Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP (15236 Views)

Woman Killed As Police Enforce Okada Ban In Lagos / Bebex Vs James Omolara: Lagos CP Orders Case Charged To Court, Removes DPO. / Lagos CP: Baba Ijesha Is In Our Custody, But His Crime Is A Bailable Offence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by NotoriousBiggyS: 6:35am On May 21, 2022
Including Benin Republic and togo, the rate of this guys in lagos is something else
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by Dozie32(m): 6:40am On May 21, 2022
A good answer , cuz the people that killed Deborah were all foreigners .
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by kingthreat(m): 6:40am On May 21, 2022
Nauttyprof:

When did you carry out your statistics? Can you share this with us? As far as I concern before you see any Igbo or Yoruba bike man, you would have seen a lot of Fulani with many of them from Niger.

I don't know where you got your majority from.

Many are from Nigeria. Northern states precisely. When at home then, was talking to one who claimed to be a former Civilian JTF in Borno. Had to give him an extra 500 naira.
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by Nobody: 6:41am On May 21, 2022
irunoko:
Hmnnn

Okadas are a real menace.yesterday the Road was clean and sane.crossing the road was easier because there were no bikes that drive recklessly and come out of no where, Knock you down and insult you on top.i was just looking around and the whole road was peaceful and I was like so Lagos can enjoy a day of sanity? The nuisance factor of Okada is too much.their negativity is more than their positive sideS plus They lack decency and courtesy to apologize when they are wrong or corrected by the police or other road users.however I feel banning is not the solution.strict regulation is the solution.they should register in each state and be given a number in that state and local government and they must not move beyond that jurisdiction.that way their chaos will be curtailed.

Just Go to igbobi and see how many legs are broken by Okada riders.still they don't hear word
Lagos State created a special registry for this. They were temporarily banned to register, and they reluctant did it about 3 years ago. But the number that has moved in again has outnumbered the ones registered. Their leaders have been approached again, but they refused to comply.

Everyone living in Lagos supports this. Banning them is a good step toward having a peaceful city.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by autodevice(m): 6:48am On May 21, 2022
How will you fish out the so called foreigners?
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by investigator007: 6:52am On May 21, 2022
Okayy, but are they saying the local bike men are total saints?
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by Abimbola29(m): 6:54am On May 21, 2022
Authoreety:
It's Those foreigners from Niger and Benin Republic that carry out most criminal activities and criminal informations!
Benin republic? Are you kidding me? What Happened to chard rep?
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by loswhite(m): 6:59am On May 21, 2022
Angel55555:
Majority are Nigerians, drop that foreigners bs. They need to be properly educated and oriented, you can't just decide to kill your fellow human because you feel like doing so and shame on the bar management for kicking those guys out
Who will Educate them? If government release funds for their Education...lol you will call them corrupt. The greatest problem of this country is the citizens
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by loswhite(m): 7:01am On May 21, 2022
irunoko:
Hmnnn

Okadas are a real menace.yesterday the Road was clean and sane.crossing the road was easier because there were no bikes that drive recklessly and come out of no where, Knock you down and insult you on top.i was just looking around and the whole road was peaceful and I was like so Lagos can enjoy a day of sanity? The nuisance factor of Okada is too much.their negativity is more than their positive sideS plus They lack decency and courtesy to apologize when they are wrong or corrected by the police or other road users.however I feel banning is not the solution.strict regulation is the solution.they should register in each state and be given a number in that state and local government and they must not move beyond that jurisdiction.that way their chaos will be curtailed.

Just Go to igbobi and see how many legs are broken by Okada riders.still they don't hear word
All the government to work. You guys just come online to be making multiple suggestions. They should ban them.
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by tenpipsperday: 7:08am On May 21, 2022
Let's blame it on ipob
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by backnbeta(f): 7:16am On May 21, 2022
They are mostly Abokeys from the Northern Nigeria, not foreigners, call a spade a spade and stop the pretence! Just get rid of them and let peace reign in Lagos
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by nedekid: 7:17am On May 21, 2022
Angel55555:
Majority are Nigerians, drop that foreigners bs. They need to be properly educated and oriented, you can't just decide to kill your fellow human because you feel like doing so and shame on the bar management for kicking those guys out
Do they want to be educated? Jonathan built tens of almajeri schools, over 140. Spent billions, they said he insulted them and their almajeri Islamic educational system in the north and that those almajeri will show him their power by removing him. True true they removed hil with the kano votes.
Immediately Sai baba came in, all the schools were abandoned.
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by saintrow1: 7:47am On May 21, 2022
Those foreigners are northerners.
Good move by lagos state
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by Nobody: 7:48am On May 21, 2022
Election is here, they don't want to hurt their masters...
Typical of the dirty linen tribe.
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by moneyissweet(m): 8:05am On May 21, 2022
I know what you have in mind

That is why your life is like the picture below here.

Dumbass

simple250:
Good one ...

Next in line those children running after moving vehicles on lekki Ajah express way needs to be sent back to where they came from with their greedy parents .

Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by irunoko(m): 8:10am On May 21, 2022
loswhite:
All the government to work. You guys just come online to be making multiple suggestions. They should ban them.
when there's a problem you don't throw away the baby with the bath water.ori bibe kologun orififo
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by simple250: 8:12am On May 21, 2022
moneyissweet:
I know what you have in mind

That is why your life is like the picture below here.

Dumbass

Are they your off springs ....

Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by irunoko(m): 8:14am On May 21, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Lagos State created a special registry for this. They were temporarily banned to register, and they reluctant did it about 3 years ago. But the number that has moved in again has outnumbered the ones registered. Their leaders have been approached again, but they refused to comply.

