Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,693 members, 7,805,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question (22101 Views)

How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” / What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Chartey(m): 3:17pm On May 23, 2022
Jchi9876:
Some of these HR personnel in naija ask the dumbest questions. I dont know if the interviews are just formality to fulfil a quota. How do you ask someone to list all the "systems in the body".
If it was me I will ask her to define whatb"systems" mean then proceed to tell her nobody not even the greatest physician can do that in a 15min interview and if she can you'd be happy to learn from her/them/him.

It is important the person being interviewed shows some self worth and walk away if they ask dumb ass questions.

Rubbish people. Everybody wan they do power tussle

Because it's a medical organisation. Though I also don't see it as very relevant to whatever job he'll be doing but it's not totally out of place considering the context.

PS: The major systems in the body are few, actually.
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Offpoint1: 3:18pm On May 23, 2022
SecretReporter:
you don't have a job but you writing CV for people, nah wah oh
Did I state the year? abi i was supposed to be jobless forever ni?

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by gbame(m): 3:55pm On May 23, 2022
It depends
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Verbtips(m): 4:00pm On May 23, 2022
you for use head carry the question eg (explain the boy has been indoor for long)indoor go confuse you,but you know the meaning of door and in wetin the get door na house (out/in) (inside,outside) boy has been your don get your answer by breaking the sentence na so you go now join the sentence back by saying well,the sentence probably mean that the boy has been in his room or inside the house for a long period of time without comming out.i know some people go say workshop or church yes i know but 70-95 percent of this kind of situation happen at home.
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by godofuck231: 4:14pm On May 23, 2022
Say "NEXT "
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Jchi9876: 4:38pm On May 23, 2022
Chartey:

Because it's a medical organisation. Though I also don't see it as very relevant to whatever job he'll be doing but it's not totally out of place considering the context.

PS: The major systems in the body are few, actually.

The question was "systems" Don't be doing I too know na him dey kill people like you
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by kernniejay(m): 5:19pm On May 23, 2022
Offpoint1:
Your own better, I once asked over the phone "Sorry, what position did I applied for again? " grin the lady just went silent for couple of seconds, then sigh and re-affirmed if I go by the name xxxxx xxxx offpoint.

Nobi my fault, sapa make person sent 100 cv daily on LinkedIn and all known job sites to mankind, and I don apply for all job positions known to mankind including dog assistant grin grin madam asked me "Why are your Educational qualifications missing?" I asked her "is it necessary or relevant to the position I'm applying for? I need educational qualifications to take give dog food and pack shit? grin grin

Ogun go kee past and present Nigeria Leaders.

You sey make you start personal hustle, environment no gree, you sey make you find job, na war... you come see job, pay na peanut...job stress na elephant

Damn it, you are too funny bro. By the way, it's been a while I saw you on NL, hope you're good? grin[quote author=Offpoint1 post=113097395]
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Offpoint1: 5:38pm On May 23, 2022
kernniejay:

Damn it, you are too funny bro. By the way, it's been a while I saw you on NL, hope you're good? grin
My brother I'm good, na hustle plus NL mod dash me ban cuz I look him girlfriend backyard grin
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by kernniejay(m): 5:54pm On May 23, 2022
Offpoint1:

My brother I'm good, na hustle plus NL mod dash me ban cuz I look him girlfriend backyard grin

Lols, you and ban are like 7 & 8. grin
You don become regular customer of the mods. God bless your hustles bro.
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by mastermaestro(m): 5:55pm On May 23, 2022
FLYFIRE:
NEXT QUESTION PLEASE

Thanks for the meme. grin grin
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by autodevice(m): 6:27pm On May 23, 2022
Hmmm
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Offpoint1: 6:30pm On May 23, 2022
kernniejay:

Lols, you and ban are like 7 & 8. grin
You don become regular customer of the mods. God bless your hustles bro.
grin no be my fault

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by chaloskyx: 6:39pm On May 23, 2022
just say i dont know abi
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Bbbw: 6:54pm On May 23, 2022
Keep shut
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by orumba(m): 7:02pm On May 23, 2022
After I know say I don mess up during the interview, at the end them come asked me if I get any questions for them, I just say NO
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Emoc: 7:29pm On May 23, 2022
Have you heard of the latest PLANdemic?
It's called monkey pox. It is the latest release by the merchants of death.

