Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

My Adult GSD Attacked Me - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Adult GSD Attacked Me (1259 Views)

Two Female Adult Gsd Mix Are Up For A New Home / Help My Adult GSD Plays With Everyone / Pedigree Brindle Boerboel, Ped Rott Pup, Trained Labrador, Adult Gsd Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Adult GSD Attacked Me by natddon1: 4:14pm On May 17, 2022
Hello all, I have had a male german shepherd dog that I have reared since it was born in 2018. We have cared for it till this time but it has developed a bad habit. Seven months ago the dog attacked my daughter and two days ago it attacked me. Although I was beating him the day it attacked me I am still wondering whether or not to kill it. Any useful experience is welcome
Re: My Adult GSD Attacked Me by Zonefree(m): 4:20pm On May 17, 2022
You were beating him and you expected him not to react to protect himself? Even trees protect themselves talk more animals.
Re: My Adult GSD Attacked Me by Kingpin1000: 4:30pm On May 17, 2022
Are you sharing something him?
Apart from this incidence, which other time has He shown signs of jealousy?
Re: My Adult GSD Attacked Me by incandescentena: 4:51pm On May 17, 2022
Op, that dog needs serious fvcking(male-female)

There are many firstclass olosho here in Nairaland who can work the dog into intense orgasm to ease it agressiveness.

Op you need to be more careful with the comment below asking you to be "alpha dog", so it doesn't bit your preeq.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Adult GSD Attacked Me by bigseank(m): 4:57pm On May 17, 2022
You clearly are not the alpha. Dont kill him o, just reorient your relationship. You have to be the top dog.

Thats why i tell people, you need to play fight with your dogs once once, Especially when they are still a puppy. You would let him know who is alpha. And anytime he bites you during those play fight, you dont show pain. He would never have challenged you like this. He his meant to run away or cower on his side in submission.

I believe he knows basic obedience, like come and sit. My advice to you is to use food. Anytime you feed him, while eating, put your hand in his bowl if he growls or try to bite your hand. Take the food away. Then give him back in 1hr. Overtime When he doesn't growl anymore, randomly pick his food while eating and wait until he sits down before giving him back. Also very important do not let him enter or exist a door before you. You should lead always, and never accept him pulling you while you are walking together. There are many other ways but this should modify his behaviour

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Adult GSD Attacked Me by Abimbola198212: 9:58pm On May 17, 2022
Sell him to me 08033922394
Re: My Adult GSD Attacked Me by kals4luv990(m): 8:36pm On May 18, 2022
Sell him to me and watch him become loyal
He can neva be loyal to yu again..im don see yu finish grin
Re: My Adult GSD Attacked Me by xana101: 10:58pm On May 18, 2022
My Co is very massive and over aggressive to strangers but submissive to me. I flog him anytime he misbehaved and he never try to attack me. I think I started discipline him from puppy.
Re: My Adult GSD Attacked Me by InoGetJoy: 3:16pm On May 19, 2022
bigseank:
You clearly are not the alpha. Dont kill him o, just reorient your relationship. You have to be the top dog.

Thats why i tell people, you need to play fight with your dogs once once, Especially when they are still a puppy. You would let him know who is alpha. And anytime he bites you during those play fight, you dont show pain. He would never have challenged you like this. He his meant to run away or cower on his side in submission.

I believe he knows basic obedience, like come and sit. My advice to you is to use food. Anytime you feed him, while eating, put your hand in his bowl if he growls or try to bite your hand. Take the food away. Then give him back in 1hr. Overtime When he doesn't growl anymore, randomly pick his food while eating and wait until he sits down before giving him back. Also very important do not let him enter or exist a door before you. You should lead always, and never accept him pulling you while you are walking together. There are many other ways but this should modify his behaviour
The crazy thing is that I've always bought my dogs as an adult but I've never had all these issues with them. My caucasian was 2 years old when I got him. Massive. We respect each other and so nobody has any issues
Re: My Adult GSD Attacked Me by xana101: 7:28pm On May 19, 2022
Zonefree:
You were beating him and you expected him not to react to protect himself? Even trees protect themselves talk more animals.
please how can a tree protect itself when u want to cut it ?
Re: My Adult GSD Attacked Me by Zonefree(m): 7:31pm On May 19, 2022
xana101:
please how can a tree protect itself when u want to cut it ?
Have you tried cutting a tree with a cutlass before?
Re: My Adult GSD Attacked Me by bigseank(m): 10:59pm On May 19, 2022
InoGetJoy:

