Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! (34568 Views)

‘I Watched In Horror As They Slaughtered My Daughter Like An Animal’ (Picture) / Kenneth Amukamara: Imo Youth Leader Assassinated, House Burnt, Cars Vandalised / I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Favaman(m): 1:44am On May 21, 2022
I was having a discussion with my hostel mate at the top roof of the building, when we noticed a dude hopping to a hideout.

Initially, we thought he was being chased by some bad bois, then I noticed this dude kept running out from a particular point to the hideout anytime a vehicle or any human figure appears.

The kiosk is along the road, my guy was insisting that he was being chased, giving me a lot of points to ascertain his claim. I was like no if a person is being chased, there is no way the person will keep going to a particular place and later come out and go to the same place he ran from, obviously this dude is a thief!! Trying to steal. The time was between 12:05-12:58.

Few minutes later, this thief came out with some stuff from the kiosk's direction to the same hideout. He dropped it and move back to the kiosk direction. We couldn't see how he was taking this things out because, our view from the roof top to the kiosk is obstructed by some elements of a building and we were abit far from the point where he was doing this.

We were watching until something happened, this dude came back to the hideout, eating some stuff and he was having something with him like a bread or something. He sat down and he was eating from his loot.

As he was doing so, it was as if his luck was about to run out, a patrol of two vigilantees, came around and was flashing their torches around the place.

There were two things that would've happened.

1. If they(vigilantes) enter the street where the hideout of the dude is, they would've caught him.
2. If he(thief) had seen them, he would've ran and be shot dead.

On the other side, me and my guy was watching and we were contemplating if we should raise an alarm, we reasoned it. If we do now, the dude will try to run, thereby he will be shot, these vigilantees are absolutely merciless.

Beside dude was like he had not eating for days, as he was stealing, he was eating. I had a pity on him. I am very sure he is a student.

These vigilantees instincts was actually telling them something but they were too lazy or should I say they don't really care to go and check out the street opposite them, they were just flashing the torchlights all over the place but was reluctant to check out the place. They left and kept moving forward to the next junction. Leaving the thief to complete his mission.

After few minutes on the dinner, he got up and pack the other loots in a bag and took off.
All this happened within 1hr(12:05-58)

I was like "did I just do this"? How did I allow a thief to go scot free.?

Sorry to disappoint you guys, I can't stand someone being killed because I raised and alarm over stealing.. Many things might have been for the thief though, maybe he has not eaten for days, I don't know but I pray one day he will be caught.. If he still repeat it again in my presence, I won't hesitate to call the vigilantes on him.

I feel sorry for the shop owner.. Tomorrow I believe someone is going to wail and curse the thief..

I am looking out to watch what gonna happen tomorrow morning.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Blacklion3: 2:18am On May 21, 2022
I want you to know that if that guy was a chronic thief and wasn't in a dire need, he would have been seen, caught and shot dead.

Life has a way of giving us a chance to take illegitimate risk to aid survival (which we ought not to repeat the act)

If you observed, all the event that played out during that time-frame might have seem like it has once happened or you have seen it happen even before it took place. It's explained as Dejavu. Life wants you to learn a lesson. I hope you get it.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Teddy96: 2:38am On May 21, 2022
I believe the guy was just hungry and couldn't find anything to eat. . Reason why he steal. . Buh honestly what he stole didnt what to be taken his life away if you had raised alarm. .

I felt pity for the thief. . Buh u too tried. . What you did was the best. . Had i been u met a heartless person speaking something in a shop and you went and raise alarm. . Tbh that thief will deny u. . And accuss u back. . Some thief are smart. . Reason why i overlook them. .

U tried by protecting him and protecting ursekf aswell.
cry

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by brosom(m): 3:19am On May 21, 2022
Is not that u re too kind or couldn't raise an alarm knowing what he was doing was wrong, but u couldn't help it than to watch.

That Niggerr ain't no thief, or his time hasn't come, or he's not destined to die like a thief.

Nature played a major role here on u bro, and I know u must've learned something from it.

Anytime nature want to play his part in someone's life, we re just a loaf of bread in a big puzzle that can't do nothing.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by superCleanworks(m): 3:36am On May 21, 2022
Blacklion3:
I want you to know that if that guy was a a chronic thief and wasn't in a dire need, he would have been seen, caught and shot dead.

