Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal (12867 Views)

Elon Musk Says Twitter Deal Is Temporarily On Hold. See Why / Twitter DMs To Have End To End Encryption - Elon Musk / Do You Still Doubt Nokia? Check Out The New Nokia 7.2 With Four Cameras (2) (3) (4)

Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by Ibime(m): 12:55pm On May 17, 2022
Kobicove:

True the guy is wealthy but he talks too much undecided

It's not everything that should be brought to the public domain

Bringing it to the public domain is to manipulate the price down.

By the time the price drops to $20 and he offers $25 last price, they will be forced to accept - as against his initial offer of $54

The guy is a cynical operator. SEC should come down on him

Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by Virgo3: 1:26pm On May 17, 2022
omohayek:
Musk is just looking for an excuse to get out of the deal without having to pay the $1 billion penalty he agreed to if he did so. He's already gotten what he wanted out of the exercise, which was to get attention for himself from "alt right", Trump-worshipping types by "trolling the libs".
what are you saying, in the deal they both agreed(twitter and Elon) it was stated that spam bots is let than 5 percent of the total users which made him agree to that fee, but an Independent miami technology research claim they are over 20 percent spam bot which means they wanted to Rob him blind. Musk nah called for forensic report from outsiders (Researchers) Twitter refused citing privacy of the users must be protected. Now they are even suggesting that it could be up to 50 percent of the users that are fake while twitter is saying only 5. It is just you wanted a phone and you saw one that fit your price, you asked any problem they told you just the charging spot you come agree online to come pay for the item the next day you nah took the picture to show your bro who is a an electrical engineer to show off the phone you getting, your bro who is street smart saw the cost and could see and sense ther are more issues wrong with the phone you nah wrote the seller of the phone can you bring your engineer along to look at the phone They said no that you have to pay first. Normal he would look for another deal but in US coz dem Don agree and all he might be forced to pay 1 bill dollars to twitter if it pull outs of the deal so he is trying to fight for an outsider audit to see truly the cost of twitter and pay. Trust me the way Jack Dorsey and the board agreed so fast and easy they must have been overpriced

Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by Atllanta: 1:29pm On May 17, 2022
baba dae fear
baba no wan broke
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by Kobicove(m): 1:37pm On May 17, 2022
historyles:
Too many funny comments on NL.

Can't you guys follow the wonderful business intrigues here and savor it?

Elon is taking us all to business school here and some of you are throwing childish comments around

Go get your writing pads and take notes!

Which yeye business school?

Elon Musk is a garrulous buffoon who lacks polish if you must know.

Most of these things he's ranting about in public are usually covered by a Non Disclosure Agreement and should never be discussed with third parties until the deal is sealed

I once worked in the investment unit of an international advisory firm so I'm talking based on firsthand experience!

Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by Carlyboi(m): 2:25pm On May 17, 2022
PoliteActivist:

But why did they lie that fakes are less than 5% - and won't allow outside experts to come in and give fairly accurate number??!!

It’s Elon claiming they’re more than 5% so you can’t be so sure he isn’t wrong.He is projecting and using hypotheticals too...And unless he has committed a large or at least half of the acquisition fee already I don’t see any reason while Twitter would open her company up for Elon’s outside experts to dissect when he can just walk out of the deal and if that happens Twitter would be at the receiving end of whatever discoveries which would make the company more vulnerable and less valuable than it is right now...I think they need to have some binding contractual terms or clauses that would protect both sides and Musk needs to be more committed and more discreet bout the acquisition.

Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by nextstep(m): 3:11pm On May 17, 2022
PoliteActivist:

But if you assure me there is only one but I come dey see five, nko?

You have a point...
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by PoliteActivist: 3:24pm On May 17, 2022
Carlyboi:

It’s Elon claiming they’re more than 5% so you can’t be so sure he isn’t wrong too..he’s projecting and using hypotheticals too...And unless he has committed a large or at least half of the acquisition fee already I don’t see any reason while Twitter would open her company up for Elon’s outside experts to dissect when he can just walk out of the deal and if that happens Twitter would be at the receiving end of whatever discoveries which would make the company more vulnerable and less valuable than it is right now...I think they need to have some binding contractual terms or clauses that would protect both sides and Musk needs to be more committed and more discreet bout the acquisition.

