Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands (1787 Views)

Stressed Ugandan Groom Absconds From His Wedding To Rest At Friends Place (Photo / How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Am Tired Of Incessant Sex? / 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by wirinet(m): 2:20pm On May 20, 2022
Drama as bridegroom walks out of engagement ceremony in Isiala Ngwa due to extortion.

He paid N1,500,000 to cater for food, tents, chairs and a public address system.

He was also made to set aside N100,000 as the bride price that the two families had agreed on.

Okwudili was asked to add N50,000 to the bride price because he had already impregnated the girl.

He was slapped with a N10,000 fine for making a detour to the wrong path and ending up in a different homestead instead of the girl's.

He was also asked to pay N15,000 to appease the elders who had become tired of waiting for his arrival.

Drama however ensued when twelve girls covered in loose robes from head to toe were paraded before Okwudili and he was asked to guess who his fiancée was.

He pointed at the wrong woman and that lead to yet another fine of N15,000 thrice

The decisive moment specifically was when the elders demanded for a refund of the total sum of N850,000 that had been paid as the girl's school fees and upkeep since she started primary school!

Fuming with anger which he tried his best to hide, Okwudili excused himself to visit a nearby latrine and disappeared!

He switched off his phone and was last seen in a bus heading to Lagos from Owerri.

https://dailynewsreporters.com/man-absconds-from-marriage-ceremony-in-isiala-ngwa-over-incessant-demands/

4 Likes

Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by Danibonk(m): 2:25pm On May 20, 2022
Make them marry them daughter by their self

2 Likes

Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by wirinet(m): 2:30pm On May 20, 2022
Danibonk:
Make them marry them daughter by their self

But the girl is pregnant. That means the girls father will adopt the child while the guy goes to search for another wife, according to igbo culture.
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by YeyeGbami: 2:30pm On May 20, 2022
Jajajaja. Igbe iya wo

Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by dawnomike(m): 2:36pm On May 20, 2022
That is too much of an extortion na... He even tried

4 Likes

Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:39pm On May 20, 2022
Japa Japa,
Japa lo Lagos.......

grin cheesy wink

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by aktolly54(m): 2:41pm On May 20, 2022
wirinet:

But the girl is pregnant. That means the girls father will adopt the child while the guy goes to search for another wife, according to igbo culture.
mess their culture, there are some things common sense should adjust

1 Like

Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by wirinet(m): 2:41pm On May 20, 2022
I witness something similar when one of the son of the late chairman of the National sports commission under IBB wanted to take a igbo wife. The guy went to the traditional wedding with over N1 million in his pocket. After consistent billing, he ran out of cash and had to start borrowing from his brother. It got to a stage where he got annoyed and walked out, saying he was no longer interested in the marriage. Come see begging. It took the intervention of many guest for the guy to come back. After which we was immidiately handed over his wife.

7 Likes

Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by tayo60(f): 2:41pm On May 20, 2022
That's how people from that tribe do to their son in law. Overbilling the man as if he dey do them favour for marrying their daughter

2 Likes

Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by RedMac: 2:42pm On May 20, 2022
dem wan kill the man before him time...
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by ChoCho54(f): 2:42pm On May 20, 2022
Fiction
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by PerfectStranger(m): 2:50pm On May 20, 2022
All this fine on top one person head? Na Angel e wan marry? Y'all can't be serious.

2 Likes

Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by Karleb(m): 2:54pm On May 20, 2022
wirinet:

Let them keep their daughter and their grandchild.

Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by wirinet(m): 3:17pm On May 20, 2022
tayo60:
That's how people from that tribe do to their son in law. Overbilling the man as if he dey do them favour for marrying their daughter

After the excessive exploitation, they will still demand the son in law sponsors the education of one of their sons or send one of their sons abroad. In addition to that they also expect periodic monetary gifts.

2 Likes

Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by Danibonk(m): 3:22pm On May 20, 2022
Who go shame the father or the guy
wirinet:

Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by SmartPolician: 4:06pm On May 20, 2022
The worst mistake any guy would make in the East is to start giving the impression that you have arrived. Your hungry in-laws will just use you as an ATM. However, that is totally wrong and evil.

