Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today - Events (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today (44188 Views)

Congolese Man Marries Triplet Sisters Same Day In Colourful Wedding Ceremony / "Please Attend My Burial"- Dead Man Begs People To Come For His Burial In Poster / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by bizhop01: 11:33pm On May 21, 2022
I attend the wedding it's well successful, but your absence did not make any different, I pray God should bless the marriage with understanding to sustain their union.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Jamesayo: 12:02am On May 22, 2022
This world is indeed cruel. Harboring hatred and little by little wickedness will start. The OP is at fault here big time. You really lack genuine love and you absolutely need help. You are toxic on the inside, and it won't help your generation.

The mode of invite makes no absolute sense. It's not about the generation, it's about you because you are the generation. People should run away from you, you will reciprocate worse if one does not return a "favor" you may have done for one. Chai! I can't entertain you around me.

Be good to yourself and your family. Whether you are there or not, the home will stay forever. You are wholly replaceable and you need to work on yourself.

GOD BLESS THE NEW HOME, AMEN!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Reflect7: 12:23am On May 22, 2022
9182736455O1999:
People will just be looking for problem when there is none. sad

Honestly. This one chop beleful. Imagine how many Nigerians out there not opportuned to be invited to a fancy wedding where they can eat and drink to their hearts' content.

Would they be concerned if they were sent an invite by Whatsapp?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by DrDunamis(m): 12:59am On May 22, 2022
Born2winnx:
The wedding is holding today and have made up my mind not to attend because the dude invited me through WhatsApp. It annoys me how children of this days has no regards or character for their elders. they are changing everything all in the name modernization.

How can someone, I know the exact date he was born be inviting me through WhatsApp, no respect at all, sending the scanned card copy there.. what happened to the hardware copy he printed? I had to tell him, he laughed it off saying bros nor vex the 500 copies he printed was not enough to share self. I didn't want to press the issue farther my mind is already made up.
He won't see me there today.

When I did mine, I knew how far distance I trekked to invite his elder brothers face to face, bought several drinks.

I just hope he invited his in-laws through WhatsApp too

Why do we keep seeing pettiness on this platform?
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Reni1: 1:00am On May 22, 2022
Born2winnx:
The wedding is holding today and have made up my mind not to attend because the dude invited me through WhatsApp. It annoys me how children of this days has no regards or character for their elders. they are changing everything all in the name modernization.

How can someone, I know the exact date he was born be inviting me through WhatsApp, no respect at all, sending the scanned card copy there.. what happened to the hardware copy he printed? I had to tell him, he laughed it off saying bros nor vex the 500 copies he printed was not enough to share self. I didn't want to press the issue farther my mind is already made up.

When I did mine, I knew how far distance I trekked to invite his elder brothers face to face, bought several drinks.

I think this is a superiority complex, a cousin to innferior complex, at play.

The reality is that our society has changed significantly and you may be stuck
In the past alone. For example, in the early 2000s, it will take forever for a 2MB file to download so it made sense to print and distribute physically, but in our time, 20MB file can be downloaded under 10 mins.

They most important piece is the information and not how its delivered especially if you love your brother. You holding this position is similiar to the one we had in boarding house where we say our Juniors must be bullied because we were bullied. Because you auffer no mean say your brother must suffer.

On a final note, if you go o, if you no go o, the wedding will take place and their live will not come to an end and you may miss an opportunity to share a moment or an experience woth you family.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by 1879nine: 1:16am On May 22, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
NONSENSICAL.

So far you're invited, you're just being wicked.

Must he travel down to your place?
How many invites will he have to travel down to their place to invite? This is 21st century, do away with that mentality.

[/s]
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Fragility6: 1:38am On May 22, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
People be making moutain out of a gadamnnn mohill

Infact make I even add salt to your injury

He be like say he nor want invite you...na mistake you take receive the invitation message for WhatsApp unto say your number dey saved on he WhatsApp contact and during the process of sending the invitation to all he WhatsApp contact once na im you receive am

Yahoo don alter your thought process. To think well na problem to you. See the rubbish you settle down drop
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Jhayeahsam01(m): 1:43am On May 22, 2022
Na u no-go chop party jollof rice .. wetin concern me with person mata

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Asour: 2:48am On May 22, 2022
The wedding still held right?

