Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,128 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. (48805 Views)

Hundreds Of Ethiopian Men Volunteer To Fight For Russia In Ukraine / German Citizens Hold 400-Car Motorcade To Show Support For Russia / Ukraine: What Will Happen If EU & NATO Countries Refuse To Pay For Russia's Gas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 19, 2022
It is possible Ukraine shoots down a few Russian tanks and later suffers hundreds of losses. How come Ukraine is killing so many Russians but the Russians are gaining so much ground. I can count almost 20 settlements they have taken in the past one week alone. Meanwhile they reached the border of Russia but cannot enter Russia. What is stopping them? SMH.
Igbofam:

Cough Cough oh ye Putin bot.

The moment Russia failed to encircle the Ukrainian troops in the botched River crossing in the Donets River at Bilohorivka, they effectively lost their chance to be in full control of Rubhzne and this is the corridor the Ukrainian troops are advancing through to izium grin

Makes you wonder why Russia's troops were so eager to carry out that dangerous Donets river crossing near Rubhzne doesn't it? grin

Perhaps you would tell me that it was not so significant to them yet they deployed over 510 troops and over 90 military vehicles to that offensive and lost 485 out of the over 510 with over 70 military vehicles destroyed grin

That was the second failure.

The first failure was Russia losing one third of her ground troops in Donbas which is what has necessitated Putin deploying the Terminator tanks now whose main objective is to support the infantry and a lot of times can play the role of infantry support directly grin

Desperate times they say call for desperate measures right? cheesy

The entire Russia has only 9 Terminator tanks but 2 are currently in Donbas out of desperation... cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by Igbofam2: 6:38pm On May 19, 2022
atmy1:
It is possible Ukraine shoots down a few Russian tanks and later suffers hundreds of losses. How come Ukraine is killing so many Russians but the Russians are gaining so much ground. I can count almost 20 settlements they have taken in the past one week alone. Meanwhile they reached the border of Russia but cannot enter Russia. What is stopping them? SMH.

On the contrary Ukraine took 23 settlements in the past 2 weeks alone. Russia never took any 20 settlements in 1 week when they have literally concentrated efforts in Donbas.

Russian progress has literally been stopped or seriously slowed down while Ukrainian progress has rapidly increased as they have gone on offensive while Russia is largely now defensive.

5 Likes

Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 19, 2022
Op and fake news are like 5&6 �

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by bewla(m): 7:43pm On May 19, 2022
U Tyr
Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by joyandfaith: 7:43pm On May 19, 2022
Balogunodua:
Another propaganda... grin

Western or eastern

1 Like

Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by Realists(m): 7:45pm On May 19, 2022
Rastaramsey:
This war is a crazy strategy to destroy Russia...

Finland and Sweden are now set to join NATO
U.s and co have opened their embassy in Ukraine....

Putin is now a big puppet...

I pity Russia grin grin

They go soon chop am wotowoto

They need to destroy Europe the way Nato destroyed Libya
Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by MrPADDY(m): 7:46pm On May 19, 2022
Na wao
Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by DAwest7: 7:47pm On May 19, 2022
Rastaramsey:

I pity Russia grin grin

but you wiket o in great grandpa Tilumbu voice
Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by Teazer4(m): 7:49pm On May 19, 2022
atmy1:
Lol. Did I just read twin failures at ' Rubhzne and Izium' ? It's either this report is over a month old or they don't know what they are saying because both settlements are firmly in Russian hands at the moment. This Igbofam dude is not thinking at all
He’s a programmed ediot. No Dey waste your time. Ukraine has won already.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by dontbothermuch: 7:49pm On May 19, 2022
smiley
Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 19, 2022
Svlla:

You say wetin grin grin grin

Nothing you Sabi grin

Distance from Donbas to Izium is 188km which is 116 miles. Ukrainian ground firepower does not cover such distance. ode grin cheesy

From Izium town to Barvinkove by road na 40km, to Sloviansk 50km talkless of Southern Izium where Russian forces concentrate that's 2/3(12km) of the distance

Barvinkove-Sloviansk-Kramatorsk where Ukrainian forces concentrate south of izium is within 5-10 km of contact with Russian forces advancing from Izium
Even Ukrainian forces at Lisichansk are within 40km operational range with Russian forces from Izium

Kharkiv to Izium who tell you say they can hit Izium from Kharkiv that's over 120km. Na missiles dem wan use.

You dey reason like toddler....Izium town is 120km from Kharkiv which is out of operational range of most Artillery fire

You're just plain stupid
What's your problem? How much Putin dash you?

