Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,838 members, 7,806,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? (27665 Views)

Airline Dashboard: Data Visualization With Microsoft Excel / Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project / I Want To Learn Data Visualization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by BlessedJonMoss: 7:43am On May 23, 2022
All nice

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by phemmyfour: 7:44am On May 23, 2022
Ugaboy:
Hi Nairalander and Data Science ethusiaste, remember my startup during February I guess on Tableau

https://www.nairaland.com/6973820/please-rate-first-data-visualization

Well, there have been lot of advance visualization i've done so far, I've completed some machine learning milestone project with 18 viz dashboard completed

here is a viz challenge i picked from LinkedIn this month

Tools:
1. Excel (Data cleaning)
2. Figma (Bin or Conatiner Design)
3. Tableau Public (Visualization)

Pls Which of the 3 can i submit

Some of us are football lovers, so I analysed one...added to show us...how i've gone.
None, work on your spellings
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by directonpc(m): 7:46am On May 23, 2022
All can be better.

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Funflipper: 7:46am On May 23, 2022
No 1 all day.
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by peacettw: 7:47am On May 23, 2022
Something about the colours in all three. It makes reading the font text pretty difficult.

For me, none will suffice. Besides the colors, the information appears crowded and overwhelms the senses.

Read up more on colors... HEX, RGB, hue, saturation etc.

Best of luck

4 Likes

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Nobody: 7:47am On May 23, 2022
Data viz. is not about aesthetics, but to make important info visible and easy to take note of.
Intact the simpler the better, decision makers and stakeholders don't have time to waste and have not come to watch the beauty of presentation . they are interested only in the insight thereof.

9 Likes

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by dustydee: 7:48am On May 23, 2022
Ugaboy:
Hi Nairalander and Data Science ethusiaste, remember my startup during February I guess on Tableau

Well, there have been lot of advance visualization i've done so far, I've completed some machine learning milestone project with 18 viz dashboard completed

Tools:
1. Excel (Data cleaning)

Some of us are football lovers, so I analysed one...added to show us...how i've gone.
Hi, good job you have done here.
I will go for number 1 or 3 but here are my observations:
1. You choice of colours is very important. I will advise you stick to the "ftriendly" colours for the sake of the colour blind people. I am sure you will learn this as you progress.
2. It's nobel not noble - please correct the typo.
You mnetioned machine learning, I am interested in what topics you are learning and which machine learning tools you are using. For a starter, I will advice you first stick to data viz or analytics first before you advance to machine learning.
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by osojsmd: 7:50am On May 23, 2022
The first one
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Administration1: 7:51am On May 23, 2022
MyFlair:
Data viz. is not about aesthetics, but to make important info visible and easy to take note of.
Intact the simpler the better, decision makers and stakeholders don't have time to waste and have not come to watch the beauty of presentation . they are interested only in the insight thereof.

I beg to differ, Data Visualization is 50% aesthetics. If you present any of the above to me after commissioning you for a job, I'll simply add your email address to my block list.

7 Likes

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Unequivocal: 7:54am On May 23, 2022
OP you did a good job with the facts but you need some visual aids. You can send a PM, I'm a product designer

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Dedonrukky: 7:54am On May 23, 2022
Too colorful

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Teejay13(m): 7:55am On May 23, 2022
I really can not figure out any difference among the three report you posted above.

Plus secondly, I feel the colours used are eye catchy which is not too good for visualization of report.

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Ayo081(m): 7:56am On May 23, 2022
Ugaboy:
Ayo081

Congratulations! man I see growth.

1) I like the fact that you can use figma design tool.

2) I should have gone for 2 because of the combination of color but there's something about the pictures attached I don't like.

3) The data in 1 & 2 are well presented but with design, the icons (world, mortarboard hat) at the top should have been smaller, balanced compared to the background where they are seated (I'm talking alignment and spacing. You did well with the sport teams one).

