out for lynching?

If someone believes in the prophethood or message of Muhammad then that person is a Muslim, just like if someone believes in lordship of Jesus then the person is automatically a Christian. The point is, disagreeing with someone's belief is not the same thing as insulting someone's must reverent religion figure.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by thesicilian: 4:06pm On May 17, 2022
UtuokeAlcoholic:

I have never seen re.tarded people in existence except Christians. Since you believe a mortal human being is a God, so everyone must have the same belief as you otherwise it is blasphemy. This means there is no more freedom of religion in this country again if a citizen didn't share your beliefs.
Your name is apt
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by ovcwality(m): 4:06pm On May 17, 2022
UtuokeAlcoholic:

Mr man you didn't get the point. The girl insulted the Prophet, she was not lynched because she disagreed with Muslims belief. If someone believes in the prophethood or message of Muhammad then that person is a Muslim, just like if someone believes in lordship of Jesus then the person is automatically a Christian. The point is, disagreeing with someone's belief is not the same thing as insulting someone's must reverent religion figure.
You lie, I swear if someone say muhammed is not the prophet of god in muslim region he/she will be kill.
It is even allege she was just furious with them always sending religion stuff in the school whatsapp group and she said stop posting stupid religion stuff or whatever in the group and she was killed and acused of blasphemy
I am very sure she doesn't even understand arabic
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On May 17, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Gbamsulotely, Buhari should be set ablaze for blasphemy sad
■ Your Pastor is wrong because Jesus Christ is a Prophet.... Jesus Christ Himself confirmed this when He said Moses wrote about Him in the Old Covenant Law - Deuteronomy 18 . undecided

■Your Pastor is wrong because blasphemy, as defined by Jesus Christ is insult against the Spirit of God, not against Jesus Christ or even God Himself. lipsrsealed

Save your souls from Hell by refusing to heed the words of these false teachers and false prophets who are your pastors and mogs. undecided

Under no circumstances should Christians endorse lies in the name of Jesus Christ. lipsrsealed
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by 0taPiaPia(m): 4:07pm On May 17, 2022
MorataFC:
Yes, a first degree blasphemy

Oh lawd... Laugh wan tear my bele.
So this one deserves burning and using the ash to wash pots.

#Abeg I no support jungle justice.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by J3susFr3ak: 4:08pm On May 17, 2022
gentleguy1975:

One of the core identifiers of the God is the way He revealed Himself to the Jews as I AM. This was first to Moses (when He told him to tell them I AM sent you) and then others.

Jesus called Himself by that very name I AM which really did triggered the Jews more and ordered for His crucifixion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by UtuokeAlcoholic: 4:08pm On May 17, 2022
lexy2014:

But if christians disagree with Muslims on who Mohammed is, what is the result?
Mr man you didn't get the point. The girl insulted the Prophet, she was not lynched because she disagreed with Muslims belief. Definitely She was not the only Christian in that school, then why was she singled out for lynching?

If someone believes in the prophethood or message of Muhammad then that person is a Muslim, just like if someone believes in lordship of Jesus then the person is automatically a Christian.

The point is, disagreeing with someone's belief is not the same thing as insulting someone's must reverent religion figure.

1 Like

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by YakubuA: 4:08pm On May 17, 2022
TMSMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1420141/blasphemy-pastor-yinka-yusuf-faults-president-buhari-referring-jesus-prophet-video/

Mr. Pastor Your Bible say Jesus was a messenger of God and a Prophet. So there is no blasphemy.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by abbey621(m): 4:08pm On May 17, 2022
J3susFr3ak:

Do you think you would have had the comfortable life you have now in USAs Bible Belt if the Christian Puritans there did not lay a firm foundation for their very nation?

During the Pandemic when even well to do families were affected...who were opening their doors to feed the poor and help the needy? The Church! It is quite funny since I have also witnessed how much Somalians and other Muslim groups will also come to the Church for the free Food Hamper yet would want nothing to do with the very message from the very Bread of Life.

Church? Where did you get theat stat from? the government did more for the poor than any church, the two stimulus payments, the ban on eviction and many more measures did more for poor folks than any church, no vex me! Apart from working and living in the USA, I'm well versed in American and world history. The Christian Puritans that you mentioned are responsible for most of the attrocities committed in the nation's history. From the killing of Native Americans to the enslavement of black people. Let's not talk about bombing of abortion clinics, the assasination of Lincoln and JFK and so on. In fact if America had chosen to remain religious like it was in the past, most of us would be walking in chains.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Demoautocracy1: 4:09pm On May 17, 2022
Nothing can be as blasphemous as, when followers of a god be it Christians or Muslims or any other religion fight in defence of their god. It's not only blasphemous, but also belittling and a gross exposure of the powerlessness nature of such god. Thinking is part of living. Deborah, your demise is still very painful to my soul. You are a sister from another tribe, region and locality. But blood all run in our systems as humans. I say a very big NO to religion no matter the Kind.

