Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,258 members, 7,807,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel (23679 Views)

My 2012 Honda Accord Consumes Fuel And The Power Steering Cup Spills Oil / My Honda Accord 2005 Ex Consumes Too Much Fuel / My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by olabisitosin33(f): 4:00pm On May 20, 2022
It does happen a time
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Trustedpronet: 4:00pm On May 20, 2022
It's not ordinary...try and visit your father land.

2 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by StarGraphicX: 4:00pm On May 20, 2022
Dozieson:
Na trial and error things. Just dey manage am like that. 3k fuel is about 18l. It is a serious issue. My car can do 190km without AC and 180km when AC is on with this amount of fuel. Note: I don't have much traffic in my area
DJ YK
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by LIGHTROOM: 4:00pm On May 20, 2022
Sell it
Buy kekenappep 402
And give yourself peace of mind
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Finest6: 4:00pm On May 20, 2022
Change your Mechanic and go to Mechanic that do only Honda they will fix it.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by kollysnut(m): 4:00pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
I drive a Honda accord car..2007 model. I just bought it not long. The problem is that car consumes too much fuel. It takes 3000 naira fuel for 36 kilometres which is way too much.
I have changed the Air flow meter sensor, the MAF sensor(I think) and the 02 oxygen sensor.
To make matter worse, car dosen't communicate with scanners.
It is driving me crazy as I don't know what next to change. The injector too had been cleaned, nosules have been serviced and plugs have been changed.
Yet no improvement.
There is no catalyst though. It was removed before I got the car.

Pls help a brother in need.

Get a new Ecu aka brain box

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Timekeeper452: 4:01pm On May 20, 2022
Dozieson:
Na trial and error things. Just dey manage am like that. 3k fuel is about 18l. It is a serious issue. My car can do 190km without AC and 180km when AC is on with this amount of fuel. Note: I don't have much traffic in my area
whats the name of your car?
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by largeman4u(m): 4:01pm On May 20, 2022
Try and get an expert to check the airflow meter and the catalyst too.

Buy Tokunbo Cars @ Largeman Autos
Twit @largemanmotors
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Cantonese: 4:04pm On May 20, 2022
Mmgboji:
The biggest problem you have with this car is the lack of communication with the scanner. Dem don rewire oyibo hand comot from the innocent car angry My Honda civic 2006 gets about 200km with with that amount of fuel. Get a good auto electrician who understands and works with a scanner. Let them trace all the wires and look for a short. The first place to start is to check whether the obd2 port is receiving the appropriate current. Once the car is able to communicate with a scanner, they can pull out the codes and evaluate the live data readings. At this point, your solution will be within reach.

“My Honda civic 2006 gets about 200km with with that amount of fuel”. Make una fear God na bros. Which kind lie be this na? With Honda car 200km on 2000 fuel? Abeg na bicycle you dey ride?

5 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by TrumpDonald2: 4:05pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
I drive a Honda accord car..2007 model. I just bought it not long. The problem is that car consumes too much fuel. It takes 3000 naira fuel for 36 kilometres which is way too much.
I have changed the Air flow meter sensor, the MAF sensor(I think) and the 02 oxygen sensor.
It is driving me crazy as I don't know what next to change. The injector too had been cleaned, nosules have been serviced and plugs have been changed.
Yet no improvement.

Go and buy a new exhaust system. The absence of catalyst is the cause.

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by LollySeaSide: 4:06pm On May 20, 2022
visijo:
My Girlfriend took me to see her family today. They asked me to stay outside while they discuss serious family matters, only to find out that they were eating��
What animals are they?
And how does that help the car problem of the op?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Drey1: 4:07pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
Yet no improvement.

That's why uno fit compare this my small okere to your own . With 3k fuel ,I travel from ibadan to lag. And still take it to work for about 3 days sef.

Anyways. Am gonna sell it by the middle of this year, So if you wanna bye it. Let me know. Just small money pere. 1.4m pere.

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by MrDoGood(m): 4:09pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
Yet no improvement.

That's the problem with the car fuel consumption.

Don't let anybody deceive you.

My 2011 Camry XLE v6 was a perfect example for me.

If you're in Abuja, Holla let's connect.