They are the ones who assured Elon the fakes were less than 5%. He's since discovered grounds to believe they are more than 20%.
INDEPENDENT outside experts not in any way affiliated with Musk - and Twitter refuses it.
Also, Elon has announced he'd buy at a cheaper price.
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by Carlyboi(m): 3:39pm On May 17, 2022
PoliteActivist:

They are the ones who assured Elon the fakes were less than 5%. He's since discovered grounds to believe they are more than 20%.
INDEPENDENT outside experts not in any way affiliated with Musk - and Twitter refuses it.
Also, Elon has announced he'd buy at a cheaper price.

That is the reason a contract/paperwork has to be drawn by both sides with protection clauses,T&Cs..so the individual and the company won’t get exposed or be vulnerable if the deal falls through he can’t just expect Twitter to allow some so called “ outside experts “ who might even have it in for Twitter already to come in and dissect Twitter has a company especially on the issue of membership which is very critical I won’t do that too unless Elon is absolutely committed to the acquisition that would be risky,managerially naive and amateurish on the Twitter’s board part.

Elon would have nothing to lose or at the most $1bn while the valuation and future of Twitter would be at stake!They have to be circumspect with their actions and decisions at this point.
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by PoliteActivist: 3:52pm On May 17, 2022
Carlyboi:

That is the reason a contract/paperwork has to be drawn by both sides with protection clauses,T&Cs..so the individual and the company won’t get exposed or be vulnerable if the deal falls through he can’t just expect Twitter to allow some so called “ outside experts “ who might even have it in for Twitter already to come in and dissect Twitter has a company especially on the issue of membership which is very critical I won’t do that too unless Elon is absolutely committed to the acquisition that would be risky,managerially naive and amateurish on the Twitter’s board part.

Elon would have nothing to lose or at the most $1bn while the valuation and future of Twitter would be at stake!They have to be circumspect with their actions and decisions at this point.

So you think the army of lawyers on both sides who helped put the deal together didn't think of all that?
Whatever happens, if the deal fails there will definitely be lawsuits
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by Carlyboi(m): 4:16pm On May 17, 2022
PoliteActivist:

So you think the army of lawyers on both sides who helped put the deal together didn't think of all that?

You think they did and all this is coming out now?

Well,irrespective it’s Musk and Twitter’s Ax to grind.I’m done here man!
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by y3mi(m): 4:37pm On May 17, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Certainly
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by PoliteActivist: 6:28pm On May 17, 2022
Carlyboi:

You think they did and all this is coming out now?

Well,irrespective it’s Musk and Twitter’s Ax to grind.I’m done here man!

You don't even know half of it. There is even an NDA on Musk
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by Carlyboi(m): 6:39pm On May 17, 2022
PoliteActivist:

You don't even know half of it. There is even an NDA on Musk

And you don’t think that should be binding or valid...even with that in place Musk has been running his mouth and doing all sorts of expose groaning bout one thing or the other.
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by PoliteActivist: 6:54pm On May 17, 2022
Carlyboi:

And you don’t think that should be binding or valid...even with that in place Musk has been running his mouth and doing all sorts of expose groaning bout one thing or the other.

The lawyers already called him out on it (use google).
One of the reasons lawsuits are inevitable if the deal fails
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by HardMirror(m): 6:55pm On May 17, 2022
Mooh247:

Come to Nairaland where 50% account are fake, female gender is used by some silly guys, some are genderless as they swing from male to female at will.... Everyone has an alternative Account even Mods and the owner

u no lie. Na that genderless people dey vex me pass. Many girls pretending to be men and many men pretending to be girls
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by HardMirror(m): 7:01pm On May 17, 2022
Virgo3:
what are you saying, in the deal they both agreed(twitter and Elon) it was stated that spam bots is let than 5 percent of the total users which made him agree to that fee, but an Independent miami technology research claim they are over 20 percent spam bot which means they wanted to Rob him blind. Musk nah called for forensic report from outsiders (Researchers) Twitter refused citing privacy of the users must be protected. Now they are even suggesting that it could be up to 50 percent of the users that are fake while twitter is saying only 5. It is just you wanted a phone and you saw one that fit your price, you asked any problem they told you just the charging spot you come agree online to come pay for the item the next day you nah took the picture to show your bro who is a an electrical engineer to show off the phone you getting, your bro who is street smart saw the cost and could see and sense ther are more issues wrong with the phone you nah wrote the seller of the phone can you bring your engineer along to look at the phone They said no that you have to pay first. Normal he would look for another deal but in US coz dem Don agree and all he might be forced to pay 1 bill dollars to twitter if it pull outs of the deal so he is trying to fight for an outsider audit to see truly the cost of twitter and pay. Trust me the way Jack Dorsey and the board agreed so fast and easy they must have been overpriced
you made a lot of sense.
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by planetx: 7:15pm On May 17, 2022
frog12:
he realised he OVERPAID for twitter grin grin grin grin
No payment have been made yet, just an offer. Don't even think he intended buying twitter in the first place.
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by OgaTheTop2: 8:32pm On May 17, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
46Billion Dollars
Thanks jare. I know say na Billions in $s.. smiley
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by OgaTheTop2: 8:33pm On May 17, 2022
Nyne:

