Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race (21694 Views)

Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated / A Catholic Priest Celebrates Christ In A Traditional Way In Anambra / Obinna Dike: Catholic Priest And Football Coach (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by Fadafada231(m): 11:28am On May 22, 2022
They should give him chance to rule that state. Benue state have been governed by greedy politicians since it's creation. Bad roads everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by BabaIbo: 11:30am On May 22, 2022
If he has the masses at heart, then the church should allow him to contest.

I understand Catholic Church has laws backing our priests and religious acts, but I am supporting him if he is honest with this.

If he gets the ticket under APC, na straight win o, even the opposition party go lock up for him.
I learnt he is popular and has massive followers or support over there.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:31am On May 22, 2022
Segzy19:
If the man wins by any chance now, the same Catholic church will be the first to claim him as their own....

The Catholics in Benue are massively supporting him. The Church just needed to do the needful which such participation is against the rules of the church.

If APC gives this priest the ticket it is all game over in Benue.

His Biggest war will be if APC godfathers like Akume will agree he wins cos everyone needs a loyalist and I don’t think The Godfather’s will be okay with bim

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by CursedTinubu: 11:34am On May 22, 2022
omenka
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by Vinnie2000(m): 11:36am On May 22, 2022
Why cant RCCG do dis with Osinbajo
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by Concience55: 11:40am On May 22, 2022
Segzy19:
If the man wins by any chance now, the same Catholic church will be the first to claim him as their own....

And what do you think he's being the governor of Benue will add to the Catholic Church?

And mind you am not a Catholic, but the Catholic Church is bigger than any individual.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by Patrickker(m): 11:45am On May 22, 2022
SamuelAnyawu:
If APC gives this man the ticket I’m sorry for whoever PDP presents.

It will be a massive flawless victory in Benue.

In fact PDP won’t bother presenting a candidate. This priest na King that side
You are 100% right. I am from Benue. The man is a movement; he is his own opposition. His popularity and acceptance here is massive.
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by Mindlog: 11:46am On May 22, 2022
SamuelAnyawu:

So he has massive following in Benue state?
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by matm: 11:49am On May 22, 2022
caslem:
Is there any law that prevents catholic priests from running for political positions?

Yes.Canon law. Canon law is the law dt guides catholic clergies only.
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by hardon1(m): 11:49am On May 22, 2022
Abeg make Dem leave the guy... Daniel and Joseph in the bible were into politics and the still served God well

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by endy69: 11:52am On May 22, 2022
RichDad1:
I think it’s his fundamental right ?
He also has fundamental human right to get married but he relinquish that right when he decided to become a Priest. He can become a Politician but he has the leave the church first. You can't mix both

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by uchaymart(m): 11:53am On May 22, 2022
If Moses Adasu did and won, why won't I?

But then again, you would need a first lady to be a complete governor and that is what the church is dissociating from...

After Fr Adasu won, he had no choice than to get married..

Please stay away from political Offices dear Catholic priests to avoid a "second Adasu"
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by CHIATECH: 12:23pm On May 22, 2022
Rev Fr Dr Hyacinth Iormem Alia is the choice of the people. He is voice of the voiceless! His extra concern for the welfare of humanity through spiritual counseling and physical charity projects has earned him alot of battles among his vocational hierarchy but a great admiration by the poor masses. Widows, orphans, REFUGEES and the sick in the entire BENUE valley are united alongside well meaning sons, daughters and relatives of BENUE STATE to redefine democracy. The few public structures we have in BENUE STATE were the achievements of a clergy in the same category who answered the call of the people. The government that lasted for less than a year is the only democratic dispensation BENUE STATE have witnessed.
Religion is another deadly form of politics. Religion has done more harm than good to humanity. One can be tempted to conclude that RELIGION is the WORST human creation as a result of the struggle to have a to control over fellow humans'intelligence. Most RELIGIOUS countries are poorest in the world. AFRICA and MIDDLE EAST are full of war and segregations because of ancestral LITERATURES that are man made for the struggle to OWN GOD. No one can own or become God �
Why should religion keep people captives by brainwashing us? Why should we create problems and wait for the holy spirit to come and SOLVE? Why did you preach tolerance and unity but separate HYPOCRITICALLY from the society that feeds you? Why can't a religious leader intervene in the welfare of the people? RELIGION HAS CREATED DIVISION, SEGREGATION AND VIOLENCE!
For us, good governance with value to humanity through democratic equity and just are above your laws where welfare is only for the ordained! The SHEEP are also IMPORTANT.
WITH DUE RESPECT, WE NEED DR. HYACINTH ALIA...YOU CAN REMOVE THE REV FR...this not the first intra-denominational political fallout with REVOLUTIONIST. Those who have knowledge of religious and denominational politics can attest.
POLITICS SHOULD ALSO ACCEPT THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE FOR THE FIRST TIME. GIVE US DR.ALIA and we will FORGIVE ALL YOUR SINS.
VOICE OF THE PEOPLE IS THE VOICE OF GOD �

