Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,917 members, 7,799,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

2023 Election Will Make Or Mar Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Election Will Make Or Mar Nigeria. (150 Views)

SC Decision On Forgery Could Make Or Mar Nigeria Stability And Global Respect / 2023 Polls Won’t Mar Nigeria - Sultan, CAN, SGF / 2019: Big Players In Make-or-mar Battles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Election Will Make Or Mar Nigeria. by nashito(m): 10:05am On May 21, 2022
Hi Nairalnders,

I’ve been a member of this great forum since 2008, mostly as a guest but there’s no day that passes by that I don’t at least visit Nairaland & almost everyone who have been close to me at some point, I’ve equally introduced to this forum, I guess I’m addicted to Nairaland. These also means from time to time I follow up on almost all threads that make it to front page. Haven’t said all that, the reason for this article, which is mainly about the upcoming general election is my reason for writing.

In 2015, Nairalanders divided into two, with some supporting the ousting of power of GEJ government and replacing with GMB, which till present we’re still under. However, my point is, the political cum tribal divide of this Nation is unbelievable, and unreasonably so, I do expect people from different geographical, cultural and political backgrounds to agree but to a certain extent, correct me if I’m wrong, I expect matters concerning Nigeria to always come first, but it is obvious this would never happen!

After all the sufferings Nigerians have been under this government, I still see that political divide in every post here on Nairaland. Almost all of you don’t want an Igbo man to be president, yet you all feign ignorance when the National Character is not properly implemented or should we talk about the Aburi accord? I don’t think we’re ready for that at this time. Among all the 3 Major ethnic groups in Nigeria, would you still be happy if you’ve been marginalised just like the Igbos? I guess we all know the answer.

The next election is here again and here we are again, dragging, fighting, instead of doing the right things by voting the right candidates that would move Nigeria forward. Why are we so emotional and sentimental in Nigeria, why does your brother who you know cannot take Nigeria to the Next level have to be the Next President? Why can’t we vote individuals rather than parties or tribes? Look at where we’re stuck in 2022. Let’s use America as a case study, do we hear people from Massachusetts saying the president must come from their city? Or that of Boston people et al, they go all out to vote someone with a track record of Integrity, transparency, accountability and all other European Nations and Saner Climes follow this pattern. Why do we need to hang everything around sentiments, and emotions? Are we not tired of not enjoying the benefits of good governance? Aren’t we tired of the been unemployed, Underpaid, unsecured etc? Why are we falling for the antics of few people who keep playing games with us every now & then with peanuts?

I leave you all with just one question, if we don’t get it right in this 2023 that, Nations are talking of building hotels in space & Nations are going miles, when then? Are we not tired??

In summary, if we don’t drop ethnic & religious sentiments aside and vote the right people come 2023, we should all embrace up for more sufferings & backwardness.
Re: 2023 Election Will Make Or Mar Nigeria. by 9182736455O1999(m): 10:20am On May 21, 2022
The thing is that, with this current situation of the country. It is clear that Nigeria will be divided in years to come.
i think that will be better, because tribalists are becoming more in number, breeding hate among each other because of power.

make everybody just peacefully go their own way make everybody rest.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Will Make Or Mar Nigeria. by Sergio104(m): 10:34am On May 21, 2022
Pure truth

(1) (Reply)

Prince Igho Sadjere, Picked Up His Expression Of Interest And Nomination Form / Enugu 2023: Sane, Godly Person Will Succeed Gov. Ugwuanyi – Fr. Mbaka / BREAKING: Peter Obi Dumps PDP, Pulls Out Of Party’s Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.