The crazy thing is that I've always bought my dogs as an adult but I've never had all these issues with them. My caucasian was 2 years old when I got him. Massive. We respect each other and so nobody has any issues

Thats because probably you portrayed the vibes of an alpha from the get go, or where the dogs are coming from the owner or breeder handled his business. Dogs are pack animals, they get to understand hierarchy. If you put them in their place they would hardly mutiny and remain loyal.

Respect. That word is also critical. Am always against using cane or slippers on a dog, they would only fear you. Instilling discipline through beating has more disadvantage than advantages. For example you saw him peeing in your front somewhere he his not and you flogged him. He would most likely relate the pain from the flogging to peeing in your front than that vicinity, and may never pee in your presence again. But if you carry him midstream to where you want him to pee, or in case of an adult dog he knows the "hey" or "No" command to stop his action, and you use vinegar at that spot, it would solve your problem.

The worst is even beating long after the offence has passed. For example you found he popped somewhere or destroyed something, then you took him there, put his nose there and beat him. Its just unnecessary, he might not even understand the exact reason you beat him, and may not answer you when next you call him in a particular tone. Because he would relate that tone with pain. You can show your displeasure by shouting or saying bad dog. They can read that emotion than inflicting pain. People mistake dog fear for respect.

4 Likes

Re: My Adult GSD Attacked Me by InoGetJoy: 6:18am On May 20, 2022
bigseank:

Thats because probably you portrayed the vibes of an alpha from the get go, or where the dogs are coming from the owner or breeder handled his business. Dogs are pack animals, they get to understand hierarchy. If you put them in their place they would hardly mutiny and remain loyal.

Respect. That word is also critical. Am always against using cane or slippers on a dog, they would only fear you. Inflicting pain through beating has more disadvantage than advantages. For example you saw him peeing in your front somewhere he his not and you flogged him. He would most likely relate the pain from the flogging to peeing in your front than that vicinity, and may never pee in your presence again. But if you carry him midstream to where you want him to pee, or in case of an adult dog he knows the "hey" or "No" command to stop his action, and you use vinegar at that spot, it would solve your problem.

The worst is even beating long after the offence has passed. For example you found he popped somewhere or destroyed something, then you took him there, put his nose there and beat him. Its just unnecessary, he might not even understand the exact reason you beat him, and may not answer you when next you call him in a particular tone. Because he would relate that tone with pain. You can show your displeasure by shouting or saying bad dog. They can read that emotion than inflicting pain. People mistake dog fear for respect.
You're 100% right on this. That's the reason why I'm totally against first-time dog owners going for huge breeds like the CO and boerboel. They should always first start with more malleable breeds
Re: My Adult GSD Attacked Me by ndrule: 11:15am On May 21, 2022
bigseank:

Respect. That word is also critical. Am always against using cane or slippers on a dog, they would only fear you. Inflicting discipline through beating has more disadvantage than advantages. For example you saw him peeing in your front somewhere he his not and you flogged him. He would most likely relate the pain from the flogging to peeing in your front than that vicinity, and may never pee in your presence again. But if you carry him midstream to where you want him to pee, or in case of an adult dog he knows the "hey" or "No" command to stop his action, and you use vinegar at that spot, it would solve your problem.

Nice one bro, you clearly seem to know alot about dog training. I have a Lhasa who is about 4months, I try not to beat him most times but rather show emotions (angry, displeased) sometimes he understands and sometimes he doesn't. He won't pee in his house but ones he gets out, he pees immediately, he bites my toes alot and it can be painful. They dog matter just taya me
Re: My Adult GSD Attacked Me by natddon1: 5:31am On May 29, 2022
Quite helpful, thanks
bigseank:
. .You clearly are not the alpha. Dont kill him o, just reorient your relationship. You have to be the top dog.

(1) (Reply)

Dog For Sale / Pure Rott Pups Frm Imported Parents / Heavy Bones Adult Female Rottie For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.