Everyone living in Lagos supports this. Banning them is a good step toward having a peaceful city.
Lagos state needs discipline and consistency if not we won't be talking about this.every problem has a workable solution Afterall oyinbos too have megacities and they have an organised and systemic mode of transportation convenient to all and sundry.ambode wanted to do this and the politicians incited the okadas and agberos against him and frustrated his efforts.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by Ijaya123: 8:15am On May 21, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Massive cash out by the police. Here in Abuja, it is 20k to have your bike back

And when you have the bike back, you still take it to the road to be siezed again?

iCauseTrouble:
You no dey look face? I be like Okada man for your eye?

Never took you for one. Just asking where is the sense in paying such fine and taking it back to the road for it to be seized again?
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by irunoko(m): 8:16am On May 21, 2022
Ifakiland:

Stop lying, nothing was burnt in barracks....stop spreading fake news, I won't warn you again
little attention seeker.comom getat

Fulani aboki rider tongue
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by loswhite(m): 8:21am On May 21, 2022
irunoko:
when there's a problem you don't throw away the baby with the bath water.ori bibe kologun orififo
This particular problem we have to throw away the baby with the bath water. Do you want them to kill your family member first?
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by Naimmaim: 8:22am On May 21, 2022
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by lollybee15(m): 8:23am On May 21, 2022
Authoreety:
It's Those foreigners from Niger and Benin Republic that carry out most criminal activities and criminal informations!
You may be correct but Hausas from the North are the main culprits. They run down to the South on the account of running away from insulgency, to come and be perpetrating evil in the South.
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by ajl: 8:37am On May 21, 2022
Authoreety:

Which Benin Republic? That's less likely. It's those crossing the borders in the north with the thinking that it's their kinsmen that's in charge of the country. It's like part of their plan is to overwhelm and overrun Lagos, and other parts of the southwest. If you resist them, the government go on a killing spree like it's done in the southeast.

Most of burning and violence in Lagos during EndSars protest was carried out by them.
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by ajl: 8:46am On May 21, 2022
irunoko:
shebi the barracks own was a sample where one police man killed an aboki Muslim and all hell was let loose.they started burning shops around that area and plunging traders into poverty.infact they are a massive security threat and they don't know how to live peacefully with others.those aboki riders also move around with dangerous weapons robbing people coming back from work especially at night.

They are a danger to the community. I once visited one of our property in Surulere area couple of years ago. And there were this set of Abokis who were Okada riders that converged on a section of the street, causing all sorts of nuisance and creating a lot of mess in front of the property. I had to look away because I know that if one challenge them to clean up the mess, it may turn to a lynching episode because I was well aware of their activities in different parts of the country.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by Nobody: 8:50am On May 21, 2022
kingthreat:

Many are from Nigeria. Northern states precisely. When at home then, was talking to one who claimed to be a former Civilian JTF in Borno. Had to give him an extra 500 naira.

"An extra 500" because he will be your potential in-law some day or what?
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by King44(m): 9:04am On May 21, 2022
Mirabella01:
Good...

The Commissioner should also look into the proliferation of some certain "unrepentant tribes" into Lagos. Soon, they'll over run the peaceful state if strict measures are not put in place.
you mean Fulanis?
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by irunoko(m): 9:06am On May 21, 2022
ajl:

They are a danger to the community. I once visited one of our property in Surulere area couple of years ago. And there were this set of Abokis who were Okada riders that converged on a section of the street, causing all sorts of nuisance and creating a lot of mess in front of the property. I had to look away because I know that if one challenge them to clean up the mess, it may turn to a lynching episode because I was well aware of their activities in different parts of the country.
those guys cannot reason like human beings o.they easily get provoked and killing is nothing to them.i also notice that they find it difficult and uncomfortable to live in a clean environment.it must be dirty and stinking.eating in front of gutter, cooking around dumpsites and the one that shook me was one that was using dirty water that has settled on the ground for weeks were maggots and all sorts of algae are living inside and he used that water to clean the mangoea he was selling.i was waiting for bus in the bustop that day when I saw him using dirty water on the road caused by rain to clean the mangoes.nobody even noticed or cared Because you know how busy and chaotic lagos is.i was dazed and froze.now imagine how poor their hygiene will be when selling Moi Moi or suya.

Meanwhile the funny part of it is that when they're going to mosque they clean their hands,feet and face but they don't practice that same hygiene and meticulousness with the food they eat.sometimes I wonder is their sense of smell damaged that they don't smell how disgusting their environment is. Some Will even look on heaps of dustbin while you see another aboki cooking or eating not to far from where someone is pooing lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by King44(m): 9:07am On May 21, 2022
irunoko:
Hmnnn

Oga, banning is the way. Tell me when, they won't blatantly violate the rules when a weak government comes to power or when there is any sign of weakness. As you can see, even the previous bans could not stop them
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by pongwa(m): 9:10am On May 21, 2022
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by irunoko(m): 9:11am On May 21, 2022
King44:
Oga, banning is the way. Tell me when, they won't blatantly violate the rules when a weak government comes to power or when there is any sign of weakness. As you can see, even the previous bans could not stop them
ori bibe kologun orififo
Re: Okada Ban: We Are After Foreigners Operating Okada In Lagos — Lagos CP by King44(m): 9:20am On May 21, 2022
irunoko:
ori bibe kologun orififo
lee mii, ori bibe loogun ori fifo o. Oro awon omo Fulani yii til fo fensi, ewure alaigbonron ni won pata po.

Won o bikita nipa emi eeyan

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano University Apprehends 17 Male Students For Harassing Female Colleague / Brazil Returnee Feigns Sickness To Evade Arrest, Excretes 60 Wraps Of Cocaine / French Mother Arranged For Her Daughter To Be Molested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.