3) The viz. with sport teams is perfect. So I'll go for it. But, just like you you did a separation of information with the jersey, do that with the home performance and highest goal scorers too. I mean everything that is team specific.

4) Correct all spelling errors and make sure your calculations are right (always use excel for maths).

5) You should take a course on color theory. Colors used should be cool and not sharp.
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by UncleAyo: 7:56am On May 23, 2022
You did really great with your dashboard.

I'll suggest you read this book " Story Telling With Data: A Data Visualization Guide For Business Professionals" to do better, because these your dashboards are nothing close to standard, Even if your color usage is of a company's color brand.

You can download the book Here:

https://africa1lib.club/book/2739588/d6a893

https://africa1lib.club/book/5275948/f8a415

I feel white background and shades of blacks and or shades of blues are best for visualizations. Use of Icons is a no no. Red if used, I think should be used sparingly. Pie charts are also a no no.

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by LORDKing001: 7:57am On May 23, 2022
Redpill1:
Wtf man
After 3 different hookups last night I still neva come, right now I don dey look for hookup again
Wtf man lipsrsealed
Location grin
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Adeoye11(m): 7:57am On May 23, 2022
Must the color be so deep and filled with several mixtures??
If not make it look more like a UI/UX sort of color mixture.
My opinion though!
and well done for the concentration and commitment.

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Nobody: 7:58am On May 23, 2022
Anyone who tells you to go for the 4th doesn't want your progress grin

2 Likes

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Acidosis(m): 8:00am On May 23, 2022
3rd definitely
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by EverBlazingy2k(m): 8:01am On May 23, 2022
The third
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Golan007: 8:02am On May 23, 2022
umpire1st:
I don't know,but definitely not the fourth one...looks like something they spayed blood on

That dominant red is hideous.

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Alusiizizi(m): 8:02am On May 23, 2022
Ugaboy:

Tools:
1. Excel (Data cleaning)

It's not "Noble" prize but NOBEL prize, named after Swedish scientist and entrepreneur, Alfred Nobel who invented the dynamite and began the foundation to reward excellence in a large variety of fields.
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by bigtt76(f): 8:02am On May 23, 2022
If you are not presenting to the Queen, I think you should change your background color, its too royal angry All designs are good, but change to a white background color to give it more professional look.

Ugaboy:

Tools:
1. Excel (Data cleaning)

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Kirkman: 8:03am On May 23, 2022
First of all i commend you for the effort that you put in and for taking up that challenge. I will go for the 1st one but you need to work on the colors combination. Someone here who is good in graphics or products design should be able to help you out.

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Nobody: 8:05am On May 23, 2022
The fourth (red)
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by raylandmark: 8:06am On May 23, 2022
Hi
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by IbokPatrick(m): 8:08am On May 23, 2022
Ugaboy:

Tools:
1. Excel (Data cleaning)

The difference between the third and the second is in the heading. Yes,they both possess eye catching heading which is good,but the third is more presentable.

Go for the third

1 Like

Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by anonymuz(m): 8:11am On May 23, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
Malcom might get killed in the middle

Pick your side
you are correct
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by Ilaje1: 8:12am On May 23, 2022
None. Find better colors.
Re: Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? by peacettw: 8:14am On May 23, 2022
Administration1:

I beg to differ, Data Visualization is 50% aesthetics. If you present any of the above to me after commissioning you for a job, I'll simply add your email address to my block list.

People are indeed wired differently. If he had presented that to me, I will never contact him
again.

A professional will never go with those colors. And that is why i have a lot of respect for front end developers who understand the golden rule that simplicity goes a long way.

@op Dont let the critiquing deter you. We are all learning and must start from somewhere. I trust implicitly that you will improve with time.

Well done

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Uni For Bsc. Computer Science In Nigeria / Programming Learning Challenge June. / Kano Lady, Saadat Aliyu Develops Android App For Reporting Rape Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.