Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla (42524 Views)

Innoson Has Started Manufacturing Heavy Duty Trucks From The New Plant (Video) / Why You Should Look Underneath Before Purchasing A Car / Inside Innoson Factory: From Production To Final Quality Check- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by benalvino3: 5:17am On May 23, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/
There is no such thing as Brand New Corolla 2003-08. Car companies move forward in design and technology.

The best Innoson can do is reverse engineering like the Chinese and create a replica. But Nigerians will still tag it a low budget Corolla.

/
A replica is not original. Innoson does not design and build cars, they assemble parts. They are looking for the brand name to use for marketing that's all. They may make the exterior look like corolla but nothing about it will be corolla. Buy at your own dismay
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Slynation(m): 5:48am On May 23, 2022
nurey:
If people find it hard to buy tokunbo corolla would they be able to afford brandnew one at 7m plus?

The real issue is affordability and purchasing power cause those that can afford 7m cars would rather buy something else
Asin ehh, 7m to buy innoson collora, abeg how much is Venza again

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by ddeola: 5:54am On May 23, 2022
Innoson has better cars made specially for Nigerian roads. Please let's encourage them and help the business grow and improve. wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by mema900: 6:19am On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:
There is no doubting the Ninth generation (E120, E130 ) Toyota Corolla is Nigeria's best selling vehicle, it is a car you will find on every street in the country.

It is rugged

It is easy fix

Easy to maintain

Excellent fuel economy

Excellent resale value after decades of use.

Sadly with the introduction of E-valuation (age restrictions) this very reliable vehicle will soon disappear from our lands as foreign used cars.

Currently a used 2006/7 goes for about ₦3.3-3.5m

In a few days prices will reach 3.6-3.7m (new tarrif)

I am just thinking out loud, our very own innoson could buy up patent and production lines for this discontinued vehicles and I am certain there is a ready market to absorb and possibly export to other African countries brand new units of this vehicle.

Just thinking out loud.

Are you opposed to change? You can't remain one place forever.

I once thought like this about Nokia 2626, i planned to buy lots of it and keep incase it goes into extinction...but look where we are today.

Don't worry about Corolla, you won't always remain broke

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Carparts888(m): 6:23am On May 23, 2022
What year and how long have u been using it?
Holysax29:

I use Nissan Almera, the car dey gimme joy.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by SeaTrade(m): 6:24am On May 23, 2022
drmuchin:
Explain how naira devaluation dealt a blow to Francophone countries.

Dumping in those countries from Nigeria due to overly cheap naira,porous borders between us and corrupt personnel on both sides.
Cheap Nigeria goods will be killing their local industries right now cheesy
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by UnimkeAk(m): 6:31am On May 23, 2022
Jerrysmallz:
If you buy push to start make sure you buy faraday key fob protector. Put your key inside at night and put am for your microwave. That way no transmission of radio waves for thieves to steal your car.
Wahala !!
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by gevans(m): 7:00am On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:
There is no doubting the Ninth generation (E120, E130 ) Toyota Corolla is Nigeria's best selling vehicle, it is a car you will find on every street in the country.

It is rugged

It is easy fix

Easy to maintain

Excellent fuel economy

Sadly with the introduction of E-valuation (age restrictions) this very reliable vehicle will soon disappear from our lands as foreign used cars.

I am just thinking out loud, our very own innoson could buy up patent and production lines for this discontinued vehicles and I am certain there is a ready market to absorb and possibly export to other African countries brand new units of this vehicle.

Just thinking out loud.

After what I experience a week ago, I will say nay to this suggestion. Brain box, glass buttons stolen.

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by 6pack: 7:13am On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

It is rugged

It is easy fix

Easy to maintain

Excellent fuel economy

Just thinking out loud.

u fuckers always over hyped rubbish. There is nothing special about the Toyota Corolla

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by 6pack: 7:16am On May 23, 2022
flejnr2:
Na poverty and here say Dey worry us for this life, there are more and more new cars more efficient in economy than Corolla , Kia Rio is 10times even more economical tear rubber you go drive 8years before kazeem go near am and even rugged
I dey tell u. These guys and their poverty mindset is so annoying. There is absolutely nothing special about that Corolla. The car is old outdated and ugly

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by 6pack: 7:17am On May 23, 2022
gaby:
There are more fuel efficient, low maintenance, economy, and posher cars than the bland, over-hyped, and car-jack prone corolla.

Na the usual herd-mentality dey worry Nigerians with this Toyota craze.

Dem don make the car dey annoy person for road sef.
exactly.when i see people hyping Toyota, I get so pissed
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Smithkline200: 7:20am On May 23, 2022
There are better Brands.