Life has a way of giving us a chance to take illegitimate risk to aid survival (which we ought not to repeat the act)

If you observed, all the event that played out during that time-frame might have seem like it has once happened or you have seen it happen even before it took place. It's explained as Dejavu. Life wants you to learn a lesson. I hope you get it.

I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT bla bla bla.... So you are now an expert on criminal luck and fortune.? You just sit and hold your phone and all of a sudden you have become the merlin of crime? What else do you know? Please educate us.

Please & Please... WHAT THE HELL has dejavu got to do with any of this your nauseating explanations and excuses? Or you just want to sound smart to cover your bullshit?

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by LifeOfTrigga(m): 3:44am On May 21, 2022
Sometimes e no make man go pursue thief o, cos some thieves dey desperate.
Happen back then in my hood surulere these guys were chasing thief not knowing there was a car waiting for the thief , immediately he got the near the car waiting for him he turn back and walked facing the guys chasin him shooting straight! No be small, Na the guy wey carry first for the chasing collect m pass all, one of them scrotum got hit!

Some thieves dey desperate them fit shook one of your eyes just cos of they want to rob Nokia torchlight from you!

If you think I dey lie ask Boogyman557

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by trueking: 5:26am On May 21, 2022
You should also use this opportunity to thank God for his provisions for you. Hunger can make you do the unimaginable, we should pray never to get to that point, especially as students.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by biggy00000(m): 5:47am On May 21, 2022
Did it also cross your mind to "protect" the owner of the kiosk?
Cost implication-

Repair of damaged kiosk/lock

Replacement of stolen items( if business was funded with loan- begining of the end)

Emotional trauma.

False accusation/resentment of the wrong person.

You could have made a sound to deter the thief without exposing yourself.

168 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by solexyy: 6:26am On May 21, 2022
NOT UR FAULT. U WERE SIMPly CONFUSED BY HIS ACTS.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by HarunaWest(m): 6:43am On May 21, 2022
biggy00000:
Did it also cross your mind to "protect" the owner of the kiosk?
Cost implication-

Repair of damaged kiosk/lock

Replacement of stolen items( if business was funded with loan- begining of the end)

Emotional trauma.

False accusation/resentment of the wrong person.

You could have made a sound to deter the thief without exposing yourself.

Leave the OP. He is an Evil person. If it was his shop that was burgled like that, would he come here to type kind words? Nigerians are the problem of Nigerians. Because of their corrupt nature, they overlook crime cos the have tendency to commit same..Shiooor.

120 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by ceede2: 7:15am On May 21, 2022
You are a student too, according to your write up.

1. You can diff btw crime section n romance section.
2. You fighting with your spirit for not raising alarm.
If the shop owner rain curse, your share dey there too, don't you think since the dude didn't get caught, he will definitely come back.
If you look am well, waiting make una stay awake till that time. You watch live action movie for no reason.

What do I know.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by JoyousFurnitire(m): 7:20am On May 21, 2022
HarunaWest:
Leave the OP. He is an Evil person. If it was his shop that was burgled like that, would he come here to type kind words? Nigerians are the problem of Nigerians. Because of their corrupt nature, they overlook crime cos the have tendency to commit same..Shiooor.
undecided

1 Like

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by oceanized25(m): 8:08am On May 21, 2022
A crime Is a crime,if we are to rationalize everything then most murderers will give tangible reasons for their crimes and allowed to walk.
What about the other teaming population of hungry Nigerians,have they all turned to stealing,should they??
There is a high chance that this dude will steal again if he feels he has a reason...he is a criminal,you got scared of the possibility of your call or action causing the death of another I get that,but don't give us the impression that he was stealing because he badly needed to as he was hungry,many Nigerians are hungry!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Nobody: 8:51am On May 21, 2022
Favaman:
I was having a discussion with my hostel mate at the top roof of the building, when we noticed a dude hopping to a hideout.

Initially, we thought he was being chased by some bad bois, then I noticed this dude kept running out from a particular point to the hideout anytime a vehicle or any human figure appears.

The kiosk is along the road, my guy was insisting that he was being chased, giving me a lot of points to ascertain his claim. I was like no if a person is being chased, there is no way the person will keep going to a particular place and later come out and go to the same place he ran from, obviously this dude is a thief!! Trying to steal. The time was between 12:05-12:58.