So one can assume you weren't as important as you'd like to think.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:53am On May 22, 2022
Born2winnx:

No I don't plan on eating the hard copy, but seeing me face to face is not a bad thing. When I did my marriage, I had to travel to his own elder brother that's older than I.
For all your bragado about respect, you are very childish and closeminded. In 2022, someone should leave all the things they are doing to start physically coming to pay you homage so they drop a piece of paper for you to attend their wedding. A family member o.

And what by the way, have you been doing/done for him since the day he was born (since you clearly stated that you remember the exact date)? What major impact have you made to his life except be that of an older cousin?

Those that love and respect him would grace the occasion to felicitate with him and his.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by zedman1(m): 6:29am On May 22, 2022
If you go through most of the OP's replies, you'll know he's a very troublesome person. Why do people let every single thing bother them?
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by zedman1(m): 6:29am On May 22, 2022
If you go through most of the OP's replies, you'll realize he's a very troublesome person. Why do people let every single little thing bother them? He just make me remember the plenty wahala I face during my wedding that year over very little things. You be like one of my uncles... Very annoying somebody.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by cheleku(m): 6:58am On May 22, 2022
I wish your cousin sees this post. That way he'd be able to identify one of his enemies. You're an extremely envious and bitter old man.
Born2winnx:

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by jaszplus12(m): 7:07am On May 22, 2022
Born2winnx:

Haha.... I laugh small!
My case was that my own mother discouraged my younger bro and elder bro from attending my wedding and she herself had to be threatened to make her attend.... Few years later I'm the FATHER IN-LAW to the wife of the same younger bro of mine who didn't attend!!
Bro... Take life easy...
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by FILEBE(m): 7:12am On May 22, 2022
Born2winnx:

No I don't plan on eating the hard copy, but seeing me face to face is not a bad thing. When I did my marriage, I had to travel to his own elder brother that's older than I.

I wish I could agree with you but I don't. I do understand that as an elderly person, you want some certain level of respect . But this stuff is inconsequential, it isn't something to be " too angry" about. Some people advising you here will be angry for reasons less than this . My point is everybody has his own for body .

But, in this life ehn, I advise we let things go and not take it too hard. We aren't getting out alive. We will all die one day and these things won't matter a bit. If you were in his shoes too at this moment, you will do the same . He printed 50 copies, he sent all out and probably forgot or skipped yours knowing that you are someone he could relate easily with. Hence, the e invite. Frankly, e no mean. I don't see any issue with it.
Let's just enjoy life and overlook some things. At this stage of my life, that's what I am doing. It gives me peace of mind as I hold no grudge against anyone for any reason.

Just rethink and see if it is actually worth the anger
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by lagosrd: 7:20am On May 22, 2022
Born2winnx:

Stop disturbing yourself. They think they know until they get into trouble one day and they and their mother will know your telephone number. I focus on my life and avoid issues in life. In fact I don't use touch to search foe any family, I maintain my lane.

Maintain your lane and respect yourself and dignity. Don't let any hopeless mother and untrained child drag you in the mud. Time will tell .... Meanwhile If I don't want to see you near me, I won't be any hypocritical to send you even any message

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Ododoeye0020(m): 7:28am On May 22, 2022
Your absence wouldn't be notice
Bad Belle People
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Ferdinandu(m): 8:04am On May 22, 2022
Born2winnx:

Oga that wedding will hold successfully with or without you. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill . I don't even know why people still print hard copy IV at this age. Times have changed invitation is invitation except you are telling me you are the one sponsoring the wedding
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Samykis(m): 8:27am On May 22, 2022
You can equally remarry and not invite him
Simple
Stop disturbing
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Daneguakhi(m): 8:27am On May 22, 2022
Rest, in Jesus Name
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Plugsk(m): 8:40am On May 22, 2022
Nowadays, adults act like toddlers due to social media. Must everything be brought online
Born2winnx:

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by olabrinks(f): 9:51am On May 22, 2022
Sorry sir but you need to grow up.
Born2winnx:

