Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,206 members, 7,807,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs (44910 Views)

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Now Received / Does Nigerian Customs Charge This High For Ordinary Smartphone Sent From US? / The Item I Ordered From Aliexpress Hijacked In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by iwaeda: 8:55am On May 19, 2022
heykims:

Speedaf now delivers items tagged 'tracking available' to your doorstep such as phones.
I've bought many of such items via Aliexpress this year and once I see 'received by local delivery company', then I know I will get the item the following day.
However, normally before it gets to the delivery company, tracking ought to show 'custom clearing started', then 'custom clearing complete'.
What people do myself inclusive when ordering items that might require custom fee like phones is tell the seller not to label it as phone. U tell them to write something like MP3, radio etc and also write low value like 30 dollars. That way, u will likely bypass custom fee.
Try contact Speedaf if they have ur item.

Cheating the system writing low value grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by oluwasegun007(m): 8:55am On May 19, 2022
Why is this kontry synonymous with unwarranted stress..
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Dottore: 8:55am On May 19, 2022
heykims:

Speedaf now delivers items tagged 'tracking available' to your doorstep such as phones.
I've bought many of such items via Aliexpress this year and once I see 'received by local delivery company', then I know I will get the item the following day.
However, normally before it gets to the delivery company, tracking ought to show 'custom clearing started', then 'custom clearing complete'.
What people do myself inclusive when ordering items that might require custom fee like phones is tell the seller not to label it as phone. U tell them to write something like MP3, radio etc and also write low value like 30 dollars. That way, u will likely bypass custom fee.
How can one choose speedaf in aliexpress.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by stonebil(m): 8:56am On May 19, 2022
My friend, Is update error. The courier
has not updated where your parcel yet.

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by toujurs: 8:57am On May 19, 2022
Custom officers would steal it
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by porthouse7(f): 8:57am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

I don't know if I am the only one to have observed this. These days, when you buy items like phone from AliExpress, the tracking moves smoothly until it reads "Received by Local Delivery Company". Sometimes, when it gets to this point, it stays there forever..and if at all it leaves this point and you want to claim it in the local post office, you will be charged heavily by the people in the post office.

Bought so many items like a month ago, out of which was a Poco phone. All other items have been delivered except this phone which I first ordered. This phone got to destination country (NGN) on the 8th of May before other items...but till now, tracking shows it hasn't left the custody of Nigerian customs.

What is the problem exactly? Is it that the phone has been "hijacked" OR the process to clear items like phone is different from wears and other items?

Please help
I have lots of items stock at Nigeria custom

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by emmy4real94(m): 8:57am On May 19, 2022
grin
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 8:57am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

I don't know if I am the only one to have observed this. These days, when you buy items like phone from AliExpress, the tracking moves smoothly until it reads "Received by Local Delivery Company". Sometimes, when it gets to this point, it stays there forever..and if at all it leaves this point and you want to claim it in the local post office, you will be charged heavily by the people in the post office.

Bought so many items like a month ago, out of which was a Poco phone. All other items have been delivered except this phone which I first ordered. This phone got to destination country (NGN) on the 8th of May before other items...but till now, tracking shows it hasn't left the custody of Nigerian customs.

What is the problem exactly? Is it that the phone has been "hijacked" OR the process to clear items like phone is different from wears and other items?

Please help

hide your tracking number and your house address. @the topic, Dont rely on that , go to the nearest post office, it might be there.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by letsfarmnigeria: 8:57am On May 19, 2022
Phones and some other electronics attract duty so visit custom office or ask them in the post office they will tell you who to meet pay duty and collect your item .
Good luck

onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

Please help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by MansoryMX(m): 8:58am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

Please help

You were not informed? Gone are the days Nigerians enjoy freedom of ordering things and receiving it with ease. If you even see your phone sef thank God but seriously custom billing awaits you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Felincous(m): 8:58am On May 19, 2022
heykims:

I doubt that. It's always stated in the terms and conditions that the buyer might be subjected to paying custom fee in accordance to the regulations of individual countries.
Bro don't argue about what you don't know. Shiptonaija takes care of all that.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by sterlingD(m): 8:58am On May 19, 2022
I thought these fees are factored and summed into the total amount to pay for the product before processing for shipping and delivery.

4 Likes

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Blacksavage: 8:59am On May 19, 2022
Baba your phone is by gone this is Nigeria angry
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by sleekflow(m): 9:00am On May 19, 2022
Homeboiy:
My problem is that aliexpress no longer accept mastercard

I don tire

And Access bank Visa card charges too high

Master card wen I still take order last week??

2 Likes

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by abduly4: 9:01am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

It's like you are new on ali express, don't worry your item go show ......nah documentation and logistics delay.....

Please help
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by SRichard1: 9:01am On May 19, 2022
heykims:

I wish to learn about these importation biz.
Can you teach me more about it
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by bamdly(m): 9:02am On May 19, 2022
Homeboiy:

I don tire

for real..??
I am just planning to get my MasterCard from uba cos I want to order from ae
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by MemoriesAndMe: 9:02am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

Please help

It's standard practice everywhere in the world bro. You need to pay custom dues to get items from one country to the other.

If you go for cheap items from a merchant that cheap too and doesn't include the custom dues in his charges, you will be required to pay it at the destination country.

I had to pay additional custom charges shipping firms email to me for items to be allowed, but I think it works differently in Nigeria - the customs want u to come to their office and sometimes open your package to see the contents, which is weird in my opinion.

Nigerian custom officials are naturally corrupt. Even if the custom dues have already been paid by the shipper, they often still want you to come and pay them more. It's all about money for them and it's been like that for decades.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Homeboiy: 9:03am On May 19, 2022
sleekflow:

Master card wen I still take order last week??

I have tried 5 different master cards from different banks

It says CSC_error 75000 something like that

This is an error from Visa card that I have been using too

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by SRichard1: 9:03am On May 19, 2022
Unfortunately I am here to learn.. So I can't help sad
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Addy615: 9:03am On May 19, 2022
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Collins4u1(m): 9:04am On May 19, 2022
heykims:

Custom do open items bro
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Leemekzy: 9:04am On May 19, 2022
Dottore:

Is shiptonaija among the options in aliexpress
they provide you with address in america & UK where you ship your items then they deliver it to your door step in nigeria. i use them when i shop on ebay and aliexpress.
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by henryskywalker2003(m): 9:04am On May 19, 2022
Sheuns:
It’s advisable to use third party shipping companies when buying phones from China.

Which ones can you recommend?
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Addy615: 9:05am On May 19, 2022
Get a barter USD card, this is what I have been using and it has been working for me
Homeboiy:

I don tire

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Perfectman91: 9:07am On May 19, 2022
Homeboiy:

I have tried 5 different master cards from different banks

It says CSC_error 75000 something like that

This is an error from Visa card that I have been using too

International payments in Nigeria banks have been limited to only $20 per month

4 Likes

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Collins4u1(m): 9:08am On May 19, 2022
Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Nobody: 9:09am On May 19, 2022
Relax the item will get to you, if you dont get it by the end of the time allotted , you can ask for a refund, at times your item gets shipped to another location, Aliexpress is notorious for issuing one tracking number to different buyers.

1 Like

Re: Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs by Collins4u1(m): 9:09am On May 19, 2022
onlinetrader:
Hi Nairaland Family..

Please help

This item is on its way to your post office... Same happened when I bought pocofone f3... It will come

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The All New Blackberry Passport Smartphone / Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way / Gionee M2mini Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.