Imo and Abia States really need to adjust the requirements for marrying their daughters. It's not as if guys are marrying virgins these days. Imagine spending 1m to marry a girl with over 20 body counts. Getting married is a lot cheaper elsewhere in the East.

2 Likes

Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by GOFRONT(m): 4:35pm On May 20, 2022
This is why I have opted to marry my malo babe.

Requirement just a paltry sum and few kolanuts
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by paulolee(m): 4:36pm On May 20, 2022
a very wise man, the painful part b say she fit no be brand new o, if u ask around u go hear say the girl na one local champion wey village boys bin don collect stead "one mouth" tire before she luckily see husband..
after them go de ask hustling guys why we de scared of marriage..
na d same gender go enter church de sing " carry me dey go my husband ous" una go sing tire
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by paulolee(m): 4:38pm On May 20, 2022
wirinet:

no wahala...make the father use the extortion money use take care of the adopted child....rubbish
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 20, 2022
He even tried 1.5m no be beans
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by loosecanon50(m): 5:52pm On May 20, 2022
Shey na pvssy wey don wreck with different sizes of deick dem want make person pay for laidis. Thunder
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by chuksdsilent: 7:51pm On May 20, 2022
Las las the girl fit no be virgin self. For all this billing ahhh
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by NotoriousBiggyS: 8:13pm On May 20, 2022
Igbo and calabar girls, I can't marry them
I have them many I only fuccck with them and move on
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by Oracleforce: 9:17pm On May 20, 2022
They should.go.and.marry their daughter....

Igbo.people.with yeye traditional.wedding extortion....thats the reason most of their women don't marry on time...

With 1.5 million in Yoruba land...you have concluded both traditional, church and registry including accommodation...
And the lady in question could have chop different varieties of sticks from since her teenager
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by Wilson500: 10:54pm On May 20, 2022
Na mumu go waste that kind money to marry Igbo girl...
Igbo girls way don get Lifetime Award for dick-collecting....I dey sure say that place don turn to Lagos-Ibadan expressway undecided
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by Slynation(m): 11:09pm On May 20, 2022
grin
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by Fisher400: 11:56pm On May 20, 2022
Why did he leave with out collecting his money back from the yeye in-law
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by OgaTheTop2: 12:39am On May 21, 2022
He should just leave their daughter for them. Why all these levies...diamond dey for that place ni...or is the punna gold plated
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by jagorinho: 2:18am On May 21, 2022
Okwudili don vex!!!!
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by 1878m: 8:27am On May 21, 2022
[s]
post=113009319:
Japa Japa,
Japa lo Lagos.......

grin cheesy wink
[/s]
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by Risingsunn: 11:26am On Sep 15, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Okwudili deserve an award
Re: Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2023
wirinet:
Drama as bridegroom walks out of engagement ceremony in Isiala Ngwa due to extortion.

He paid N1,500,000 to cater for food, tents, chairs and a public address system.

He was also made to set aside N100,000 as the bride price that the two families had agreed on.

Okwudili was asked to add N50,000 to the bride price because he had already impregnated the girl.

He was slapped with a N10,000 fine for making a detour to the wrong path and ending up in a different homestead instead of the girl's.

He was also asked to pay N15,000 to appease the elders who had become tired of waiting for his arrival.

Drama however ensued when twelve girls covered in loose robes from head to toe were paraded before Okwudili and he was asked to guess who his fiancée was.

He pointed at the wrong woman and that lead to yet another fine of N15,000 thrice

The decisive moment specifically was when the elders demanded for a refund of the total sum of N850,000 that had been paid as the girl's school fees and upkeep since she started primary school!

Fuming with anger which he tried his best to hide, Okwudili excused himself to visit a nearby latrine and disappeared!

He switched off his phone and was last seen in a bus heading to Lagos from Owerri.

https://dailynewsreporters.com/man-absconds-from-marriage-ceremony-in-isiala-ngwa-over-incessant-demands/

Smart guy.

I will never allow myself to be extorted in the name of a marriage ceremony. They should marry their daughter.

I always work with a budget.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Asked For It And I Gave Her. / How I Fell In Love With A Crippled Chines Man [PICTURE] / Breaking and trending news around the world

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.