Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,138 members, 7,807,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts (8252 Views)

Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second / INEC Reveals Number Of New Online Voter Registrations Per State / Direct Or Indirect, Tinubu Will Win APC Presidential Primary – SWAGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by nairavsdollars(f): 8:42pm On May 22, 2022
Hon. Bosun Oladele, National Secretary of the South West Agenda for Asiwaju (SWAGA ’23) has said the exclusion of statutory delegates from the forthcoming presidential primary of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) will not affect the chances of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

The Senate and the House of Representatives had last week passed the amendment to the Act to recognise statutory delegates which include elected councillors, local government chairmen and their deputies, party chairmen in local government areas, state and federal lawmakers (current and former), governors and their deputies, President and Vice- President, National Working Committee members, state party chairmen and secretaries as voters during primaries, congresses and conventions of all the political parties.

However, with the President’s refusal to sign the amended Act, only democratically elected delegates will be able to vote at the primaries as Section 84 (cool clearly stipulates that  “A political party that adopts the system of indirect primaries for the choice of its candidate shall clearly outline in its constitution and rules the procedure for the democratic election of delegates to vote at the convention, congress or meeting.
Speaking with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Oladele urged President Buhari to assent to the amended Act before the convention.

He said while the failure to sign the amended Act will not prevent candidates from emerging at the primaries, it will definitely reduce the number of votes expected owing to the exclusion of statutory delegates.

“It will definitely reduce the number of votes expected for the cross-section of aspirants across party lines”. 

“It will not prevent the aspirants that will fly the party flags in all parties from winning and emerging. If an aspirant is popular among delegates, the popularity will not be limited to a section but generality of delegates”.

He however said even if only one person is chosen as delegate per state, Tinubu will still win the presidential primary.

“For us in SWAGA’23 if one person per state is chosen as delegates. Asiwaju Tinubu will win the ticket by God’s grace and with the people’s support”.

“However, to enable an even spread of the camaraderie and sense of belonging and that feeling of popular participation in the process, I will urge the President to accent to the amended Act before the convention”.

https://independent.ng/apc-presidential-primary-exclusion-of-statutory-delegates-wont-affect-tinubus-chances-swaga/

8 Likes

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by Abfinest007(m): 8:44pm On May 22, 2022
I want a situation whereby after losing he can't decamp again.apc should shift d primary election beko

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by trutharena: 8:45pm On May 22, 2022
Correct.

It will be a case of winner take all.

Those candidates that are very weak and expecting to steal few votes from the states they are not popular will now be sad because you either win a state completely or lose it completely.

I pity candidates waiting for fake anointing oil.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by PrinceOfLagos: 8:45pm On May 22, 2022
Self deceit

19 Likes

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 22, 2022
Okechukwu Tinubu is the only candidate come 2023

Others are just spectators.

Nothing is stopping dude.

Someone should tell Peter Obi that the best he can become in 2023 is President of Aba Traders Association (ATA)

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by Odin13: 8:46pm On May 22, 2022
If Yoruba want .. make them twist am, play am, dig am..
Yoruba no fit armtwist Mohammed Buhari to give them ticket.

All this plenty English

Buhari no Dey read am... and Aboki no Dey read either

That’s the fact

Power to the people
North 2023

12 Likes

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by trutharena: 8:47pm On May 22, 2022
Even if only the governors of each state are allowed to vote as delegates, Asiwaju Jagaban will still win.

Except if they fail to do primaries.

20 Likes

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by Massiveglory: 8:48pm On May 22, 2022
Dem go shock tinubu the same way dem take shock Zadok of Nigeria idol.

15 Likes

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by trutharena: 8:48pm On May 22, 2022
As per the PDP, Obi Pandora won’t even get up to 5 votes because most of the states governor in the SE are not even supporting him and PDP only got 1 delegates per LG.

Chai, I pity Obi Pandora, if only INEC can take the election to Twitter he would have won by 5 trillion votes.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by trutharena: 8:49pm On May 22, 2022
Massiveglory:

Na Tinubu go shock your guys.

Just wait and see. Na few more days remain!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by Massiveglory: 8:51pm On May 22, 2022
trutharena:

Na Tinubu go shock your guys.

Just wait and see. Na few more days remain!

E no reach 7 days. I just hope u won't disappear. Because I will hunt u out.

5 Likes

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by trutharena: 8:52pm On May 22, 2022
Massiveglory:

Disappear Wetin. I dey here gidigba.

Even if we no win, we are going back to Lagos.

But we are 100.0% sure of victory!