And the scanners you've been using are those local ones. They don't use data or network.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by GENES11S: 4:10pm On May 20, 2022
Dozieson:

Meaning your car is consuming fuel. N2000 fuel is about 12 liters. Should give you about 140km

it depends on several factors; AC, RADIO, NATURE OF THE ROAD ETC.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Forest122: 4:11pm On May 20, 2022
Pls go oyingbo that is Honda Accord place in Lagos
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by okoroemeka(m): 4:11pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
Yet no improvement.

18 ltrs to go 36 kilometers is way too much for a bad fuel system to waste ,I think the fuel maybe leaking from somewhere,I had such problem with my previous car an Acura and they can't unravel the fault until the car burst into flames one day,the culprit is a bad o ring rubber on the injector connecting to the injector rail,it only emits fine mist when the car is running and very difficult to spot, recently I changed to an 06 honda Accord v6 that will use 18ltr for 120km, suddenly the efficiency dropped without waiting for anything I drove to the next mech and told them to check the injectors lo and behold the fuel hose connecting to injector rail is dropping fuel,this is the main reason modern cars can suddenly burst into flames,let them check your fuel lines from tank to injector for leakages,18ltr for 36km is too much I beg ,even if na Bugatti.

7 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Chukwumajr(m): 4:13pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
Yet no improvement.

go and buy catalyst converter
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by UglyPeople: 4:13pm On May 20, 2022
Get rid of it and stop disturbing people undecided
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by mu2sa2: 4:14pm On May 20, 2022
madapcmod:
Your indomie is d cause
You're NOT wrong.

2 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by isio1(m): 4:15pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
Yet no improvement.

Change the Fuel pump. (Buy the Honda Accord specification) You will see difference immediately. If Honda City 2006 pump can fit in "Best option"

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by ussv: 4:17pm On May 20, 2022
Check the Catalyst if it`s still there for a start
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
Yet no improvement.

Hope the exhaust pipe is not damaged...I experienced that in my sold Honda Accord. The panel beater did the job.
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by alizma: 4:19pm On May 20, 2022
Dozieson:
Bros as you won help us, kuku do am complete na. Tell us the car type and your area, so that others can easily compare and contrast. Thanks in advance
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by o9o9: 4:21pm On May 20, 2022
That's outrageous. 36km is like Okota to VI. So 3k fuel to just go to VI and another 3k to return back?

If you stay in Lagos and work on the Island. That's 6k fuel per day and 30k per week.

Drive the 04 version which has a similar engine and just did a 400km and used less than 6k fuel. And i had the Ac on.

You need to check if exhaust isn't leaking. The best bet would be to scan and be 100% sure what exactly is causing the high fuel usage. But the culprit most times are the MAF, 02 sensors.

Also don't trust those o2 sensors you bought in Nigeria either the so called "tokunbo" or chinese new 90% of them are not good. You would put them and think you fixed the issue when they are actually not working.

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by oglalasioux(m): 4:21pm On May 20, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

So you mean say from Benin city to lagos go almost chop 25 thousand naira fuel
Na wahalar you dey o

Na seven thousand naira fuel I take match one corrola car from lagos to Benin city the other day and enough fuel still remain

Lagos to Benin with Toyota Corolla is 5k fuel. You'll still have something left in the tank to move around.

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by DryMouth: 4:22pm On May 20, 2022
BabaIbo:
Open the fuel tap in half, that way the fuel won't rush, it will be flowing gradually and last long.

Bro, the previous owner knw why he sold it to you. The problem is the removed catalyst(aka indomie).
Simple!
The main problem is catalyst. Some pple are up there shouting it's an electrical fault.
Even if the car doesn't connects to scanner, i dnt see much fault there..
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by GodsOwn2004(m): 4:22pm On May 20, 2022
Finobravo:
Kindly help me.
Yet no improvement.

There is the need for you to get the communication link issue resolved.

Zero catalyst and bad O2 sensors can cause high fuel consumption
Re: My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel by DryMouth: 4:23pm On May 20, 2022
Run away from honda before it kills you.

That car is rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Parts Potholes Can Damage In A Car / Management Of Mitsubishi Motors Nigeria Swapped Roles With Junior Employees(pix) / People Use Umbrella Under Rain While Driving Convertible (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.