Covid 19 no do dem, they have manufactured & unleashed another virus. All the covid experts will now switch to becoming monkey pox experts...

Expect different variants and more idiotic developments...

We warned you & your likes, but ignorance and brainwashing no gree una.

socialmediaman:
It’s no crime to apply to multiple jobs but it’s important to read about the company that invites you for interview.

Someone took time to read your resume and consider you qualified for a job, at least take some time to read about the company and think about why you were selected based on your resume

You could also admit that you applied to multiple jobs, and though you read each of them and thought you were qualified before applying, you don’t remember the particular company at the moment and will appreciate help with more information. That is still disappointing but there’s a chance your interviewer could pardon the error you’re lucky
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Jackanda1(m): 8:09pm On May 23, 2022
Iamyemmie, It's ok to mess up sometimes and worry about it, with time you'd forget and move on.

Having experiences and learning is a crucial part of life.
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Hausa(m): 8:38pm On May 23, 2022
Offpoint1:
Your own better, I once asked over the phone "Sorry, what position did I applied for again? " grin the lady just went silent for couple of seconds, then sigh and re-affirmed if I go by the name xxxxx xxxx offpoint.

Nobi my fault, sapa make person sent 100 cv daily on LinkedIn and all known job sites to mankind, and I don apply for all job positions known to mankind including dog assistant grin grin madam asked me "Why are your Educational qualifications missing?" I asked her "is it necessary or relevant to the position I'm applying for? I need educational qualifications to take give dog food and pack shit? grin grin

Ogun go kee past and present Nigeria Leaders.

You sey make you start personal hustle, environment no gree, you sey make you find job, na war... you come see job, pay na peanut...job stress na elephant
Interesting.
I thought I should ask, what year did you use LinkedIn to apply for these jobs?
Would you say it was effective?
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Iamyemmie: 9:00pm On May 23, 2022
Hausa:
Interesting.
Linked in is effective
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Offpoint1: 9:35pm On May 23, 2022
Hausa:
Interesting.
Like 2 years ago, my focus was mainly on remote job outside Nigeria base on my skill.

Being effectives depends on how you build your portfolio

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Chartey(m): 10:15pm On May 23, 2022
Jchi9876:

The question was "systems" Don't be doing I too know na him dey kill people like you

Sorry for my "I too know" o. Make I carry my big doctor head waka comot.
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Parrotpal(m): 10:34pm On May 23, 2022
The startup is 54gene and they are involve in genomic research, drug discovery, medical diagnostics and drug trial. The 7riverlabs is their diagnostics arm spread over Africa. They are involved in lot of test such as covid testing, DNA, Cancer screening etc.

You really Bleep up, they pay blood money.

Iamyemmie:
I did a job interview a while back,the name on the company email that scheduled me for interview was hr54gene something something sha
So it was the company I googled about and studied I didn’t know the job I applied for was for one of the companies they work with 7something lab Cos I be applying to a lot of jobs ,I set google jobs alert for a specific job and location I want .

So I didn’t really remember that company I applied to.

Fast forward to interview sha , They asked a lot of questions which I answered
They asked about the 54gene company too I answered that Then they asked about the 7riverlab
I said I had no idea And I could see the disappointment on their faces
The lady was like don’t I know the company I applied for
I been blaming myself sha Maybe I should have just thought of something

There was one time too
The lady was asking me to list all the systems in the body (secondary school stuffs o)
This hr people wicked
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Kaymansion(m): 10:05am On May 24, 2022
Would say no idea sir/ma as simple as ABC

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Air Force Recruitment For 2017: To Engage 5,000 Nigerians / Why Should We Hire You? The Answer To The Question! / Why Is National Directorate Of Employment (NDE) Extorting Money From Graduates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.