1 Like

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by AlphaTaikun: 4:09pm On May 17, 2022
OyinO:
The Murder of Deborah Yakubu by religious fanatics and the chilled silence by the Northern leadership shows that the far north has chained itself or put itself in bondage to superstition and irrational beliefs. If a few youths can murder a young lady and the leadership keep silent because of the fear of repercussions from the fanatics they created and groomed, then the far north is doomed to self destruction if it cannot find the strength to root out irrational religious extremism from its midst.

Killing a person because of perceived blasphemy is tantamount to human sacrifice to a man made deity. I say man made, because The Omnipotent Omniscient Creator Supreme does not need to murder its own creation or order human beings to murder its own creation, just because that human being failed to acknowledge Its own existence. If indeed human beings are created in the Image of the Creator Supreme, endowed with the faculty of choice, I.e. Free Will, then automatically it follows that some will choose to believe or not believe. The so called crime of blasphemy is in reality the crime of not believing. Beliefs can be true and false, and human beings have intelligence and intellect to critically examine all beliefs and decide for themselves what to believe and what not to believe. Indeed believing is a shallow use of the human intellect, that requires no intellectual effort. It is better to understand and gain insight into the workings of nature and thus arrive at knowledge and develop a system of knowledge that gives you success.

Blasphemy arose when imperialists and oligarchs hijacked religions. They banished religious tolerance and called it polytheism. They created their own god (a reflection of their own Ego) and a belief system around it and called it monotheism. They made this one god (the Ego of the Oligarch or tyrant) the state religion, and proceeded to persecute all other competing religious and spiritual systems, punishing the practitioners as heresies and blasphemers. This is what happened. That is why some of continue to question, what god are you talking about? Is it the Creator Supreme, or a substitute, the Ego of the ruling tyranny masquerading as a Supreme Deity?

In this age of knowledge we must be able to challenge beliefs and also do critical analysis of all systems of beliefs and knowledge. Can the Omnipotent Creator Supreme be afraid of such enquiries and interrogation by its own creation, whom are only fulfilling the reason they are created. This reason is to Know their Creator and give IT the Experience of IT BEING THE CREATOR OF ALL.
Very well said.

The Muslim Arabs and Europeans brutally enslaved and killed Africans for centuries and
justified it with references from
their so-called religious teachings.

It is a big shame that the Africans have elevated the fossilized religions of the Muslim Arab and Euro plantation slave oppressors
to a fanatical status. The ultimate
delusion of grandeur and psychosis!

Till date, those Arabs use a
derogatory name for Africans even online but I won't type it here. Yet you have some neurotic Africans in Nigeria justifying with religion the open murder of a girl in an academic environment.

Europeans have even liberated
themselves from dogmatic xtianity and religion which held Europeans down during the medieval era.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On May 17, 2022
SARSCoV2:
You people confuse yourself with English.

Did other prophets deliver marijuana? Wasn't it messages from God they all delivered?

Now he is the message, Later you will say he is God.

Sigh... One thing that made ditch Christianity was that, I read the book to points where I realized it was so flexible that you can twist it to any length.
You can even use it to support Deborah`s lynching.
It's ok that you ditched Christianity for reasons known to but it is a fact that in the Kingdom of God, not only is Jesus Christ a Prophet(a messenger) but He is also God's message since He is the embodiment of God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God, in addition to being God over all in His Kingdom. undecided
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Diligence: 4:11pm On May 17, 2022
John 20:28

[28]And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 20:31

[31]But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 1:1
[1]In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Kobojunkie: 4:11pm On May 17, 2022
leofab:
have you read the Torah? Maybe you are not asking question either.
What about the Torah? undecided
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On May 17, 2022
PoliteActivist:
For real. Serious blasphemy
If Christians were like Muslims Bubu go collect
■ Your Pastor is wrong because Jesus Christ is a Prophet.... Jesus Christ Himself confirmed this when He said Moses wrote about Him in the Old Covenant Law - Deuteronomy 18 . undecided

■Your Pastor is wrong because blasphemy, as defined by Jesus Christ is insult against the Spirit of God, not against Jesus Christ or even God Himself. lipsrsealed

Save your souls from Hell by refusing to heed the words of these false teachers and false prophets who are your pastors and mogs. undecided

