Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) (34797 Views)

Canadian General Trevor Kadier Captured While Trying To Escape From Azovstal / US Threatens ‘full Force’ As Russia Takes War To NATO’s Doorstep / Russia Takes Issue With Israel's Sovereignty Over Golan Heights& Jerusalem(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by Ibrahimcoomasie: 4:14pm On May 18, 2022
Nice one.

I like when nazi are captured either in Ukraine or the bigger brother Russia. They are all nazi loving slavs

3 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by Drenimarcus(m): 4:20pm On May 18, 2022
seunny4lif:

Russia have size of UK.
Russia will now have the control of all the Azoz sea and Russia next target is to connect all Russia speakers to one country.
Odessa is next then am afraid that we will see anti government protests in Baltic states as Latvia want to ban Russia language from schools.

NATO or no NATO, USA will not risk NY or CA for any Baltic states.

Leave those ignoranmoses. I am reading that Russia is breaking the arctic sea and it will half the time to deploy troops into half. Do you know anything about this? Some say it wont matter if Finland join NATO, breaking the Arctic sea is beneficial to Russia.

10 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by Opolopoopolonio: 4:32pm On May 18, 2022
seunny4lif:

Russia have size of UK.
Russia will now have the control of all the Azoz sea and Russia next target is to connect all Russia speakers to one country.
Odessa is next then am afraid that we will see anti government protests in Baltic states as Latvia want to ban Russia language from schools.

Nonsense! @struck out

Mariupol is the only city Russia have managed to fully take over. Even then the coming days will be interesting. I expect to see high-level guerilla warfare.

As I type, some fighters(commanders) are still in the Azovstal. cool

Russia dare not go near Odessa. Unlike Mariupol was enmeshed in separatist territory, Odessa is sitting well in Ukraine. Odessa is massively fortified.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by seunny4lif(m): 5:23pm On May 18, 2022
Drenimarcus:

Leave those ignoranmoses. I am reading that Russia is breaking the altic sea and it will half the time to deploy troops into half. Do you know anything about this? Some say it wont matter if Finland join NATO, breaking the Altic sea is beneficial to Russia.
Reason Russia have the largest vessel of ice breakers.
Russia have at least 30 ice breakers.
Baltic Sea is international water.
Russia ships and Flights can still pass without anyone permission

10 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by seunny4lif(m): 5:29pm On May 18, 2022
Russia is going for Odessa
The need to free up Donetsk and Luhansk first.
Russia have now connected Crimea by land.
Opolopoopolonio:

Nonsense! @struck out

Mariupol is the only city Russia have managed to fully take over. Even then the coming days will be interesting. I expect to see high-level guerilla warfare.

Russia dare not go near Odessa. Unlike Mariupol was enmeshed in separatist territory, Odessa is sitting well in Ukraine. Odessa is massively fortified.

14 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by oluobi(m): 5:30pm On May 18, 2022
seunny4lif:

Russia have size of UK.

I wrote on a thread, here on nairaland, that Putin is more intelligent than all the Western leaders. This Azovstal operation is one of many confirmations of that.

They (the US and allies) expected Russian troops to storm the complex, but Putin, knowing what the cost would be to his troops, advised against it.

Many Russian troops would have been killed, and it would have been good PR for Ukraine/US.

The waiting game has finally paid off.

It's obvious Russia is no longer in a hurry to end this operation.
They have come to the realisation, that it's a war against the USA, indirectly of course. Zelensky is just a pawn, and the Ukrainians are very unfortunate, to have elected him as their leader.

The longer this war dragged on, the more uncomfortable it would be for the EU. It's obvious they are interested in diplomacy, but for now, they can't say no to the US. I don't know for how long, they can continue to follow the US, foolishly in this war. The current German Chancellor is not showing any form of leadership in the EU, I doubt if Angela Merkel(former Chancellor), would have allowed the US drag them into this un necessary war in Europe.

Putin is a strategist, I am sure he knows that time is on his side.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by seunny4lif(m): 5:35pm On May 18, 2022
I swear
Even USA now said Russia is ready to drag the war for long time.
The more the war drag on, the more money for Russia oil and gas price keep rise.