Hyundai especially the Elantra is an amazing car! Very economical and more luxurious than the Corolla.

Kia Rio 2013, my friend drives that car. We filled his tank from Lagos to East, we didn’t refill until we got to Ihiala (after Onitsha, close to Mgbidi IMO state).

These cars are good! Everything must not be this Corrola.
Na overhype make this car reach 3M.

FYI, I drove it in 2016, the 2007 and I sold it less than 5 months. Then I bought it Toks for 1.8M.
The car is ok but a boring as hell!!!
And it hates water, once you drive through water, the noise from the back hub can turn you deaf.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by flejnr2(f): 7:42am On May 23, 2022
Honestfrend:

So na my best friend Kazeem u dey yeye like this!! cry cry
Na the name them too answer sorry oo grin
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by jokerr(m): 7:44am On May 23, 2022
6pack:
I dey tell u. These guys and their poverty mindset is so annoying. There is absolutely nothing special about that Corolla. The car is old outdated and ugly
very ugly
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by onegig(m): 8:03am On May 23, 2022
ednut1:
cruise control, break hold, blind spot light, compatibility with latest phones , rear camera . We are really suffering in that country.

Honestly.

A lot of suffering from the poverty mentality in this country and it is seemingly from the so called educated people and youths with.

I had crusie control on my car but I still had to control when to turn it off and brake . Drove a newer version with adaptable cruise control and motion sensor and wow. That thing was pure heaven for driving. The adaptable suspension was just something else.

Also lots of Nigerians don't consider things like safety, better engine designs. Imagine someone comparing a car from 2003 with one from 2022 in terms of safety? You are 100% likely to die in an accident while driving a 2003 Corolla than a 2015 Corolla. Facts.

They want to discard decards of R&grin in terms of better engine performance and emission control because of cars fending off potholes?

It is interesting how Nigerians think.

5 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Grupo(m): 9:04am On May 23, 2022
onegig:

Honestly.

A lot of suffering from the poverty mentality in this country and it is seemingly from the so called educated people and youths with.

I had crusie control on my car but I still had to control when to turn it off and brake . Drove a newer version with adaptable cruise control and motion sensor and wow. That thing was pure heaven for driving. The adaptable suspension was just something else.

Also lots of Nigerians don't consider things like safety, better engine designs. Imagine someone comparing a car from 2003 with one from 2022 in terms of safety? You are 100% likely to die in an accident while driving a 2003 Corolla than a 2015 Corolla. Facts.

They want to discard decards of R&grin in terms of better engine performance and emission control because of cars fending off potholes?

It is interesting how Nigerians think.

The bolded is false.

There's really no difference between my 2007 Corolla and a 2015 Corolla apart from maybe CV transmission.

Can you mention a better safety feature the 2015 corolla has that the 2007 does not have?
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by nedekid: 9:18am On May 23, 2022
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by nedekid: 9:31am On May 23, 2022
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by GENES11S: 10:01am On May 23, 2022
Miyachi:

Actually, they do.

GM sold rebadged Corollas under their Geo brand from the late 90's to early 2000s. The Pontiac Vibe is another rebadged Corolla. Toyota is also collaborating with Mazda (I think, the Mazda 2. Toyota sells it as the Yaris ia). They've collaborated with BMW and have their engine in the Supra, the list goes on.

If it is a good enough deal, they'll take it. But I don't think it's going to make any financial sense to them, the market for new cars is Nigeria is a niche one. It's going to be difficult to make it affordable and still make a profit.

You are missing the point, the name Corolla is synonymous to Toyota. It is what got them where they are now.

They have never and will never share that name with another auto brand. They can build the parts for other auto brand but it cannot be named Corolla (or anything similar). This people take brand superiority very serious oo.

Have you wonder why Ford sue Toyota for trying to name the Tundra truck similar to their F1 series?

Brand is everything to them, they can sell innoson the parts but it can never be called a Corolla. They don't do business that way.

Innoson would have to come up with a product line of their own but they will get (buy) the parts from Toyota.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by OfficialSam(m): 10:06am On May 23, 2022
Agugbadin:

Kia/Hyundai are no match to Corolla, Corolla is much better. Kia/Hyundai parts are very expensive and are not easy to get. In terms of performance, and durability Toyota Corolla is the best.

Which Kia/Hyundai parts are very expensive and not easy to get? Una go just dey talk wetin una no sabi. Korean car parts are everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Miyachi: 10:34am On May 23, 2022
GENES11S:

You are missing the point, the name Corolla is synonymous to Toyota. It is what got them where they are now.

They have never and will never share that name with another auto brand. They can build the parts for other auto brand but it cannot be named Corolla (or anything similar). This people take brand superiority very serious oo.

