Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Strictly 4 The Gunners: Season Preview! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Strictly 4 The Gunners: Season Preview! (837 Views)

Meet Arsenal's New Striker - Goal.com Mocks The Gunners? / Truexgold Is Giving Out Free $1500.00 Pob Credits – Strictly 4 Punters On Nl. / The Gunners' First Quiz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Strictly 4 The Gunners: Season Preview! by lanres1(m): 11:07am On Aug 09, 2007
To all gunners, I want you all to forget about the disappointments of the last three seasons. If you recall that our team has been going through some forms of metamorphosis after Graham maliciously ended our invincibility at Old trafford. I can confidently tell you now that the team has been transformed in all departments of the game.

We now have a new Tony Adams in Kolo Toure, an hard tackling Viera in Diaby and leading the Arsenal line will be Van Persie, a player who few in the Premier League can rival in terms of skill and whose performances in pre-season suggest is better than ever.

Emmanuel Adebayor showed last season that while he may lack consistency he can be inspirational as well as frustrating, and the Togo international is likely to play a major role.

There is greater cohesion and our team work is second to none. At the other end of the pitch we have been more suspect than spectacular in recent years, but the arrival of Bakari Sagna from Auxerre gives the defence a more solid look.

With Sagna at right-back, William Gallas and Kolo Toure in the centre and the exciting Gael Clichy on the left, the back-line also has the right mix of athleticism and power.
Barring injuries, Emmanuel Eboue may find himself playing on the right wing more often than in defence, but competition for places in midfield will be equally intense.

Cesc Fabregas and Gilberto are certain starters in the centre and Alexander Hleb and Tomas Rosicky have also slotted seamlessly into the Arsenal side.
The capture of Eduardo da Silva may have raised a few eyebrows but Wenger has an excellent record of unearthing gems.

The Brazilian-born Croatian has plundered goals for Dinamo Zagreb over the last couple of seasons and, though the Premier League is a huge step-up, his finishing ability could prove invaluable to a side that has struggled to put away chances.

With Henry and Robin van Persie injured last season we were lacking a bona fide predator up front, but da Silva could still struggle to get in Wenger's first-choice XI.

We will never be OUTGUNNED. I am a true gunner just like you. I aint give a damn if others are beefin us. If clubs like wolves, Birmingham City and sheffield utd are being supported by fans. I see no reason why we should regret being an Arsenal fan.

Forget about the trophyless seasons, forget about the sale of Thierry Henry. In 1998, Barcelona sold the phenomenon to Inter Milan and the whole world thought the end has come for Barca, but today they are the finest club in europe. In 1998, when we won double. Anelka who was part of that team left us for Madrid, few years later we went through the whole season unbeaten.

Now that we have a relatively younger squad who are eager to prove those fools wrong, I sincerely believe that these young guns would do us proud. Cesc was nominated for the pfa award last season don't forget. Van Persie was our highest goal scorer and Bendtner is more than ready for premiership action. Don't forget the effervescent Denilson and the enterprising, Diaby. And how about Gael Clichy, who single handedly wrecked Ajax at the Amsterdam arena.

I laugh when we people tell me that the present team is full of young and inexperienced stars. Remember, Walcott was at the world cup although as a spectator because he never got to play in any match. Even, if you look at the trend in the premiership now. You will discover that there is an influx of young blood into the Barclays' premiership. Man Utd's Nani and Andersson are 20 and 19 respectively. Liverpool's Barbel is 21 and the much talked about Torres is 23. So what the f***?

Lets look forward to the season with enthusiasm and optimism. Regarding the fixtures am not scared. I disgraced Man Utd home and away with an injury piqued team, humiliated liverpool at Amfield, annihilated Spurs at Ashburton groove and went to stamford bridge with my 'feeders' team and was forced to a 1-1. WHO SAYS WE AINT READY FOR THE NEW SEASON?

Star man: Cesc Fabregas - we keep hold of the young Spaniard this summer even though he had talks with Real Madrid. He is improving every year and has the quality to inspire our young guns to a greater level.

One to watch: Abou Diaby: Wenger has been looking for the next Patrick Vieira for years and Diaby may be ready to take up the mantle. Strong, dynamic and comfortable on the ball, the Frenchman is likely to be one of the best young midfielders in the league this season.

Manager: Arsene Wenger: Rumours abound about Wenger's future but he will be hoping to mould at least one more great Arsenal team before moving on.

Ins: Eduardo da Silva (Dinamo Zagreb), Lukasz Fabianski (Legia Warsaw), Havard Nordveit (Haugesund), Bakari Sagna (Auxerre)

Outs: Jeremie Aliadiere (Middlesbrough), Thierry Henry (Barcelona), Mart Poom (Watford), Arturo Lupoli (Fiorentina), Fabrice Muamba (Birmingham), Freddie Ljungberg (West Ham), Jose Antonio Reyes (Atletico Madrid)

Best signing: Eduardo da Silva

Odds: 10/1

Likely top scorer: Robin van Persie

Possible best XI (Lehmann, Sagna, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Hleb, Fabregas, Gilberto, Rosicky, Adebayor, van Persie)

Re: Strictly 4 The Gunners: Season Preview! by toba1909(m): 11:35am On Aug 14, 2007
A beg Jens Lehmann shouldn't listed among the first XI of Arsenal,let Fabianski be tried.

(1) (Reply)

Drop A Prayer Line For Sammy "the Nigerian Nightmare" Peters / I've Put Okocha Row Behind Me - Etim / Is Carlo Anceloti The Right Man 4 Chelsea.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.