19 Likes

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by Vikkoh(m): 8:54pm On May 22, 2022
trutharena:

Disappear Wetin. I dey here gidigba.

Even if we no win, we are going back to Lagos.

But we are 100.0% sure of victory!

... going back to Lagos to loot what's left in the treasury?
Bunch of mumu clowns grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by Xscape1993(m): 9:01pm On May 22, 2022
You lied...he will not even smell that seat of power...

7 Likes

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by NyamiriSlayer(m): 9:01pm On May 22, 2022
Eze gburugburu of Igbo land, Mazi Bola Ahmed Tinubu is unstoppable.... He is like a moving train that nobody can stop, incons*qu*ntial 5% should know this and have peace
On Tinubu's mandate i stand

6 Likes

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by GoooodHardDick: 9:13pm On May 22, 2022
They should stop deceiving this old man. Tinubu is planning on decamping to SDP. And even SDP sef rejected Tinubu. They said he is an ex convict and has lots of cases to answer in court. Tinubu should go and rule his skullminers miscreants

7 Likes

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by fyneguy: 9:21pm On May 22, 2022
Abfinest007:
I want a situation whereby after losing he can't decamp again.apc should shift d primary election beko

Oga. He can't lose.

He even controls most of the states without APC Govs. There's no way he will lose.
Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by Isokiscool(m): 9:49pm On May 22, 2022
Consensus nko??
Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by nairavsdollars(f): 10:23pm On May 22, 2022
What about it?

Isokiscool:
Consensus nko??
Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by Peacecore: 10:34pm On May 22, 2022
Who has the highest number of states/LG now?
Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by nairavsdollars(f): 11:23pm On May 22, 2022
Lagos 57
Peacecore:
Who has the highest number of states/LG now?
Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by hisexcellency34: 3:12am On May 23, 2022
In SDP?
trutharena:
Even if only the governors of each state are allowed to vote as delegates, Asiwaju Jagaban will still win.

Except if they fail to do primaries.

1 Like

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by Authoreety: 5:22am On May 23, 2022
Omo! See nonsense talk

1 Like

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by sotall(m): 5:22am On May 23, 2022
undecided

Desperado is being deceived by those that wants to chop inside bullion van money grin

1 Like

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by Penguin2: 5:23am On May 23, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Self deceit

Chest beating angry
Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by PNomsule: 5:24am On May 23, 2022
Pride comes before a fall...
Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by RichDad1(m): 5:27am On May 23, 2022
As long as APC goes into primary election, the ticket is for Tinubu. Not even Buhari can stop him.

1 Like

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by SmartPolician: 5:29am On May 23, 2022
If the pictures we have been seeing the last couple of weeks really matter, then nobody can beat Tinubu in the APC presidential primary election. Other candidates, I believe, already know this; I guess they just want to try and see how it goes.
Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by RichDad1(m): 5:29am On May 23, 2022
sotall:
undecided

Desperado is being deceived by those that wants to chop inside bullion van money grin
PNomsule:
Pride comes before a fall...
GoooodHardDick:
They should stop deceiving this old man. Tinubu is planning on decamping to SDP. And even SDP sef rejected Tinubu. They said he is an ex convict and has lots of cases to answer in court. Tinubu should go and rule his skullminers miscreants
Xscape1993:
You lied...he will not even smell that seat of power...
Vikkoh:

... going back to Lagos to loot what's left in the treasury?
Bunch of mumu clowns grin grin

Massiveglory:

Massiveglory:
Odin13:
If Yoruba want .. make them twist am, play am, dig am..
Yoruba no fit armtwist Mohammed Buhari to give them ticket.

All this plenty English

Buhari no Dey read am... and Aboki no Dey read either

That’s the fact

Power to the people
North 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Self deceit
See them. Pained cannibals

1 Like

Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by Hassanmaye(m): 5:34am On May 23, 2022
Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by Slynation(m): 5:34am On May 23, 2022
What is written is written, but I'm very sure the Northerners already have everything mapped out, APC as a whole is in a confused state, everyone is trying to play safe, they know once PDP present a northern candidate then Tinubu will so much lose woefully as APC flag bearer...
Re: Even With One Delegate Per State, Tinubu Will Win APC Primary, SWAGA Boasts by Isokiscool(m): 5:36am On May 23, 2022
nairavsdollars:
What about it?

e go favour ur God??

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Telephone Glitch Frustrated Obama's Move To Reach Jonathan / Two Babies Delivered At Furore IDP Camp In Yola (photos) / ₦720 Billion Subsidy Burden Presses Harder As Oil Price Sustains Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.