Few minutes later, this thief came out with some stuff from the kiosk's direction to the same hideout. He dropped it and move back to the kiosk direction. We couldn't see how he was taking this things out because, our view from the roof top to the kiosk is obstructed by some elements of a building and we were abit far from the point where he was doing this.

We were watching until something happened, this dude came back to the hideout, eating some stuff and he was having something with him like a bread or something. He sat down and he was eating from his loot.

As he was doing so, it was as if his luck was about to run out, a patrol of two vigilantees, came around and was flashing their torches around the place.

There were two things that would've happened.

1. If they(vigilantes) enter the street where the hideout of the dude is, they would've caught him.
2. If he(thief) had seen them, he would've ran and be shot dead.

On the other side, me and my guy was watching and we were contemplating if we should raise an alarm, we reasoned it. If we do now, the dude will try to run, thereby he will be shot, these vigilantees are absolutely merciless.

Beside dude was like he had not eating for days, as he was stealing, he was eating. I had a pity on him. I am very sure he is a student.

These vigilantees instincts was actually telling them something but they were too lazy or should I say they don't really care to go and check out the street opposite them, they were just flashing the torchlights all over the place but was reluctant to check out the place. They left and kept moving forward to the next junction. Leaving the thief to complete his mission.

After few minutes on the dinner, he got up and pack the other loots in a bag and took off.
All this happened within 1hr(12:05-58)

I was like "did I just do this"? How did I allow a thief to go scot free.?

Sorry to disappoint you guys, I can stand someone being killed because I raised and alarm over stealing.. Many things might have been for the thief though, maybe he has not eaten for days, I don't know but I pray one day he will be caught.. If he still repeat it again in my presence, I won't hesitate to call the vigilantes on him.

I feel sorry for the shop owner.. Tomorrow I believe someone is going to wail and curse the thief..

I am looking out to watch is gonna happen tomorrow morning.

And you couldn't snap a picture, pictures or we don't believe you. Make you carry your imagination comot here

3 Likes

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Favaman(m): 9:14am On May 21, 2022
Modified:

Those of you down there criticizing, cursing and laying all manners of karma on me, let me let you know that people have watched me being cheated, everyone mind their business and at the end I lost and my boss got away with it.

People that I thought would intervened for me and help me talk to the man all kept mute and watch everything go just like that..
That scenario played a mark in my life, it taught me that you are alone in this world if you are too good to people.. Everytime I remember the event, I weep.

So calling me wicked and laying karma on me because I let a petty thief live won't move my conscience because even when I was too good to people karma has already been playing on me.

5 Likes

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Favaman(m): 9:19am On May 21, 2022
oceanized25:
A crime Is a crime,if we are to rationalize everything then most murderers will give tangible reasons for their crimes and allowed to walk.
What about the other teaming population of hungry Nigerians,have they all turned to stealing,should they??
There is a high chance that this dude will steal again if he feels he has a reason...he is a criminal,you got scared of the possibility of your call or action causing the death of another I get that,but don't give us the impression that he was stealing because he badly needed to as he was hungry,many Nigerians are hungry!

Bro, initially I wanted to call or scared him away but, you have to see how this guy was doing this, he was stealing and eating!!

Like who does that? I feel he had not eaten for quite sometime.

4 Likes

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Favaman(m): 9:21am On May 21, 2022
ceede2:
You are a student too, according to your write up.

1. You can diff btw crime section n romance section.
2. You fighting with your spirit for not raising alarm.
If the shop owner rain curse, your share dey there too, don't you think since the dude didn't get caught, he will definitely come back.
If you look am well, waiting make una stay awake till that time. You watch live action movie for no reason.

What do I know.

First and foremost, I am not a student!

Me and a guy in the hostel, we outside at the top roof, having a discussing concerning Nigeria politics..
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Generalwoodz(m): 9:23am On May 21, 2022
I think I understand your drift.
Sometimes, the only thing a human have to do is to silently observe and let the whole life drama play out without appearing in the scenes...We live in a crazy world and times are darn crazy...

Personally, I like being a secret observer and sometimes in my vantage point I would predict the results of premeditated actions.