1 Like

Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by yrex01(m): 7:50pm On May 19, 2022
Igbofam2:

On the contrary Ukraine took 23 settlements in the past 2 weeks alone. Russia never took any 20 settlements in 1 week when they have literally concentrated efforts in Donbas.

Russian progress has literally been stopped or seriously slowed down while Ukrainian progress has rapidly increased as they have gone on offensive while Russia is largely now defensive.
lol. your people sabi do this surrender things sha

3 Likes

Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by Igbofam2: 7:51pm On May 19, 2022
Teazer4:
He’s a programmed ediot. No Dey waste your time. Ukraine has won already.

The funny thing is that you always appear to wail stupidly like a dying goat grin

How am I such a nightmare to you that you insult me randomly out of severe pains cheesy

When you get insulted back you will start claiming to have repented. Oya like your comment with your other moniker grin

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by Janabi73: 7:53pm On May 19, 2022

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT WITHCHES AND WIZARD

Alot of folks are confused about witches and wizards. They dont know if they exist or not.
Some people have been brainwashed on this issue.
But I will tell you the truth. I was once like you. There was a point when I do think there's nothing like spirituality. I used to think everything happens naturally. I was even confused if there was God. Mine was the worst.

The thing is When you get into problems, that's when you think about solutions. You'll learn the hard way if you act ignorant most especially about your spiritual life.

Talking about witches and wizards. My brother, my sisters, my chiefs and ma'ams.
I want to tell you the truth you need to know. They exist and they're everywhere, even in this thread. They know themselves. They're in your family, your place of work, your business circle, your churches, your mosques, your school, amongst your friends. They're are everywhere.....

Continue reading by clicking the link below....

https://www.nairaland.com/7133967/spiritual-orientation-tips-spiritual-o.t/3#7133967.102

Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by saints2(f): 7:54pm On May 19, 2022
Hmmm... Thats serious
Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by Teazer4(m): 7:54pm On May 19, 2022
Igbofam2:

The funny thing is that you always appear to wail stupidly like a dying goat grin

How am I such a nightmare to you that you insult me randomly out of severe pains cheesy

When you get insulted back you will start claiming to have repented. Oya like your comment with your other moniker grin
Mynd44 Seun lalasticlala
Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by chopnaira: 7:54pm On May 19, 2022
Rastaramsey:

I pity Russia grin grin

KillerCrocodile:

That is the plan...

To weaken Russia and prevent the restoration of the old Soviet Union.

And Putin is playing into the hands of the West day by day.
Yup. He fuking did

Used his own hand to do himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by Blake755: 7:55pm On May 19, 2022
Interesting times ahead
Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by Igbofam2: 7:55pm On May 19, 2022
Teazer4:
Mynd44 Seun lalasticlala

See am grin

I said it that you would always wail grin

1 Like

Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by Teazer4(m): 7:56pm On May 19, 2022
Igbofam2:

See am grin

I said it that you would always wail grin
seun mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by Rawtruth1: 7:57pm On May 19, 2022
GOG and MAGGOG should be taught a bitter lesson by the NATO

1 Like

Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by BloomingDale(f): 7:57pm On May 19, 2022

Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by chessguru(m): 7:57pm On May 19, 2022
Russia must lose
Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by letitrainnow(m): 7:57pm On May 19, 2022
What
Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by BloomingDale(f): 7:58pm On May 19, 2022
Rawtruth1:
GOG and MAGGOG should be taught a bitter lesson by the NATO

Gog and Magog is Israel. Don’t be fooled.
Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by chopnaira: 7:59pm On May 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
That must be why they fled from Kyiv grin

War clocks 3 month in less than 3 days. Russian bear is now Russian Koala.

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by Themandator: 8:00pm On May 19, 2022
Igbofam2:
Ukrainian forces are clearly an elite team of fighters...

They know what to do and they do it so well.

The moment Russia lost Kharkiv I knew it was only a matter of time that they would take Izium and be within range of Donbas and here we are.

Their guns are now within range of Izium as they keep pushing forward which has caused Russian troops to once again change plans and focus on Lyman as their staging point which is their last line of defence before Donbas grin

I love this

Fox News says the Biden administration is considering arming Ukrainian with long range missiles to take out Russian warships in the black sea and open their ports

It is still under consideration as America enters into partnership with Ukraine to export her wheat

1 Like

Re: Ukraine’s Guns Are Now In Range Of Izium. That’s Bad News For Russia. by bakar007: 8:00pm On May 19, 2022
Igbofam2:
Ukrainian gunners shelled a Russian air-defense system in eastern Ukraine probably sometime in the past couple of days.

