Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career (11856 Views)

Please Advise Me On Which Certification To Get / How To Further My Career In Canada With Nigeria HND / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by LIGHTROOM: 3:59pm On May 23, 2022
Since you already have experience on quality Assurance/control. I advise you go an study how to produce quality Pampers, so that people like Tinubu will not be disgrace in public.
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Idrismusty97(m): 3:59pm On May 23, 2022
Built2last:

I mentioned 3 things.

Path to what?

If its nursing, enrol in a school of nursing in Naija. go to the ones accredited.

Once you get the qualification, visit www.gov.uk and see where nursing and other medical vacancies are needed, you will then apply. chances they will contact you is high. but they will verify everything, so no mago mago
Sorry i mean Data Analytics or Business Analysis. Can i do a short genuine online courses on those and total tuition if possible? Thanks
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Autopoly: 4:00pm On May 23, 2022
I also studied Industrial chemistry during my Bsc. But chemistry Doesn’t work in Nigeria . Best to go further abroad . As an option , Data analytics is good as computer and technology is the future

Do patronize me for your Meaningful Company Logo, 3D designs and flyers. Quality is assured .
0814888.2761 blaze whataap

Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by mokt(m): 4:01pm On May 23, 2022
Ttomel:
I need a professional advice. I studied pure chemistry and environmental chemistry for 1st & 2nd degree respectively.

I started my career in customer service with telecom, I lost the job, then I entered pharmaceutical ( quality Assurance/control),

I am looking at running a course and I am confused on which one to do; Safety health& environment or food quality management system or data analytics or CIPS (procurement & supply chain.

Thanks

Go for Safety health & environment and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Legitng1v: 4:01pm On May 23, 2022
Please who fit give me airtime airtel abeg
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by bid4rich(m): 4:01pm On May 23, 2022
Your dream in life determines the kind of professional body you belong or the kind of certification. Listen less to people's advice and follow your dream

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Legitng1v: 4:01pm On May 23, 2022
Please who fit give me airtime airtel abeg
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by stankezzy: 4:01pm On May 23, 2022
How can one study data analyst , my friend suggested it to me saying it is d next heat but I don't know how to go about it

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Legitng1v: 4:02pm On May 23, 2022
]Please who fit give me airtime airtel abeg [/color]
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by ayobamdgreat(m): 4:02pm On May 23, 2022
Moyinoluwa35:
just two people, what can 2k do for u, pls quote me and ur account number i will pick just two lucky people

That 2k will enable me to subscribe for MTN 6gig daily and 4gig YouTube to continue my data science journey this week. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by ayobamdgreat(m): 4:06pm On May 23, 2022
ayobamdgreat:

That 2k will enable me to subscribe for MTN 6gig daily and 4gig YouTube to continue my data science journey this week. Thanks and God bless.
0787743343. Access.
Moyinoluwa35:
just two people, what can 2k do for u, pls quote me and ur account number i will pick just two lucky people
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by airsaylongcome: 4:07pm On May 23, 2022
If you can get a job in Supply Chain, by all means get CIPS. I’m a computing graduate and stumbled into Supply Chain deploying and supporting a Warehouse Management Software. Best career choice. Made me deeply aware about logistics and supply chain and materials management. If you are good, you can work your way to a buyer position which is a very “lucrative” role in Nigeria (because we are corrupt rotten and contractors will be hoping to bribe you so you keep purchasing from them).

I know a Vet Doc who was super intelligent and worked in Supply Chain for a major multinational manufacturing company in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by okoro99: 4:08pm On May 23, 2022
Moyinoluwa35:
Goodafternoon...
Thank you for your kindness.
The 2k will help in fixing my faulty touchpad(chatting with a friend's phone).
Opay
Kamaldeen olawale
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by inyangd4: 4:08pm On May 23, 2022
Hello OP.
I also did Industrial and Analytical Chemistry for 1 n 2nd degree. I have less than a year experience in QC and I have passion for it!

With my passion for QC, I did a certification in Data science.

So far, I have found the application of DS in understanding of Six Sigma for process control; chemoformatics for method development/validation/manipulation, etc.

Now to you,
What is your career path?
If you want to remain within the chemistry domain, do any of first 2 you mentioned.

If you still have interest in other fields ( like myself)
Do data science

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by airsaylongcome: 4:09pm On May 23, 2022
LIGHTROOM:
Since you already have experience on quality Assurance/control. I advise you go an study how to produce quality Pampers, so that people like Tinubu will not be disgrace in public.

Just a point of note, Pampers is a brand of diapers. Just like Indomie is a brand of ramen/noodles.
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by AmDayo: 4:10pm On May 23, 2022
Moyinoluwa35:
just two people, what can 2k do for u, pls quote me and ur account number i will pick just two lucky peoople

Sir, I will use it to buy half bag of charcoal with beans and garri. Thank you.
2009677191 Kuda bank Temidayo Emmanuel
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by ennon92(m): 4:10pm On May 23, 2022
Moyinoluwa35:
0012291485 Access Bank

The 2k will go a long way in my baby boy's life, trying to get him SMA gold but still need to wait til month end when salary would be paid...Have few bucks with me nw, will just augment it with the 2k .

