Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,504 members, 7,801,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP (30485 Views)

2023: You Will Suffer - Wike Blasts Southern Govs For Betraying Him For Atiku / 2023: Saraki, PDP Governors Mull Alliance Against Atiku, Other Aspirants / Reverend Mbaka Blasts Atiku, Calls Him Bureau De Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Terabyteck(m): 2:31pm On May 20, 2022
Rivers Governor and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential aspirant, Nyesom Wike, has berated some PDP aspirants for betraying the party in 2015, saying they do not deserve the party’s presidential ticket for 2023.

Wike, who alluded to former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, said some aspirants in the PDP, caused disunity in the party in 2015, formed the new-PDP and sold out the party’s goodwill and electoral opportunities.

He spoke when he met Oyo PDP leaders and delegates in Ibadan, capital of Oyo State on Thursday to solicit support ahead of the party’s presidential primary this month.

The Governor said: “The issue is, who are those who made PDP to lose election in 2015 that today we are suffering? Today, we are in opposition and trying to take power back.

“But see what the country has been turned into. Who are those who told Nigerians that President Buhari is a saint, that President Buhari will salvage Nigeria. What is their sense of judgment. Who are those aspirants who abandoned PDP, betrayed PDP and went to support President Buhari?”

Wike, in a statement by his Special Assistant, Media, Kelvin Ebiri, insisted that some PDP presidential aspirants brought President Muhammadu Buhari to power.

He said: “Now we are suffering. People are dying everyday. From January to March in Kaduna, over 1000 people have been killed. So many people have been kidnapped.”

The Rivers Governor also alluded to a similar behaviour that was demonstrated by a PDP chieftain, who got immersed support of the party in 2019.

Wike said that there was a need for electorate at all levels to be more concerned about the kind of people they wanted to entrust the leadership of the country.

He said anyone desiring to govern Nigeria must be firm, courageous and should own up what he said.

“If it was the wrong thing that was said, say I am sorry but I have to say something as a leader. Not when you say something one minute, the next moment you say they didn’t get your approval”, he said.

Wike said PDP and Nigeria did not require theorists, but somebody who had the ability and qualities to offer focused leadership.

He explained that if he became the president of Nigeria, he would put the best of heads together, who would work under good supervision and coordination.

He said: “Nigerians know my views. I believe in restructuring. I believe in state police. You cannot stop insecurity in this country without state police which is the practice in all countries that run true federalism. Intelligence is key. Before it happens you’ve stopped it or cage them.

“Look at it, 42 people died in train blast, up until now no concrete report. This is a country where a Minister of Transport, after people died in such accident and the next day, he went and collected form for presidency.

“You’re a Minister of Education, schools have closed for how many months, the next thing, the minister went and collected form for presidency. I have not seen a country like this, no conscience.”

Oyo Governor Seyi Makinde assured Wike of the support of Oyo and south-west geopolitical zone support.

“If they say Seyi Makinde and the delegates from the south west of Nigeria are supporting Governor Wike, say there is a reason. When people come to canvass for your vote listen to them, but at the end of the day tell them this is who (Wike) we are supporting,” he said.

Former Ekiti Governor, Ayo Fayose, explained that south-west delegates will be meeting in Ibadan before the PDP national convention to take decision on who to support.

According to Fayose, for the first, delegates from the south-west will be speaking with one voice during the convention to pick the party’s presidential flagbearer. “We will take a position and we will hand over the delegates to our governor, our leader (Makinde). If you like me, follow me. If you like governor Wike follow him. But by the grace of God we will do house meeting before we set out. We will go to Abuja with at least 85 to 90 percent of our votes in one direction,” he said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/wike-blasts-atiku-other-aspirants-for-betraying-pdp/

20 Likes

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:35pm On May 20, 2022
PDP in Nigeria again?!

God forbid bad thing.....

69 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Odin13: 2:36pm On May 20, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Jones4190(m): 2:39pm On May 20, 2022
So Atiku was Head of Economic Team under Obasanjo, he was the one who blocked Lagos State revenue for 8yrs, when Bola Ahmed Tinubu was the Governor without minding the suffering of Lagos State civil servants and the populace. This is a man who want to be Nigerian President. So if he becomes President, South West will kick Lagos/Ibadan Expressway bye bye, Lagos/Ibadan Railway Project bye bye.
He will starve Lagos of Funds again. Lagos people, should remember that once between, twice shy.
Me I don take my own as an elder stateman

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Tinubuadvocate: 2:40pm On May 20, 2022
This is only person that deserve the ticket.