That itself isn’t all that noteworthy. Ukraine’s forces have destroyed dozens of Russian air-defenses since Russia widened its war on Ukraine in late February.

What’s important is where the shelling took place: just three miles northwest of Russian-occupied Izium, 60 miles southeast of Kkarkiv in eastern Ukraine’s Donbas region.

Ukraine’s best medium artillery, its new American-made M777s, can lob 100-pound shells around 19 miles. That means Ukrainian forces have staged artillery no farther than 22 miles from Izium—and are blasting away.

Izium until recently was the locus of Russia’s faltering offensive in Donbas. The dozen or so Russian battalions in the area—15 percent of Russia’s entire army in Ukraine—in recent weeks pushed through Izium then west a few miles along the P79 highway.

The Ukrainian army’s 81st Air Mobile Brigade fought a tactical retreat along the P79, extracting a heavy toll on the Russians for every mile they advanced. The result, however, was a Russian penetration several miles into Ukrainian-held territory south of Kharkiv, where Kyiv’s troops now are mopping up.

The Izium salient represents a risk—to both sides. If the Russians can deepen and strengthen the salient, they might encircle the Ukrainian brigades south of Izium in Severodonetsk and nearby communities. Some of the best and most experienced Ukrainian units are in the Severodonetsk pocket. Surrounding and destroying them could tilt the war in Russia’s favor, at least in short term.

But there’s risk to the Russians, too. The Izium salient is vulnerable at its flanks, especially its northern flank. As Ukraine’s 92nd and 93rd Mechanized Brigades wrap up their operations around Kharkiv, they’ve shifted south to join the fight around Izium. If Ukrainian troops west and south of Izium can draw out the Russian battalions, the 93rd in particular is in a position to cut across the Russians’ supply lines and isolate the front-line troops.

That the Ukrainians now are within artillery range of Izium is a strong indicator that the salient indeed represents a greater danger to the Russians than it does to the Ukrainians. Russia already has lost as much as a third of its army in Ukraine; a defeat in Izium could add to that loss—a lot.

The Kremlin seems to appreciate the danger. There are hints the Izium salient no longer is the focus on Russia’s efforts in Donbas—and that Russian troops are repositioning south to join the fight around Lyman, a settlement that sits astride some important roads and railways and currently is under Ukrainian control.

Russian units including the T-72-equipped 90th Guards Tank Division in the past week have been advancing north and south of Lyman, clearly aiming to surround the town’s Ukrainian defenders, potentially including elements of the 57th Motorized Brigade. The Russians are trying to do around Lyman what the Ukrainians are threatening to do farther north around Izium—get behind an enemy force and cut it off.

But don’t lose sight of the bigger picture. In late February, Moscow’s war aims were maximalist. It intended to capture Kyiv, decapitate the Ukrainian government and seize both Donbas and the entire Ukrainian Black Sea coast, cutting off the country from the sea.

Three months later, Moscow’s aims are minimalist. Kyiv is safe, Ukraine’s main port Odesa is safe and the only place Russia stands any chance of “winning” anything is in Donbas. And only parts of Donbas.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2022/05/18/ukraines-guns-are-in-range-of-izium-thats-bad-news-for-russia/amp/

Very funny last time I check Russia controls 70% of Donbass ,left Kharkiv on their own strategic reasons and Kherson (southern UKRAINE) to link Crimea which was the goals of the war , Russia won already ,in the near future they claim victory in the remaining Donbass region ,with some pluses In the east and southern UKRAINE and hey a bonus with Odesa to cut UKRAINE off the sea completely which they re already doing. There's no win in it for UKRAINE no NATO , EU not in sight until 10year maybe , lost lives and their economy over what?? Failed attempt to join NATO?

Russia doesn't need to occupy UKRAINE ,that wasn't the goal ,the goal was Donbass and now they got big bonus with southern UKRAINE to link Crimea by road ,with Odesa joining soon lol only western keypad slaves thinks Ukraine has something positive coming from all this. that clown sold his people for nothing. NATO proxy war is a Failure .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gaza will Be Reduced To rubbles, Leave Now - Netanyahu tells residents / Easter Sunday Declared Transgender Day In The U.S By President Biden (Photos) / US And Russia Enter Europe Border Battles (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.