I have watched a nigga get robbed, beaten and seriously dealt with. If I get involved the story would definitely change. It might morph into a gory or graphic tale.

Keep your essence. Do not allow what they say here get to you. For all I know you could have been gunned down in your bid to make sure the right is down. It was midnight and since we're in a crazy country anything could've happened...

Keep observing bro... You're playing your part in a fuccked up world.
The reactors should keep reacting too.

May the forces be with you all.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Favaman(m): 9:29am On May 21, 2022
brosom:
Is not that u re too kind or couldn't raise an alarm knowing what he was doing was wrong, but u couldn't help it than to watch.

That Niggerr ain't no thief, or his time hasn't come, or he's not destined to die like a thief.

Nature played a major role here on u bro, and I know u must've learned something from it.

Anytime nature want to play his part I'm someone's life, we re just a loaf of bread in a puzzle that can't do nothing.

He was very lucky!!!

3 Likes

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Blacklion3: 9:45am On May 21, 2022
superCleanworks:

[s]
I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT bla bla bla.... So you are now an expert on criminal luck and fortune.? You just sit and hold your phone and all of a sudden you have become the merlin of crime? What else do you know? Please educate us.

Please & Please... WHAT THE HELL has dejavu got to do with any of this your nauseating explanations and excuses? Or you just want to sound knowledgeable to cover your bullshit?
[/s]
I came from the hood, I am still in the hood, the darkest part so I know better and won't argue with you.
You are still a baby.

3 Likes

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Nobody: 9:54am On May 21, 2022
One day you might end up regretting your inaction, criminals are very fond of repeating their actions when they are successful and the intensity always gets higher.

12 Likes

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Orgasmgiver123(m): 9:58am On May 21, 2022
One of the reason why i kick people with my rain boot

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here

3 Likes

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by superCleanworks(m): 10:06am On May 21, 2022
Blacklion3:
[/s]
I came from the hood, I am still in the hood, the darkest part so I know better and won't argue with you.
You are still a baby.

You come from the hood and so? and this is justification for what exactly?
Answer me... are you now a professional in crime fortune matters? educate us you dey talk plenty. you just dey talk up and down like bad network.
carry your hood shift. you don see us wey dem born for Buckingham palace naw.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by Randy100: 10:10am On May 21, 2022
Don't want to judge you, but you failed to protect the shop owner. If you are Christian, you will answer for this on the last day. If you had called him out and he was killed, you will still answer for it. My prayer to God is that, I hear no evil, see no evil and talk no evil.

7 Likes

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by IsellSmartTvs: 10:31am On May 21, 2022
No one basically does anytin abt crime this days anymore.
They’d prefer to watch or take pictures,rather than raise alarm abt a crime undecided

1 Like

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by MangekyoAlt: 10:40am On May 21, 2022
I don't really know how to react to this. If I was in your position, I don't know I would react, probably the same way you did?

While raising alarm in the situation is the "moral" thing to do, like you said, the vigilantes are heartless people so there's no guarantee that they wouldnt gun down the guy. No matter what, the thief does not deserve death, and I personally wouldn't feel okay knowing fully well that I had a hand in his death

For the disadvantage, if the guy wasn't just some random hungry fellow who had no choice but to steal to eat for that one time, he would end up returning since his previous operation was a huge success all thanks to you.
Also, the owner of the kiosk, the wouldn't feel good. This also can be attributed to your softness

At the end of the day, a nigger would end up having to make a tough decision in such situation. I don't blame you

8 Likes

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by onoms4luv(m): 10:47am On May 21, 2022
Chau
Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by kenbee(f): 10:47am On May 21, 2022
The poster just ended up showing the entire world how indecisive he can be. Lazy mindset!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by iCauseTrouble: 10:48am On May 21, 2022
I am sure you are a Yoruba guy. Na yoruba dey fear like this

4 Likes

Re: I Watched A Thief Vandalised A Kiosk And I Couldn't Do Anything! by BigDawsNet: 10:48am On May 21, 2022
Why can't you dial 911 lipsrsealed

It will take just 2min for police to arrive nah

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of Mechanic Who Butchered His Wife And Set Himself On Fire In Abia. / Lady Accused Of Stealing Handbag At A Chapel. Photo / Kidnapper Nabbed After Throwing Student Off A Bridge(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.