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Lima98(f): 10:24am On May 22, 2022
akinade28:
Na Wa o. So you expect him to stress himself unnecessarily just to massage your ego when there are easier methods. The only difference between paper invite and WhatsApp invite is the sheet of paper which you will discard immediately after the wedding. Has the WhatsApp invite reduced you? Will the hardcopy invite add any value to your life?
This is why I avoid petty people as much as possible, they love creating trouble when there is none.
��
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by SilvanusII(m): 10:41am On May 22, 2022
I'm thankful the remaining guests got to eat more. Thank you for making this possible
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by zinaunreal(m): 10:51am On May 22, 2022
Mbappe sent Real Madrid president a WhatsApp message telling him why he can't honor real Madrid transfer.... na em this one dey vex for WhatsApp message. My friend go sideways
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by publicenemy(m): 11:43am On May 22, 2022
Born2winnx:

Nairaland is filled with teenagers who know nothing about respect and courtesy... So ignore the comments here. You did the right thing. He disrespected you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Spiff20(m): 11:58am On May 22, 2022
rickpat:
have you been playing the role of an elder brother in his life?

have you been giving him the love, respect and support that you seek from him to him?

have you been leading my example?

THAT THING YOU WANT FROM PEOPLE WHY NOT GIVE IT FIRST?

if your answer is yes....then your bro is absolutely wrong and disrespectful

if your answer is NO....then you got issues...lead by example oga.. whether you go or not wedding must hold.... the priest won't even ask after you before joining the couple....and your bro will now completely disassociate himself from you....good luck
It would have been better if the disrespectful lad didn't invite his older cousin than to do so on whatsapp. Stop promoting aberrations with all these logical righteous entitlement talks.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Spiff20(m): 12:02pm On May 22, 2022
FILEBE:

I wish I could agree with you but I don't. I do understand that as an elderly person, you want some certain level of respect . But this stuff is inconsequential, it isn't something to be " too angry" about. Some people advising you here will be angry for reasons less than this . My point is everybody has his own for body .

But, in this life ehn, I advise we let things go and not take it too hard. We aren't getting out alive. We will all die one day and these things won't matter a bit. If you were in his shoes too at this moment, you will do the same . He printed 50 copies, he sent all out and probably forgot or skipped yours knowing that you are someone he could relate easily with. Hence, the e invite. Frankly, e no mean. I don't see any issue with it.
Let's just enjoy life and overlook some things. At this stage of my life, that's what I am doing. It gives me peace of mind as I hold no grudge against anyone for any reason.

Just rethink and see if it is actually worth the anger
Overlooking things like these kept Nigeria in rot . I hope you're happy.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Spiff20(m): 12:10pm On May 22, 2022
Most children don't have respect for elders it's always good to teach them a lesson. It would have been better if he didn't invite at all. If the card has finished he should have gone with a wine and explain that the card has finished. But respect is respect, there's no cutting corners. All of you bashing op that he's childish, have bad mind or whatever, you're the reasons why these kids continue to disrespect and very soon, y'all will be getting served, and make sure you don't complain. What if there's no whatsapp? Or social media. Should we disregard our ethics and traditions because of social media? Op you did well by not attending that wedding. The least he should have done is to call on phone and explain himself.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by FILEBE(m): 12:23pm On May 22, 2022
Spiff20:
Overlooking things like these kept Nigeria in rot . I hope you're happy.

Things like sending n e invite of a wedding to you? The point is that he was invited . He even explained to him that the iv has finished and how may copies they printed . Even if he gave him the hard copy, another person will be angry that he didn't get the hard copy. You can't please everyone . We should learn to let little things slide . The OP said he even called him, after the explanation, what else again?
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by BigDick70inch(m): 1:15pm On May 22, 2022
wumi2017:

So you still dey this naija

Beeni Oooo maaami....
Since u lock me sef don lock nah cheesy
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Muna400(f): 3:39pm On May 22, 2022
[quote author=ibinaboonline post=113048715]In that case, the cousin is not wise.[how is he not wise??the world runs on wat u will benefit from pple.. If u feel dere is nufin u will Benefit from someone, u tend not to invest urself in a Relationship with dat person.. So de guy just decided not to waste tym and money inviting de guy specially ]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tuface, Davido, Kcee, Among Other 500 Celebrities Storm Anambra For Oba Carnival / 13 Pictures That Best Describe Nigerian Weddings / Zimbabwean Woman Marries Days After Her Arm Was Bitten Off By Crocodile (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.