Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth (40032 Views)

Black Women Five Times More Likely To Die During Childbirth / Friends Mourn Young Mother Who Died During Childbirth / Lady Who Died During Childbirth Yet To Be Buried Over Money To Buy Coffin.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by midehi2(f): 12:55pm On May 23, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Am sorry, am confused.

How the thread wan take be?
As in, let asume u wan born ur second pikin, no be the same thread go tear ur vag. again??
Abi which kain thread be that??
Surgical thread na, like in every operations, for this, warm water will melt it away gradually
Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Lamanii22(f): 12:55pm On May 23, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Am sorry, am confused.

How the thread wan take be?
As in, let asume u wan born ur second pikin, no be the same thread go tear ur vag. again??
Abi which kain thread be that??
it’d fall off on its own….. the scar would not even show…. When your wife gives birth you would understand better…
Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by ThatBoheemyan: 12:56pm On May 23, 2022
My wife had a year/cut during her first delivery and what should have taken a a couple of weeks to heal took 3 months of constant pain.

She had to undergo surgery to repair the birth canal. It wasn't a nice experience at all. Thank GOD that she didn't have a tear during our second baby, who surprisingly was bigger than the first.

From what I surmised, it takes skill on the part of the midwife to ensure that the woman delivering vaginally delivers without tear.

I did a research on this birth tear and created a document about it-

https:///Birth-Injuries-Copy

6 Likes

Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Ernesthugo(m): 12:56pm On May 23, 2022
Please what's the best advise here to learn please
Lamanii22:
It is dreadful, I had a tear during my first delivery… the doctor was gentle while stitching it though… we were having a conversation during the whole thing…. He told me I was really strong…. I had to be strong for my munchkin……. I don’t wanna go through the process again though…
Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Lamanii22(f): 12:58pm On May 23, 2022
Malory:
Good to hear. Wishing you the best
thank you…
Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by OlawaleBammie: 12:58pm On May 23, 2022
midehi2:

Surgical thread na, like in every operations, for this, warm water will melt it away gradually
Okkkkkk

Am sorry, i have never witnessed it before, i just dey hear am but i dont onow the kind of thread.
Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Ernesthugo(m): 12:58pm On May 23, 2022
They said it false for pussy to get larger with penis
midehi2:
With the 2nd woman opinion, now I know shocked no wonder cheesy I had Episiotomy

Op, mind you, it's not a choice, it is the ability of the hole, if it is not wide enough, definitely it will cause a rigorous tear or a doctor perform Episiotomy, but the sewing back na die shocked shocked shocked

That is why when days of delivery is near, na continuous nacking o to widen that place... Fact!

1 Like

Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by OlawaleBammie: 1:00pm On May 23, 2022
Lamanii22:
it’d fall off on its own….. the scar would not even show…. When your wife gives birth you would understand better…

Aaahhhh Ikaa, odaju cry cry cry

A no want my wife get tear ooh, abeg pity am, a no want get hbp.
Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Tomek09(m): 1:01pm On May 23, 2022
Whether tear or cut, I will eat both vagina. Proudly Vaginarian.
Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Palwillie(m): 1:02pm On May 23, 2022
Medical doctor here. A cut (episiotomy) is better and safer than a tear for which there's no telling the possible extension (anal sphincters, urethral openings, cervix).

Episiotomy is done and repaired under local anaesthesia with minimal pain, rapid healing.

Cooperate with your doctors. God bless our mothers

5 Likes

Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by SenecaTheYonger: 1:02pm On May 23, 2022
Lamanii22:
It is dreadful, I had a tear during my first delivery… the doctor was gentle while stitching it though… we were having a conversation during the whole thing…. He told me I was really strong…. I had to be strong for my munchkin……. I don’t wanna go through the process again though…

Wait oh, do the doctors see you privates completely or do they cover it while working?
Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by NoToPile: 1:05pm On May 23, 2022
Merely thinking about the stitching is making me scared. I was cut ( very sharp and swift) and also had a tear, they said it was 3rd degree, tore to the anus fa. And baby was not big.

I heared whim, they called a senior dockie to stitch me oo ( they said it was a senior doc that would do the stitching) . He stitched me for almost one hour, I was screaming the place down. They gave me one injection which I believed was supposed to not make me feel anything for where, I felt every damn pull of that rope and that their needle like stuff.

I heared him telling the nursing students possibly it was because I was not having much sex during the pregnancy.

I was scared of going to urinate as the salty urine touched the place it will pepper. I now made a hole on the top of a bottled water any time I want to pee I will be pressing the water bottle so water can splash there to prevent the urine getting direct contact with the stitched place. I was traumatized very traumatized.

My 2nd baby I feared stitching more than the labor itself, luckily I believe the first baby had opened the place up, just one - 2 stitches. The matron was like if I had positioned well, I wouldn't have needed to stitch.

I think it's more common in FTMs sha to get a cut or tear, though the woman beside me in the labor ward was a 3rd time mum, had a tear and had to be stitched ( 3.8kg baby not big)

It's not possible to get an epistomy simply because the place will be tighter after stitching, it's only when it's necessary it will be given. It's not supposed to be a cosmetic stuff it's medical abeg.