Thanks and God bless
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by digitite: 4:10pm On May 23, 2022
-
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by digitite: 4:13pm On May 23, 2022
Ttomel:
I need a professional advice. I studied pure chemistry and environmental chemistry for 1st & 2nd degree respectively.

I started my career in customer service with telecom, I lost the job, then I entered pharmaceutical ( quality Assurance/control),

I am looking at running a course and I am confused on which one to do; Safety health& environment or food quality management system or data analytics or CIPS (procurement & supply chain.

Thanks

Data Analytics can be applied to all industry. But you need a lot of practice to stay one step ahead. Meaning you shall be working on DATASETS in your specialization , that way you can easily get a job.

Send me an email to

( datanalyst@radialhosting.com.ng )

and I shall guide you.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Vicswil(m): 4:16pm On May 23, 2022
Moyinoluwa35:

That 2k will be enough to take me on another job hunting tomorrow. Thank you �

0731260313 - Access Bank.
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by digitite: 4:19pm On May 23, 2022
stankezzy:
How can one study data analyst , my friend suggested it to me saying it is d next heat but I don't know how to go about it

Start with Microsoft Excel for Data Analysis and work on Small Data Sets.

After that, you move on to Tableau ( Data Visualization ) and Power BI.

And then R, SQL and Python programming to work on Big Data and to Automate the process. It is very interesting and very easy.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Xtremempire: 4:22pm On May 23, 2022
All can say is, it depends on the career path you want to take. There are several certifications as well as websites that offer these certifications out there, you just have to choose the one that’s right for you.

It comes down to:
1. The niche (career path) that you are in. These are; the jobs you want to apply for, your education and many more.

2. The type of certifications that you want. Is it for Hard skills or soft skills, is it a free certification you want or paid certifications etc.

3. Work ethic or study ethic : it sometimes takes time to get certified. It’s not a walk in the park, you have to put in time and effort to learn it , you also have to practice the skills learnt to understand it.

With that said, here are few websites that offer free certifications:
• Coursera
• Google digital garage
• Google skill shop
• Alison.com
• Simplilearn
• LinkedIn
• Udemy
• Facebook blueprint
• Free code camp etc.
These ones should help you kick start your journey to get certifications.
You can get as many certifications as you like, they tend to get your foot in the door for most businesses but understanding how to use the skills learnt will get you the job in most cases.
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Becka021(f): 4:24pm On May 23, 2022
Moyinoluwa35:

Thank you so much, sis.

I'm a primary school teacher.
I will use it for transportation this week.
Access bank
Rebecca
God bless you.
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by enonche85(m): 4:24pm On May 23, 2022
Ttomel:

Thanks

It all depends on where ur passion lies, that is the most important thing.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by mlpnko: 4:27pm On May 23, 2022
Moyinoluwa35:

I Work at a pure water factory. I'll use it as transport fare till the ending of the month. Thanks.
first bank
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by vikgreen01(m): 4:31pm On May 23, 2022
inyangd4:
Hello OP.
I also did Industrial and Analytical Chemistry for 1 n 2nd degree. I have less than a year experience in QC and I have passion for it!

With my passion for QC, I did a certification in Data science.

So far, I have found the application of DS in understanding of Six Sigma for process control; chemoformatics for method development/validation/manipulation, etc.

Now to you,
What is your career path?
If you want to remain within the chemistry domain, do any of first 2 you mentioned.

If you still have interest in other fields ( like myself)
Do data science

Pls I will like to get my self with data science/ analysis. How do I kick start in this tech skill, I have taken some free online courses on it but I really want an in-depth knowledge and where I can be finely groom and been monitored. I came across an organization who’s charging the sum of 1.5 million naira for it,, thou there are alot of benefits attached to it like housing, feeding, a personal laptop, monthly stipends among others for a period of 9months. It’s like a camping stuff nd the 1.5m will be paid in 30months.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Maverick777: 4:32pm On May 23, 2022
Heyf:

Need it to buy data
At home due to ASUU strike, so I’m taking a course on Udemy for business intelligence

Kuda
Thank you
LMAO... u don dey de game tey!
course ko! swear ni!
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by mizmia: 4:32pm On May 23, 2022
Ttomel ISO 9001: 2015, 45001: 2018 and 14001. Then you could do a stint on HSE levels 1, 2 and 3. Then you are good to go.
post=113023141:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Blesschemical: 4:33pm On May 23, 2022
Moyinoluwa35:
It will go a long to get me data to take my online classes. Thank you
First bank
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Zee0007: 4:34pm On May 23, 2022
That was how you did audio giveaway the other time. I and some dude were picked but you never reached out to us. This is almost 3months now.

Now, you are here running the same. Haba! Have conscience na.

Moyinoluwa35:
just two people, what can 2k do for u, pls quote me and ur account number I will pick just two lucky people
Re: Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career by Emmako007(m): 4:40pm On May 23, 2022
Moyinoluwa35:
I will need the 2k to aid my TP to PH tomorrow for an interview. I could forward my aza on request. Thanks in anticipation..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GTBank Vs Zenith Bank / Professional Courses Suitable For A Microbiologist / Masters In Project Management At Unilag Or Pmp Certified?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.