Germany fuel stations are now selling fuel for €2 and we are told it will increase.
If oil price in Germany goes to high then big problem for EU manufacturing companies as Asia markets will win competitions.
oluobi:

I wrote on a thread, here on nairaland, that Putin is more intelligent than all the Western leaders. This Azovstal operation is one of many confirmations of that.

They (the US and allies) expected Russian troops to storm the complex, but Putin, knowing what the cost would be to his troops, advised against it.

Many Russian troops would have been killed, and it would have been good PR for Ukraine/US.

They have come to the realisation, that it's a war against the USA, indirectly of course. Zelensky is just a pawn, and the Ukrainians are very unfortunate, to have elected him as their leader.

The longer this war dragged on, the more uncomfortable it would be for the EU. It's obvious they are interested in diplomacy, but for now, they can't say no to the US. I don't know for how long, they can continue to follow the US, foolishly in this war. The current German Chancellor is not showing any form of leadership in the EU, I doubt if Angela Merkel(former Chancellor), would have allowed the US drag them into this un necessary war in Europe.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by Drenimarcus(m): 6:14pm On May 18, 2022
oluobi:

The longer this war dragged on, the more uncomfortable it would be for the EU. It's obvious they are interested in diplomacy, but for now, they can't say no to the US. [/b]I don't know for how long, they can continue to follow the US, foolishly in this war. The current German Chancellor is not showing any form of leadership in the EU, I doubt if Angela Merkel(former Chancellor), would have allowed the US drag them into this un necessary war in Europe.

[b]Putin is a strategist, I am sure he knows that time is on his side.

Yellen said today that they are talking to Russia about their frozen funds, the US wants Russia to give Ukraine some of the money for reparation. Russia will drag the operation and squeeze EU so badly(Rubles for gas is already on). Russia budget already grew 3.7 Trillion rubles and their oil sales grew 3.6%. So they are making money a lot while the EU economy is in shambles and their economies experiencing high inflation.

Putin is a cool headed strategist who carefully plans before making a decision, talks less and lets his decision do the talking.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by Drenimarcus(m): 6:25pm On May 18, 2022
seunny4lif:
I swear
Even USA now said Russia is ready to drag the war for long time.
The more the war drag on, the more money for Russia oil and gas price keep rise.

Germany fuel stations are now selling fuel for €2 and we are told it will increase.
If oil price in Germany goes to high then big problem for EU manufacturing companies as Asia markets will win competitions.

Putin told Germany that they have lost all independence to US. Russia will take her market to Asia while EU will deal with Uncle Sam. I don't see their relationship lasting long tho.

7 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by Opolopoopolonio: 6:54pm On May 18, 2022
seunny4lif:
Russia is going for Odessa
The need to free up Donetsk and Luhansk first.
Russia have now connected Crimea by land.

They won't dare.

And how's the Odessa operation going It's been stalled. It may take forever.
Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by DerrickzB: 7:29pm On May 18, 2022
[s]
Opolopoopolonio:

Nonsense! @struck out

[/s]

Omo, you are something else!!! Which commanders are still in azovstal ffs?? Russia dare not go near Odessa?? I will quote you when it starts!!

6 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by chopnaira: 9:38pm On May 18, 2022
Putin's achievement grin

1 Like

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by chopnaira: 9:39pm On May 18, 2022
oluobi:

Ooooppps.

At the second bolded, unnecessary war created by Putin as a result of the invasion.

What happened to taking Kyiv in 2weeks. They have fled to the eastern region of Ukraine close to the Russia border grin

2 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by Opolopoopolonio: 10:02pm On May 18, 2022
DerrickzB:
[s][/s]

Omo, you are something else!!! Which commanders are still in azovstal ffs?? Russia dare not go near Odessa?? I will quote you when it starts!!

It's the separatist leaders themselves that said it.

Russia don't control Azovstal up till now.

And they will NEVER go near Odessa. Of course, they have met a dead end in Donbas already.
Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by DerrickzB: 10:13pm On May 18, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

It's the separatist leaders themselves that said it.