Not even 14, 44b Benjamins.
Thanks jare. I know say na Billions in $s. cheesy
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by Carlyboi(m): 9:09pm On May 17, 2022
PoliteActivist:

The lawyers already called him out on it (use google).
One of the reasons lawsuits are inevitable if the deal fails

I should use google what are you on about dude?
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by PoliteActivist: 9:15pm On May 17, 2022
Carlyboi:

I should use google what are you on about dude?

Didn't want to say the demeaning "Google is your friend"

See below - easily got it from Google. Answers all you've been asking

HardMirror:
you made a lot of sense.
Virgo3

He did, except the $10B part. See below

Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by Carlyboi(m): 9:31pm On May 17, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Didn't want to say the demeaning "Google is your friend"

See below - easily got it from Google. Answers all you've been asking

Ok,I get you now.
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by PoliteActivist: 9:32pm On May 17, 2022
Carlyboi:

Ok,I get you now.

Uwc
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by DCatt: 4:35am On May 18, 2022
It becomes a problem when bots and spams make almost half of the accounts. Just wait till the shareholders sue the crap out of Twitter and collapse under its own weight of illegal activities. What about people paying for ads with the hope of having that many people see the products and there was no disclosure of having half of the accounts as fake? Trump go kuku use his new acquisition company buy am from bankruptcy court or let it die.
helinues:
Then Elon is not serious of buying Twitter.

There will always be fake accounts which at least should be from 10%.
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by DCatt: 4:55am On May 18, 2022
He won't have to pay the $1 billion walkaway fee since it's looking more like Twitter was trying to scam Elmu.
Carlyboi:

Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by Carlyboi(m): 6:56am On May 18, 2022
DCatt:
He won't have to pay the $1 billion walkaway fee since it's looking more like Twitter was trying to scam Elmu.

Nope!he can’t!I think Musk is tryna eat his cake and have it here...he wanna hamstrung Twitter into selling lower than the agreed fee..after coming public about the acquisition and put some details and company info out there.
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by DCatt: 3:06am On May 22, 2022
How low do you think Twitter will go on the price, $20 billion for lies?
Carlyboi:

Nope!he can’t!I think Musk is tryna eat his cake and have it here...he wanna hamstrung Twitter into selling lower than the agreed fee..after coming public about the acquisition and put some details and company info out there.
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by historyles: 2:27pm On Jun 16, 2022
Kobicove:

Which yeye business school?

Elon Musk is a garrulous buffoon who lacks polish if you must know.

Most of these things he's ranting about in public are usually covered by a Non Disclosure Agreement and should never be discussed with third parties until the deal is sealed

I once worked in the investment unit of an international advisory firm so I'm talking based on firsthand experience!

You are tallking nonsense. If it is covered, they would have sued him.

Secondly, you dont know what you are talking about when you call Elon a Buffon. He is one of the most brilliant minds of this generation. But how can you now when you watch CNN and your source of knowledge? grin grin grin
Re: Elon Musk: Doubt About Spam Accounts Could Scuttle Twitter Deal by Kobicove(m): 7:43am On Jul 09, 2022
historyles:

You are tallking nonsense. If it is covered, they would have sued him.

Secondly, you dont know what you are talking about when you call Elon a Buffon. He is one of the most brilliant minds of this generation. But how can you now when you watch CNN and your source of knowledge? grin grin grin

I knew this day would come so I saved my response to the rubbish you wrote. grin

Please go and check the latest news!

Your lord and master Elon Musk has finally abandoned the deal (I'm not surprised in anyway)

People who can see beyond their noses knew all along that he was just using it to manipulate the price of cryptos to his benefit.

Billionaire my ass!

Series 60 Themes and games for all / Innjoo Releases Windows 8.1 TABLETS: Leap & Leap 2 Available December!! / Naijawhot: Nigeria No 1 Whot Card Game App With Multiplayer

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61