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Smithkafors(m): 2:55pm On May 20, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
This is only person that deserve the ticket.
So that APC will beat PDP before 12:00am. Lol, give Peter Obi ticket and see APC gone. This is fact!.
Worse thing APC will do is to give tinubu ticket......Anyone in PDP will win him.

104 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Buckeyemedia1: 2:57pm On May 20, 2022
Jones4190:
So Atiku was Head of Economic Team under Obasanjo, he was the one who blocked Lagos State revenue for 8yrs, when Bola Ahmed Tinubu was the Governor without minding the suffering of Lagos State civil servants and the populace. This is a man who want to be Nigerian President. So if he becomes President, South West will kick Lagos/Ibadan Expressway bye bye, Lagos/Ibadan Railway Project bye bye.
He will starve Lagos of Funds again. Lagos people, should remember that once between, twice shy.
Me I don take my own as an elder stateman
You have shown yourself to be extremely naive & intellectually weak?, Nonsense Mumurist.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Reality3080: 3:21pm On May 20, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
You have shown yourself to be extremely naive & intellectually weak?, Nonsense Mumurist.
I realize u were still in primary school when atiku was vp but go n read about how he sold Nigeria assets to his friends all in d name of privatization

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Richardonald(m): 3:34pm On May 20, 2022
Wike is just making noise, wike cannot even win the whole south south and he wants to win party primaries..

Wike is working for tambuwal to be the party bearer, so he can get VP slot...

Atiku will never pick wike as VP..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Gkay1(m): 4:56pm On May 20, 2022
Peter obi all the way

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by NwaNimo1(m): 4:56pm On May 20, 2022
Mr Angry....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Ethannathan(m): 4:56pm On May 20, 2022
O
Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by UTILITYMAY(m): 4:56pm On May 20, 2022
If you think PDP won't have issues after primaries, you are deceiving yourself. APC will have issues, PDP will have issues. NNPP might just be very much favoured in the North. But if Osinbajo gets APC ticket, he is the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by saints2(f): 4:56pm On May 20, 2022
Hmmm... Its about to go down... PDP is now copying APC style... Set awon betrayer... grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by tragergeorge(m): 4:56pm On May 20, 2022
Wike de jonze normally

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by stano2(m): 4:57pm On May 20, 2022
All of una na the same

1 Like

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by zenithal: 4:57pm On May 20, 2022
These heartless politicians can betray anyone, and ruin anything if it will benefit their political ambition.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Ekejoestar(m): 4:57pm On May 20, 2022
This beaut is up for grabs, owner urgently in need of money and is selling it lower than the market price.

Features. MP3 radio, passenger seat available, front and back suspension, full LED headlight, front and back trafficator, loud horn.

Contact at 09020193610.

1 Like

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Elidrisy20: 4:57pm On May 20, 2022
This guy go bury PDP patapata

2 Likes

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 20, 2022
Thank God there's Wike. PDP for don die patapata

8 Likes

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by paulolee(m): 4:58pm On May 20, 2022
k
Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Jibabs2(m): 4:58pm On May 20, 2022
The same style use by APC. Osinbajo I know
Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Golan007: 4:58pm On May 20, 2022
Smithkafors:

So that APC will beat PDP before 12:00am. Lol, give Peter Obi ticket and see APC gone. This is fact!.
Worse thing APC will do is to give tinubu ticket......Anyone in PDP will win him.

Hahaha ha.

Peter Obi.

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 20, 2022
Smithkafors:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

If its Peter Obi, APC would have won by 1:00PM max

Rihanna new born baby has better chances of winning the coming election than Peter Obi.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Acidosis(m): 4:59pm On May 20, 2022
Valid points everywhere

Look at it, 42 people died in train blast, up until now no concrete report. This is a country where a Minister of Transport, after people died in such accident and the next day, he went and collected form for presidency.

Only in Nigeria

“You’re a Minister of Education, schools have closed for how many months, the next thing, the minister went and collected form for presidency. I have not seen a country like this, no conscience.”

Dead conscience.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Golan007: 4:59pm On May 20, 2022
grin

88 Likes

Re: Wike Blasts Atiku, Other Aspirants For Betraying PDP by Kingozymandias(m): 4:59pm On May 20, 2022
Strange unstable man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi At Lord Chosen Crusade In Mgbidi In 2020 (Throwback) / Who Was The President Of Nigeria When You Were Born? / Uche Chukwumerije Buried In Abia [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.