Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,895 members, 7,806,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days (31585 Views)

Help! My Life Is Being Ruined At The Moment / My Weed Addiction And Discovery. / My Journey Into Weed Addiction (pics). I Sincerely Wanna QUIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by Danielle09: 6:50pm On May 20, 2022
This story am about to tell you is personally about my life and I hope people will learn from it

It all began 2012 when I gained admission into a university, prior to that I had some health challenges then, I couldn't eat well and I hardly sleep both day and night, when everyone else is sleeping at night, my eyes are always widely opened and have been dealing with this since I was a child

My first year in school the sleeping disorder got worse, I couldn't make up for morning classes because I sleep late and I wake up late, so I decided to visit a pharmacy to complain, I was given some medication and it lasted for about 3 months before it stopped having effect on me

Fast forward to second semester I already had friends we hung out together, about 70% smoke weed, so one day, we went out as usual to have fun, later that night I was already tipsy from the beer I took I didn't realize I had collected weed from one my friends, I took some puffs and after 3mins everything changed. I was so hungry and wasn't getting myself anymore that night, my very close friend noticed and took me home that night

On getting home, the hunger was so intensed that i began to eat raw noodles and anything eatable on sight that night and i was able to sleep well, fast forward to next day, then i said to myself is this how good weed is, immediately I called a bike to take me to where I can buy the weed. I went back home and I smoked it, I was able to eat the food i wouldn't eat well on a normal day and also sleep well.

I became so addicted to it, that it started dictating my mood, it started affecting my social life and studies. I changed from being an extrovert to an introvert. I stopped going to church totally. Then suddenly I started getting depressed on a daily basis

Less that a year to graduate, my health had deteriorated so bad that I became so thin, most people couldn't recognize me until they move closer or hear my voice. One day I went to school and I took some pictures, on getting back home I started going through the pictures I took. Immediately my mood changed seeing my pictures and comparing them with the ones I took before gaining admission, the difference was so glaring and I started crying and asking myself how I got myself into this mess then I started contemplating suicide If I die I wouldn't be feeling depressed but each time I remember how my father will feel when I die. I said to myself that I began smoking because I couldn't eat well and sleep well and see where it has gotten me

Then I decided to face my fear, in tears i ransacked my entire room that day, I flushed all the weed I bought not minding how much I used to purchase it, I made sure I removed everything relating to weed in my room that day, I deleted all my dealers number cut off all my chronic smokers friend

The first 2 months was so hard, because of how badly I was addicted to weed, then I started going back to church, I changed my circle of friends and with the glory of God I graduated without problems.

My advice to any fellow that might be going through the same predicament, nobody can stop u from taking weed or drugs, it's only you that can make that decision on your own most of my colleagues back then couldn't graduate because of one thing or the other. Dont let drug dictate how you'll live your life

325 Likes 34 Shares

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by rickpat(m): 6:59pm On May 20, 2022
happy you pulled through bro...it's not an easy road but it's worth it when you fight and destroy any addiction to drugs...

#saynotodrugs

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by Segzydaniels(m): 7:11pm On May 20, 2022
Not an easy step to make
But you fought through
Congrats bro

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by Zonefree(m): 7:21pm On May 20, 2022
rickpat:
happy you pulled through bro...it's not an easy road but it's worth it when you fight and destroy any addiction to drugs...

#saynotodrugs
Weed is not drugs.

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by rickpat(m): 7:27pm On May 20, 2022
Zonefree:
Weed is not drugs.
I hear you...weed is grass or bush....

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by Danielle09: 7:35pm On May 20, 2022
Zonefree:

Weed is not drugs.
Bro don't be ignorant

80 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by fernandez1(m): 8:00pm On May 20, 2022
Bro Weed is not the Problem....Your country Naija is the problem, Elon Musk smokes weed and he his the richest man on earth, It's focus you need bro.....I have been smoking Weed since 2006 and I can perfectly say it's better than cigrate and any other drugs.

Modified: naija and hypocrisy, like say una get sense or una de think….. colonization mentality de worry most…. Because of oyinbo classify am has drug so its means it’s hard drug.

One mumu de talk about musk, when the people una de copy don declassified am now . Una mumu too much.

191 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 20, 2022
It's good you have broken away from the addiction.

At a point in my life, i almost got hooked on tramadol due to boost in energy level it gave me during gym sessions. But i thank God, i'm a free man today.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by inoki247: 8:51pm On May 20, 2022
Comrade na u no sabi jhoor...

Igbo no suppose damage you na You suppose Damage igbo....

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by TheWolfen(m): 8:51pm On May 20, 2022
Say no to drugs

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by Frosheer(m): 8:51pm On May 20, 2022
too bad
Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by AzuNas: 8:52pm On May 20, 2022
Alright. . . . . . . Aje

No be weed.

You go do pass ursef.

Thank God say you pass tru

Abeg

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by Justinlean02(m): 8:52pm On May 20, 2022
Sorry mate you lost focus, weed was your medication but you couldn't be responsible while at it. MJ is our medication bruh cool

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by letitrainnow(m): 8:52pm On May 20, 2022
True talk
Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by Oluwapresley(m): 8:53pm On May 20, 2022
Nijailria, turf to bottom. Turf to bottom.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by gasparpisciotta: 8:53pm On May 20, 2022
If you cannot control it, it will control you

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by Hndrrxxx(m): 8:53pm On May 20, 2022
If we want to smoke with you boy, you can’t go out ya’know

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by destiny322(m): 8:53pm On May 20, 2022
This your story no clear sha but anything that works for you.

No be weed make you go through the things you typed here. I advice you go for further medical check ups.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by Kizzygentle: 8:53pm On May 20, 2022
Congrats bro.. I pray it be permanent.. Addiction!!!
Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by verybadmouth(m): 8:53pm On May 20, 2022
Smokers die young

1 Like

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by Lincoln275(m): 8:53pm On May 20, 2022
Comrade
Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by pappilo(m): 8:53pm On May 20, 2022
Igbo
Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by watersideboys: 8:53pm On May 20, 2022
Abeg stop blaming weed what nonsense

18 Likes

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by MikeMicheal(m): 8:53pm On May 20, 2022
That is why Marijuana is better than weed, even cannabis and igboo are better too.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by Dididrumz(m): 8:54pm On May 20, 2022
Too much of everything is bad

Weed in itself is not bad.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 20, 2022
Short term gain, long term loss... undecided angry

2 Likes

Re: How Weed Addiction Almost Ruined My Life back in University Days by tillaman(m): 8:54pm On May 20, 2022
My own was tramol, the story long sha hopefully Another day we go talk am

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why You Must Suck Or Drink Your Wife Breast Milk / My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Advice On Edmark Health Products???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.