Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race (21677 Views)

Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated / A Catholic Priest Celebrates Christ In A Traditional Way In Anambra / Obinna Dike: Catholic Priest And Football Coach (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by ElijahIme1992(m): 1:31pm On May 22, 2022
WibusJaga:

Well Catholic as an institution has its rules & regulations so who am I to judge.
But, any pastor who abandons his calling to pursue active politics was never called in the 1st place. kiss
dat is a lie brother... David, Saul, Samuel, Solomon, Queen Esther etc all served God and they were still involved in politics...
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by WibusJaga: 1:44pm On May 22, 2022
ElijahIme1992:
dat is a lie brother... David, Saul, Samuel, Solomon, Queen Esther etc all served God and they were still involved in politics...

None of the people you mentioned can be regarded as a Pastor.
Never said Christians can't be involved though.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by Cubalabloo(m): 1:45pm On May 22, 2022
Fr. Alia is the undisputed next Governor of my darling state, Benue.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by garfield1: 1:58pm On May 22, 2022
SamuelAnyawu:

Exactly

Can akume reclaim his senate seat? It seems ssamdaddy has out muscled ihedioha
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by Kingkum: 8:07pm On May 22, 2022
Cubalabloo:
Fr. Alia is the undisputed next Governor of my darling state, Benue.
I don't trust this politicians at all, am beginning to think that both PDP and APC sat secretly and agree to give the priest a smooth ride. Cos as it stands now, he is the only one contesting cos the person PDP are planning to present will not get up to 20% of the votes if it happens that the rev is on the ballot.
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by kabillionaire(m): 9:04pm On May 22, 2022
Segzy19:
If the man wins by any chance now, the same Catholic church will be the first to claim him as their own....

Hahahaha! I tell you.
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by Blastedholligan: 12:01am On May 23, 2022
Why would he do something lie that? Nawa.

The best thing to have ever happened to me is Yellow card. Thanks to the people for making Bitcoin affordable

Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by bilulu(m): 6:08am On May 23, 2022
caslem:
Is there any law that prevents catholic priests from running for political positions?
did you read?
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by 1879imole1: 7:36am On May 23, 2022
[s]
omenka:
It is procedural. Not a big deal.

We all expected the SUSPENSION to have happened even before now, and Alia himself has embraced it. Just the same way the governor asked all appointees vying for political office to tender their resignation, or even as required by law.

Alia is the biggest threat to PDP in the state, and if the APC means business, they had better find another means of placating Gemade and Prof so they don't muddle things up upon losing the ticket.

[/s]
Re: Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race by Shanana10(m): 9:07am On May 23, 2022
NoGirlfriend:
wic party him dey?
APC i guess

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare: A Bastard Can’t Rule The Yoruba / Will Females Using Attachments, Jewellery And Trouser Go To Hell? / Photos From The Burial Of Father Paul Offu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.