Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! (1481 Views)

Please Help, My Tablet Is Stuck Showing Only Tecno Logo / Pls How Can I Factory Reset My Tablet? / Woman Got Burnt As Gas Cylinder Explodes While Using Her Phone (Graphic photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! by Hanibbal(m): 5:24pm On May 20, 2022
Good evening Nlanders techwiz my tablet charger got burnt today I heard the sound and smoke came out of it and it is still smelling but to my surprise it is still charging the device and it moved from 60%-78% after the burnt. So my question is should I continue using the charger or get a new one? Will the charger harm the battery if I continue using it?

Cc: atheistandproud
Re: My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! by liminna(m): 5:28pm On May 20, 2022
What if its the reverse current or over current circuit that burned? As scotty would say "oil is cheaper than engine"
Re: My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! by godofuck231: 5:29pm On May 20, 2022
Its just blew a resistor not the ic , some have multiple resistors
Re: My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! by Hanibbal(m): 5:35pm On May 20, 2022
liminna:
What if its the reverse current or over current circuit that burned? As scotty would say "oil is cheaper than engine"

I don't understand all these language o. Please just come down to my level and answer the question. Is it safe to continue using it or get a new one?
Re: My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! by Hanibbal(m): 5:36pm On May 20, 2022
godofuck231:
Its just blew a resistor not the ic , some have multiple resistors

So should I continue using it. is it safe to continue using it since it is still charging the tablet. Will it have negative impact on the battery?
Re: My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! by liminna(m): 5:42pm On May 20, 2022
Hanibbal:

I don't understand all these language o. Please just come down to my level and answer the question. Is it safe to continue using it or get a new one?
That charger can kill you. Maybe nothing will happen, do you want to gamble?
Re: My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! by SUPERPACK: 6:04pm On May 20, 2022
Hanibbal:
Good evening Nlanders techwiz my tablet charger got burnt today I heard the sound and smoke came out of it and it is still smelling but to my surprise it is still charging the device. So my question is should I continue using the charger or get a new one? Will the charger harm the battery if I continue using it?

What actually burnt in the charger is a voltage filter capacitor, so it is important you buy a new charger. Mine had same issue, it happened when our Tiger Generator had issues, once I plug it into my phone my phone will start hanging badly till I remove it.

So what is happening now is that the charger will no longer have a fixed current and will be fluntuating, give or take your battery will be damaged with a short while because batteries need constant voltage and current.

Since this capacitor (it works as a temporal battery) is damaged the voltage and output will be low and will only be able to keep your device on and not charge the phone.

2 Likes

Re: My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! by Hanibbal(m): 6:14pm On May 20, 2022
SUPERPACK:
What actually burnt in the charger is a voltage filter capacitor, so it is important you buy a new charger. Mine had same issue, it happened when our Tiger Generator had issues, once I plug it into my phone my phone will start hanging badly till I remove it.

So what is happening now is that the charger will no longer have a fixed current and will be fluntuating, give or take your battery will be damaged with a short while because batteries need constant voltage and current.

Since this capacitor (it works as a temporal battery) is damaged the voltage and output will be low and will only be able to keep your device on and not charge the phone.

Thanks for the reply. The device charged from 65 to 70% after the burnt event and it is still charging and moving up.
Re: My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! by Hanibbal(m): 7:16pm On May 20, 2022
atheistandproud please I need your input here. You have not answered me.
Re: My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! by brightest5050: 7:34pm On May 20, 2022
What much would it cost you to buy an original tablet charger? (if it's ipad probably 9k) why not work towards it or temporarily stop/reduce the usage of the tablet while you buy it.

Some stress are not worth it besides there is no price tag on safety. Managing the charger may lead to your death there are 1001 ways to die and this is definitely one of the ways
Re: My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! by Hanibbal(m): 7:47pm On May 20, 2022
brightest5050:
What much would it cost you to buy an original tablet charger? (if it's ipad probably 9k) why not work towards it or temporarily stop/reduce the usage of the tablet while you buy it.

Some stress are not worth it besides there is no price tag on safety. Managing the charger may lead to your death there are 1001 ways to die and this is definitely one of the ways

Thanks for the reply. I am getting a new one.
Re: My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! by atheistandproud(m): 8:25pm On May 20, 2022
Hanibbal:
atheistandproud please I need your input here. You have not answered me.

Superpack has given you a perfect explanation. I'll suggest that you buy a new charger as soon as you can afford it.

1 Like

Re: My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! by SUPERPACK: 8:37pm On May 20, 2022
Hanibbal:

Thanks for the reply. The device charged from 65 to 70% after the burnt event and it is still charging and moving up.
Mine happened twice, first with Generator and I was still using it perfectly then it happened again when our transformer had issue that was when the hanging started.

The issue might not be immediate but it will lead to gradual disintegration of either your charger or your phone battery/charging IC, your phone can handle the defect for now but for how long.

After my own happened the second time my phone charging behaviour changed for worst, it can be on 20% and not gain a single percent in hours. It can also go from 70% to 100% in 5 mins while charging, I will watch the battery indicator count like countdown timer grin
Re: My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! by godofuck231: 9:13pm On May 20, 2022
Hanibbal:

So should I continue using it. is it safe to continue using it since it is still charging the tablet. Will it have negative impact on the battery?
yes very safe, if its a fast charger it's fast charging capabilities will be reduced back to normal charging thats all
Re: My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! by HarlequinLekex: 9:47pm On May 20, 2022
Hanibbal:
Good evening Nlanders techwiz my tablet charger got burnt today I heard the sound and smoke came out of it and it is still smelling but to my surprise it is still charging the device and it moved from 60%-78% after the burnt. So my question is should I continue using the charger or get a new one? Will the charger harm the battery if I continue using it?

get new one it is unsafe for u sometimes ago i read that a family smelt a burnt odour from the kitchen at night only to get to kitchen to know what was happening they switched on the light immediately the house exploded and they all died ;not to talk of charger issue
Re: My Tablet Charger Got Burnt But Still Charging. Help! by larrypourl(m): 6:12pm On Jun 19, 2022
Had a similar experience 4 year ago and the charger still charge my device till date. The only follow come charger that lasted this long and still works.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think About The 55000 Mh New Age Poweebank / Tecno Will Soon Release Their First Flagship Device / My Motorola RAZR, Interested?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.