Have you wonder why Ford sue Toyota for trying to name the Tundra truck similar to their F1 series?

Brand is everything to them, they can sell innoson the parts but it can never be called a Corolla. They don't do business that way.

Innoson would have to come up with a product line of their own but they will get (buy) the parts from Toyota.

I understand the point you're making, but it seems you've not understood what OP is asking.
Read through my post, I never claimed that they've ever sold their trademark or brand to any company. They've sold their technology as rebadged cars and even their engines to other automakers, that is essentially what OP is asking. It is possible but the question is will it be economically feasible?

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:40am On May 23, 2022
I
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:41am On May 23, 2022
It's not made for the average Nigerian if the price is as cost as that.infact the average Nigerian cannot afford that car.There are better cars that it,fine,its reliable but if you are someone who needs more from a car like me,just ignore the corolla.i feel its more suitable for a lady.besides if you see the scrap and accidents corolla people bring to Naija,you go fear fear

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:44am On May 23, 2022
Raydos:
Wetin dey pain me for here be say dem still dey sell motor of 2006 3.5-3.7million

what tha hell? Something that shouldn't be more than 50k, this country is a hell hole and an effed up place!
na Naija dey hype the plastic,oyibo no even too dey use or value that car sef.they prefer performance cars.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by GENES11S: 11:16am On May 23, 2022
Miyachi:

I understand the point you're making, but it seems you've not understood what OP is asking.
Read through my post, I never claimed that they've ever sold their trademark or brand to any company. They've sold their technology as rebadged cars and even their engines to other automakers, that is essentially what OP is asking. It is possible but the question is will it be economically feasible?

Ok.

Regarding the question in bold:
It will result in a very expensive product from Innoson. But I don't think it matters because considering the reliability of their products (Toyota). People will buy it. It will also add more credibility to Innoson.

Outdated Toyota products are very costly (compared to other manufacturers) yet people are still rushing to buy them. If people know that it's reliable, they will strive to get it no matter the cost.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by kayo8080: 11:26am On May 23, 2022
gaby:
There are more fuel efficient, low maintenance, economy, and posher cars than the bland, over-hyped, and car-jack prone corolla.

Please name these cars. I'm asking cos I want to get one.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by millhouse: 11:30am On May 23, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

We’re allergic to moving forward in this country.
abi... no wonder Buhari could come back
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by whirlwind7(m): 12:15pm On May 23, 2022
ednut1:
cruise control, break hold, blind spot light, compatibility with latest phones , rear camera . We are really suffering in that country.

Apart from cruise control, all these other things you mentioned can be easily installed in within an hour in any one of the shops at Ladipo. No joke.
Moreover, i think the 2003 model and up had cruise control.

Listen man, the affinity for Corolla isn't peculiar with Nigeria.
All over Asia, Africa and middle east, Corollas are in high demand. Do you see the common factor? Low income countries.

In UAE, used Corollas costs more than Camrys as well as other cars of comparable capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Miyachi: 12:16pm On May 23, 2022
GENES11S:

Ok.

It will result in a very expensive product from Innoson. But I don't think it matters because considering the reliability of their products (Toyota). People will buy it. It will also add more credibility to Innoson.

Outdated Toyota products are very costly (compared to other manufacturers) yet people are still rushing to buy them. If people know that it's reliable, they will strive to get it no matter the cost.

Very true.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Omodua(m): 12:51pm On May 23, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

It is rugged

It is easy fix

Easy to maintain

Excellent fuel economy

Just thinking out loud.

You are right. Supported.

Innoson should key into this thought and would be beneficial at the long run.

Thanks for this richly idea.
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by GloriousGbola: 1:14pm On May 23, 2022
GENES11S:

Ok.

that is where you may have missed it. Toyota may not trust innoson to build corollas to Toyota specs. that is how you have brand dilution. several brands have been destroyed in nigeria by partnerships with local retailers who cut corners.

the cars innoson assembles are rejected in all western markets. it is a testament to the build quality that people are using buying 15 year old versions models. what is the maximum age any Chinese or american car for that matter lasts?
Re: Innoson Should Look Into Partnership With Toyota To Bring Back The Corolla by Kfed4ril(m): 1:21pm On May 23, 2022
gaby:

Imagine I told someone I wanted to upgrade my 08 accord to 08-10 BMW 3-Series, and the fool said that instead I should sell my 08 accord and add money buy 06/07 corolla.

Na small thing remain I for slap am.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Find Your Car and We Will Do The Rest! / Belarus Officials Storm Nigeria For Proforce Armoured Personnel Carriers (video) / ❌️ Call Me For Your Professional Car Pre-purchase inspection In Ibadan❌️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.