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by Dawnofhope: 12:28pm On May 22, 2022
Ever8090:
The guy is fit for the job...we are tired of tested and trusted criminals ruling that state I beg...
just think about it , where will a catholic priest get a sum 50million if he had not stolen from the church ?
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by Ever8090: 12:30pm On May 22, 2022
Dawnofhope:
just think about it , where will a catholic priest get a sum 50million if he had not stolen from the church ?
lol...we know the story, some people in Abuja bought the form for him..
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by eddyline(m): 12:31pm On May 22, 2022
Virgo01:
Fr. Hyacinth Alia is like the messiah Benue People are hoping for. He has the interest of the common man in mind and at least he's not the regular politicians who don't give a hoot about the common man. In fact, Fr. Alia is like a revolution in Benue State.

Talking about his suspension, it is the normal practice of the church. The Bishop had to suspend him because it's his duty to do so and nothing more.

Looking at the wordings of the letter too, it doesn't sound like someone who is angry, calling Fr. Alia my son, your priest and brother.

I mean, why doesn't he just resign and pursue His political career knowing fully well that he'd be going against the code of conduct of the priest?
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by garfield1: 12:34pm On May 22, 2022
SamuelAnyawu:

Another moses adasu

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by Virgo01(m): 12:48pm On May 22, 2022
eddyline:

I mean, why doesn't he just resign and pursue His political career knowing fully well that he'd be going against the code of conduct of the priest?
If you read the letter I posted, the Bishop said he stands suspended till he ceases being disobedient grin... however, if he resigns himself, he won't be able to get back to his proper position as a priest again.

Fr. Adasu too was suspended when he contested in 1992 but the suspension was lifted once the Military took over. Alia's case is no different.
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:53pm On May 22, 2022
Mindlog:

So he has massive following in Benue state?

Haaaaa massive followers hop down to the villages oh. If he gets that APC ticket there will be no Governorship election in Benue grin

APC are kinda confused cos he might not be controlled by party members. But they know he is the 100% victory assurance.

I grew up in Benue tho

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:54pm On May 22, 2022
garfield1:

Another moses adasu

Exactly
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by mekusmanuel(f): 12:54pm On May 22, 2022
Kingpele :
Alaye calm down.
That's where you even see corruption more disguised in religion
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by Mindlog: 1:01pm On May 22, 2022
SamuelAnyawu:

Haaaaa massive followers hop down to the villages oh. If he gets that APC ticket there will be no Governorship election in Benue grin

APC are kinda confused cos he might not be controlled by party members. But they know he is the 100% victory assurance.

I grew up in Benue tho

I guess APC see him more like an independent candidate in their party. cheesy
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by President2001(m): 1:02pm On May 22, 2022
Bishop don't have genuine point he was trying to save is head
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by mastermaestro(m): 1:08pm On May 22, 2022
Dawnofhope:

Shut up, you are just mentally wretched! Do you know the weight of monetary gifts most popular men of GOD receive? Some of you criticize without brain.

May poverty not kill you! To you everything is tithe and offering. To slap you dey hungry me, I swear. You think a priest as popular as he is will struggle to raise 50 million, that’s if he doesn’t have triple of it in his account?

So many of you are irritatingly ignorant about how most rich pastors get their money. I doubt you are even a Christian. Getat jor!

Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by NoGirlfriend: 1:09pm On May 22, 2022
Shanana10:
Campaign Poster
wic party him dey?
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by Nolimitz: 1:11pm On May 22, 2022
Proverbs 29:2
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by MrDoGood(m): 1:17pm On May 22, 2022
Where him see money buy form ?
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by asobo1: 1:17pm On May 22, 2022
APC the failed party is trying everything possible to win the votes of the electorates in Benue and have decided to draft in a Catholic priest.
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by ElijahIme1992(m): 1:25pm On May 22, 2022
Concience55:
Abeg make every man face him calling joor.

Is not as if he will make a difference. He will just get himself tinted.

Not even an Angel can make a difference in Nigeria working with the 1999 constitution .
But you guys are complaining that nothing is working in Nigeria, now a righteous man wants to run una say no... Abi Buhari better pass am?.. David was a king and a prophet so why can't the priest do same?
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by ElijahIme1992(m): 1:28pm On May 22, 2022
Gudhrt08:
Nigeria n religion....more reasons why the church is silent about happenings in recent time.
tell me which country where religion and politics don't mix.. even the great USA from the president to the speaker are practicing Catholics... in turkey , Saudi Arabia, Iran even China they are devoted Buddhist..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will Females Using Attachments, Jewellery And Trouser Go To Hell? / The New Testament Prophets Defined. / Same-sex Couples: Pope Was Misquoted By Enemies Of D Church - Archbishop Kaigama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.