Russia don't control Azovstal up till now.

And they will NEVER go near Odessa. Of course, they have met a dead end in Donbas already.

Okay oooo!! I will quote you when it happens!! We go see

8 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by Merisbankie(m): 1:56am On May 19, 2022
adebayo987:
Prisoner exchange on the way, guys! They cut you guys in the middle, no way in or out for support that's why. As for Russia, Ukraine will come back for reinforcement and take back the steel plant.
wow
what an illusion
lmao

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by Merisbankie(m): 1:57am On May 19, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

We've moved past Mariupol already long since. embarassed

Shame on Russia! After 82 days of bombardment, surrounding and begging the fighters to surrender, there is nothing to celebrate here. They bloodied the Russians to the very end... grin

Nevertheless there are still some fighters in the plant who may likely hold out till the end. Russia do not have the plant yet. cool

https://www.nairaland.com/7132959/top-commanders-azovstal-havent-surrendered#112945917

ass already stung
putin a man of pity
if I were to be him
I would have spilled all of em blood a long time ago

3 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by Merisbankie(m): 1:58am On May 19, 2022
Exjoker:
Actually, they didn't surrender as this op tries to mislead readers. A cease fire agreement was reached between the Ukrainians and the Russians to allow the besiege soldiers to be evacuated out of Asovstal steel and handing over the place to the Russians...
cease fire koor
nah you implement am

6 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by Appleyard(m): 4:41am On May 19, 2022
seunny4lif:

After Azovstal surrender, the focus is on Severodonetsk agglomeration where between 12 and 15K Ukrainian troops find themselves encircled. Luhansk Region’s governor Serhiy Haidai says the Russians are now firing at the lifeline road to Soledar/Bakhmut.

Also in Akdiiva. The way Russian troops are rounding up Ukrainian troops in different sectors like cowboys rounding up horses/cattles is a rare military tactics in the 21st century.

18 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by autodevice(m): 6:50am On May 19, 2022
I saw this coming

2 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by bluefilm: 6:51am On May 19, 2022
Dalil8:
Z Z Z

Napoleon tried to conquer Russia but failed, Hitler tried but failed. NATO too would try and also fail.

Glory to Russia!

Please What's the meaning of the Z the Russians are putting everywhere?
Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by Alexandersantos(m): 6:54am On May 19, 2022
i talk am say putin and russia no dey fear anybody...

5 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by victorazy(m): 6:55am On May 19, 2022
Ukraine is winning the war!

1 Like

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by kingthreat(m): 6:58am On May 19, 2022
Old news. The Azov realized they were going to die and Ukranians government did not give a shit about them and decided to surrender.
Ukranian government calls it evacuation and say they are still winning the war. How can you be surrendering and be winning

15 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by sukkot: 6:59am On May 19, 2022
WW3 DONE START OOOOO. COMRADES EXPECT MUCH VAWULENCE ON THE EARTH REALM

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by stanluiz(m): 7:00am On May 19, 2022
oluobi:

Putin is very smart and intelligent. As a former KGB agent and spy, he understands the west very well.

Russia will achieve her aim. This is a military operation not a war. The goal is denazification and demilitarization of Ukraine.

12 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by kingthreat(m): 7:00am On May 19, 2022
bluefilm:

Please What's the meaning of the Z the Russians are putting everywhere?

It is the symbol of the Special Military Operation in Ukraine. All their tanks are marked with "Z".
Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by stanluiz(m): 7:01am On May 19, 2022
victorazy:
Ukraine is winning the war!
On social media cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) by stanluiz(m): 7:04am On May 19, 2022
I hope Finland and Sweden are seeing what is happening in Ukraine. If they allow US to use their land as a proxy to fight Russia, what happens in Ukraine will befall them x10.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Putin To Officially Recognise Breakaway Ukraine Regions / Robert Mugabe Sacked By Zanu-PF, Replaced By Emmerson Mnangagwa / USS Fitzgerald Damaged By The Crash, Seven Crew Members Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.