Under no circumstances should Christians endorse lies in the name of Jesus Christ. lipsrsealed
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On May 17, 2022
RALPHOW:

Judgement for this type of blasphemy is written in
Luke 19:27
New International Version
27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”
What in the world are you on about? undecided

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On May 17, 2022
EmmyDJourno:
Jesus is God
But man can not describe its incomprehensible depth to you
You need the Holy Spirit to see it
According to Jesus Christ, all that is necessary is understanding, starting with even basic human language comprehension skills - Matthew 13 vs 10 - 12 and Mark 4 vs 22 -24 undecided
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Karemarealty288(m): 4:14pm On May 17, 2022
englishmart:
Muhammad is dead and gone, just like everyone who once walked the earth. Nothing spectacular about the truculent jihadist.

Every sane person who is alive currently is far better than Michael Faraday, Einstein, Maria Curie, Shakespeare, Abraham Lincoln, Mandela, Muhammad.
Foolishness is not enough to make you kill a living being because of a long decayed piece of mud. It takes an epitomy of idiocy to be that barbaric and hopelessly outdated

Not even Nigerian mud........mud that never defended them during terror attacks and hunger.

1 Like

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On May 17, 2022
Lovelife433:
just shot up ogbeni, Fear fear efulefu man.

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by jmoore(m): 4:15pm On May 17, 2022
gentleguy1975:

The verse I gave you about Thomas, is it from Qur'an? Just guys keep shifting goal post up and down

The Jews that interacted with Jesus knew what he said.

"Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, 'I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?' 'We are not stoning you for any of these,' replied the Jews, 'but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God' " (John 10:30-33 )."

Jesus called himself God when he said "I AM".

And Jesus says

“I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the
right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the
clouds of heaven.”

The high priest responds ‘You have heard the
blasphemy.’ (Mark 14:62-63).

The high priest heard Jesus statement as a claim to be the Son of Man and therefore ruling as God!

1 Like

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Lepon02: 4:15pm On May 17, 2022
UtuokeAlcoholic:

That is the highest form of ignorance Since Jesus is a God, so everyone must have the same belief as him otherwise it is blasphemy. This means there is no more freedom of religion in this country again if a citizen didn't share his beliefs.

Koshi daaaaanu!

Jesus is a messenger of God, a prophet!

End.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On May 17, 2022
simplesearch:
It was just an allusion to counter Muslims on the barbaric manner in which they always try to defend their faith or whatever they felt negate their preconceived ideas on how things should be said or done.
Earnestly contending for the faith is not radicalism or a way to generate controversy, but being able to speak up and correct erroneous teachings about our faith without resorting to violence.

Whereas Deborah may have overstepped her boundaries, but nothing on earth gives anyone the right to take the life of another especially where such person does not constitute a threat to anyone's continous physical existence. If it's a matter of word, name, belief or doctrine, it's something that can always be resolved no matter the level of provocation involved.

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On May 17, 2022
drakeli:
Yes Jesus was sent just as a father (God) would send his son (Jesus).

Jesus is not a prophet. Jesus is bigger than that.

Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by UtuokeAlcoholic: 4:16pm On May 17, 2022
AutoC:

Since you also belive that it is wrong to insult your pedophilia Mohamed, so everyone must also belive thesame way ? Are you even listening to yourself?
Deaf, dumb and blind, they will never understand. Your intellect is lower than any known and unknown beast.
I'm sorry your comprehension disability is not my fault.
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Kakamorufu(m): 4:17pm On May 17, 2022
Make I dey look sha
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On May 17, 2022
kayuseful:
Don't lift this out of context
The context is Muslims view of Jesus vs Christians
Jesus is "prophet", yes. But is He "prophet" in the way Muslims believe?
Is he just one of the prophets?
Jesus Christ no send anyone to debate such meaningless nonsense.. undecided
Re: That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet by UtuokeAlcoholic: 4:20pm On May 17, 2022
Youngjohnosas:
so the Muslims should stop crying when we don’t regard Muhammad or call him a false prophet.

If someone believes in the prophethood or message of Muhammad then that person is a Muslim, just like if someone believes in lordship of Jesus then the person is automatically a Christian.
No Muslim will bother himself when you call Muhammad false prophet. What provoke Muslims in insulting their prophet.

The point is, disagreeing with someone's belief is not the same thing as insulting someone's must reverent religion figure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

Kenyan Pastor Storms Mortuary To Resurrect Wife, But Failed (Photos) / 10 Quotes Of Pastor Adeboye That Trended On Social Media / Jide Macaulay: "I Regret Not Knowing I Was Gay Before I Got Married"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.