10 Likes

Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by SenecaTheYonger: 1:05pm On May 23, 2022
midehi2:
With the 2nd woman opinion, now I know shocked no wonder cheesy I had Episiotomy

You mean the vagina gets tighter with episiotomy ?
Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Ego2(f): 1:06pm On May 23, 2022
Guess this the reason most Yoruba women take herbal mixture for reduction on the size of the baby.

Kudos to all mothers and expectant mothers kiss kiss
Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Kinzo0917(m): 1:07pm On May 23, 2022
Stevenson20:
The Mod that banned me for a week you no go see better. Because I criticized your fucking Islamic religion for killing Deborah, you come ban me. Na you go ban tire. Nairaland is part of the problem Nigeria is facing. How can we swear to Allah and Muhammad before commenting on any Muslim topic, whereas Christain topics are free for anyone to comment? Make God dey watch all of una.

Back to the topic, Which one come be virginal cut abi tear?
Doctors in the house make una throw more light abeg
The mods here are bias. I commented on someone banned unjustly, and I was banned to 24hours. Seun Osewa need to do something about d MODS here else if something close to nairaland spring up today, most of us will be forced to leave. Who knows if I will be ban for saying this?

2 Likes

Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Tukor1759: 1:08pm On May 23, 2022
Stevenson20:
The Mod that banned me for a week you no go see better. Because I criticized your fucking Islamic religion for killing Deborah, you come ban me. Na you go ban tire. Nairaland is part of the problem Nigeria is facing. How can we swear to Allah and Muhammad before commenting on any Muslim topic, whereas Christain topics are free for anyone to comment? Make God dey watch all of una.

Back to the topic, Which one come be virginal cut abi tear?
Doctors in the house make una throw more light abeg
my brother so you dey see wetin I dey see?

1 Like

Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by midehi2(f): 1:09pm On May 23, 2022
SenecaTheYonger:

You mean the vagina gets tighter with episiotomy ?
With that statement, i think so now cos i hear (its tight) grin

1 Like

Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by okomile(f): 1:09pm On May 23, 2022
Isioma31:
congrats ma

Thank you
So shall u see your grand and great grandchildren by His Grace. Amen

1 Like

Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Karemarealty288(m): 1:09pm On May 23, 2022
Where is MadamVanessa....we are discussing Episiotomy......the effects of tight and porous border.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Ernesthugo(m): 1:11pm On May 23, 2022
sexy granny
okomile:
I can't remember what I had then. Am now a Granny grin grin
Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by midehi2(f): 1:11pm On May 23, 2022
Ernesthugo:
They said it false for pussy to get larger with penis
Continuous doing before delivery helps alot, doctors even advise that

1 Like

Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Arielle: 1:11pm On May 23, 2022
kambili999:
A woman doesn't just decide to have an episiotomy. There are indications for episiotomy. If the woman needs one and all things are favourable for her to have it, she will be given.

Science has made things better, including delivery of a baby. There are lots things that help in numbing pain during deliver. Epidural is an example.

It will be a shocker to many of us that some women see bearing pain at childbirth as being more womanly than others.

Local anaesthetics can be given to even reduce the pain felt when episiotomy is being repaired.

Summary of it is, a woman can be given episiotomy and she won't feel a thing. Same thing when it is being repaired. It's just choice of the woman and expertise of the doctor managing her.
That epidural...hmmm. With my second birth, it made me feel funny. I started weeping. The doctors, the anesthesiologist, my husband, they were all confused. I was not in pain, I just kept weeping and I didn't know why. Very strange feeling.

1 Like

Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by bizhop01: 1:12pm On May 23, 2022
She will need Vaginoplasty urgently
Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 23, 2022
My wife had the cut, Mumu doctor did a bad stitch job. The bleeding didn't stop soon enough with much pains, she had to go back to the theater. Fear no let me knack for almost 7 months, wify wasn't even sure it was ok, and I know say my weapon bad on its own. From only cap, then to half penetration. It took over a year for everything to normalize.

2 Likes

Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by TheFutureIsHere: 1:16pm On May 23, 2022
Vaginal tear is not a big deal cos it happens regularly.
I just want to stop taking care of women medically cos I've had a lot. May God forgive for the ladies i helped perform abortions. I've had a lot with women. I quit!!!
Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Ernesthugo(m): 1:17pm On May 23, 2022
Well your points are valid
whereby the husband is a sailor or soldier
what is the remedy?
midehi2:

Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Ernesthugo(m): 1:19pm On May 23, 2022
Well your points are valid
whereby the husband is a sailor or soldier
what is the remedy?
midehi2:

Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Ernesthugo(m): 1:20pm On May 23, 2022
and it has to be 10cm right?
midehi2:

Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by Stevenson20: 1:25pm On May 23, 2022
Tukor1759:
my brother so you dey see wetin I dey see?

I will always say my mind, Na them go ban tire.
Re: Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth by okirewaju(f): 1:25pm On May 23, 2022
Cut is better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies With Protruding Bellies. / Nigerian Man, Efosa Silas Sick at UAE Hospital, Who Knows The Family? / 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.